** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 26-27

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 27 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Worcester City (15:00 BST) 1/1 13/5 2 111.11 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Stalybridge Celtic (15:00 BST) 6/5 13/5 13/8 111.33 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v Blyth Spartans (15:00 BST) 4/5 13/5 13/5 111.11 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Colwyn Bay (15:00 BST) 8/11 11/4 11/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v Boston United (15:00 BST) 10/11 13/5 11/5 111.41 %
maximize.gif Hinckley United v Gloucester City (15:00 BST) 7/4 12/5 6/5 111.23 %
maximize.gif Histon v Corby Town (15:00 BST) 2 13/5 1/1 111.11 %
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Altrincham FC (15:00 BST) 10/11 13/5 11/5 111.41 %
maximize.gif Nuneaton Town v Bishop's Stortford (15:00 BST) 4/11 10/3 6 111.43 %
maximize.gif Vauxhall Motors v Solihull Moors (15:00 BST) 8/11 11/4 11/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Workington v Droylsden (15:00 BST) 11/5 13/5 10/11 111.41 %
BlueSQ Bet South Friday 26 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dorchester Town v Eastleigh (19:45 BST) 6/5 13/5 13/8 111.33 %
Saturday 27 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Boreham Wood v Thurrock (15:00 BST) 2/5 10/3 5 111.17 %
maximize.gif Bromley v Sutton United (15:00 BST) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Dartford (15:00 BST) 5/4 5/2 8/5 111.48 %
maximize.gif Dover Athletic v Tonbridge Angels (15:00 BST) 4/7 11/4 7/2 111.36 %
maximize.gif Hampton & Richmond v Farnborough (15:00 BST) 13/8 13/5 6/5 111.33 %
maximize.gif Havant & Waterlooville v Truro City (15:00 BST) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Staines Town (15:00 BST) 5/4 5/2 8/5 111.48 %
maximize.gif Welling United v Eastbourne Borough (15:00 BST) 13/10 12/5 8/5 111.35 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Salisbury City (15:00 BST) 1/50 1/33 1/50 293.17 %
maximize.gif Woking v Basingstoke Town (15:00 BST) 1/2 14/5 9/2 111.16 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 26-27 Quickly on a couple of early takes for me... Corby Town away at Histon (BlueSQ Bet 11/8) Histon are showing signs of the struggle to come with poor displays against Alty and Worcester and it doesn't get any easier with Corby rolling into town. Corby lost midweek at Gainsborough, where Steve Housham grasped his chance taking charge for the first time, but already have three away points in the bag from the trip to Halfax. They are a hard working side and that's not what Histon need to be facing right now. Sutton United away at Bromley (7/5 BlueSQ Bet) Battling performances brought Sutton wins at Basingstoke and at home to Staines (where they were down to 10 men for the last 20). Neither was particularly convincing, but both matches show that Sutton have the kind of strength that Paul Dowell's sides have sometimes lacked in the past. Bromley's good start is all but forgotten after a home defeat to Maidenhead and a surgical carpet bombing by Eastbourne. My feeling is that Bromley have plenty to do to stop the rot and I think the price is generous about a Sutton side that isn't really deficient in any area.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 26-27 Halifax v Stalybridge Celtic This is set to be a very interesting game in the Blue Square North on Saturday with the ante-post favourites Halifax hosting the new favourites Stalybridge. Having tipped up Celtic in my ante-post preview I am naturally very pleased with how they have been performing so far and they have been lively in all of their matches, including on Tuesday when coming from two down to beat Workington 5-2. Halifax meanwhile have been struggling a little and only have a narrow win against Blyth Spartans to their name. I still think they will probably be up there at the end of the season but the defence is looking a little shaky and given how strong Celtic have been, there is every chance that they can exploit that. Coral's price of 2/1 for an away win appeals here. Histon v Corby Corby have been a bit disappointing in their last two games so I was a little tentative of backing them again, however Histon look shocking right now and I'd be happy to take most teams in this league at odds against to beat them. Worcester stuffed them 5-1 on Tuesday and Worcester had ten-men for some of the game as well. As I mentioned on Tuesday, the fact Omer Riza is missing is a huge blow for the home team and it leaves them with a very youthful and inexperienced side. Hopefully Corby can go back to the type of performance they showed in their first two outings and to be honest even if they didn't they should still be good enough to win here. Blue Square are best on a Corby win at 5/4. Nuneaton v Bishops Stortford & Vauxhall Motors v Solihull Moors Stortford and Moors played each other on Tuesday night and by all accounts it was a terrible game which Stortford managed to win 1-0, with Moors looking like they wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now. Along with Histon they look two of the worst sides in the Blue Square North and I am happy to take both on in a double which pays 2/1 with Skybet. Nuneaton won for us on Tuesday and look to be improving with every match, while Motors have been performing with great credit and are more than capable of picking up three points against a weak Solihull.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 26-27

To back up addpea's call on Staly' date=' Halifax have lost Jamie Vardy to Fleetwood today.[/quote'] That should be a massive help and it is no surprise to me that he went before the end of the month. I am though surprised about where he went.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 26-27 just a heads up on woking today lads, i popped down there again and they are struggling to break teams down. They pass the ball too much instead of shooting on sight however i have noticed their decent defensive record with only 1 goal conceded in 1st 5 games. The keeper handles the ball well also. Still think they will be up there all season but lack a prolific scorer

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South August 26-27

just a heads up on woking today lads' date=' i popped down there again and they are struggling to break teams down. They pass the ball too much instead of shooting on sight however i have noticed their decent defensive record with only 1 goal conceded in 1st 5 games. The keeper handles the ball well also. Still think they will be up there all season but lack a prolific scorer[/quote'] Its funny because they should be full of goals but its strange why they have struggled for goals since putting 5 past Sutton.