** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug

Saturday 20 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Ayr United v Falkirk (15:00 BST) 2.95 3.6 2.37 103.78 %
maximize.gif Livingston v Dundee (15:00 BST) 2.52 3.5 2.75 104.62 %
maximize.gif Partick Thistle v Hamilton Academical (15:00 BST) 3 3.5 2.3 105.38 %
maximize.gif Raith Rovers v Greenock Morton (15:00 BST) 2.3 3.6 3.05 104.04 %
maximize.gif Ross County v Queen of the South (15:00 BST) 2.08 3.6 3.9 101.50 %
maximize.gif Airdrie United v Cowdenbeath (15:00 BST) 2.44 3.55 2.7 106.19 %
maximize.gif Arbroath v East Fife (15:00 BST) 2.62 3.6 2.5 105.87 %
maximize.gif Brechin City v Dumbarton (15:00 BST) 1.66 4 5 105.00 %
maximize.gif Forfar Athletic v Stenhousemuir (15:00 BST) 2.2 3.6 3.25 104.00 %
maximize.gif Stirling Albion v Albion Rovers (15:00 BST) 1.95 3.65 3.7 105.64 %
maximize.gif Annan Athletic v Alloa Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.4 3.65 2.87 103.85 %
maximize.gif Clyde v Montrose (15:00 BST) 1.95 3.68 3.6 106.17 %
maximize.gif East Stirlingshire v Peterhead (15:00 BST) 3.4 3.7 2.1 104.06 %
maximize.gif Elgin City v Queens Park (15:00 BST) 2.48 3.7 2.52 107.03 %
maximize.gif Stranraer v Berwick Rangers (15:00 BST) 2.37 3.7 2.75 105.50 %

Re: Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug Early one for me and some may think its a strange selection given they have lost their first 2 games but I fancy Peterhead at EVS with betfred to beat East Stirling. Peterhead have not gelled yet but they have to come good sooner rather than later and this is a game they MUST win if they are going to do anything in this league. They certainly have a better first team and squad on paper that East Stirling. I don't know team news yet but you would have not got this price at the start of the season and there has only been two games played so I am willing to give Peterhead one last chance

Re: Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug Willie82, I've now had my fingers burned twice by Alloa and Peterhead and for that reason I am not going to touch any of these teams until 10 games in. I agree on paper their team is far superior but they large number of new signings do seem to be struggling... same applies to Alloa! Good luck with bet!

Re: Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug Peterhead have been overrated on the basis of McAllister alone. The rest of their squad is nothing to write home about. Annan and Clyde will be decent sides this year too. Scott Gibson at centre half at Annan was one of the best players in division two until he got sacked by Airdrie last year for a dressing room bustup, and he went back to junior football saying he'd sign for pretty much any club in senior football for another crack at it. Alloa are not a bad team, Clyde are just a much better team than last year, their victories of Peterhead and Brechin showed that. Jim Duffy has made Clyde a much tougher nut to crack as well, they also have another couple of quality centre halves in Brian McQueen and Declan Gallagher. The Montrose game will be an acid test for them though, its the first time they've been clear favourites in a match this season. As for bets this weekend. Hamilton and under 3.5 goals in the Ross County match. The Accies are just a very solid outfit who have retained a lot of their better players while Thistle, aren't mugs, but in the Challenge cup game a couple of weeks ago Accies were able to win and dominate the game with the likes of Mark McLaughlin rested. I have doubts as well so far about the competence of Jackie McNamara as Thistle manager. Ross County game, well, despite last weeks collapse, County don't score much, nor do they concede many. Queens don't have the same quality that Hamilton do and I think even at the ridiculously short odds under 3.5 goals is buying money. Only concern would be Kurtis Byrne of County might inject a bit of pace into the team if he starts, but its not a big concern of mine. Queens are without a couple of strikers too with Kevin Smith suspended and Marc McCusker still out injured, which means virtually no decent depth on the bench.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug I know Peterhead have a much better squad than East Stirling but they haven't won away from home in over a year. I think it's actually getting close to 18 months. For that reason they would be a dodgy bet in my opinion. If you decide to bet on them, good luck.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug

hi mates' date=' why is that high odds on over in Livingston-Dundee game.This is a derby game, so we can expect goals or maybe not?[/quote'] I'm a Dundee fan and I can honestly say that Dundee-Livi isn't a derby match. Dundee in my opinion have the best defence in the league so Livingston will find it hard to score and we also haven't got a fully gelled strike force so we haven't scored much this season. Add to that the fact Livingston haven't lost at home for over a year I genuinely couldn't pick a winner. I think it'll be under 3.5 goals but I wouldn't touch it with someone else's money.

Re: Scotland > Weekend > Divs 1-3 > 20 Aug

I'm a Dundee fan and I can honestly say that Dundee-Livi isn't a derby match. Dundee in my opinion have the best defence in the league so Livingston will find it hard to score and we also haven't got a fully gelled strike force so we haven't scored much this season. Add to that the fact Livingston haven't lost at home for over a year I genuinely couldn't pick a winner. I think it'll be under 3.5 goals but I wouldn't touch it with someone else's money.
4-2 FT ??:unsure