Tennis - 15-21 August

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August

Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams - Samantha Stosur
Selection Samantha Stosur
Strength 10/10
Date 17/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.50
Reasoning Cincinnati WTA Premier (USA) - hardcourt, round of 32. In my opinion Samantha Stosur will beat Serena Williams. Williams is in great shape - she has won 12 matches in a row. Serena won tournament in Stanford and tournament in Toronto. She feels tired. Stosur played 6 matches in Toronto but she lost in the second round in Stanford. She defeated Eleni Daniilidou in the last match. Eleni Daniilidou had no chances. The match lasted 49 minutes and Stosur won 6-3 6-1. Williams won against Hradecka and the match lasted 100 minutes. Samantha Stosur's service is really good so I think she will won against Serena Williams. Williams feels tired - she has won 12 matches in a row. She needs rest.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maria Sharapova vs Anastasia Rodionova. Under 18 games. 1.89 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :clap Petra Kvitova vs Chanelle Scheepers. Under 19.5 games. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) :$ Juan Martin Del Potro +3.5 vs Roger Federer. 1.80 @ Bwin (4/10) :eyes
Kvitova donated three services games in the first set and that was the difference. Can not comment on Del Potro's failure as didn't see the whole match.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Too many matches once again, let's just hope it will be the same outcome as yesterday's morning session which was pretty good. Novak Djokovic vs Ryan Harrison. Under 18 games. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Ryan Harrison needs lots of improvement on his serve. Djokovic can defend really well and it will be very hard for the American prospect to break him down. He was a break down in both sets against Chela and the Argentina veteran was playing with shoulder injury, yet was able to break Harrison few times. Djokovic will take him down easily. 6-3, 6-3 is a refund and there should not be more than that. Feliciano Lopez -1.5 vs Philipp Kohlschreiber. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Kohlschreiber was poor against Roddick and barely deserved to win that match. He was set and break down but Roddick decided to gift the match to the German. Lopez can serve almost as good as Roddick and most importantly he will offer just a little bit more on return, he won't be as lazy as Roddick is. Lopez has never lost to Kohlschreiber in three matches and is clearly a favorite to win this one again. Playing tiny handicap which woulw work even if there will be couple tie-breaks. Radek Stepanek -3.5 vs Andrey Golubev. 1.80 @Bet365 (4/10) Radek Stepanek once again has found some form and is playing brilliant tennis. Golubev had gifts from Wawrinka who completely checked out like he loves to do too often this year. Still, Golubev is in awful form and Stepanek should knock him out easily. Stepanek is serving really well and is not making too many unforced errors. He also has got decent record against Golubev having won 3 out of 4 meetings. Jelena Jankovic -2 vs Jie Zheng. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Jelena Jankovic not in the best of form but Zheng is player she can deal with. Not much power on offer from Chinese player and Jankovic will survive baseline rallies because she can defend very well. She's beaten Zheng 4 times out of 5 and the only defeat was sufferd in Beijing which is no huge suprise. Playing this with handicap which is very tiny. Ekaterina Makarova > Vera Zvonareva. 4.93 @ Pinnacle (2/10) Vera Zvonareva is tottaly overrated for this match and that is wrong. Odds close to 5.00 make no sense whatsoever. She can lose to just about anybody these days and Makarova has got the tools to beat her compatriot. She's got good serve and is playing attacking tennis which is very important against player like Zvonareva. Vera managed to win just 6 games (3 per set) against Makarova in their only meeting which was on grass three years ago. I reckon Makarova can upset the odds in this one.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Hi guys, 1 picks for tonight: ATP CINCINNATI: SIMON TO DEFEAT TIPSAREVIC @ 1.55 on pinnaclesports Tipsarevic looked actually very tired in yesterday match after 5 matches last week. Yesterday he defeated Roger-Vasselin in a long match with 3rd set tie-breaker. Tonight he gets Simon who loves long rallies, will not make a lot of unforced errors and has good record on US hard courts.

Sport Tennis
Event Philipp Kohlschreiber vs. Feliciano Lopez
Selection Kohlschreiber
Strength 10/10
Date 17/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.47
Reasoning Well, this will going to be a game between two players who can play some nice tennis on their own serves. Feliciano Lopez is rated as the favourite here but I just disagree right from the start as the spaniard is not a complete player and from the class point of view he is just under Philipp Kohlschreiber's class. The german man is a player who possess much better qualities than Feliciano who is in this position of favourite most due to his better results recently than his today's opponent. Philipp Kohlschreiber defeated Andy Roddick here at Cincinnati and I will say that his from certain in this tournament is a good one. All in all, Feliciano's better form at first sight shouldn't be an advantage for him today as Philipp Kohlschreiber has started with confidence certain this tournament. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Davydenko vs. Fish
Selection Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 17/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.05
Reasoning Well, this will going to be a very very interesting game as these two players have so many differentiations in terms of class but also of form of the moment. Well, in terms of form there is so clear that Mardy Fish has all the advantages as his results did looked by far away much better than Nikolay Davydenko's ones. Fish did played the final in the previous tournament against number one Novak Djokovic and also he did played three sets and this final. So, there are no doubts that Fish is in a great form at the moment, but I will say lets just not forget about the class. Nikolay Davydenko is clear a better player than the american and since the hard season he is playing a more closer tennis to his real level, he could take the first set against Djokovic and then the things could had another story for him, it just wasn't to be, he lacked a litter bit in that game. Davydenko is not playing the same tennis as on the clay season, he did lost only from Verdasco and Djokovic, so against Mardy Fish IMO he should be the favourite and take the game into control. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Stonking odds here on Ferrer to win 2-0 @ 1.79. Betfair He hasn't played since Bastad but with a win today it apparently puts him back into the top 5 rankings. Dimitrov is inconsistent on the American hardcourts so far this summer, winning 4 (including a walkover vs Llodra) and losing 3 to quite lowly opposition. The only spanner in the works is Ferrer's lack of match practice but the man is a beast and there's a carrot in the rankings climb for him here to go to number 5, he'll want matches to get sharp for the US Open and he hates losing.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August David Ferrer (-4) - Grigor Dimitrov 2.10@bet365 6/10! Such a long period without a picks, so i decided today to comeback and try to win some money :ok First of all David returns to the stage since 07.11 in Sweden where he lost so Robin 2-6 2-6. That's a long period of time, but i'm hoping the spaniard returns healthy and ready to take some challanges at US open. On the other hand we have Dimitrov, who has played some US open series tournament, Atlanta, Washington, LA, new port. Watched him playing against Alex jr. and my word he is in bad shape at the moment, the results speaks themselves ... L to jr 2:6 4:6, L to Ram 4:6 4:6 , L to Tipsy last time 2:6 4:6. It's really hard to predict how they will come in today, one after a month holliday, and another with little playing activity. I think that this one could end up very soon with David destroying Grigor. I like David always picking because of his 100% work and he will give very hard time to Bulgarian, who can't serve at the moment. gl :hope

David Ferrer (-4) - Grigor Dimitrov 2.10@bet365 6/10! Such a long period without a picks, so i decided today to comeback and try to win some money :ok First of all David returns to the stage since 07.11 in Sweden where he lost so Robin 2-6 2-6. That's a long period of time, but i'm hoping the spaniard returns healthy and ready to take some challanges at US open. On the other hand we have Dimitrov, who has played some US open series tournament, Atlanta, Washington, LA, new port. Watched him playing against Alex jr. and my word he is in bad shape at the moment, the results speaks themselves ... L to jr 2:6 4:6, L to Ram 4:6 4:6 , L to Tipsy last time 2:6 4:6. It's really hard to predict how they will come in today, one after a month holliday, and another with little playing activity. I think that this one could end up very soon with David destroying Grigor. I like David always picking because of his 100% work and he will give very hard time to Bulgarian, who can't serve at the moment. gl :hope
:nana Huh, that was lucky end for me. Grigor played some great tennis, could go in anyway this match. I'm very pleased about Ferrer win, he looked so happy after that victory, he needed to start it well, but there a lot of to improve in his game, considering how fast US open coming. The character of spaniard was highier than the bulgarian talent today. :hope

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August WTA Cincy Thursday Samantha Stosur -2 vs Na Li. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Stosur had a walkover over Serena Williams and is 4-0 against Li. They met just last week in Toronto. Stosur won in straight sets and actually has not lost a set in all 4 matches with Li. The difference will be the serving and Stosur is more solid on her own deal whilst Li makes some errors and can throw away some service games. It will be hard for her to recover if she gets behind. Jelena Jankovic > Francesca Schiavone. 1.74 @ Pinnacle (6/10) I don't think Schiavone can beat Jankovic on any other surface than clay. The Italian was 0-3 and double break down in the final set against Kirilenko but survived that match. Jankovic was messing around against Jie Zheng but did the job in the end. Jankovic has won all three matches against Schiavone on hard courts and should make it 4-0 on this surface. Svetlana Kuznetsova +3.5 vs Maria Sharapova. 2.11 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Should be a cracking match. Kuznetsova picking up some form finally and will be a proper test for Sharapova. She had an easy win in the first match against Rodionova but serve was all over the place once again. Kuznetsova can make some inroads on that and three sets which I think will happen provides a chance for Kuznetsova to cover the handicap. They played here last year and Kuznetsova just about covered this line. Sharapova won that match 6-4, 1-6, 6-2. Christina McHale +4 vs Nadia Petrova. 2.07 @ Pinnacle (4/10) McHale beat Wozniacki and can do the same against Petrova as well but I reckon the best way here is to play safe and choose handicap which is reasonable 4 games. She beat Petrova via retirement in this same tournament last year before losing in three sets in Indian Wells this year. Petrova more power on offer but McHale can defende really well and her backhand is awesome. Should be a close match.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August + 1 obvious for men Gael Monfils > Philipp Kohlschreiber. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Odds on Monfils will go down rapidly, I guess. This is not normal and will drop for sure. He owns Kohly and has lost to him just once, it was on grass in Halle this year. Monfils not known for his grass court tennis. Other than that he's beatgen Kohlschreiber 4 times and should progress here as well. Kohly in all honesty should have lost to Roddick who was couple games away from the match with a break in the second set. Lopez was not in the mood and could only make double faults. Monfils can beat Kohlschreiber from the back of the court and if his serve is on song, there will be no chance for Philipp.

Francesca Schiavone > Maria Kirilenko. 1.85 @ Bwin (7/10) :ok Novak Djokovic vs Ryan Harrison. Under 18 games. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :ok Jelena Jankovic -2 vs Jie Zheng. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) :ok Gilles Simon > Janko Tipsarevic. 1.85 @ Bwin (6/10) :ok Radek Stepanek -3.5 vs Andrey Golubev. 1.80 @Bet365 (4/10) :ok Feliciano Lopez -1.5 vs Philipp Kohlschreiber. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) :$ Ekaterina Makarova > Vera Zvonareva. 4.93 @ Pinnacle (2/10) :spank
That's what I'm talking about! Won't offend Makarova for what she did. That was shameful.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Sport Tennis Event Na Li vs Samantha Stosur Selection Samantha Stosur (-2.5 games) Strength 10/10 Date 18/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 Reasoning One bet I like the look of. Samantha leads the head-to-head with Na Li 4:0 winning all 4 of those matches in two straight sets beating this handicap every time with ease. Just those facts alone are enough for me to be backing this handicap with maximum stakes.

Sport Tennis
Event Gilles Simon - David Ferrer
Selection Gilles Simon
Strength 10/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.30
Reasoning Cincinnati TMS (USA) - Hard Court, Round of 16. David Ferrer is a favorite but I think that Gilles Simon will beat him. Gilles is in very good shape - he won tournament in Hamburg a month ago. He defeated two good players at Cincinnati TMS - Jurgen Melzer in the first round and Janko Tipsarevic in the last match. He had problems against Tipsarevic - lost first set after tie-break, in the second Tipsarevic led 2-0 but Simon won. The match lasted 177 minutes! Simon is very difficult opponent for everybody. His service is not strong but he plays great in rallies. David Ferrer had health problems so in my opinion he will have big problems against tennis players playing like Simon. David Ferrer had problems against Dimitrov yesterday. Grigor won first set, he had 7 break points and won 2. Ferrer's service is not dangerous (8 double faults) so I give more chances for Simon. I bet at bwin (''the “2-way” bet is declared valid as soon as the first ball of the match has been played.'')

Sport Tennis Event Na Li vs Samantha Stosur Selection Samantha Stosur (-2.5 games) Strength 10/10 Date 18/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83 Reasoning One bet I like the look of. Samantha leads the head-to-head with Na Li 4:0 winning all 4 of those matches in two straight sets beating this handicap every time with ease. Just those facts alone are enough for me to be backing this handicap with maximum stakes.
I am afraid I will have to disagree with you here. Those are the same facts that may lead you astray as you may find out. The summary of it all is this; The decision to reach stosur as winner is somewhat suspiciously easy. When that arises in my experience, there is always a big problem. I strongly believe Stosur's game will slump from no explanation whatsoever providing Li an easy compact victory!

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Have couple more. So many good looking matches that can't help myself but play so many. :hope David Ferrer -2 vs Gilles Simon. 1.86 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Simon was really poor against Tipsarevic yesterday. The Frenchman was set and a break down and was heading towards the exit with his negative and lazy tennis but Tipsarevic is who he is and helped Simon out. There will be no gifts if maybe few little ones from Ferrer. Simon won't be able to count on Ferrer making so many errors like Tipsarevic did so he will have to step it up. Not sure he can do that. Simon won't beat Ferrer from the baseline and he can not attack so will lose today. Ferrer has humiliated him both times they've met. Bot matches have been on clay in 2007. Ferrer lost just five games in total in 4 sets. Pretty amazing, hah? Won't be such a crushing this time but 2 games is no big deal to cover for the Spaniard. Petra Kvitova > Andrea Petkovic. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Kivota beat herself against Petkovic last week. Petkovic had to do very little to get a win as Kvitova made error after error. I'm sure she will be better this time and has something to prove. She's a Grand Slam champion after all and has lots of pride in her game. She was below par in her first match against Scheepers but managed to win which is important. Petkovic was close to losing to Gajdosova and did not impress against Arvidsson either. Kvitova is slightly better player and will have additional motivation for today's match and won't like to lose to Petkovic for the 2nd straight time.

I am afraid I will have to disagree with you here. Those are the same facts that may lead you astray as you may find out. The summary of it all is this; The decision to reach stosur as winner is somewhat suspiciously easy. When that arises in my experience' date=' there is always a big problem. I strongly believe Stosur's game will slump from no explanation whatsoever providing Li an easy compact victory![/quote'] Well I suppose if you take into consideration Na Li had to play a 3 set match in order to face Samantha whereas Samantha didn't need to play a match cos of a walkover with Serena Williams and hence had more rest gives it a much better reason I suppose why Samantha has the edge. That and the statistics of the head-to-heads all point in Samantha's favor. Was in a rush in the morning, couldn't go into much detail then. Good luck if you are backing Na Li :ok

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August I'll get involved for the first time this week then. Psycho is having field day after field day with the bookies so I'll hope to pinch some of his success. 3 for the men, and also 2 women bets in total. Alex Bogomolov vs Andy Murray- Murray -4.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (6/10) Betting on Murray isn't very good on the heart or nerves but I fancy him today to win with a bit to spare given his impressive display in the latter parts of the Nalbandian match yesterday. The Scot started slowly yesterday but managed to pick his game up as the match went along. On return he was good which is what we've come to expect from Murray, and I'm doubtful on serve, he will be as rusty as he was yesterday given he's had some match practice against Nalbandian. Tsonga wasn't 100% yesterday against Bogomolov but it was still a good scalp for the American however I do fancy Murray to make the most of any fatigue that will creep into the American's game today after a fair amount of tennis in the past two weeks. Murray has spoken about how he wants to try and play his best tennis going into the US open, so I expect him to gain revenge for the loss to Bogmolov earlier on in the season and win this match with a fair bit of ease. Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal- Over 19.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Feel the line is a game or so low here and I don't fancy Verdasco just to get blown off the court today by Rafa who is still easing back into the swing of things on the hard courts. Rafa already has been beaten by Dodig last week, and looked good in parts yesterday against Benneteau, on serve especially but still in parts he needs the practice. Verdasco if he turns up, will prove a much stiffer test today, with a better all round game for the hard courts. On the past 3 meetings on the hard courts, Verdasco has been competitive, including that epic at the Australian Open a few years back. But in each of those past 3 matches, this line has been covered, and with Rafa still trying to get some practice on the US courts, I fancy Verdasco to keep it pretty tight for the majority. Novak Djokovic vs Radek Stepanek- Djokovic -5.5 handicap- 5/6 Sportingbet- (5/10) Taking the handicap on Djokovic in this one though as I don't see how Stepanek can trouble him too much given the form he's been in this year. Still only one loss this year, and I don't see his amazing form ending anytime soon. He was very comfortable in winning over in Montreal and had few problems in beating Harrison yesterday. As well as the form, the match up is such a terrible one for Stepanek right now despite him troubling Djokovic in the past. Novak is a far better player now than he was in any of their past meetings, and Stepanek although still being extremely fit, is aging and doesn't have any real weapons to trouble the Serb. Djokovic will be aware of the dropshots and if he picks up on them early, given his speed he'll hit winners time after time on Stepanek's variety. The Serb should get plenty of chances on the Czech's serve and I just see him as quite an easy winner in this one against a possibly tired Stepanek. 2 for the women as well then. Petra Martic vs Vera Zvonareva- Zvonareva -5.5 handicap- 17/20 Sportingbet- (5/10) Martic has done well to come through the qualifiers and even make the third round but she should come up against a Zvonareva who is far too strong for her today. Martic hasn't done much in a while in the main draw of a WTA event, failing to make it past the second round this year before this week. She's had to grind out her last two wins which although have been very good wins for the young Croatian, it would have taken alot out of her in truth. She lost the first set in her first and second round matches before coming back to win them, which I'd imagine will affect how she will play today as I don't see how she'll be fully fit. Even 100% she would struggle against Zvonareva, let alone slightly tired, whilst the Russian hammered Makarova yesterday, losing just 3 games in the match so she'll be fresh and ready to go today. Clear difference in quality in this one so I'll back Vera to record an easy win here. Marion Bartoli vs Daniela Hantuchova- Hantuchova to win- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10) Not entirely sure why Hantuchova is the underdog here but I'm happy to take her at odds against. She leads the H2H 4-1, including the last 2, and she's had more court time than Bartoli has of late. She has managed to take sets of Sharapova and Radwanska recently, whilst Bartoli was beaten comfortably by the surprise package of Voskoboeva last week, and before Toronto, only had 2 completed matches on the hard courts. I see no reason why Bartoli should be favourite here considering the H2H and recent few weeks so I'll hope Daniela pulls through in this one.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Fishy is back! Hey, fishy, my boy, what do you think about djokovic - stepanek under 19.5? 6-4 6-3 or other way around would do. Of course, first (or second) tight set would complicate things. What do you think, maybe it's better option?

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Personally I think the unders isn't a bad shout, but we saw last week with Cilic and Davydenko how there could be one tight set in there. I've gone for the handicap in case that does happen. Also think the price is slightly higher which appealed to me more.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August What a bizarre match of tennis between Rafa and Verdasco. You just have to love two crap (Rafa looked like Challenger player at best today) Spaniards going at each other for almost 4 hours :lol Nando was presented like billion chances to win it. Rafa even threw away 3rd set tie-break from 5-1 up, wasted multiple match points, yet Verdasco still had none of it and make more unforced errors to lose it in the end. I bet he doesn't win a match this year :rollin

What a bizarre match of tennis between Rafa and Verdasco. You just have to love two crap (Rafa looked like Challenger player at best today) Spaniards going at each other for almost 4 hours :lol Nando was presented like billion chances to win it. Rafa even threw away 3rd set tie-break from 5-1 up' date=' wasted multiple match points, yet Verdasco still had none of it and make more unforced errors to lose it in the end. I bet he doesn't win a match this year :rollin[/quote']Yeah, the 3rd set tie break was ridicolous: Rafa was clearly trying to gift the match to fernando. I'm definitly going to bet on Mardy Fish as he faces Rafa in the next round. Verdasco playd better than rafa imo, he just didn't have enough to capitalize on those billion opportunities. And talking about bad tennis: did you watch Simon-Ferrer 2nd set? Still can't believe the match is still running, Ferrer was handing the match on a silver plate to poor Simon who couldn't take that one point. He's still up a break but as it looks like, Ferrer's coming back once again.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Done with tennis for at least until US Open. Was waiting for this to happen and today was the day. Lots of unfair matches. Ferrer totally threw away his match against Simon. Kvitova does it again for the 2nd week in a row etc and is relegated to blacklist. Guess, just can not back braindead players anymore. Stosur donated a set as well today...

i could bet my house that Nadal wont lose a second time in a row from a Second Class like verdasko today will i end up homeless?? what s your opinion guys? a second upset from the spaniard in so short time?
this caught my eye!!! HTK, i hope you did bet your house on this match, but i also hope you didnt have a heart attack before the match finished!!!! :loon:loon

I'll get involved for the first time this week then. Psycho is having field day after field day with the bookies so I'll hope to pinch some of his success. 3 for the men, and also 2 women bets in total. Alex Bogomolov vs Andy Murray- Murray -4.5 handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (6/10)- WIN Fernando Verdasco vs Rafael Nadal- Over 19.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10)- WIN Novak Djokovic vs Radek Stepanek- Djokovic -5.5 handicap- 5/6 Sportingbet- (5/10)- WIN Petra Martic vs Vera Zvonareva- Zvonareva -5.5 handicap- 17/20 Sportingbet- (5/10)- WIN Marion Bartoli vs Daniela Hantuchova- Hantuchova to win- 11/10 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN
Perfect day for me personally with all 5 bets coming through, although Hantuchova gave all the usual twists and turns of the WTA. Good start to the week for me, giving me +21.89, which I will look to build on. Most profitable single day I've had in a long time today. :cheers