Tennis - 15-21 August

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August

Sport Tennis
Event ATP Cincinnati - to win outright
Selection Mardy Fish (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 21.00
Reasoning Each Way Bet 1/2 1-2 I think that Mardy Fish can win this tournament. He is in great shape, defeating many good rivals like Ernests Gulbis, Janko Tipsarevic, Stanislaw Wawrinka, Richard Gasquet. Mardy feels great in USA and he likes play on hardcourt. Fish played at ATP Cincinnati in the final last year. He defeated many great tennis players like Andy Murray, Richard Gasquet, Andy Roddick. I see nice way to the final - he will play against Rafael Nadal in the next match. Rafa leads 6-0 in head-to-head series but he is without big shape - had big problems against Fernando Verdasco. Nadal won after three sets. They played three tie-breaks and the match lasted 218 minutes. I'm sure that Nadal feels tired. Rafael's service looks here weakly. Fish's first service is very strong! Mardy can't lose too many service games. Next probably he will play against Murray. He leads 4-3 in head-to-head series, Murray is without big shape, too so he can beat Andy. Odd at bet365 is fantastic for me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Pick: Mardy Fish over Rafael Nadal Odds: 2.32 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: (8/10) To be honest I expected the odds to be lower on Mardy. The last few weeks he's been looking great. You can debate on the fact that Mardy's been playing a lot of tennis and should be feeling the fatigue, honestly looking at him playing Davydenko and Gasquet he still looked fit to play. Over the weeks he's had a lot of great wins including a good match against undefeatable Nole. On the other hand we have Rafa, all though he's leading the h2h 6-0, I feel he won't get the job done. Losing his first hardcourt match against Dodig could be forgiven due to the fact that he had not played after the Wimbledon break. Against Benneteau and Nando he should have done much better. 64 75 win over Benneteau where Rafa looked rusty at best, he then marathoned against Verdasco. Rafa was playing scared tennis and hit error after error and not compensating that with winners (41 UE - 24 WI). If Verdasco played a little more consistent and not the -winner or error- like he did yesterday, I believe he could have won being breaks ahead. Fish will be looking to keep out of the rally and playing attacking tennis. Keep the pressure on, quite short rally's and coming to the net quite often to volley it down. I don't feel like Nadal has the form to counter that today. If there is a day that Fish will beat Nadal it'll be today. Perfect conditions. Really fast hardcourt, form is on Fish's side. If he doesn't win today, he'll never win to Rafa again. Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Andy Murray - Gilles Simon -1,5 sets (1,61), Bet365 Simon has now playd three thight matches in short time and must feel tired. All matches gone to third set. Murray hammered Bogomolov jr yesterday and will be looking to build on that. It's the last tournament before Us open, so Murray surely will want to have a nice run here and try to find his best tennis. Andys serve looked pretty good though there were few double faults. Simon really hasn't shown anything special imo and looks to be big underdog here. Got all three wins with average game, only waiting for an error from the opponent. Murray is 6-1 h2h and only lost on clay in 2007. Would be a surprise for me if Simon can grab a set here.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Looking to build on yesterday's good results then, taking 4 today. Gilles Simon vs Andy Murray- Murray -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Backing Murray for the 2nd day in a row after he easily beat Bogomolov in truth and he looks to really up for this week, heading into the US open. He looked better yesterday than he did against Nalbandian and I expect him to keep playing better and better with the more tennis he plays this week. I'm not entirely sure how Simon is still in the tournament after looking down and out against Tipsarevic, and almost majorly choking against Ferrer yesterday. Excluding Sydney at the start of the year, the Frenchman really hasn't got going on the quicker courts this season, and after his 3 long 3 setters this week, the last player you will want to be up against is a Murray or Djokovic who's return game is sublime and will make you run for everything. No way Simon can possibly be 100% today, and I expect Murray to continue his dominance in the H2H between these two, and cover the handicap like he has done in the previous 4 matches. Novak Djokovic vs Gael Monfils- Under 19.5 games- 10/11 Sportingbet- (4/10 Took Novak on the handicap yesterday which he just about covered but I'm plumping for the unders today. In truth he didn't really get out of first gear against Stepanek, and he didn't need to in order to record a comfortable win. He was good in parts, but in particular his backhand was error prone but I expect him to fix that and play a bit better today. We saw last week how Djokovic in his current form is extremely comfortable against guys like Monfils, as he only dropped 3 games over in Montreal to the Frenchman. Monfils struggled against Dodig in the first round, before easily beating Kohlschreiber yesterday. His entertaining tennis may be good on the eye, but it won't beat guys like Djokovic who is rock solid at the minute. The Serb has won all 7 meetings between the two players, the last 3 with ease and I expect Djokovic to get the job done here in no more than 19 games, a break in either set could see the unders through. Roger Federer vs Tomas Berdych- Over 20.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) I honestly have no idea why the line is so low and at this price, it's a bit of a mystery to me. Granted Berdych hasn't had the best of seasons, but yesterday against Almagro, he overcame the Spaniard very easily, whilst his serve looked solid and assured. Federer had a pretty good draw as he met James Blake who was given a wildcard into this week and was always going to struggle against Roger. Berdych will be a much stiffer test and I don't see either one of these two wiping the floor with the other. The last 7 matches have gone over this line, with quite a few tie breaks thrown in there and Berdych giving Federer several worries and things to think about. See him doing the same today and I'd expect a pretty close affair here. And one for the women as well. Sam Stosur vs Maria Sharapova- Sharapova -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Expected the handicap to be a game higher with this one, in a matchup Stosur clearly has problems with. Sharapova hasn't been at her best since making the Wimbledon final, but she was impressive against Kuzzy yesterday, which could have been a tricky match for her. She didn't have too many problems though, despite her serve still prone with double faults. Stosur had a lengthy match with Li yesterday, in 3 tightish sets, and she has played a lot of tennis over the past couple of weeks. Whether she is fully fresh is dubious, but Sharapova is probably the one women she wouldn't want to see at the other side of the net as she hasn't beaten her in 8 matches and counting, with the last 4 coming in comfortable straight sets. Some sort of mental thing here with Stosur, and I don't see her getting her first win over the Russian today so I'll back Sharapova to win this with a bit of ease like she usually does.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Actually having one outright to go with the individual bets as well. Andy Murray to win Cincinnati- 6/1 Sportingbet- (2/10 E/W)- 1/3, 1,2 After watching him improve against Bogomolov yesterday, I'll take a punt on the Scot here as his draw doesn't look too terrible. Fully expect him to come through against Simon today given the Frenchman has played 3 long and touch matches already this week and then it's either Fish or Nadal in the semis. Not too sure which way that will go, usually would be a Nadal no brainer but Fish is playing far the greater tennis right now. Probably would just give the edge to Nadal still though just because it's Rafa. If Murray does meet the Spaniard, would fully expect Murray to win that one as Nadal still doesn't look particularly match fit, and his tennis reflects that and I'd fancy Murray to win that. If it's Fish, it could be a harder test believe it or not. Mardy is playing some good tennis right now, shown through him taking a set of Djokovic which not many guys have done this year. Murray lost to the American in each of their 3 matches last year so hell want to make up for those defeats and play as much tennis as he can before the US open, so hopefully Murray's determination could see him through that one. Probably Djokovic in the final, but I won't be too unhappy if Djokovic keeps winning everything he sees, as we'll still get a return for the each way stake. So essentially, presuming Murray makes the semis, I'll be on him to beat either Nadal/Fish at 2/1, then at 6/1 to beat Djokovic which looks attractive to me.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Pick: Mardy Fish to beat Andy Murray Odds: 2.13 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: 8/10 You've got to be kidding me. Insane high odds on Mardy here. Fish is playing great tennis at the moment. The conditions suit him so well. The really quick hardcourt is great for his big serve/forehand followed by an approach to finish it off at the net. Fish is in form now where as Murray is still keeping his greatest form to build up for the US Open. Also I wasn't that impressed with Murray's performance so far compared with the opinions I hear from fellow punters. He looked shaky and rusty on some service games and rally's. Andy won't have much chances on Fish's serve. As also Mardy's serve is great and his clutch play has been impeccable. At the moment Murray's defence is not on the level it has to be to defeat Fish today. Murray will be looking to grind it out, but Fish will be keeping points short and will keep the pressure on to break Murray. I see Andy doing well at the US open, but at the moment he's just not ready. Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Pick: Tomas Berdych to beat Novak Djokovic Pick: Tomas Berdych (+4.5 games) to beat Novak Djokovic Odds: 5.17/1.83 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: 4/10 - 9/10 Bet of the day if you ask me. Market sides on the unbeatable status of Djokovic with his insane winning streak. Even after the Wimbledon rest, Novak looked a tad psychically and mentally drained against Monfils yesterday. Gael raised his tennis game the first set and actually took a set off Nole. The following 2 sets Monfils dropped the level of his tennis and due to that fact Novak started to be a little better and capitalize on Gael's errors. Nole wasn't the unbeatable, solid god that we have seen so far. He actually looked pretty human. On the other hand we have Berdych. The line of 4.5 is insane. T-Bird has been serving really, really well. And should he lose I don't think it will be any more than 4-6 4-6. And as with my last pick on Fish, the same counts here. The really fast conditions will suit Berdych's game a lot. I really hope T-Bird will approach the net a quite number of times today as personally I think that can be a key to success to beat Novak. Who, as I feel, won't be able to counter that, as his defense wasn't that sharp this week like it has been all year. T-Bird will be keeping the pressure really high, as he did against Fedex. And personally I don't think Nole would mind a loss here. Get some additional proper rest to be top notch in New York. Good luck guys :hope

Looking to build on yesterday's good results then, taking 4 today. Gilles Simon vs Andy Murray- Murray -4.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10)- WIN Novak Djokovic vs Gael Monfils- Under 19.5 games- 10/11 Sportingbet- (4/10- LOSS Roger Federer vs Tomas Berdych- Over 20.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10)- WIN Sam Stosur vs Maria Sharapova- Sharapova -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10)- WIN
Another good day, with only the unders not coming in. Djokovic looked pretty average compared to how he has been playing. Thankfully Federer forced that tie break to narrowly bring the overs in. +7.49 yesterday, bringing my overall tally this week to +29.38. Not taking anything today. Fancy Berdych to cause problems against Djokovic but not 100% how much his shoulder will affect him and what shape it's in so will leave that alone. Essentially on Murray to beat Fish at 2/1 so hopefully he'll win that one. GL to all today though.

Pick: Tomas Berdych to beat Novak Djokovic Pick: Tomas Berdych (+4.5 games) to beat Novak Djokovic Odds: 5.17/1.83 Bookie: Pinnacle Stake: 4/10 - 9/10 Bet of the day if you ask me. Market sides on the unbeatable status of Djokovic with his insane winning streak. Even after the Wimbledon rest, Novak looked a tad psychically and mentally drained against Monfils yesterday. Gael raised his tennis game the first set and actually took a set off Nole. The following 2 sets Monfils dropped the level of his tennis and due to that fact Novak started to be a little better and capitalize on Gael's errors. Nole wasn't the unbeatable, solid god that we have seen so far. He actually looked pretty human. On the other hand we have Berdych. The line of 4.5 is insane. T-Bird has been serving really, really well. And should he lose I don't think it will be any more than 4-6 4-6. And as with my last pick on Fish, the same counts here. The really fast conditions will suit Berdych's game a lot. I really hope T-Bird will approach the net a quite number of times today as personally I think that can be a key to success to beat Novak. Who, as I feel, won't be able to counter that, as his defense wasn't that sharp this week like it has been all year. T-Bird will be keeping the pressure really high, as he did against Fedex. And personally I don't think Nole would mind a loss here. Get some additional proper rest to be top notch in New York. Good luck guys :hope
To bet against Novak is nonsense. As well as against FC Barcelona. Its just like that. There are so many other games and odds, and to pick Berdych against Nole is just absurd. _You wroted # Novak looked a tad psychically and mentally drained against Monfils yesterday# Mentally maybe,partly, but psychically not at all. Monfiels was fighting for his life in the third set, he could not breathe and run and Novak looked fresh as if the match just began. Djokovic played 57 matches this year and won 56. He is 6:1 against Berdych. He is at least one class above Berdych and he wants to extend his winning record. Nole win 10/10

To bet against Novak is nonsense. As well as against FC Barcelona. Its just like that. There are so many other games and odds, and to pick Berdych against Nole is just absurd. _You wroted # Novak looked a tad psychically and mentally drained against Monfils yesterday# Mentally maybe,partly, but psychically not at all. Monfiels was fighting for his life in the third set, he could not breathe and run and Novak looked fresh as if the match just began. Djokovic played 57 matches this year and won 56. He is 6:1 against Berdych. He is at least one class above Berdych and he wants to extend his winning record. Nole win 10/10
Common sense says that you can not expect a different result by doing the same thing every day. My question to you is at what point do you apply common sense? What was Fish's record against Nadal before yesterday's match?? Dont come here giving 10/10 expections on Nole out of mere emotions. It is obvious Nole's very high standard of play is now in decline unless you were watching something else. The question is simply this; can a half-charged nole beat a fully charged Berdych on the top of his game?? The answer should be maybe; but certainly certainly, +4.5 birdman can only be the most sensible and most valued bet of the day. To play Nole any other way including the handicap is plain silly. I feel anyone that has truely been following this tourney will fill their boots on +4.5 Berdych. He has certainly been motivated from the federer spanking and should put up a better fight than monfils especially with the plus of the Djoker being more drained after yesterday! Gl

Be my guest and compare the matches in Cincinnati with other matches on hardcourt this year. Watch how on some parts he struggles with his serve. How his backhand down the line was less effective. How on clutch moments where normally Djoko is a killer and now got broken by the likes of Harrison for example. Djoko openly said that as a result of all those matches his game is not 100%. Ofcourse he will want to extend his winning record. But what do you think has a higher priority? Winning the US Open or extending his streak a few more matches. I truly believe that Djoko needs more rest to recharge himself, both mentally and physically, if he wants to go all the way in New York. Also this is one of the fastest hardcourts that I've seen. This also favours T-Birds game more than it does Djoko's I'm not saying that T-Bird will 100% win this match. But if you're going to ignore odds of 5.17, then to be honest you're missing a lot of value. Also the +4.5 is a must take at these odds if you ask me.

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Djokovic vs Berdych Pick: Berdych Djokovic is playing a wonderful season, but I think he can't win forever. Yesterday he showed some signs of weaknesses against Gael Monfils and was very close to elimination. Monfils controlled the match, he even won the first set 6:3 and it seems he will win the match. But then Monfils lost the power, I even thought he will abandon the match. It was strange how poor Monfils played the second, specially the third set. And You mast play on the highest level against the World Number one. Tomas Berdych is playing very good in Cincinnati. He won the first three matches without loosing any set. Here are the results: 19.08.2011. Berdych, Tomas vs. Federer, Roger 2:0 (6:2, 7:6) 18.08.2011. Berdych, Tomas vs. Almagro, Nicolas 2:0 (6:2, 6:2) 16.08.2011. Berdych, Tomas vs. Monaco, Juan 2:0 (7:6, 6:0) The mutual results are of course on Djokovic side. But it is important to be mention that Berdych won the last season (2010) semifinal in Wimbledon. Not only won, but he outplayed Djokovic. On 02.07.2010 Berdych won 3:0 and showed he has the quality for highest results. Considering all previous mentioned facts, I think Berdych is able to make a small surprise.

Sport Tennis
Event Petkovic vs. Jankovic
Selection Petkovic (-1.5) Set H (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.51
Reasoning Well, this will going to be the second semi-fianl of this tournament and the situation is a litter bit different than in the first semi-final. Jelena Jankovic is the underdog here, not by much but by just enough I will say as Andrea Petkovic possess qualities which Jelena do not possess. Andrea Petkovic can play some great tenni into attack, she can hit some very nice winners, thing that for Jelena is quite difficult every time she tries to be aggressive. There are no doubts that Jankovic possess a great defence and that she can force her opponent into errors, but I will say here with all the confidence that Petkovic's attack is enough for a defence like Jelena's. Petkovic should dominate this game as she will be the player who will try to take into control the game. All in all, Petkovic is in a great form right now while Jankovic still didn't showed a very impressive stability in this tournament. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Sharapova vs. Zvonareva
Selection Zvonareva
Strength 10/10
Date 21/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.64
Reasoning Well, this will going to be a game between two in very good form players, both Vera Zvonareva and Maria Sharapova are playing some great tennis these days and IMO we should see nothing else than just some high quality tennis in this semi-final. Now, speaking about the odds before this game, Maria Sharapova is rated as the favourite of this game and certain here I just have to disagree. Maria Sharapova is not a better player than Vera Zvonareva who and she also do not have any advantage in terms of style against Vera. There are no doubts that in a game like this one everything is very possible as both players are in great form, but the value goes on Zvonareva's side as she just can't be underdog here. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Wow, Murray and Fish both not playing well at all. Could have gone both ways. T-Bird was a bummer, guess fishy was right on this one. Still happy with the pick itself though. Better luck next time, I guess. Any more opinions on the wta games?

Be my guest and compare the matches in Cincinnati with other matches on hardcourt this year. Watch how on some parts he struggles with his serve. How his backhand down the line was less effective. How on clutch moments where normally Djoko is a killer and now got broken by the likes of Harrison for example. Djoko openly said that as a result of all those matches his game is not 100%. Ofcourse he will want to extend his winning record. But what do you think has a higher priority? Winning the US Open or extending his streak a few more matches. I truly believe that Djoko needs more rest to recharge himself, both mentally and physically, if he wants to go all the way in New York. Also this is one of the fastest hardcourts that I've seen. This also favours T-Birds game more than it does Djoko's I'm not saying that T-Bird will 100% win this match. But if you're going to ignore odds of 5.17, then to be honest you're missing a lot of value. Also the +4.5 is a must take at these odds if you ask me.
I hope You got your money back. Regardless of tonight's match, it was( and it is) pointless to put money against Djokovic v 2.0. Just like against Fc Barcelona . You know when Barca is playing at home teams like Valencia,Sevilla, Espagnol, Malaga,Getafe etc, you can get high odds on away win,from 4-5 to 12-15 or more. And indeed, one day they(Barca) will also lose. They are human too, but before they lose one game, they will win many, many times. Its just stupid to play against Barca and against Nole 2.0, nothing more,nothing less. Nole can win against player like Berdych,Almagro, Fish, Soderling etc even with his B game, its so obvius. And there is no logic for him to reach the semifinals and then tank game. If he had wanted to do it, he would do it in the first or second round, not in semifinal. In other tournaments, he had a very bad games too (Bellucci, Tomic, Baghdatis ...) but he still win the matches and very much raised his game when he needed it. Compare his game against Tomic on Wimbledoon and against Rafa. Whatever , you can put your money on Murray too, 3,40 Bet 365, you know "value" and stuff like that, its on you...

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Djokovic-Murray over 22,5 games 1,72 Bet 365 Well I expect great fight in this game, maybe like in Roma when Nole won in thriller final. Murray is definitely more fresh this time, he played far fewer matches than Djokovic in the last few months, so he should be much fresher this time indeed. Djokovic did not play his best A game in this tournament and sometimes he looked tired and disinterested, but he is in final now and he usually gives his very best game in the final matches.Remember Madrid,Wimbledon etc All in all I expect hard fight today with a lot long baseline rallyes. 22,5 games is not too much 7-6 , 6:4 is wining bet and almost every 3 sets match. Good luck.

I hope You got your money back. Regardless of tonight's match, it was( and it is) pointless to put money against Djokovic v 2.0. Just like against Fc Barcelona . You know when Barca is playing at home teams like Valencia,Sevilla, Espagnol, Malaga,Getafe etc, you can get high odds on away win,from 4-5 to 12-15 or more. And indeed, one day they(Barca) will also lose. They are human too, but before they lose one game, they will win many, many times. Its just stupid to play against Barca and against Nole 2.0, nothing more,nothing less. Nole can win against player like Berdych,Almagro, Fish, Soderling etc even with his B game, its so obvius. And there is no logic for him to reach the semifinals and then tank game. If he had wanted to do it, he would do it in the first or second round, not in semifinal. In other tournaments, he had a very bad games too (Bellucci, Tomic, Baghdatis ...) but he still win the matches and very much raised his game when he needed it. Compare his game against Tomic on Wimbledoon and against Rafa. Whatever , you can put your money on Murray too, 3,40 Bet 365, you know "value" and stuff like that, its on you...
i dont think that comparing favourites in football and in tennis can lead to something valuable from the betting perspective. my idea is that tennis is much more unpredictable sport than football in terms of favourites between 1,20 -1,60 odds i dont have any data to back that, and i think it has to do with the nature of the points which give a winner in each sport in tennis a loser (during the play) can always come back much more easily than a loser(in play) in football i mean someone takes the 1rst set, that s a whole lot of effort to do so, but then again in the second set is like they start from 0 all over again then if the player who lost the first set equalizes has the psychological momentum with him and most of the times(i think) is the player who takes the match as i said i dont have any data to back these ideas and i wont take it personally if you think it s crap-but i wanted to share this if there s any value

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August I am not speaking about "simple favourites", my friend. I am speaking about mega,giga,ultra favourites like Fc Barcelona and Nole 2.0. Cmon man, he is 57:1 this year, he is in making a tennis history. So why to bet against him? Any reason for that? There is a lot other sports, other mathes and high odds, no need to bet against Barca and Nole at all. Take match today, 3,40 on Murray. Isnt a lot better to bet on footballs matches with similar odds then to bet against man who played 58 matches this year and won 57? Isnt better to bet on ,maybe, Rennes away against Montpellier or Odevold at home against Örgryte or Bolton DNB against City or Hannover -1 or Haugesund etc etc etc? Whatever, you are master of your own money, so...

Re: Tennis - 15-21 August Murray +1.5 sets > Djokovic @2.000 Pinnacle The match is scheduled at noon (12:30 PM), weather being hot and humid, expecting cloudy, 28 degree centigrade and particulate matter pollution index level indicates problems for sensitive persons. Djokovic is known to have respiratory problems in such conditions, so I expect Andy should be able to take one set in his current form.

I am not speaking about "simple favourites", my friend. I am speaking about mega,giga,ultra favourites like Fc Barcelona and Nole 2.0. Cmon man, he is 57:1 this year, he is in making a tennis history. So why to bet against him? Any reason for that? There is a lot other sports, other mathes and high odds, no need to bet against Barca and Nole at all. Take match today, 3,40 on Murray. Isnt a lot better to bet on footballs matches with similar odds then to bet against man who played 58 matches this year and won 57? Isnt better to bet on ,maybe, Rennes away against Montpellier or Odevold at home against Örgryte or Bolton DNB against City or Hannover -1 or Haugesund etc etc etc? Whatever, you are master of your own money, so...
Will be reacting on your comments tomorrow. Sadly I don't have time at the moment.

Actually having one outright to go with the individual bets as well. Andy Murray to win Cincinnati- 6/1 Sportingbet- (2/10 E/W)- 1/3, 1,2- WIN
Shame Djokovic had to retire but glad Murray got the win looked pretty good this week. Let's hope he can trouble the big guns in the real thing in a couple of weeks. +16 for the Murray win then which gives me a rather tasty +45.38 which I'm thrilled about. Very good week for the thread I think as well. :ok

Murray +1.5 sets > Djokovic @2.000 Pinnacle The match is scheduled at noon (12:30 PM), weather being hot and humid, expecting cloudy, 28 degree centigrade and particulate matter pollution index level indicates problems for sensitive persons. Djokovic is known to have respiratory problems in such conditions, so I expect Andy should be able to take one set in his current form. VOID
Pretty obvious that Djoker won't win 2:0, but the comical clown retired, so the bet is void. My apology for all who followed. Going for Sharapova -1.5 sets > Jankovic @1.971 Pinnacle Sharapova rock solid this week, while Jankovic advanced thanks to great portion of luck. I cannot imagine Jankovic stealing a set from Maria. Let's hope that another Serb won't wet his pants before the regular matchpoint. GL :hope

Are you still serious about comparing football with tennis? Mate, if 1 person in a top-class team plays bad. There are lots of other players that can make up for him to still win the game. Also when your down mentally, there are also people around you that can pick you up and get you through the game. If there is 1 slight thing that's bothering you, that can snowball into losing the match because of it. André Agassi said in his biography that tennis is the most lonely sport on this planet. I can really recommend you reading that book, to give you a little insight on what goes on in the tennis mind. Now coming back to Nole, this guy has become mentally outstanding this year. But you cannot compare his winningstreak tennis with what he showed here in Cincinnati. Nole, one of the best players when it comes to clutch play. Saving 68% of break points faced YTD, actually didn't have an effort that was better than 50%, and on average 35% this week. Also compare his mental state of mind this week with other matches this year. For me it became clear in the Monfils game. On some points that Nole won, normally all year long he would be celebrating it at least with some kind of move with his racket or clenching his fist. That game there were lots of points where he did not do it. And to be honest sometimes where he did celebrate his winning point so obvious, it didn't look natural like he normally does. It looked forced, like he was just doing it because it is expected from him. I never said he would tank the game after reaching semis like your trying to say I did. But New York is always in the back of his head, therefore it's quite obvious that he won't go all the way to get that match, because the priority is at the US open. Nole like I said wasn't holding service games like he used to do and now we know why. His shoulder was slightly injured or whatever. With his B-game he can beat the likes of Berdych, Fish, Soderling etc. But he will be having an awful day doing so if his opponents are on fire, the way that Berdych was. Hence making it easy to take the +4.5 and making a valuebet on the win all together. And if you are perfectly honest, after watching the T-Bird game before he started to serve crap because of his shoulder, could you really not justify that being a valuebet on a massive 5.17? Djoko wasn't sharp like he was and he could not handle the pressure that was brought up against him. And after watching the Murray game yesterday. I rest my case and was actually confirmed again that my picks were good ones. The only thing I underestimated was the shoulder of T-Bird where fishy made a great call. Good luck to you.