NFLX Wk. 1.

TazaD

Crazy year I know, and as such I guess Pre-season could well be even a little more 'unpredictable' (don't you believe it ;) ) than usual... ...can't help but think there will be a heap of 'unders' as offenses get used to each other... ...given that most coaches seem to be saying that this week won't be the week that the starters get time to gel. (Look out wk. 2. and/or 4 :p ) Baltimore v. Philli under 34 Good number for a Balti under in the best of times...5-14 under last 5 years...2-6 last 2... ...Flacco will be fleeting, even so he has just about zero support. Rookie WR's/Te's...No C, O-line effectively in audition... ...will be up against one of the best (on paper!) D's for the time he's out there. Wil throw the odd lonf\g ball like he does, expecting not much. Taylor in for 30 mins or so who has really struggled in limitted practice/scrimages. Can run, not so good when ball leaves hand! :lol No late fireworks with Cantwell... ...Philli starters for a 1/4, sure to struggle some, Young in for the 2nd will try to impress, but of course won't! :D Kafka to finish...one good pre-season game last year...v. KC. A combined 16/46 191 0 3 in the rest. No reason to be too concerned even v. a try-hard Raven squad. Oakland v. 'Zona OVER 32.5 The one exeption I reckon...at a super inviting number. (Scary? :unsure ) Kolb to go longer than most starters around the league to get into the groove. Bartel/Hall/Skelton (in whatever order) are all seasoned pre-season guys. But, Campbell, Boller, Edwards, Seymour...tell me there's not much competition there!! :rollin I don't care what the coaches' plans are, I suspect there will be balls flying late, long and often! Two average (nice!) D's...tell me a regualtion 33 is out of the question... :unsure

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. Oops, I didn't see this thread. I made one of my own. :eyes I was on Under 34 too TazaD, nice to see you both back for the NFL season guys. :) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Kansas City Chiefs - Chiefs (+3) @ 1.83 (Bet >365) Pre-season games are often hard to predict and I stress I'm only placing small stakes. Fancy the Chiefs because I think they are a better team, and have the advantage being at home. Also their QBs are more experienced than the Buccaneers QBs and that can make a big difference in who wins in pre-season. Todd Haley has said he will play all three of his QBs, but the Buccaneers have 5 on their books with the oldest being 25 years old, and I'm sure more than one will get the chance today.

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. Good to be back, bc...always a great time of the year. :cheers [i deleted that other thread for you Rick :ok ]...but I'm not sure I agree with the pick. Very tempted to play the Bucs, but will wait until later to decide. Amazingly, KC are 4-23-1 in their last 28 pre-season games!! :eek Can be a bit meaningless I know, but the common theme is that they just can't score. "All 3 QB's to play"...but Cassell will be pulled quickly, Palko is average at best, and the rookie Stanzi. O-line thin and barely a fit receiver... ...TB QB's are all back from last year, and looks like Freeman will get extended time with the offense. The only thing that concerns me at this stage is TB's run D late may be poor with a load of rookies which may hurt. [Just my thoughts of course! :ok] Miami @ Atlanta under 33 Funnily enough, depsite my thinking, 'overs' were the story of today...but this look s like a real snoozer on the cards. A quick burst of Henne (who has been struggling in practice anyway), then onto a very poor moore and a couple of rookies. Long is out and the rest of the O-line is a work in progress...3 big 'unders' last year and coming up against a pretty solid D, in fact very deep in the secondary...and only NE scored more than 13 on them last pre-season. Falcons having some O-line problems themselves with a couple of (projected) starters out. No QB dramas so expecting them to simply go thru the motions here. Pittsburgh @ Washington OVER 33 Just the opposite here! Grossman and Beck are battling it out for the starting spot...even tho Beck may not pay (which could actually be better for the over). Grossman loves to heave the ball around, and with this as effectively his first real audition for the job expect ball to be flying early and often. Clemens in to mop up has seen it all before, so every chance of late scoring too. Steelers are usually pre-season 'under' gold, but it's generally only due to their D. They scored 23, 24, 17 and 19 last year and have a very solid QB rotation. They'll get their points, and in this case, I think 'Skins will too.

Re: NFLX Wk. 1.

Good to be back, bc...always a great time of the year. :cheers [i deleted that other thread for you Rick :ok ]...but I'm not sure I agree with the pick. Very tempted to play the Bucs, but will wait until later to decide. Amazingly, KC are 4-23-1 in their last 28 pre-season games!! :eek Can be a bit meaningless I know, but the common theme is that they just can't score. "All 3 QB's to play"...but Cassell will be pulled quickly, Palko is average at best, and the rookie Stanzi. O-line thin and barely a fit receiver... ...TB QB's are all back from last year, and looks like Freeman will get extended time with the offense. The only thing that concerns me at this stage is TB's run D late may be poor with a load of rookies which may hurt. [Just my thoughts of course! :ok]
Doesn't bode well for me then. Where do you find out your stats and team info.? I gotta be honest, I find it too difficult to keep up with everything in the NFL and my picks are generally picked with statistics. Would love to have more knowledge to back up my picks. Thanks for deleting the other thread too. EDIT: Like the Miami-Atlanta Under TD and followed you on that.

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. Mate, I love pre-season betting...I say it every single year, but where/when else in professional sport do we get the coaching staff telling us [effectively] how the game will pan out before it happens?! :p I generally find the covers.com is the easiest site to use for match-ups and results from previous years (I'm sure there's plenty of others, just the one I've gotten used to)... ...and pre-season it always helps to be reading the local rag leading up to the game. :lol Locals papers, all available online of course are great. Generally daily reports of training camp, interviews with coaches/players etc. Was hoping the NO/SF total would fall to 35, but sitting with the half...:\

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. Miami and Atlanta both played starters well into the 2nd quarter, and seemingly weren't ever going to be pulled until they threw a long TD each...:wall Bit stiff in Washington tho I thought...Grossman goes 19/26 207...nearly 450 yards of offense (by Washington alone! :eek ) and they score 16?! :puke Anyway... SL v. Indi OVER 33.5 (1.91 @ Sportingbet) Sure, no Manning...and let's be honest, Painter and Orlovski both suck!!...BUT 1) SL are so thin @ CB they only had 3 on the practice field last session, and 1 of them was a Safety! Now, even if these 2 don't do much, Nate Davis has mop up duty, and he has a rocket, so I'm sure they'll be a late score or two against the 3rd/4th string D of SL. Rams went 4-0 over last year in pre-season...Bradford in a new system with a more vertical passing game... ...Lewis and Feeley can both handle this level, and it looks like the Rams are keen to evaluate WR's, so again, expecting a lot of ball to be in the air late to give these guys a chance. Should all lead to scores one way of the other. (Very surprised the Rams are -7 too! :unsure )

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. Bad night last night also. Green Bay Packers @ Cleveland Browns - Over 35.5 @ 1.90 (Bet 365) High total, but very achievable for these two teams here. Last pre-season both teams went over their totals in 6 of their 8 games (both unders in Week 4) including a game against each other in Week 1. Green Bay were in the White House yesterday meeting President Obama, which could act as a distraction, but also they practiced without 5 defensive starters, such as Charles Woodson and B. J. Raji who are likely to be rested today. With the Browns looking to get off positively with a new offensive strategy, facing a weakened GB defense will help them get on the board. Cleveland are also trying out a new defensive strategy meaning there is potential for mistakes for Green Bay's offense to exploit. Both teams are supposed to be playing their offensive first team in the first quarter at least so it will hopefully be a high scoring first quarter and game.

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. New York Giants @ Carolina Panthers - Under 32.5 @ 1.90 (Bet 365) The focus for this game is who will out perform the other quarterback for the Carolina Panthers - Jimmy Clausen or Cam Newton. Panthers were last in passing last year and Clausen is not a good QB and Newton will get his first feel of an NFL defense in this game. I feel there won't be much offense generated for Carolina. These two were Under in 6 out of 8 in their pre-season games last year but Carolina had particularly low scores at home with a 15-7 win over that Tennessee Titans and a 3-9 loss to the New York Jets. I hope this trend continues and I've picked the Under.

Re: NFLX Wk. 1. Just wish I could get one last piece of information out of NYG before game time... Coughlan has been saying all week that "3 of the 4 QB's will play"...but no names. If he goes with Eli, Carr, Sage the Giants win this game easily!! Concern is if he throws the rookie the ball to finish... ...but even then, you're right, the Panthers' QB's all suck, they have barely a fit receiver and their DB's are ordinary too. :\