Tennis - 8-15 August

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Two for me on opening day of Montreal. - Marin Cilic -4 games AH (v Andreas Seppi) @ 1.855 with Pinnacle flat stake Going to side with Cilic in this one. Came back into a bit form with a nice final appearance in Umag and back on his favoured hard court, I expect him to get the job done over Seppi fairly cosily. He beat the Italian in Umag 6-1 6-3, and despite their H2H reading 3-3, I think Cilic will prevail because Seppi's serve has been morose recently. It's weak and lets down his otherwise fairly solid ground game. Seppi was also on clay last week and will have had less time to adapt to quicker courts in North America. Cilic has shown signs of decent form recently and I expect him to take care of Seppi comfortably. - Alexandr Dolgopolov -5.5 games (v Erik Chvojka) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle flat stake Chovjka may have home advantage, but I don't see that helping him in this one. He's only just graduated from Future to Challenger level and I suspect Dolgopolov will be several levels above him. The Ukrainian is a difficult man to play at the best of times because he's so unorthodox. I reckon his slice, spin and power will be too much for the 24-year-old Canadian, who has performed decently in minor tournaments over the summer, but has capitulated against anyone decent (1-6 1-6 defeat to Tatsuma Ito, for example). Dolgopolov can play on hard, he reached the quarters in Australia, and has come back to the boil in winning Umag after a few months of poor form. Should be confident and ought to cover this sort of line.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Kevin Anderson vs Pablo Andujar. Under 21.5 games. 1.76 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Pablo Andujar hates hard courts and is here only to pick up the prize money which is huge even for the first round in Masters. Anderson destroyed him 6-2, 6-3 in Miami earlier this year and was never contested in that match. Anderson did not a face a break point and dropped just 7 points on his serve. Must be another demolition. Juan Martin Del Potro vs Jarkko Nieminen. Under 20.5 games. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Del Potro has hammered Nieminen all three times they've played and I can not see any other outcome this time either. Del Potro should be too strong for Nieminen who is not in great form at the moment and he is too passive for my liking against player like Del Potro. If the Argie doesn't mess around, should be result something like 3 and 2. Ivo Karlovic > Juan Monaco. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Dr. Ivo with poor form but playing Monaco on hard courts should feel just a little bit better for Karlovic. Monaco plays his best tennis on clay, yes, he has done some damage on hard courts but for me is too vulnerable on serve and if he gets broken there might no way back against player like Karlovic. Would take Ivo over Monaco any time in tie-breakers. 1.91 is decent enough offer to get involved in this one. Nadia Petrova -3.5 vs Jarmila Gajdosova. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Jarmila Gajdosova in terrible form and has lost her last two matches playing without any inspiration and motivation. Nadia Petrova is completely opposite story. She won a title in Washington couple weeks ago and looks like she's enjoying tennis again. Not sure Gajdosova will be in this match mentally. Petrova beat her 6-3, 6-2 in Seoul last year and on current form should get another easy win.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Hercog to bt Safarova @2,150 Pinnacle I am not quite sure why Hercog is underdog here. Perhaps because Lucka is slightly better ranked and is recognized to be more suited to hard than Polona. However, Lucka is just going through hard time of life, her breaking with Berdych being widely publicized in the media. It also has been a long time since she played a match (5 weeks ago she lost in R1 in Bastad against Dolonts), while Polona went through qualies in Toronto and thus has got some grip of the surface and place. In addition, Polona did beat Lucka 61 62 in their only meeting so far at French open last year, so there are reasons one could trust Polona to win this one. With odds above 2, Polona is the side to bet on. GL :hope

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August First bit of tennis action for me in a long while, so hopefully will return with a bit of success this week. Taking 3 today over in Montreal, then one involving the women in Toronto. Pablo Andujar vs Kevin Anderson- Anderson Under 12.5 Games- 5/6 Sportingbet- (5/10) Like the look of Anderson here and couldn't seem to find any decent prices on the handicap so opted for this instead. Basically it covers Anderson to win comfortably in two sets, say 6-4 6-4 or something. It also covers Anderson getting beat in two sets as well, but I do think big Kev will win this one with some ease, like he did earlier on in the year over in Miami. Andujar has been playing on clay for a couple of months now so I don't see him adjusting his game to match Anderson on the quicker courts so a straightforward win for the South African here for me, hopefully only winning 12 games in his victory. Bernard Tomic vs Yen-Hsen Lu- Tomic -2.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Looked and thought about this one and ended up backing the wonderkid from down under to win this one with the handicap. He hasn't played since his participation in the Davis Cup so he may be a little rusty at the start, but once he gets into his stride I do see him winning the majority of points. We saw earlier on in the year what he can do on the hard courts, beating Lopez and Chardy, whilst at Wimbledon he had chances against Djokovic in the quarters. Lu has been very average in recent weeks, and has lost to players he really should be beating. He actually lost in qualifying for this week to Yani very easily so I just feel Tomic, given his improvement and signs of major promise this year, will get past Lu, and should cover the handicap in doing so. One for the women as well then. Jarmila Gajdosova vs Nadia Petrova- Petrova -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Agree with Psycho on this one and I see Petrova continuing her good form in this one. She's in the best form she's been in for a while now, making the fourth round at Wimbledon, then winning the title over in Washington a couple of weeks back. She looks to be playing with confidence again and that should put her in good stead today. Gajdosova hasn't had a great deal of court time since Wimbledon, losing her past 2 matches quite easily. The Russian beat last year, only losing 5 games that day, and given her confidence that she should have from her first title of the season, I'm happy to back her with the handicap today.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August

Sport Tennis
Event Simona Halep vs Svetlana Kuznetsova
Selection Svetlana Kuznetsova (-4.5 games)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.83
Reasoning These two met back in Miami, USA in R64 on 24/03/2011 on the Hardcourt outdoors where Kuznetsova demolished Simona Halep with the score 6:0 6:4. Add to that the fact that Simona Halep played matches for the Canada qualifying yesterday and day before where as Kuznetsova has not played anything since 24/06/2011. In terms of freshness and all, I think Kuznetsova should win this games handicap pretty easily.

Sport Tennis
Event Pablo Andujar vs Kevin Anderson
Selection Under 21.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 08/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.73
Reasoning The last time these two met was on 27/3/2011 back in Miami, USA in round 32 where they played on Hardcourt outdoors. The match was very one sided which ended with Kevin Anderson winning in straight sets with the score 6:2 6:3. It would not suprise me to see something similar today as well.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Just a quick one from me for now, but likely to be back later with more Anderson vs Andujar - under 21.5 games 1.73 at Victor Chandler (4/10) Already been touched on but this should be a routine win for Anderson. Can't get anything decent on the handicap so will take this instead. These two met in Miami back in March in a match won by Anderson 6-2 6-3, and there should be a repeat of that today. Andujar is not much of a hard courter, rarely plays on this surface where as Anderson does alright on this surface and should be up to scratch having played 3 hard court events in the last month.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Sport Tennis Event Karlovic - Monaco Selection Karlovic -1.5(sets HC) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 08/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 3.05 Reasoning Karlovic: Ivo is one of the best server on the world, this is tall player and when serve working on good level can bea everyone on the world. Karlovic the best surface is hard court and in my opinion in this tournament can make nice run. Monaco: Monaco don't have any practice on hard courts, not played in last USA tournaments. The best surface for this player is clay court. Monaco sometimes have shaky serve games and this is chance for Karlovic.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August More from me; Del Potro vs Niemenem – under 20.5 games 1.91 at Victor Chandler (4/10) Think Del Potro will win easily here as he has in his previous two h2h’s against Niemenem, and the odds are better on the unders than the handicap so will take this option. Makarova vs Marino – over 20.5 games 1.91 at Victor Chandler (3/10) These are two very evenly matched opponents and I can see them playing out a tight match tonight. Makarova has a 2-0 H2H lead over Marino but this is a big opportunity for her in a home tournament, on the main court as the headline match and she will no doubt want to up her game to impress the home fans. Those 2 H2H had 20 games and 30 games so I think its realistic could go over the 20.5 line Jankovic vs Goerges - Jankovic -2.5 games 1.73 at Victor Chandler (3.5/10) Despite being close in the rankings I feel Jankovic is the better hard courter and hopefully that will show tonight. Jankovic has already had some success in hard court events this year and plenty other successes in the past. In the one h2h on hard Jankovic won by 6 games and she also won the other match on grass by this handicap as well. :hope

Kevin Anderson vs Pablo Andujar. Under 21.5 games. 1.76 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Pablo Andujar hates hard courts and is here only to pick up the prize money which is huge even for the first round in Masters. Anderson destroyed him 6-2, 6-3 in Miami earlier this year and was never contested in that match. Anderson did not a face a break point and dropped just 7 points on his serve. Must be another demolition. Juan Martin Del Potro vs Jarkko Nieminen. Under 20.5 games. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Del Potro has hammered Nieminen all three times they've played and I can not see any other outcome this time either. Del Potro should be too strong for Nieminen who is not in great form at the moment and he is too passive for my liking against player like Del Potro. If the Argie doesn't mess around, should be result something like 3 and 2. Ivo Karlovic > Juan Monaco. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Dr. Ivo with poor form but playing Monaco on hard courts should feel just a little bit better for Karlovic. Monaco plays his best tennis on clay, yes, he has done some damage on hard courts but for me is too vulnerable on serve and if he gets broken there might no way back against player like Karlovic. Would take Ivo over Monaco any time in tie-breakers. 1.91 is decent enough offer to get involved in this one. Nadia Petrova -3.5 vs Jarmila Gajdosova. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Jarmila Gajdosova in terrible form and has lost her last two matches playing without any inspiration and motivation. Nadia Petrova is completely opposite story. She won a title in Washington couple weeks ago and looks like she's enjoying tennis again. Not sure Gajdosova will be in this match mentally. Petrova beat her 6-3, 6-2 in Seoul last year and on current form should get another easy win.
First bit of tennis action for me in a long while, so hopefully will return with a bit of success this week. Taking 3 today over in Montreal, then one involving the women in Toronto. Pablo Andujar vs Kevin Anderson- Anderson Under 12.5 Games- 5/6 Sportingbet- (5/10) Like the look of Anderson here and couldn't seem to find any decent prices on the handicap so opted for this instead. Basically it covers Anderson to win comfortably in two sets, say 6-4 6-4 or something. It also covers Anderson getting beat in two sets as well, but I do think big Kev will win this one with some ease, like he did earlier on in the year over in Miami. Andujar has been playing on clay for a couple of months now so I don't see him adjusting his game to match Anderson on the quicker courts so a straightforward win for the South African here for me, hopefully only winning 12 games in his victory. Bernard Tomic vs Yen-Hsen Lu- Tomic -2.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Looked and thought about this one and ended up backing the wonderkid from down under to win this one with the handicap. He hasn't played since his participation in the Davis Cup so he may be a little rusty at the start, but once he gets into his stride I do see him winning the majority of points. We saw earlier on in the year what he can do on the hard courts, beating Lopez and Chardy, whilst at Wimbledon he had chances against Djokovic in the quarters. Lu has been very average in recent weeks, and has lost to players he really should be beating. He actually lost in qualifying for this week to Yani very easily so I just feel Tomic, given his improvement and signs of major promise this year, will get past Lu, and should cover the handicap in doing so. One for the women as well then. Jarmila Gajdosova vs Nadia Petrova- Petrova -3.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Agree with Psycho on this one and I see Petrova continuing her good form in this one. She's in the best form she's been in for a while now, making the fourth round at Wimbledon, then winning the title over in Washington a couple of weeks back. She looks to be playing with confidence again and that should put her in good stead today. Gajdosova hasn't had a great deal of court time since Wimbledon, losing her past 2 matches quite easily. The Russian beat last year, only losing 5 games that day, and given her confidence that she should have from her first title of the season, I'm happy to back her with the handicap today.
Good day at the office :notworthy:notworthy

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Great stuff again by Psycho and Fishy25, well done guys.

Anderson vs Andujar - under 21.5 games 1.73 at Victor Chandler (4/10) :ok Del Potro vs Niemenem – under 20.5 games 1.91 at Victor Chandler (4/10):ok Makarova vs Marino – over 20.5 games 1.91 at Victor Chandler (3/10) :ok Jankovic vs Goerges - Jankovic -2.5 games 1.73 at Victor Chandler (3.5/10) :\
3 out of 4 not bad at all, still miles off on the Jankovic match. +5.79 units for the day.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Quite a lot I fancy today, these are the first batch but may be back with more later in the day. Gasquet vs Mayer – over 21.5 games 1.85 at bwin (3/10) Think this one has a good chance of going overs. They played recently in a Davis cup match that went 5 sets with Gasquet coming back from 2-0 down to win. Because of that Gasquet will probably feel he has the upper hand and will be confident going into this one and I do personally feel he will proibably win. However having won 2 sets in that match Mayer has a great chance to nick a set here and take the match into 3 sets and so cover this overs line. Both a failry accomplished hard court players. Murray vs Anderson – Murray -5.5 games 2.38 at Paddy Power (4.5/10) Should be a routine win for Murray here as it was in there only one previous head to head. Murray has no problems against the big servers due to his excellent return game so will Andersons big serve will not worry him and he is far better than Anderson in every other aspect of his game. Murray showed good form on the hard courts during the recent Davis Cup ties, and he also won this event last year and will be motivated to do well again. Felt I could have gone higher, saw 6.0 being offered for a -7.5 handicap which is more than do-able but will stick to this I think. Pennetta vs Kirlenko – Pennetta to win 1.91 at Victor Chandler (3/10) Pennetta has won 4 on the bounce against Kirlenko all on hard courts so another win for her today shouldn’t be too difficult. Kirlenko also picked up an injury in Carlsbad last week forcing a withdrawal from that event so may not have trained all that much since. Serena Williams vs Bonderenko – under 17.5 games 1.80 at bwin (4/10) I worry for Bonderenko here, given Serena’s form last week in Standford crusing to victory and here evident desire to get back playing and moving up the rankings I foresee this a possibly a double bagel for Serena. In there two previous matches there have been 14 and 17 games, so likely to cover this games line again I feel. Dubois vs Woerle – over 19.5 games 1.78 at bwin (3.5/10) Should be a tight game this against to very evenly matched players. Dubois is on home turf and will be looking to make an impression whilst Woerle will be confident having dispatched two top 80 players in the qualifiers. The head to head is 1-1, and both of those games went over this games line. I can see both winning a set here, and taking the game into a 3rd set which should see this bet in. :hope

Kevin Anderson vs Pablo Andujar. Under 21.5 games. 1.76 @ Pinnacle (6/10) :ok Juan Martin Del Potro vs Jarkko Nieminen. Under 20.5 games. 1.93 @ Pinnacle (5/10) :ok Ivo Karlovic > Juan Monaco. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (4/10) :ok Nadia Petrova -3.5 vs Jarmila Gajdosova. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) :ok
Great start of the week. Needed one after horrible Friday.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Gilles Simon -3.5 vs Philipp Petzschner. 1.78 @ Bwin (5/10) Philipp Petzschner is in poor form. He had to play qualies here. Couple wins against amateur players like Monroe and Oulette. The most important piece of information out of those two matches is that serve was all over the place for the German. 50% in the first match and just 46% in the 2nd. Lots of double faults. If he plays like that against Simon, he will be badly beaten. Simon has got decent return game and can take advantage of poor serving. He has beaten Petzschner in both matches they've played and has covered this handicap on both occasions. Daniela Hantuchova vs Gisela Dulko. Agnieszka Radwanska. 5.30 @ Pinnacle (3/10) On paper this looks like an easy win for Radwanska but I'm not that sure. She just won a title, has to play two days later. Besides she's got shoulder injury and that is a problem in terms of serving. Vesnina in horrible form but she's got the tennis to beat Radwanska. Vesina is heavy hitter, goes for her shots, misses a lot but when she's on, she's very good. Counting here on few things: Radwanska not fully focused, a bit fatigued and still injured.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August -2.7pts after 1 loss and 1 win yesterday.

Sport Tennis
Event Philipp Petzschner vs Gilles Simon
Selection Gilles Simon -3.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 09/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.78
Reasoning These two have met once before on 14/07/2009 in Stuggart, Germany in R32. Simon Gilles won that match convincingly in straight sets with the score of 3:6 4:6. He covered this handicap back then and he should be able to do so again this time around. Also Gilles Simon is the fresher of the two based on when they last played a match.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Good day yesterday with all 3 bets coming in. +11.49 overall for the week, and hopefully will build on that. Not bothering to look at anything today as it's my birthday, but will probably be back tomorrow. GL to all today. :ok

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Ok, final one for me today Hantuchova vs Dulko - Hantuchova -5.5 games 1.80 at bet365 (3.5/10) Hantuchova has won the last 4 against Dulko, 3 of them on hard and all 4 off them beating this handicap. Given how well each of these ladies are playing you have to suspect something similar. :hope

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Sport Tennis Event Kohlschreiber - Stakhovsky Selection Kohlschreiber -1.5(SetsHC)(Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 09/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.50 Reasoning Kohlschreiber: Phillip is very good hard courter, nice from the baseline, very strong, stable serve and nice footwork. Have better skills than Sergiy, any doubts in this. Kohlschreiber in last season here played very good tournament, go to the QF. Stakhovsky: Sergqiy is totally out of form in last weekends, losing against everyone, always in first rounds. Very bad match up for first hard court tournament for him. I don't see too many chances for this guy against Kohli Sport Tennis Event Errani - Medina Garigues Selection Errani -1.5(Sets HC) (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 09/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.51 Reasoning Errani: Errani can play very good at hard courts, in alst weekend played in Carlsbad and made QF, beat Mirza nad King ins triaght sets, lost after very close macth against Peng. Good form. Medina Garrigues: Medina is typicall claycouter, not feel good at hard courts, first tournament on this surface afteer clay season, I see problems for this girl today.

Sport Tennis
Event Radek Stepanek v Feliciano Lopez
Selection Radek Stepanek
Strength 10/10
Date 09/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00
Reasoning Stepanek has a 8-1 head to head advantage over the Lopez. Just based on the head to head stats, it is clear Lopez cannot cope with Stepanek. Add to the fact that the last time Lopez played on hard court was back during March whereas Stepanek has played on hardcourt more recently, I will side with Radek Stepanek to win here in this match.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Event Baghdatis - Inser Selection Inser to win Strength 8/10 Date 09/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.50 Reasoning ATP Montreal Baghdatis is far away from his best days and I may say he doesnt deserve his current position in ATP. He is losing lately from much weaker sides, hee seems slower and I dont like his movement on the court. In the same time Inser is performing great in USA and Canada ATP tournaments and I expect him to continue with his great performance. He is currently #28 in ATP and I rate him with class above Baghdatis. In their last meeting Inser won comfortably with 2:0 sets

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Sport Tennis Event Wozniak - Peer Selection Wozniak Strength 10/10 Date 10/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75 Reasoning Wozniak: Aleksandra is very gifted player, in past been TOP20 player, but have injury problems. In this season backing to good form, in last weekend won Challanger on hard surface, must feel confident. Play at home, big support from the crowd! Peer: Peer two weeks ago go to the final at Washington courts, make many points for the ranking. In last year here lost in first round and don't must feel very motivated, not defending points.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August i layed 2-1 win for Isner against Markos @ 4,1 in bf most logically Isner will win this, but my idea for both of them is that they cannot return from a losing set they re both not so well mentally strong that s why they will not be top 5 players though they have the skills i m not an expert so forgive me if i m writing bshit my main purpose is to watch the game with increased interest not to make money very low stakes

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Playing couple more today... Serena Williams vs Alona Bondarenko. 18.5 games. 1.73 @ Nordicbet (5/10) 18.5 games, seriously? Not buying this nonsense. Djokovic has lost just once this year but he has not played since Wimbledon (apart from Davis Cup) and this will be his first match as number one. Will be interesting to see. Davydenko can throw away matches to lesser opponents but when it comes to playing big guns, he's up for the challenge. Djokovic has never beaten him on outdoors hard courts. They have played on this surface just one alright but still. Out of five matches they've contested only one has finished in straight sets and that one had 19 games. Djokovic might be on different planet this year but 18.5 games still is too short, especially against plahyer like Davy.

Re: Tennis - 8-15 August Sport Tennis Event Dodig - Nadal Selection Dodig +6.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 10/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning Dodig: Dodig is big server, who feel good on the hard courts. In this year show great skills on AO against Djokovic. Here in first round played against French Player Chardy and won in two sets. Won 75% balls on serve, 11 aces. Nadal: This is first match for Rafal here, can not be easy. Rafael not played in last time and don't have match practice. Players like Dodig are not good to play in first rounds. Sport Tennis Event Petrova - Zvonareva Selection Petrova +3 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 10/08/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.03 Reasoning Petrova: Nadia is in big form, two weeks ago won tournament in Washington. Take one week break and is fresh and motivated for next great run. In first round here beat good Gajdosova after very good match in straights. Serving very well. Zvonareva: Vera in sunday played Final in Carlsbad, lost against Radwanska in two sets. Vera in my opinion can be tired. Next problem - have negative H2H with Petrova - 2:5.