** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

A.I. Football ~ 27% yield

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: A.I. Football Notts C spoil the day but Toon leave it late to get the draw

Notts C v Carlisle (x) @ 3.4 Skybet....... lost Toon v Mackems (x) @ 3.4 Skybet........ won staked 20 returned 34

overall staked 630

lost 41 won 22 return 754

profit 124

yield 19.68% :ok

Re: A.I. Football I dont realy devote myself to one club as I tend to support whichever club I have money on at that particular moment. But if pushed I suppose it would be red as all my of my friends are reds apart from 1 who supports West Brom so most of the football conversation revolves around utd,but I do like the way Spurs and Arsenal play.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: A.I. Football last 4 all lost :eyes

overall staked 790 lost 53 won 26 return 894 profit 104

yield 13.16% ------------------------------------------- 3 draws for today Carlisle v Scunthorpe 3.6 Corals Accrington v Hereford 3.5 Corals Grimsby v Gateshead 3.6 Betvictor 3 x 10pt singles :ok

Re: A.I. Football

7 draws for the weekend Aldershot v Dag & Red 3.4 @

>Boylesports

West Brom v Qpr 3.4 @ >Boylesports Rochdale v Exeter 3.4 @ boylesport Brentford v Notts C 3.4 @ >Boylesports Wycombe v Oldham 3.5 @ >B365 Torquay v Southend 3.5 @ Lads Stockport v Braintree 3.6 >B365

Not a bad a day at the office yesterday with 5 from 7 :p

Aldershot v Dag & Red 3.4 won Brentford v Notts C 3.4 won Wycombe v Oldham 3.5 won Torquay v Southend 3.5 won Stockport v Braintree 3.6 won Staked 70 Returned 173 profit 103 overall staked 890 lost 57 won 32 return 1103 profit 213 yield 23.93%

Re: A.I. Football Been watching your AI soccer thread with interest. I had thought of trying it out myself but it appeared to be a lot of work with a doubtful outcome although you seem to have cracked it. The secret of course is the info. you feed into it. I presume you put in results ,goals , prices etc. ,the standard stuff. Is there any other info. that appears relevant that is outside the usual info. we all use.

Re: A.I. Football

The secret of course is the info. you feed into it. I presume you put in results ,goals , prices etc. ,the standard stuff. Is there any other info. that appears relevant that is outside the usual info. we all use.
Hi methuselah Quite the contrary I only use 1 variable....... 'ODDS' They say 98% of punters lose and why is that? Because as you say they are all using the 'standard stuff' (past data) and making there ratings doing the same regression graph or trying to find win %ages through poisson distribution,form reading etc etc. Why should a collection of past results have any bearing on present results, 'you walk the same path you end up in the same place', It didnt work years ago so why would it start to work now, yet you still see thread after thread trying it,with most reaching the same inevitable conclusion. The only thing you know that is 100% nailed on in advance before any event are the 'ODDS' on offer, all the works been done for you by the bookies. Its not the 'holy grail' nothing is but I personally find using the actual odds as a datum and looking for outliers gets me closer to that elusive profit than inventing odds using rating/poisson %ages,or form reading. Plus Im a lazy punter so I have automate everything so I only have to click a mouse,no boring form reading,multiple data collecting etc... simple is good :lol I may be wrong but I believe Slapdash uses a similar method in his BOG trotting threads, using the betfair market as a datum to pinpoint possible outliers in the BOG markets, and to a point Aidymac using W.O.M (weight of money) as his datum to pinpoint possible mistakes in the market (though Im not a fan of W.O.M as it can be misleading as small amounts of money can have a massive impact on the odds in weak markets) If thats the case then there does seem to be more mileage in this type of approach than the ratings/poisson form reading etc. Cue Irate ratings,poisson, form reading value punters demanding Im hung drawn and quartered then burnt as a heretic :lol :ok