** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > 2-3 August

Re: UEFA Champions League > 2-3 August

Event Slovan - APOEL
Selection APOEL
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.90
Reasoning On the first leg, Slovan was dominated by APOEL. They enter well but they couldn't make nothing during the follow of the game. APOEL was unlucky as they could perfectly do the 2-0 and solve the question. I am seeing now APOEL ending the work at Bratislava witha very nice odd. They know that if they keep playing their football they will solve the question soon. Slovan is not a great team and facing similar opponent value they use to face many problems. They have no quality to play a Champions League. I think they also lack some experience in this kind of games and if they decide to pressure APOEL, they can concede a goal with his poor defense. APOEL has football and value enough to win at Bratislava, with quality Brazilians. And they also use to make the difference in set pieces, being very dangerous on free kicks. Away win is my choice here.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Trabzonspor - Benfica
Selection Benfica
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.10
Reasoning Benfica will try to confirm his passport to the Champions League winning again against a poor Trabzonspor. They did it on the first leg by 2-0. At Estadio da Luz, the Spanish Nolito and the Argentinian Nico Gaitan put the Portuguese team on advantage in the round and Benfica only lost a 2-0 first leg advantage on European Competitions one time, in 1970, against Vorwaerts, from West Germany. Beside the two goals advantage, Benfica has the advantage of Trabzonspor play this game in Istanbul, more than 1000km far from his natural habitat, as the Trabzonspor stadium is with the Youth Olimpic Games. To this game in Turkey, the coach Jorge Jesus still can't count with Enzo Perez, who got uinjured on the first leg. Witsel playing on Aimar place can be the only change in Benfica's team for todays game. I think Benfica can achieve another win today. They don't know to play defensively and i am confident on their superiority.

Like many views on this game, I think that there will be a cagey start. McCoist said earlier that they have to score, but that doesn't have to happen in the first 5-10 mins. So I expect Rangers to be quite cautious to start with, as they certainly don't want to go further behind in the tie. It's impossible to be sure how Malmo will approach this, but I certainly don't envisage them being gung-ho to begin with. So I don't expect an early goal, and will take the time of the first goal after 26min with Paddy Power. Blue Square and Bet365 have this set at 32min. 2pt Time of First Goal after 26th min @1/1 Paddypower GL all
0-1 24th min :sad Thought the red card would mean I was home and dry, but sadly not. Oh well

0-1 24th min :sad Thought the red card would mean I was home and dry, but sadly not. Oh well
Harsh. It was a very well taken goal, but 2 minutes away from glory is unlucky. I think that my first bet, with the performance points, is probably almost already there. I can't see it winning, I need Rangers to get less than 8 points in the next 60 minutes of play. :lol

Event Partizan - Genk
Selection Partizan
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.00
Reasoning Belgian league is very weak at the present and we are used to see a strong Genk there, but watching the first leg, Partizan responded vert well to them, even if the game was played in Belgium. I also think that Genk has no experience to lead with a hot game like this will be at Belgrade. The odd for home win here is very good as i see partizan much better quality side than Genk. Partizan is also more experienced and playing at home i think they can perfectly manage the game until they get the desired goal that will equalize the round. Home win is my choice here.

Rubin Kazan V Dynamo Kiev - Dynamo Kiev DNB at 1.9 on bet365.com Going for low stakes with this one. Kazan lost 3 0 at home to Anzhi at the weekend. Rubins manager has stated on the club's official website that there are 2 players out with injury but he does not want to disclose their names. Could that have something to do with the defeat at home? Dynamo Kiev had a draw at the weekend against an average Ukrainian Premier League team, this could suggest that they were concentrating heavily on this Champions League qualifying fixture. Without a doubt Dynamo Kiev wont give up without a fight in Russia and in my eyes could snatch a win, as they will no doubt be hungry for revenge. Going for low stakes with this one due to the fact that Rubins 2 injured players are unnamed and that could be a make or break factor for the game.
FT: Rubin Kazan 2 Dynamo Kiev 1 I saw most of this game online. Dynamo Kiev attacked but they lacked pace and invention against a good Rubin team who out-ran and out-fought them and took advantage of two of their own chances. All Dynamo could get was a last minute consolation goal.

Wisla-Litex Wisla -0,5 @ 1,80 (bet365) Now the abovementined Wisla on the agenda. I will play them for three reasons. 1st - they have a 2-1 advantage from the first leg which allow them to sit back and wait what Litex will do and strike from counter atack - very important for Polish teams :lol 2nd - they know what only counts for the owner, for fans and for coach Maaskant - success in Europe. Last years whole Poland laughed at their expence after they were beaten by some "giants" of footbal from Karabach Agdam or Skonto Riga. Now it all points out that the tide will change because ... 3rd - ... they have aquired some really talented new players like Melikson or Ileev. Finally they have stopped to overpay shitty veterans like Zurawski and invested in a good coach and good scout. And it pays off. Litex is nothing special and certainly within Wisla's reach.
Wisla Krakow 3 Litex Lovech 1 I saw most of this game. Wisla Krakow probably would have won here without the referee's help, but they got some when he gave a very soft penalty and sent the Litex captain off for a tiny retaliatory kick after a foul. But LItex didn't do anywhere near enough and were bullied off the ball far too easily by a physical Wisla defence, and the Wisla attack was always a threat.

Wisla Krakow v Litex Lovetch Litex+0.5 @2.00 with Bet365 The first game between these two teams was a nice illustration of the rule that football is a game of goals rather than opportunities created. Wisla had two chances for the whole game and didn't miss to score them both. On the other side Litex created much but their shots were either going wide or being saved by the Polish goalie, two of the shots hit the post. And that's not everything, regular goal for Litex (in my opinion) was disallowed in the late minutes of the game. Some would call that a lucky win for Wisla, others will say that Litex lacks some skills in front of the goal but as I already stated only the goals scored matter in the end of the day. I don't know much about the polish team but let me share my observations from the first leg. The only Wisla player that impressed me was their Israeli midfielder Melikson who scored their second goal and assisted for the first if I remember right. THeir left defender was completely lost against Tom's raids on the wing and often needed the help of one or two of his teammates to stop the talented brazilian. Wisla's central defenders are strong and tall enough to reflect crosses and win physical battles in the box but do struggle a lot against passey players like Tom and Momchil Tsvetanov. Litex rested almost their whole first choice squad during the weekend and recorded expected defeat against CSKA Sofia in the Bulgarian Super Cup final. I am sure their coach Luboslav Penev (former topscorer of Valencia, Athletico Madrid and Celta) will set an offensive line-up for the 2nd leg. This of course might open some counter attacking chances for the hosts but I believe if bulgarians do not repeat the foolish mistakes in defence, they are capable to achieve at least a draw here.
Bet Lost

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Partizan Belgrade vs Genk
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.85
Reasoning Both of these teams have had over 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 6 matches played. In the first leg Genk won with the scoreline 2-1. Seeing how the home team will not sit back throughout this game and will go on the attack, I feel that Genk have a good chance to score a few goals on the counter attack. On the whole I see this game having a lot of goals in it.
Event NK Maribor vs Maccabi Haifa
Selection Over 2.5 Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.05
Reasoning Maribor's last 5 out of 6 games have gone over 2.5 goals whereas Haifa's last 4 out of 6 games have gone over 2.5 goals. In the first leg, Haifa beat Maribor 2-1. Given how the last encounter between these two teams ended with over 2.5 goals and the fact that both of these teams have a tendency to score a lot, I feel that this game will have 3 or more goals in them.
Event FC Vaslui vs FC Twente
Selection FC Twente
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning FC Twente won the first leg 2-0 at home. I watched the first leg and was not impressed at all with how Vaslui performed and if FC Twente perform in the same way that they did at home in the first leg, I see them winning this fixture. Where I see FC Twente winning this match will be on the counter attack. FC Vaslui will have no choice but to go for the attack seeing how they are already two goals down from the first leg. I feel FC Twente should be able to capitalize on this and score. Furthermore I was impressed with the way they played against Ajax 4 days ago where they won 2-1 as well. All things said, I feel that this bet has great value for a FC Twente win.
Event Trabzonspor vs Benfica
Selection Benfica
Strength 10/10
Date 03/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.20
Reasoning In the first leg Benfica won 2-0 at home and I think Trabzonspor had 2 goals ruled offside during the game. Based on the stats and highlights that I have watched of the game, I feel that Trabzonspor did not play that badly and were unlucky to have one of their goals ruled offside. Nevertheless Trabzonspor are a strong side having finished second in their league last season. I feel that the late goal that they conceded in the first leg may have pulled this fixture in favor of Benfica seeing how they have the players to exploit the gaps in Trabzonspor's defence when they go on the attack. I cannot see how Trabzonspor can sit back in this game despite being a defense-orientated team seeing how they are in need of at least 2 goals. With Benfica likely to keep the same squad I see this fixture ending with Benfica winning it. I also see Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 bet365 or 2.00 bodog as a really good bet seeing how both teams are capable of scoring and how the home team will be on the attack right from the beginning.
All 4 bets lost :puke Sorry to anyone that followed :$

Wisla-Litex Wisla -0,5 @ 1,80 (bet365) Malmoe - Rangers Malmoe dnb @ 2,20 (Bet365)
Money back on Malmoe (haven't seen the game but 3 red cards :eek must have been interesting one :lol) and a :cow on Wisla. Just to give you my comment for next stage - I'm happy that Wisla advanced but it is brutal how much they depend on Melikson now. 90% of any threat upfront comes from him, especially in passing the ball. Litex hasn't been a serious hurdle today but if Wisla's next opponent will find a way to shut down Melikson, Wisla will be toothless.

Trabzonspor v Benfica This match will be played in İstanbul because Trabzonspor’s Hüseyin Avni Aker Stadium has just hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the European Youth Olympic Festival, I was fairly vocal of my support for Benfica in the home leg, which they won 2-0. They should have won about 4-0 but were rusty in front of goal and it's never easy to play against a side with 10 men behind the ball. As I discussed last week there are a few transfers to consider on both sides, only one side played like they knew each other though, Trabz have had numerous changes since last year; The new arrivals include: Didier Zokora from Sevilla, Adrian Mierzejewski from Polonia Warsaw, Sercan Kaya from relegated Bucaspor, Eren Albayrak from Bursaspor, Aykut Akgün from Karşıyaka and Barış Özbek from Galatasaray, as well as strikers Paulo Henrique from Westerlo, Halil Altıntop from Eintracht Frankfurt; and defender Ondrej Celustka of Slavia Prague. Departures include: Midfielders Selçuk İnan and Ceyhun Gülselam to Galatasaray and Jaja to Al Ahli, defender Egemen Korkmaz to Beşiktaş and lanky striker Umut Bulut to Toulouse. They looked disjointed and a poor side, Zakora must have been wondering what the hell he has let himself in for, they had a couple of chances on the break but Benfica were playing quite high up the pitch and I guess it was inevitable. As I mentioned they are playing at another stadium and do not have the ferocious supporters Turkish clubs are often known for, they have sold only 20,000 tickets so far for a stadium that can hold 80,000. They obviously have to attack in this game but I am not convinced by over 2.5 goals although it is logical that it turns out this way, I'm mindful of it being an away game for both sides and if Benfica sit back more than in the first leg I'm not overly confident Trabz can break though. Benfica will benefit from the extra space they will have receive, I won't go into detail about them from an attacking viewpoint as I did this last week, newcomer Nolito who I thought would start played well when he came on, scoring the opening goal and should hopefully start tonight after impressing..Benfica won't be defensive, they rarely are and with players like Aimar, Cordoza, Saviola in their ranks they carry plenty of attacking threat. There is a fair disparity of quality between the two sides and with what I saw last week it might well benefit Benfica playing away. The price isn't brilliant but I'm happy to have the draw cover.. Benfica DNB - 1.57 - Stan James - 2.5 points PUSH Alreadt stated my feelings on the Malmo v Rangers game earlier in the thread and took Malmo DNB yesterday.. Malmo DNB - 2.2 - Coral - 2.5 points PUSH
Well, that was a bit of a waste of time..:lol

I like the way the crow flies on these ;) Think most of tonight's games will go over 2.5, and odds on this should be shorter than they are, so there is value in backing overs on most games.
Well I guess this prediction was a terrible one - 9 of the 12 games were over 2.5 goals, the rest were under :loon