** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dutch Super Cup: Ajax – FC-Twente

Dutch Super Cup: Ajax – FC-Twente supercup.jpg Pre-season. Ajax trashed Independiente with 5-1, but I would not attach too much importance to it because Independiente was playing with a C/B-Team. Before that Ajax played many friendlies against mediocre teams. The results were not very impressing and they used these matches mostly to test young players. Ajax have thus not faced a though opposition yet. FC-Twente on the other hand did get some good results against equal teams. They beat Gent 1-3, Fenerbahce 3-4(after leading 0-4) and Galatasaray 0-1. Players - Ajax Important transfers for Ajax were Sigthorsson, Janssen and Thulani. Last season Sigthorsson scored 15 goals in 32 matches ( 1 per 119 minutes). He got the number nine. He is strong, 1.90 tall and got some pace. The Janssen was perhaps the best player of the Dutch Eredivision last season. He left boot is of pure gold. His passing skills and free-kick are of a similar quality as Robin Persie his passes and free-kicks. :cheers In addition to that he gives the Ajax squad something they lacked: Experience, determination, leadership and what we call in Dutch: “An over my death body mentality. Thulani made a decent impression in the pre-season. Players – FC-Twente Berghuis came from the youth team. The first impression that I got of him is that he is a hot prospect. Bryan Ruiz and Willem Janssen are still doubtful. Any value on the Twente team depends on whether they could play. Willem Janssen is the replacement for Theo Janssen. With his off the ball runs he makes a midfield very dynamic. Necer Chadli is injured. Playing Mentality Both teams have a similar playing mentality. They like to play an offensive game, held ball possession, have good positioning and passing. With players like Eriksen and Janssen Ajax can play their traditional 4-3-3 game (4-1-2-3) with two creative midfielders. FC-Twente is led by a new trainer whom I rate very highly, named Co Adriaanse, also called Psycho Co. ;) As a manager he achieved Champions League football with Willem II, a team that normally fights against relegation. With AZ he reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup and With Porto he won the double while sometimes playing with a 3-3-4 formation. Venue The matched is played in the stadium of Ajax. However if I am correct officially it is a neutral venue and Twente supporters should get an equal amount of tickets. Picks With Ruiz and Janssen I believe there is a little value on Twente +0.75 for 2.09 @ Pinnacle Sports / +1 for 1.80 @ Pinnacle Sports. With the playing mentality of both teams we can expect an over which is available for 1.85 @ SBOBET. 4 out 5 last mutual confrontations ended in an over. PS Traditionally I am a little bit of an Ajax fan. :gimme

Re: Dutch Super Cup: Ajax – FC-Twente

Do you think Twente will rest players for the trip to Romania? :unsure
No, I do not think they will do that. Update: Bryan Ruiz is reported to be match fit. Jan Vertonghen is injured and Stekelenburg is in Rome for a medical evaluation.

Dutch Super Cup: Ajax – FC-Twente supercup.jpg Pre-season. Ajax trashed Independiente with 5-1, but I would not attach too much importance to it because Independiente was playing with a C/B-Team. Before that Ajax played many friendlies against mediocre teams. The results were not very impressing and they used these matches mostly to test young players. Ajax have thus not faced a though opposition yet. FC-Twente on the other hand did get some good results against equal teams. They beat Gent 1-3, Fenerbahce 3-4(after leading 0-4) and Galatasaray 0-1. Players - Ajax Important transfers for Ajax were Sigthorsson, Janssen and Thulani. Last season Sigthorsson scored 15 goals in 32 matches ( 1 per 119 minutes). He got the number nine. He is strong, 1.90 tall and got some pace. The Janssen was perhaps the best player of the Dutch Eredivision last season. He left boot is of pure gold. His passing skills and free-kick are of a similar quality as Robin Persie his passes and free-kicks. :cheers In addition to that he gives the Ajax squad something they lacked: Experience, determination, leadership and what we call in Dutch: “An over my death body mentality. Thulani made a decent impression in the pre-season. Players – FC-Twente Berghuis came from the youth team. The first impression that I got of him is that he is a hot prospect. Bryan Ruiz and Willem Janssen are still doubtful. Any value on the Twente team depends on whether they could play. Willem Janssen is the replacement for Theo Janssen. With his off the ball runs he makes a midfield very dynamic. Necer Chadli is injured. Playing Mentality Both teams have a similar playing mentality. They like to play an offensive game, held ball possession, have good positioning and passing. With players like Eriksen and Janssen Ajax can play their traditional 4-3-3 game (4-1-2-3) with two creative midfielders. FC-Twente is led by a new trainer whom I rate very highly, named Co Adriaanse, also called Psycho Co. ;) As a manager he achieved Champions League football with Willem II, a team that normally fights against relegation. With AZ he reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup and With Porto he won the double while sometimes playing with a 3-3-4 formation. Venue The matched is played in the stadium of Ajax. However if I am correct officially it is a neutral venue and Twente supporters should get an equal amount of tickets. Picks With Ruiz and Janssen I believe there is a little value on Twente +0.75 for 2.09 @ Pinnacle Sports / +1 for 1.80 @ Pinnacle Sports. With the playing mentality of both teams we can expect an over which is available for 1.85 @ SBOBET. 4 out 5 last mutual confrontations ended in an over. PS Traditionally I am a little bit of an Ajax fan. :gimme
I haven't seen Twente pre-season, but have seen Ajax and been impressed. I expect Ajax to win here, but they are short odds, so may be more value in 'overs' goals.

I haven't seen Twente pre-season' date=' but have seen Ajax and been impressed. I expect Ajax to win here, but they are short odds, so may be more value in 'overs' goals.[/quote'] I can see your point of view. Ooijer wil replace Vertonghen and Vermeer wil replace Stekelenburg. Both replacements are one or two classes below the regular players and this favours an over. This match reminds me of the Super Cup match Shakhtar - Kiev. Ajax just as Shakhtar has (slightly) better quality than Twente. The odds suggest that it is a home match, but this is only a half truth. Which matches of Ajax did you see?

Re: Dutch Super Cup: Ajax – FC-Twente Last three times these teams met score's been over 3.5 and match before these was when they met in last seasons super cup which finished 1-0 to Twente. Not hugely relevant but there you go. Goodluck everyone!

Re: Dutch Super Cup: Ajax – FC-Twente Ajax 1 Twente 2 Well I don't know how Twente won that. From what brief parts I saw, it was nearly all Ajax. Twente lead at half time then Ajax equalised early in the second half and Twente had a man sent off, but Twente somehow went on to win. I can only guess that Twente raised their game after going down to 10 men. Did anyone see the game? Thoughts?

Which matches of Ajax did you see?
Mainly the 3-0 friendly win away at Brondby. Another as well, I think - can't remember exactly. But followed the progress of the 5-1 win over Independiente too.

Did anyone see the game? Thoughts?
I have not seen the match myself because I had other obligations. Most comments on Dutch websites suggest that Ajax was the dominant team during the match. However, I have seen very few comments that claim that the FC Twente win was undeserved. It must have been a close call.