Glorious Goodwood

Re: Glorious Goodwood

Well professor if we all stopped backing jockeys that we had criticised in the past' date=' we wouldn't have anyone to bet on, would we now.[/quote'] I don't trust Fallon and thus I have never put money on him once ever. But to say that you have no idea why people employ him on their horses because he is so bad and then back him makes no sense to me

I don't trust Fallon and thus I have never put money on him once ever. But to say that you have no idea why people employ him on their horses because he is so bad and then back him makes no sense to me
OK, fair point, however do you implicitly trust every other jockey you wager on?

OK' date=' fair point, however do you implicitly trust every other jockey you wager on?[/quote'] on the subject of Jockeys, think its all about opinions as when Dettori rides a certain horse you know that the chances of the horse will be enhanced and the price of said horse will be shorter

Re: Glorious Goodwood A couple of shorter write-ups for later: 3.15 Goodwood - 0.5pts e/w Blue Bajan @ 20/1 (Bet365) - BOG I know he's got to give weight away, but he still seems a huge price on what he's achieved this year. He's rated 111 but I'm not sure that's really what he should be - I think he's probably worth a few more pounds than that. When you consider Montaff is only 5lbs lower in the handicap and got easily beaten by Blue Bajan this year, I think he's probably a little bit better and if his OR read 115 for example, there would be less made of the penalty I reckon. He returned with an excellent effort in the Chester Cup after a long absence before chasing home Duncan at York before winning easily at Sandown. The trip over a more galloping track like Ascot probably caught him out in the Gold Cup, and I think he might just put in a decent effort today. He's never run at Goodwood before but is 1-1 at Epsom and that bodes well for his first attempt at the course. 3.45 Goodwood - 1pt e/w Motrice @ 12/1 (Bet365) - BOG It will be tough to beat Wild Coco, but back on better ground I think Motrice is capable of putting in a big effort. I am slightly concerned about the course, but she put in a decent effort in this race last year when 3rd, and was hugely progressive in general last year once her stamina was tested. She won 3 in a row in great style before coming to the Glorious meeting and placed in both efforts after her run in this last year. Once a very good 3rd to Samuel and then chased home Tastahil on unsuited softer ground. She was bound to need the run in the Gold Cup last year, as well as the ground being on the soft side, but she ran a very sound race as if still retaining all of her ability to finish 9th of 15 behind Fame And Glory. Back down to this trip and quicker ground as well as that run under her belt, I think she'll run well if coping better with the track, which probably cost her a bit of distance in this race last year.