** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: England vs India Test Series

kevshat

The main event of the international summer begins next week when England host India in a 4 match test series which begins next Thursday. India's tour begins in Somerset tomorrow though so the build up for this series will begin in earnest then, especially with Strauss showing up for Somerset. The whole series is live on Sky in the UK so there should be loads of betting opportunities around for this series which in some ways is bigger than The Ashes as the number one spot is up for grabs. That's how it will be marketed anyway even though I'm not having any of it. Both have just played 3 match test series so this should be a belter. Schedule:

Fri Jul 15 - Sun Jul 17 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST Somerset v Indians County Ground, Taunton 11.png 13 - 18° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Thu Jul 21 - Mon Jul 25 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST 1st Test - England v India Lord's, London
N/A
Fri Jul 29 - Tue Aug 2 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST 2nd Test - England v India Trent Bridge, Nottingham
N/A
Fri Aug 5 - Sat Aug 6 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST Northamptonshire v Indians County Ground, Northampton
N/A
Wed Aug 10 - Sun Aug 14 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST 3rd Test - England v India Edgbaston, Birmingham
N/A
Thu Aug 18 - Mon Aug 22 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 11:00 BST 4th Test - England v India Kennington Oval, London
N/A
Some excellent cash has been made on the international summer already and I'm sure that will continue in big numbers in this series too. Fire away gentlemen :ok.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Can't wait for this series to start, fingers crossed we get better weather than the Sri Lanka tests. 5pts - England v India - Top England series run scorer A Cook @ 4.33 Betfred Cook has been on fire for England in the test arena and has looked their most dependable batsmen for some time now. IMO he is quite rightly the favourite to be top scorer here but I am more than happy to back him. The main reason I am taking him here though is because of his performance in leading England to the ODI series win. He answered many of his critics (me included) in that form of the game and showed that he has really worked on his batting. The man must be walking on air in terms of confidence right now, and this added to the determination he has shown in the test arena make him a very strong favourite for me. I do have a slight worry about him facing the new ball bowling attack and no doubt he will have some testing times. However I think he is playing so well he can get through the tricky spells and then cash in by playing through the innings and getting the big scores that England require. I think it’s a fair price and I’m more than happy to have a medium stakes bet on this.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series The glut of limited overs cricket over the winter was amazing and painful at the same time. The past two months have seen me take a much-needed hiatus from all forms of betting, however I see no better time to return than this forthcoming Test Series which I absolutely cannot wait for. Not going too crazy with the outrights. England are a very, very tempting price to win the series at 7/5 however the quality that India possess with their batting in particular is too much of deterrent. One to begin with that immediately caught my eye. - 2pts ew Top India Series Batsman: VVS Laxman @ 6/1 (1/4, 3 places) [Coral] It's difficult to ignore 'The Artist' in any top series bets when India are in town and at this price I think this has to be done. Easily one of the best batsman to wield the willow of this generation and in the last four years he has arguably got better. Now immediately one may be cautious. England are the only country that VVS has not scored a hundred against and they are also the only country that he averages under 35 against too. However, one can dispel those stats when you look at his record when playing in England. The brilliant statsguru at cricinfo informs us that he has an average of just under 44.88 in our beautiful country and has seven scores of 39 or above in his eleven innings here. Since July 2007 he has scored 3268 runs at an average of over 57.00 (statistically the most fruitful period of his career) and coming in at #5 in this India line-up means he will avoid the swinging ball early up from England's strike bowlers which is what many experts claim will be India's toughest challenge. Alot has been made of the lack of height in this India team coupled with the bounce that can be generated from Anderson/Tremlett and Broad but I think that is a minor. When you can play strokes like Artist can it's not really a problem. It wouldn't be a surprise to see someone else take the Top spot in this market but at better just better than even money for a place is something I'm more than willing to get involved with.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Time to hit this eagerly anticpated series. 1pt ew - Top India Batsman: Suresh Raina - 16/1 (1,2,3 1/4) Coral This would have been a crazy bet 6-12 months ago and some may still consider it to be but at this price it is a worth a play. Everybody knows he is vulnerable to the short ball but I think he has worked on that which he displayed in the Caribbean. He was in good form there making a couple of 50+ scores and was unlucky to be given out on a few occasions. He is an ideal number 6 given the nature of his game, when the opposition takes early wickets, he can counter attack and I can see India being in trouble on a few occasions in this series so there will be chances for him to play his natural game with the lower order. India has many challengers for this bet including Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and Gambhir but I feel that Dravid is vulnerable so Raina is worth a small gamble. He is obviously in form having just hit a ton in the warm up game so even though he is no certainty to play all 4 tests (particularly if he has 2 bad first tests) I think at 16/1 with each way terms available, I'm willing to see how he goes.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series And another: 4pts - Ishant Sharma Over 13.5 wickets - 5/6 Bet365 Anyone who has just watched the recent India-West Indies series will know Ishant is in form. I think he has finally come of age as an international bowler following his early burst onto the scene. He has come out and stated that he previously was confused about his strengths and wanted to imitate Zaheer Khan and swing the ball but he is a seam bowler who hits the deck and I think he realises that now. He took 22 wickets in the three match test series in the Caribbean and although the England batsmen are of a much higher quality, good balls are good balls and I think he bowled plenty of those there. He particularly enjoys bowling to right handers which will make life difficult for England's middle order, and given that he should get more bounce and pace on English wickets, I fancy him to have one really good test where he takes 7 or 8 which will then require him to take just two wickets per test for the remaining three matches. The one concern is him breaking down but bet365 stipulate the player must play in at least three matches so I'm happy to back India's form pace bowler to take at least 14 wickets in this series.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Good luck with those Westy, going to take a few more myself. - 2pts Top England Series Bowler: Chris Tremlett @ 3/1 [bet365] Was actually going to take his 'Over 14.5 series wickets' line on 365 but opted for this instead. Chris Tremlett has pretty much transformed himself into a resident figure in England's seam attack nowadays after a brilliant winter and I firmly expect him to have a great series against the mighty Indians. The form he is in now is probably some of the best he's ever been in and it's reflected in his recent performances. Against Sri Lanka, he was England's leading wicket-taker with 15 wickets in three tests and he'll probably take the new ball with Jimmy this time round too. A lot of experts say that the only way England will beat this India side is if we use the conditions to our advantage and play with swinging green tops. Whilst that doesn't necessarily completely suit Chris Tremlett down to the ground, I still feel the bonuce and pace he generates provide him with potent wicket-taking ability and he should rustle a few Indian feathers at some point in this series. In 2007, he played three Test Matches against the Indians in England, taking 13 wickets at an average of 29.59. Since then he has become a better player and is in far better form. Anything similar in this series will put him right up there with Anderson and Swann for this market and at 3/1, I'm happy to side with the Surrey man. - 6pts Series Runs: Alastair Cook Over 272.5 @ 5/6 [Paddy Power] Anyone else think this line is very, very low? I mean, this is Alastair Cook here. We all know what happened this winter in Australia. 5 tests produced 766 runs. Against Sri Lanka last month. Four innings: 390 runs. I feel Paddy Power have been extremely generous in offering this line here for Cooky who is well on his way to becoming one of the greatest batsmen of all time. I think India are good enough to ensure they won't be suffering any innings defeats this series which means Cook should get an absolute minimum of six innings in to get these runs which, at the rate he's scoring is plenty time. I can't really see him not getting a century somewhere along the line and he has fantastic records at most of the grounds that this series will play at. Just last month he posted scores of 106 and 96 at Lords and he has an average of 46.80 at the Oval. Bet365 have the same line set at Over/Under 314.5 so in that respect, there's value to be had over at Paddy Power. As long as the weather holds off and he stays injury free, this will sail in. A century somewhere along the way will see half of these runs sorted and the Indian bowling attack doesn't really scare me too much on face value. Overs here definitely.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series

- 6pts Series Runs: Alastair Cook Over 272.5 @ 5/6 [Paddy Power] .
i love this bet mate, have asked for my Australian site which is owned by PP to bring it over. How is the weather currently over there, are they hopeful of getting some more results this series?

- 6pts Series Runs: Alastair Cook Over 272.5 @ 5/6 [Paddy Power] Anyone else think this line is very, very low?
For what its worth mate that line looks very appealing to me. If it wasn't for the fact I'm already on him for top England run scorer then I would have been all over it. Lets hope he does the business for both of us :ok

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series The odds on the draw are lengthening. There will be rain about in the 1st Test but it will be the odd shower here or there. The forecast is a lot better than it was. Let's hope Cook comes through and the rain stays away for all of our sakes. Thinking of a few more so may come back with them later. Right. Let's do this. - 3pts England to win the 1st Test @ 9/4 [WillHill] I'm sorry but England have to be taken at this price in home conditions. We all know England are a good side that are brimming with confidence. They announced their 12-man squad LONG before the start of this test and know exactly what to expect when they line up tomorrow. India on the other hand haven't played as a unit in God's knows how long, got spanked by Somerset the other day for three days and are notorious slow-starters in Test Series. To add to that, India have lost 10 out of 15 visits to Lords in their history winning only one of those fifteen matches. I'm not wholly convinced about Mukund as an opener. As much as I love Gautam Gambhir too (no homo), he has never played a Test Match in England before. There is a 99% chance of cloud cover tomorrow too which suits England down to the ground. Noone knows how well the Indians will cope with the seaming ball and likewise no-one knows how well the Indian bowling attack will cope with it. All the signs point to England here and even though there is rain about and the draw is as low as 1.8 in places, I'm happy to be on the home side. Lords is notorious for not producing many results which is something else I know, however, despite all this, England for me all day. - 6pts England 1st Innings Runs: Over 379.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Lords is a road. Flat deck. Expect runs. Lots of them. Average first innings score there in the last 10 test matches is 410. India come tomorrow with a bowling attack that England can get on top of. They played Andrew Strauss into form last week and I can only see runs coming from Cook, KP, Trotty, Belly and Morgan. Last month England got 486 here in the 1st innings against Sri Lanka and they replied with an innings of 479. Big scores aren't too rare here and there should be another tomorrow. I have no idea on how India will cope tomorrow so will avoid their runs line and just go with England's. - 4pts Player Performance: Matt Prior Over 83.5 @ 9/10 [Cricketbetlive] Matt Prior loves Lords. I like to look at his player performance lines every Lords test because he has a great record there. Just last month he scored 126 there in England's 1st Innings and has a pretty impressive average there to boot (46.90). Points will automatically come in the field too. There is always a stumping chance off Graeme Swann and there will always be edges from Anderson, Tremlett and or Broad/Bresnan. 50 points in the field is not too far from Prior's grasp which leaves a minimal amount of runs to make up the numbers. There's not really too much to add here. He has three viable methods of scoring points here and there is plenty of scope for overs. I'm happy to be on here definitely.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series One bet for me which has caught my eye... 2.5 points Any player to score a century on Day 1 @ 9 Wills I cant belive the odds on this bet. Yes there may be a few showers throughout the day but im extremely confident we will see at least 60 overs of play tomorraw if not the full 90. Im not fussed at all whoever bats first, both teams have players who can get stuck in and score a century on the first day.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series A few outrights for me in this series which I'll cover in a couple of posts. 2pts A.Strauss Top England Series Batsman 9/2 Bet365 I think the England captain is a big price here. He hasn't become a bad player overnight and it was only 3 months ago he was smashing this Indian attack for 158 all around Bangalore. He's added to that record with a couple of knocks against this same attack at Taunton last week and I think he'll go well in this series. I'm sure much will be made of the Khan vs Strauss battle but Strauss is pure class and I think he'll enjoy a decent series here. Alastair Cook is many people's idea of a good thing in this series and while I wouldn't necessarily disagree, the poor summer he had against Pakistan last year puts me off as they are very similar in make up to this Indian side. Jonathan Trott's form doesn't seem to be quite as strong as it did in the winter while hopefully the likes of Bell and Morgan are too far down to beat Strauss. 9/2 on an opener who is guaranteed to bat in every innings his side has is a big price and one I'm happy to snatch up here. 1pt G.Gambhir Top India Series Batsman 4/1 William Hill Gautam Gambhir is a very classy opening batsman who I think will grow into this series. He's scored runs against England in the past and I see no reason why he won't continue to do that in this series. He can play off front and back foot which is quite rare for an Indian and he can play seam and spin. He has a couple of half centuries and a big century in 4 test innings against England and while that's a small form sample it does at least show that he likes our attack. While coming back from injury isn't ideal his teammates have to adjust to conditions having not had much cricket so they kind of level themselves out. 4/1 on an opener is a price I always like and it's one I'm happy to take here. 1pt P.Kumar Top India Series Bowler 10/1 Stan James I'm taking a bit of a risk here a) because Praveen isn't guaranteed to play in this series and b) because Zaheer, the main man, is back in the side but conditions in England and in 3 of the 4 grounds this series will be played in will suit Praveen's style of bowling down to the ground. He's India's Jimmy Anderson in that he swings the ball away from the right hander but he can get it going the other way. If anything his control is better than Anderson's and if he plays the full 4 matches I don't think he'll be too far away here. He may not play the entire series but if he does this 10/1 will look a lovely price and one which I have to take and see just how much cricket Praveen does get in this series.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series 3pts I.Bell's Series Runs - Over 224.5 5/6 William Hill I don't really understand this line. Ian Bell was the other batsman who looked so good in that World Cup match against India and his form since then has gone from strength to strength. He's hit a 50 in every innings he's played in test cricket since then and he just looks so classy right now. Coming in at 5 against the old ball he should be able to get himself in and get stuck in. He plays spin well which will be important for our middle order and if we get 8 full innings then he only has to average 28 in the series to see this total covered. Let's say he gets 6 innings in which case he could need to average 37. That's still well within his range too. A century at any stage in this series wipes out almost half this total and it's a total I very much see Bell covering over the four match series. 3pts MS.Dhoni's Series Runs - Over 179.5 5/6 Paddy Power No idea what this line is all about but it looks way too low for someone who has a test match average of 38.74. Using that average as a guide he'll have this sewn up within 5 innings so he'll have a potential 3 innings to spare. Last time India were over here Dhoni hit a 92 and a 76 in the test series so he's batted well in English conditions in the past and he shouldn't have any issues with our attack. He's another batsman who can play off front and back foot which he'll need to do in this series. He made 74 in his last test innings in the Caribbean so he comes here with a score under his belt and I think 180 is well within his compass in the four matches here. 3pts G.Swann's Series Wickets - Under 15.5 10/11 Bet365 I might be taking a bit of a risk here but India play spin so well and I think when he comes on in this series that India will go after him and hit him out of the attack. Most of the wickets in this series will go to the seamers so even though this total is only 20% of the potential 80 wickets that could fall in the series I'm not sure that Swann will make it to 16. Only really The Oval will conditions suit Swann and the longer the rain is around the fewer bowling opportunities he'll get. Another reason why I don't like Swann's chances here is because there's no DRS which Swann uses to his advantage to get a fair amount of wickets. All in all I think there's enough to suggest Swann's wicket taking will be limited in the series so I like the unders here.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series 1.5pts England to win 1st Test and Draw series 14/1 Bet365 1pt England to win 1st Test and Lose series 22/1 Bet365 I don't fancy England in this series but I do have concerns over the lack of preparation for the India side going into this first test. Should England play well at Lords they could make India pay for their lax warm up but as the series goes on I expect India to get a lot stronger. India have yet to lose a test series under MS Dhoni and they've played 6 under his leadership now. They include trips to South Africa and West Indies - both bouncy and at times fast conditions which supposedly don't suit India and they drew 1-1 with South Africa and beat the Windies 1-0. Ok it could be said that England are better than them two but that's an assumption based on our bowling attack in our conditions. Well our bowling attack had our conditions pretty much all series against Sri Lanka and looked toothless but for a couple of 20 over spells. Once the Indian batsmen find their feet in this series and their bowlers have a few overs under their belts I think England will be fighting very hard to protect a 1-0 lead should they win the opening test. England haven't won a test series against India since 1996 and I don't see that changing. The other reason why I think England won't have this series all their own way is Duncan Fletcher knows most of this England side personally and he'll have plans for each player which he'll give to his Indian players. We saw in his time with England that he comes up with some excellent plans for individual players and he could be a key factor in this series which hasn't really been mentioned. There's too many variables which aren't solely in England's favour for me in this series not least their bowling attack where the 3rd seamer is a real issue. If India hit Swann out of the attack and the 3rd seamer doesn't fire then England are relying on two bowlers to take 80 wickets. That ain't happening so I'll go with England to take advantage of India's lack of preparation but then to fail to win the series. 1pt S.Tendulkar Man of the Series 8/1 Paddy Power Simple one this in many ways. At some point in this series Sachin Tendulkar is likely to score his 100th international century which is an insane landmark and one well worthy of being rewarded with the man of the series award. This will be the last time we see the little master on these shores so if he goes well with the bat for the Indian's I'm sure he will be very close with the sentimental values he holds in the series to this award. Even though I fancy Gambhir to go well with the bat in the series if Tendulkar goes well and gets the 100th ton he's going to be very hard to beat to the man of the series award.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Just 3 for me to begin with in this test. 4pts M.Prior's Performance Pts - 87&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. I like Matt Prior's line here. In the test match against Sri Lanka here earlier in the summer he scored a massive 175pts and that included just 4 in the second innings before he set about destroying the place :lol. This is clearly a ground Prior likes with a batting average of 46.90 with two centuries on this ground and we know he's in decent form because he's scored runs for Sussex in the T20 and he also scored runs for them against Hampshire in the County Championship last week so there's no reason at all why Prior can't cover this total with the bat alone. However there's a good chance he'll be contributing with the gloves in this test too. Clouds are forecast for much of the test match and that always makes the ball swing a bit and I would expect a couple of edges to come his way. I think he covers this with an average game with bat and gloves but a good match with the bat should see this line covered comfortably. 1pt ew H.Singh Top India Batsman (1st Inns Only) 25/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) How I never had this one land in the West Indies I'll never know but we'll give it another go here. The Indian batsmen have played only one warm up match in England and Suresh Raina aside they made a complete pigs ear of it. Conditions at Lords could well be to England's liking. The ball will do a bit and England are generally ok in those conditions. India won't have seen anything like Tremlett for a while so their top order could struggle. Harbhajan's see it slap it style could just work nicely here. The outfield at Lords will be fast so he'll get value for the shots that he does play. He's contributed some very handy cameos for India in their series in SA and WI recently and so there's no reason he won't contribute here and at 25/1 with England not the best at cleaning up aggressive tails I'll take my chances on the Indian spinner here. 1pt S.Tendulkar Man of the Match 9/1 Stan James I'm only taking this bet in this match. I'll leave it to the man of the series bet after this but so many landmarks in this match it would be fitting if here at the home of cricket is where Sachin gets the 100th international century of his career. If he does then no matter what else happens the MOM will be sealed. This is the 2000th test match of all time and the 100th test between these two nations so what better time for the best individual achievement of all time to come along too. Sachin has tucked into England for a number of years now and has many records in his career but the one thing he doesn't have is his name on the honours board at Lords. This will be his last opportunity to do that and if he does it will bring the place down. The finest batsman to have lived must have it written somewhere that his 100th ton will come at HQ and at 9/1 I'll pay to find out.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series i wan tocontct youhow cancontct you onlinei have treied to sent email trhrugh thrugh keshvat@ hot mail .com i havent recived any answeri wanto contcet you online

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series This is really annoying, Trott is looking really good but it looks like we may have quite a delay, oh well theres a reason why the odds for a century where so high! :hope we do get at least another 20+ overs in and Trott can get another 42 runs required before close of play today.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Not sure he's looking that good ani. He should've been caught twice and run out another time. Hope we get 30 overs for him to make it to a ton for you :ok. The Zaheer injury has given those of us on Sharma or Praveen some excellent value in the top India bowler :clap.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series No bets for me but been looking forward to this all summer, think it will be extremely tight and one test match could even decide it, I dont think we will lose the series as similar to Oz I dont see India being able to take 20 wickets off us in a fairly short space of time, could come down to how we bowl at them, plenty of cloud cover would be nice. If Zaheer is out I will back us to win the series, that would put India's seam attack about on a par with Sri Lanka's.:unsure

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series England look good for 380 which I am pleased about. Quick one for me. - 6pts Day 2 Session 2 Runs: Over 100.5 @ 8/11 [sportingbet] This forthcoming session will last a good two and a half hours. The weather is looking good and more importantly there is little cloud cover. The new ball is due in four overs time but with no Zaheer Khan and little assistance from the weather especially for Kumar, I see little problems for the England batsmen. Pietersen is looking very good. His almost strange method of getting across his stumps hasn't caused him too many problems so far and Ishant Sharma continues to be wayward with his lines. Bell likewise. I heard Bumble mention earlier that should Dhoni feel the need to, he will give Dravid the gloves and come on to bowl himself which initially will only spell runs for England. In the morning session, there were 27 overs that cost 92 runs at 3.25 runs an over. This session should be longer with a minimum of 30 overs and in that case I can only see overs here. Morgan and Prior are in next and they are natural scorers in all forms of cricket. I don't think we'll see Prior in this session but I am still not overly worried even if we do. With the new ball coming onto the bat a bit more I potentially see more runs for England so I'm happy to be on overs here.

LOSS - 6pts Day 2 Session 2 Runs: Over 100.5 @ 8/11 [sportingbet]
Annoying that. I was led to believe that this session would be 2 and a half hours long (13:40-16:10) and had that been the case, this would've walked in. Even with the long breaks we had to endure from Dhoni bowling, the new ball coming in and one or two contentious moments, 100.5 would've been covered with ease. Session has ended at 15:40 though and we find ourselves 14 runs short. Throwing away the winnings I should get from England making 380 too. Sigh.

Annoying that. I was led to believe that this session would be 2 and a half hours long (13:40-16:10) and had that been the case, this would've walked in. Even with the long breaks we had to endure from Dhoni bowling, the new ball coming in and one or two contentious moments, 100.5 would've been covered with ease. Session has ended at 15:40 though and we find ourselves 14 runs short. Throwing away the winnings I should get from England making 380 too. Sigh.
Really unlucky Tyler as I thought the session was until 16:10 as well. Im sure youll bounce back :ok

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Time for me to start getting involved... 5 points England Runs after 130 Overs, Over 395 @ 2 Stanjames Currently England are 305/5 after 103 Overs with KP on 115* and Prior on 21*. This partnership is already worth 35 runs and is going at a good rate of 3.38. Aside from the 2 strikers from Praveen Kumar where Morgan wasnt even out, there isnt nothing from these India bowlers, its even come to a stage where the wickerkeeper has to bowl! We only need a rate of 3.33 for this bet to come in, and with the 2 current batsman who can both hit it and with the likes of Broad and Swann to still come in I think this bet will come in.

Time for me to start getting involved... 5 points England Runs after 130 Overs, Over 395 @ 2 Stanjames Currently England are 305/5 after 103 Overs with KP on 115* and Prior on 21*. This partnership is already worth 35 runs and is going at a good rate of 3.38. Aside from the 2 strikers from Praveen Kumar where Morgan wasnt even out, there isnt nothing from these India bowlers, its even come to a stage where the wickerkeeper has to bowl! We only need a rate of 3.33 for this bet to come in, and with the 2 current batsman who can both hit it and with the likes of Broad and Swann to still come in I think this bet will come in.
Good call! Looked pretty straight forward from just a few overs after you posted this :clap

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Thanks everyone, i think the bet won with 10 overs to spare. +2.5 for the series so far for me. One more bet... 7.5 Points G.Ghambir to score over 34.5 Runs @ 1.83 Bet365 With no Sehwag Ghambir will be the senior partner out of the opening pair. As we can see from the first innings this pitch is quite flat and the sun is out, thats what Indian batsman love the most. Ghambir is an excellent cricketer and averages 51.39 in Tests, i cant see many problems in him getting to 35 runs here.

Re: Cricket: England vs India Test Series Time for the biggest bet of the summer for me, will be a fairly long write up to justify the max bet... 10 points India First Innings score 366 Runs & Over @ 1.83 Stanjames Now I know I already have 7.5 points on Ghambir to get runs but there is no way I can resist this bet especially at the line we are given. Looking at other bookies Paddy have given the line at 380 at the same odds, thats a difference of 14 runs! I have just seen the weather report for today and its clear blue skies throughout the day which means a flat pitch and a glorious day for batting. For the number one test team in the world not to get 366 runs on a flat pitch is just embarrassing. Aside from Ghambir who i have already mentioned in the above post we still have Sachin Tendulkar (57), Rahul Dravid (52), VVS Laxman (47), Suresh Raina (38) & MS Dohni (39) to come. For the past 10/15 years these batsman have graced world cricket and theres no way in hell that these 6 batsman cant get another 349 runs between them. Theres also the Sachin Tendulkar factor here. This guy has done everything there possibly can be done in World Cricket, BUT he hasn’t got the century at the home of the cricket. This test being the 2000th Test, it was always going to be set up to have something special, although we have already had Pieterson’s 202* (and what an innings that was) I still think Sachin will come out and steal the show from KP, get to his 100 and help India get a decent total.