Henry De Bromhead Syndicate - Are you interested in joining?

I'm not sure if any of you are aware but Henry De Bromhead is trying to get a syndicate together from people off Facebook. He has already done this once previously and they have bought a horse at the sales that finished 2nd on its debut at Tramore. He is planning on going to the August sales and wants members to feel like owners rather than just a number. I have already spoken to the guy that will be running the syndicate called Michael that works for Henry and got an idea of pricing: Initial outlay of around £250 £32 a month for first 6 months £47 a month after that for the next 2 years That is with the current amount of people interested. If we could get more interested those costs will decrease but they will not take hundreds as part of a syndicate because then you don't really feel involved. I believe initial aim was for about 55-65 members. I believe the idea would be that members get involved with buying the horse, choosing which one to buy, viewing the catalogues before the sales and also choosing where it runs, which races etc. Henry will put up a poll and members would vote on where it goes next. It does seem like a lot of expense over the next two years but it also sounds very professional and for anyone that doesn't know who Henry De Bromhead is he is the trainer of Sizing Europe, Arkle and Champion Chase Winner. If anyone is interested they can add Henry De Bromhead to their friends list on facebook and send him a message. You can also get him by email at: [email protected] The original idea was to go to the Derby sales but they only had around 35 members interested and costs were too high so loads dropped out. There are sales in August when this syndicate horse will be purchased. Members will get owners badges as far as I'm aware but the horse may start off in Ireland and be aimed at a bumper, possibly at Punchestowns, depending on how good it is. With the previous syndicate they even recorded footage on the morning gallops and posted it for their members to view. It certainly seems 10 times more professional than the Dhaular Dhar fiasco and more of a chance to feel like an owner rather than a hinderance. Please don't contact him if you have no intention of joining the syndicate, he is trying to finalise numbers and only wants people who are serious about being involved. Cheers. :ok

Re: Henry De Bromhead Syndicate - Are you interested in joining? quite interested its only about 1500 overall Will the horse belong to the syndicate or is it one of those where you share any prize money over the length of time you have a share (2yrs 6 month). Bought some shares in a couple of 2yo's once for the old man as a birthday pressy, fkin rip off, tho one did win @ Leic @ 50/1

Re: Henry De Bromhead Syndicate - Are you interested in joining?

quite interested its only about 1500 overall Will the horse belong to the syndicate or is it one of those where you share any prize money over the length of time you have a share (2yrs 6 month). Bought some shares in a couple of 2yo's once for the old man as a birthday pressy, fkin rip off, tho one did win @ Leic @ 50/1
I believe the horse will belong to the syndicate, winnings are split between owners, trainer, jockey etc. Ideal situation is you buy a cheap horse and it turns out to be a cracker and wins top races, you then have to decide if to sell if someone comes in for it. Snow Fairy was £1,800 I believe. :eek

quite interested its only about 1500 overall Will the horse belong to the syndicate or is it one of those where you share any prize money over the length of time you have a share (2yrs 6 month). Bought some shares in a couple of 2yo's once for the old man as a birthday pressy, fkin rip off, tho one did win @ Leic @ 50/1
I dont think the members would have a say in buying which horse, it would be deBromheads team and they would have a racing manager ya di ya di yadda, and after 2 years whatever the horse would be sold off

Re: Henry De Bromhead Syndicate - Are you interested in joining? I asked Henry the same question on Facebook and the response was that the horse belongs to the syndicate members. I am under the impression that Henry has the final say in which horse is purchased, but he is going to the sales, there is no guarantees he will get the animal he wants at the right price, so it seems the only way (as opposed to putting it to a member vote) as he may have to react on the day if outbid for one and do the best with the budget he has been given? However, once purchased, he wants the members to have plenty of involvement, in the bits Mowlgi has mentioned above, like naming and deciding race plans etc.

However, once purchased, he wants the members to have plenty of involvement, in the bits Mowlgi has mentioned above, like naming and deciding race plans etc.
That can only be seen as a good thing unlike other syndicates that is run by the self-appointed leader mentioning no names

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if this was a success or not?
It never got off the ground as loads dropped out. I think he's looking at doing another one though, also via a Facebook group.