Matting On Racecourses

I have only come up to speed on this as a promising filly of Barney Curley suffered a fatal injury after crossing a strip of matting that is just after the winning post, amazingly he doesnt insure his horses, but is seeking compensation from Brighton Racecourse for faliure to mantain the state of the track (which includes road crossings such as Wilson Avenue) The configuration of the course must be looked at

Re: Matting On Racecourses

The filly died because of this? Must have been some freak accident. Curley's own fault for not insuring his stable. I'm sure he insures his car. A musician would insure their instrument?
Barney Curley is a wise man, He knows it's a rare day when a fatality occurs in flat racing and when something does It's normally human error. Also how many times will a stable like his run a particular horse before he sells? Bearing in mind his main aim will be to land touches rather than the conventional targeting of prize money.

Insuring your horses is not just about fatalities' date=' though. It guards against injuries also. Presumably, however, he owned the horse in question as surely the responsibility to insure lies with the owner?[/quote'] I would think when the owner takes out a contract with a stable insurance would be considered as part of the fee. Obviously in this case Barney takes the role of both parties.

The filly died because of this? Must have been some freak accident. Curley's own fault for not insuring his stable. I'm sure he insures his car. A musician would insure their instrument?
I'm no expert on this matter but if Curley has elected not to insure his horses then it must not be mandatory.Given the choice i would avoid insuring anything especially my car.Insurance is on of the biggest scams known to man.I'd be tens of 1000's of pounds richer if it wasn't for paying rip off premiums over the years. I think he is quite right in making a claim against the course.If you for example was to trip over a cable and break your leg at your local Tesco would you be happy if Tesco refused to acknowledge any responsibility and that you should claim on your personal insurance if you have any.

I think he is quite right in making a claim against the course.If you for example was to trip over a cable and break your leg at your local Tesco would you be happy if Tesco refused to acknowledge any responsibility and that you should claim on your personal insurance if you have any.
Regardless of your opinions of Curley's reputation, it still lays the blame firmly at the door of the clerk of the course who is ultimatly responsible for the facilities be it on the course or the surrounding area I still get visions of Channel 4 overplaying the incident at Newbury:wall