** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Arbitrage betting

Re: Arbitrage betting

Odd thing to say considering effort is the route to making a consistent profit in sports betting :unsure Just goes to prove the theory that the average punter isn't willing to put in the hard work, and are only after making "easy money"...
I think that's unfair. Please take a look at my golf thread if you don't think I'm personally willing to put the work in. My point is that if I am going to put a lot of hard work in, I would want to be rewarded much better than by risking large banks for piddling percentages. I maintain that making 1 or 2 percent seems rather a bind given the possibilities of it going wrong, which a number of people have highlighted. Odds move on you and with the voided bets etc, it can take an eternity to find the matches...would we not all be doing this if we couldn't possibly lose?

how bro?would you kindly share your system for arbing on football
Seriously, check the odds of football matches at half time on many sites and you'll see the odds on sites are VERY different! Especially when the away side is winning. There was good arbs during the Argentina v England under 17 world cup games, and expect a lot of them during the copa America too.

Re: Arbitrage betting You should have had a look at the Suffer Knockdown market. I was notified of two opportunities...... 09:28 on Sat Haye Suffer Knockdown @ 2.00 @ Skybet Klitschko Not To Score A Knockdown @ 2.50 @ William Hill 11.11% and 3 mins later the same situation but 1.80 on the Haye Suffer Knockdown side 4.65% The minor markets are usually the place to look. I've two books on the topic of arbitrage, both good reads. I'd like to read other people's accounts but published material on the topic seems thin on the ground.

You should have had a look at the Suffer Knockdown market. I was notified of two opportunities...... 09:28 on Sat Haye Suffer Knockdown @ 2.00 @ Skybet Klitschko Not To Score A Knockdown @ 2.50 @ William Hill 11.11% and 3 mins later the same situation but 1.80 on the Haye Suffer Knockdown side 4.65% The minor markets are usually the place to look. I've two books on the topic of arbitrage, both good reads. I'd like to read other people's accounts but published material on the topic seems thin on the ground.
Downside for me (and probably many more) would be max stakes (at a guess) £3 at Skybet and £1.50 at William Hill, so not really worth it.

Re: Arbitrage betting Arbs can be very nice, but there are a few things I would strongly avoid. First of all when I did arbs I got my own, i.e do not rely on a service which gives you then, as you and another thousand or so are all betting suddenly on same thing, this is a big no/no the bookies will already know what you are doing, at it's at their peril when they have enough of you. Keep under the rador, I was getting nice 4-5% ones come through for football, mostly with draw no bet. I would never bet the proper amount, i.e £154.78 etc, I set my calc so it varied all result with a rounded figure, so it looked more natural, so bets were £125, £140 etc, never with weird endings a normal person would not do. Another good sign for myself was because I was getting my own arbs, and placing a bet, I often found in most cases 30 minutes later the odds were still same on both sites, this is perfect as it means there is nobody or very little other betting on same, no alarm bells, this is why most arbs change so fast when using a service, all the others running on the back of them. I still do the occassional arb, but I only set up for a few bookmakers, and I wont waste my time on anything under 3.00% If you can do it all sensible, avoid services, and play everything by the book, even to the point of using unique ip address, erasing browsing history before visiting x bookmaker after others etc, you will do ok, just dont be greedy and try and bet too much either. I don't see arbs as something F/T, I see it as a nice opportunity that comes along which lets you win something. Also as well as your arbing on bookmakers, it is wise to regular bets also, it is very easy to lose X amount on a bookie after winning. Be smart :ok

Re: Arbitrage betting For the sake of sanity, I only did football, I think it's really not wise if you suddenly start doing arbs with baseball, F1, american football etc when all along before your primarily interest has always been football, key rule is being natural. I suggest you stick to one sport, and just cover any markets you want in this, though I find draw no bet and 90 min to be enough in football and it's much less work (time consuming when a bookie changes layout). Try and be as natural as possible about everything also. (also your first task should be to sort out all club name aliases so they match with one another i.e Man Utd, Machester Utd, Man United, Manchester United etc) If you are from the UK and you get a nice arb come through at 11am on a Tuesday afternoon for a game in Holland on the Saturday coming, to me this is not natural for you to be placing an arb, the idea is to blend in with most other people, however when a nice arb comes in for the championship at 7pm on a Friday evening, this is ideal, you get the picture. (not saying just do one country, do all of Europe, just be wise about timing of placing your trades also). So regarding markets, just cover what ones you are interested on, as above I am happy with DNB and 90 min, sometimes less is more, not doing it for a job, doing it for 3-5% return on your investment every now and then.

Any more pointers Bacardirum? Such as which markets to look at?

Re: Arbitrage betting Interesting set of posts I have always been put off by the small % but if 3 - 5% could be achieved consistently then this needs more study. Can you tell me how many bookmakers are you covering to find your arbs and how many bookmakers enable the inplay arbs to be achievable? I use BF and not sure how many others allow this to happen. Please excuse the naive question but as I say not looked seriously at this before.

Re: Arbitrage betting The Arbs I do are not ever in-play, that's a lottery, when my own setup runs and things are in-play I get arbs for anything from 1%-80% lol It's crazy, odds are changing left, right and centre, personally speaking to play an arb on 2+ sites in-play is dangerous, and it could get very messy when you take the wrong odds, as bookmakers say in-play odds are not guaranteed as to what you get them at if mistake, and there are loads of mistakes (also if you continue to beat the bookmaker in-play at best odds you will be noticed big time), again it's the simple rule, be discrete best you can, blend in with the gamblers. I only do arbs when event has not started, I do like in-play bets, but keep that strictly to betfair. Originally when started I spent ages setting it all up for around 30 bookmakers, now it's just 12. Too much hassle having money everywhere, too much hassle fixing layouts when changing, it's really not all that simple, simple hobby, if it pays for my drink and chinese at the weekend I am happy and can save from my real job. Also you would be recommend to use a dedicated server for speed, also you will need to do homework about how often you scan, last thing you want is being banned, you ideally want to setup each script using regex, this method is wonderful for this sort of work. (In computing, a regular expression, also referred to as regex or regexp, provides a concise and flexible means for matching strings of text, such as particular characters, words, or patterns of characters. A regular expression is written in a formal language that can be interpreted by a regular expression processor, a program that either serves as a parser generator or examines text and identifies parts that match the provided specification.) - from wikipedia, it makes a huge difference to just a standard php script. I think I have said just about all I can on this subject, it's a good adventure, and there is no better feeling than when you hear your first beep (well I set it so I got a beep when an arb came in so I knew), and you place first arb, and as always I would stay away from any arb services online (would not be surprised if they keep all the good ones for only there self anyway).

Interesting set of posts I have always been put off by the small % but if 3 - 5% could be achieved consistently then this needs more study. Can you tell me how many bookmakers are you covering to find your arbs and how many bookmakers enable the inplay arbs to be achievable? I use BF and not sure how many others allow this to happen. Please excuse the naive question but as I say not looked seriously at this before.

Re: Arbitrage betting Thanks for the information - looks like you have put a lot of work into this - unfortunatley not a programmer so have to think about how something similar can be done. I am assuming they do not come up too frequently. Al