** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Is Ryan Moore Genuinely Miserable?

Re: Is Ryan Moore Genuinely Miserable?

For one reason or another Moore has been one of the leading names under the flat code for the last 3 or years. That brings with it certain privileges and alongside them come certain obligations imo. None moreso in the lead up to the derby this year. He was the same, monotone, miserable as sin, seemingly un-coperative bu9ger despite it being the best opportunity flat racing has had for as long as I can remember to promote itself to the wider public. I admit there are huge differences between each others situation but could you ever see the racing media getting behind Moore in the same way they did for Mcoy to be BBC SPOTY? The reasons are simple imo, Moore would do more harm than good if he was under such backing imo. Personally I wish the journo's would just leave him alone and stopped asking him questions pre and post race. Certainly the tv ones anyway, his demeanour in front of the cameras does the sport no favours whatsoever.
I must admit AP used to be a miserable sod, but now he is good at giving replies, Thompson's interview with him at Lingfield was funny but for all the wrong reasons, I dont think Moore is making many friends with his sourpuss attitude, to be honest

If he was a good jockey, I would have no problem with that. The thing is, it just pisses me off even more when I see him this way along with the constant stinkers he rides day in day out. For example he goes to evening meeting in Windsor and drops out to last place off slow pace on a front runner. I mean, wtf?!?! If you don't care about it, just don't ride it. You're a professional jockey ffs. At least learn about your horse and try to be in a good position. Not drop the horse 2L off the 2nd last horse and don't care one bit if you have a chance of winning or not. There is nothing worse than that and I despise jockeys like him. They can ride well when they want, but 90% of the time they are bad for the punter. I honestly think he is a horrible person and a horrible jockey. He clearly thinks he is better than he is. It all stems from there. Mr fcuking average for me. Luckiest guy in the sport to have the Stoute job. I can name 10 jockeys and all of them claimers that will do better whith the rides he gets.
you clearly know nothing about racing, thats the problem with armchair punters, you only see one opinion your own, he will ride many races to order despite what he may prefer to do he is under orders, he does not pay the bills ok, so when a rider appears to give a horse a tender, or poor ride he may not always be to blame. as regards is he miserable, do you socialize with him, or again is it from what you just see after a race, as like most humans everyone will have good and bad days!!!!! he is a very witty guy once you get to know him has a very good racing brain, and when you reach a pinicle at any sport, how can he be a bad jockey, he rides for all the top trainers, and a obrien will not put any monkey on his horses so i believe your statement is pathetic. smacked:spank for you sir

For one reason or another Moore has been one of the leading names under the flat code for the last 3 or years. That brings with it certain privileges and alongside them come certain obligations imo. None moreso in the lead up to the derby this year. He was the same, monotone, miserable as sin, seemingly un-coperative bu9ger despite it being the best opportunity flat racing has had for as long as I can remember to promote itself to the wider public. I admit there are huge differences between each others situation but could you ever see the racing media getting behind Moore in the same way they did for Mcoy to be BBC SPOTY? The reasons are simple imo, Moore would do more harm than good if he was under such backing imo. Personally I wish the journo's would just leave him alone and stopped asking him questions pre and post race. Certainly the tv ones anyway, his demeanour in front of the cameras does the sport no favours whatsoever.
Why would Ryan Moore do more harm than good to racing? I can't see that myself. Its not like he behaves like an ape like a Wayne Rooney on and off the pitch. The media manipulated the BBC SPOTY award last year in favour of McCoy. Many years ago a sportsperson got the most votes via a public campaign but was disqualified because it was against their rules and it was given to someone more popular ( female athelete not 100% sure).Don't know why it was acceptable for McCoy to win it last year under similar circumstances after the precedent of throwing out public campaigns . I wish people would stop hounding Moore and let him do what he does best.

Why would Ryan Moore do more harm than good to racing? I can't see that myself. Its not like he behaves like an ape like a Wayne Rooney on and off the pitch. The media manipulated the BBC SPOTY award last year in favour of McCoy. Many years ago a sportsperson got the most votes via a public campaign but was disqualified because it was against their rules and it was given to someone more popular ( female athelete not 100% sure).Don't know why it was acceptable for McCoy to win it last year under similar circumstances after the precedent of throwing out public campaigns . I wish people would stop hounding Moore and let him do what he does best.
Because when people turn CH4 on on a Saturday afternoon and see him win a GP1 race with over 100k going to the winning owners and related connections and see the crowd etc full of elation and joy immediately after the horse has crossed the line they are immediately caught up in the feel good factor. 30 seconds after the horse has crossed the line and Emma Ramsden is out on the track talking to Moore asking him how he feels the casual armchair punter who has a growing interest in racing is then met by a bloke with a face looking like he's just lost 20 quid. He has no right behaving in the manner he does. He has one of the top jobs in racing despite not being the most talented or hardest working. I could name you half a dozen right away who are more fitting of the job imo. (DE Sousa, Fortune, Makin, Fallon, Turner and Hanghan) He's living an extremely privileged lifestyle thanks to horse racing, the least he could do is look like he's enjoying it. There are times when I think to myself after listening to him "Jesus, why do you even bother you sour faced t1t"

He's living an extremely privileged lifestyle thanks to horse racing, the least he could do is look like he's enjoying it. There are times when I think to myself after listening to him "Jesus, why do you even bother you sour faced t1t"
I tend to agree , you have Dettori who is more than happy to turn up at the opening of a fridge door and Moore who thinks he is royalty if he is that fed up with it, why doesnt he find himself a racing manager to do all his interviews for him. I am sure he can find some flunkie with a title to do that

Because when people turn CH4 on on a Saturday afternoon and see him win a GP1 race with over 100k going to the winning owners and related connections and see the crowd etc full of elation and joy immediately after the horse has crossed the line they are immediately caught up in the feel good factor. 30 seconds after the horse has crossed the line and Emma Ramsden is out on the track talking to Moore asking him how he feels the casual armchair punter who has a growing interest in racing is then met by a bloke with a face looking like he's just lost 20 quid. He has no right behaving in the manner he does. He has one of the top jobs in racing despite not being the most talented or hardest working. I could name you half a dozen right away who are more fitting of the job imo. (DE Sousa, Fortune, Makin, Fallon, Turner and Hanghan) He's living an extremely privileged lifestyle thanks to horse racing, the least he could do is look like he's enjoying it. There are times when I think to myself after listening to him "Jesus, why do you even bother you sour faced t1t"
I LOVE YOUR QUOTE WELL ACTUALLY HE DOES, HE CAN DO AS HE WISHES, HE IS HIS OWN MAN AND CAN CHOOSE HOW HE WISHES TO CONDUCT HIMSELF, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE TOLD BY PEOPLE WHO NEVER NEW YOU HOW TO CONDUCT YOURSELF, I BELIEVE YOUR ANSWER WOULD BE MIND YOUR OWN ......... BUISNESS OR WORDS TO THAT AFFECT. THIS FORUM CRACKS ME UP. YOU ALL SEEM TO BE THE WORLDS BEST JUDGES NOT ONLY ON HORSES, RACING NOW PEOPLES CHARACTERS LOL:$

Re: Is Ryan Moore Genuinely Miserable? I personally don't think its fair to criticise him. I think he is without doubt one of the best jockeys around and some people are simply not comfortable with certain situations such as being interviewed with millions of people watching. It's probably not a good comparison but at Uni you have some people who love giving presentations in front of a room full of people and some people like myself who dread doing them. Once I get up there I find it very hard to speak without a script whereas some people can just reel it off and look extremely comfortable. I would compare this to Frankie who absolutely loves being in the media and is obviously comfortable with it, and Ryan Moore who is the complete opposite. The problem with Ryan Moore is that because he is so good and so sought after, he will always be in the spotlight as he will always get the best rides. I don't think he will ever change. Plus I don't really think there are people who will watch horse racing on television on a Saturday afternoon who are not already into horseracing and that already know what Ryan Moore is like. If people do tune in to watch the racing for the first time, then I don't really think a 30 second interview with Ryan Moore after he has won a race will determine whether or not they tune in again. That is my opinion on the matter :unsure

The problem with Ryan Moore is that because he is so good and so sought after, he will always be in the spotlight as he will always get the best rides. I don't think he will ever change. Plus I don't really think there are people who will watch horse racing on television on a Saturday afternoon who are not already into horseracing and that already know what Ryan Moore is like. If people do tune in to watch the racing for the first time, then I don't really think a 30 second interview with Ryan Moore after he has won a race will determine whether or not they tune in again. That is my opinion on the matter :unsure
Fair point cpo, but C4 cant wait to send out the plunkett women or that other annoying creature Lesley wassit to shove a microphone under his bugle

I LOVE YOUR QUOTE WELL ACTUALLY HE DOES, HE CAN DO AS HE WISHES, HE IS HIS OWN MAN AND CAN CHOOSE HOW HE WISHES TO CONDUCT HIMSELF, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE TOLD BY PEOPLE WHO NEVER NEW YOU HOW TO CONDUCT YOURSELF, I BELIEVE YOUR ANSWER WOULD BE MIND YOUR OWN ......... BUISNESS OR WORDS TO THAT AFFECT. THIS FORUM CRACKS ME UP. YOU ALL SEEM TO BE THE WORLDS BEST JUDGES NOT ONLY ON HORSES, RACING NOW PEOPLES CHARACTERS LOL:$
Ok i'll hold my hands up and admit saying he has no right to act in the way he does was wrong. He can act however he wants but acting in such a morose manner leaves him open to accusations of being a grumpy, miserable sod who is either looking down his nose at others or really is just as miserable as he comes across.

Ok i'll hold my hands up and admit saying he has no right to act in the way he does was wrong. He can act however he wants but acting in such a morose manner leaves him open to accusations of being a grumpy, miserable sod who is either looking down his nose at others or really is just as miserable as he comes across.
He isnt winning any fans this way