** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Darts: UK Open 2011

kevshat

The 'FA Cup of Darts' begins at the Reebok Stadium next Thursday. Starting the thread now as I'm away at the PL meet all weekend and I know it's an event where some decent pre event stuff is often posted. And I've had my first bet on it already :lol. Usual format, rounds 1 and 2 over the best of 11 legs which this year involves the likes of Wade, Lloyd and Klaasen among others :eek. And the 32 that are left join the top 32 in the order of merit from Friday onwards. Last 64-16 are the best of 17 with the QF and SF best of 19 and the final best of 21 legs. All done and dusted in the one weekend. Fire away gentlemen :ok.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 I'm sure I'll have one or two more outrights early next week but I'll hit this now as it's a standout price. I really think this could tumble a la Whitlock in last year's WC. 1pt ew J.Part to win UK Open 100/1 Coral (1/2 1-2) When John Part is on form he's still a match for anyone at this game and he showed in Austria a few weeks ago that his tungsten can still talk. He won a Players Championship event out there beating Phil Taylor early in the tournament on his way to the success and word is he played exceptional darts that day. Since then he's had a couple of quarter final efforts too beating the likes of Terry Jenkins and Ronnie Baxter among others along the way. Part's one of my favourite players and it's great to see him back in good form. We don't need to worry about watching him before the Friday of this after he made the top 32 in the UK Open OOM, another sign his form is coming back to where it once was. You don't win tour events of any kind these days if you are not playing well. Part appears he might just be and at a 3 figure price it's a no brainer to have him in your portfolio of bets for Bolton this year.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 3 more for me. Will get stuck into the match bets but not until Friday as I'm not addicted enough to get involved in best of 7 leg matches :lol. Using Skybet's 4 places market for these 3. If needs be I'll lay Part off to make it effectively the same market if we get that far. 1.5pts ew R.Barneveld to win UK Open 16/1 Skybet (1/5 1-4) I like backing Barneveld in this tournament as for some reason it's one he usually turns up and believes he can win. Whether it's because anyone can play and hopefully take out Taylor or not I'm not sure but having won the tournament twice he knows what he needs to do to win it and if the draw is kind I expect him to go very well in this. I'm prepared to forgive him for the PL finals night and we shouldn't forget the excellent league season he had. Very few would've had him down in 2nd place before a dart was thrown. With his BDO background which the set up to this event is very similar to the opens they have I believe Barney has all the knowledge, certainly the ability and also the temperament to have a real tilt at a 3rd UK Open this weekend. 1pt ew V.van der Voort to win UK Open 66/1 Skybet (1/5 1-4) Vincent van der Voort has already reached the final of this event in the past and if we find a couple of days where his form is really in then we could get another strong run for our dosh this weekend. Van der Voort continues to improve at a rate of knots and he's already won two floor tournaments this year so he enjoys these sort of events. In the second one he won 3 weeks ago in Austria he beat Phil Taylor in the final so that's got to be a massive confidence boost. What I like about Vincent is when he wins his matches in this he wins them in about a 10th of the time others do due to his ultra fast throw so he can stay fresh and race through the field. If the early rounds are kind to him draw wise then I think van der Voort could be pushing for his first PDC major by the end of the weekend. 0.5pts ew T.Jenkins to win UK Open 50/1 Skybet (1/5 1-4) It's never easy to write off The Bull in televised tournaments because he is a real scrapper and fighter but it's even harder this weekend as he comes into it off the back to two runs to two finals in the same weekend in Crawley a couple of weeks back where it took Gary Anderson and Paul Nicholson to stop him. In those runs Jenkins beat Whitlock, Osborne, Newton, Stompe and Webster all of which are decent scalps. If he brings that form to this tournament we know he's got the game to trouble and beat just about anyone so if he can come through a few rounds to further boost his confidence then Jenkins could well be dining at the latter stages table once again this weekend.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011

The 'FA Cup of Darts' begins at the Reebok Stadium next Thursday. Starting the thread now as I'm away at the PL meet all weekend and I know it's an event where some decent pre event stuff is often posted. And I've had my first bet on it already :lol. Usual format, rounds 1 and 2 over the best of 11 legs which this year involves the likes of Wade, Lloyd and Klaasen among others :eek. And the 32 that are left join the top 32 in the order of merit from Friday onwards. Last 64-16 are the best of 17 with the QF and SF best of 19 and the final best of 21 legs. All done and dusted in the one weekend. Fire away gentlemen :ok.
Round 1 is best of 7.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 HUGE tip tonight, Mark Hylton to beat Andy Jenkins.. Jenkins injured his throwing hand playing cricket last weekend, hasn't played for a week, has been drinking all day and is up to his eyeballs on painkillers, once he enters the arena the odds will drop massively once people see what he is like.. Get on it now

HUGE tip tonight, Mark Hylton to beat Andy Jenkins.. Jenkins injured his throwing hand playing cricket last weekend, hasn't played for a week, has been drinking all day and is up to his eyeballs on painkillers, once he enters the arena the odds will drop massively once people see what he is like.. Get on it now
Just out of interest, are you at the reebok or have you spent time with in the last week? Just checking the 'source' before wading in!

HUGE tip tonight, Mark Hylton to beat Andy Jenkins.. Jenkins injured his throwing hand playing cricket last weekend, hasn't played for a week, has been drinking all day and is up to his eyeballs on painkillers, once he enters the arena the odds will drop massively once people see what he is like.. Get on it now
Sooooooo awesome. 9-0. Rather jealous I missed this :puke

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Two for me in this afternoon's matches. 4pts D.Priestley (+5.5 legs) to beat P.Taylor 8/11 Skybet Dennis Priestley probably no longer has the game to beat Phil Taylor but he certainly still maintains the ability to win legs off him and when Mark Frost averaged sub 90 last night and took 3 legs off Taylor then Priestley who is likely to average somewhere around 95 should be able to grab 4 legs off him. These two have been practicing together so they'll know each others games but Priestley has never been one who's been affected by playing Taylor, he's beaten him many times in the past. Taylor has a lot of respect for Priestley so he may not make an issue out of going out to do a 9-0 on him like he would some others. I think Priestley is more than capable of picking up 4 legs here. 4pts C.Stompe to beat M.Webster 5/4 William Hill Co Stompe played really well last night in seeing off Simon Whitlock and he faces another man who's confidence could be fragile after a poor Premier League campaign this afternoon. At his best Webby is top notch but he could still be thinking about the Premier League and the crowds and all sorts. Stompe is almost freerolling here now given that this is the furthest he's been in Bolton. He's stated an ambition to go well this week for his ill sister and he's definitely got the game to beat Webster. Even if Webster were to turn up and play well we've seen in past matches that Stompe can mix it with him and when there's not a lot between the two and Stompe may be in a better place mentally, I'm happy to be on him at 5/4 here.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Unlucky with Stompe and Part two horrific chokes for me, hopefully Barny comes good for you Kev:hope Looking at tonight I Wade is looking really good right now and with two very awkward draws for Barny and Taylor tonight think he may be worth a punt currently 6.5's cira. Also think Nicholson is a big price 5.5 to beat Taylor given the short format here, no way does he have just a 20% chance tonight, see value in that one for me.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Was going to give up for a bit after the luck I've had the last few days culminating in the shambles in the Part and Stompe matches but I can't ignore one tonight. 4pts P.Wright to beat M.Hylton 5/4 Stan James Peter Wright is the better player of these two so to get 5/4 on him is very tasty. I know Hylton got to the last 16 of the worlds but even so I think Wright is the better player here even if he does look like a twat with that barnet. Wright made it to this stage with a good win over Joe Cullen earlier on today who is a tricky opponent. We've heard in this thread of the problems Andy Jenkins had which effectively gave Hylton a bye in the 3rd round and he beat a pub qualifier in the 4th round. Wright's form has shown a sudden improvement in May with a run to a semi final and a quarter final in the Players Championship events and one of those events he beat James Wade which isn't bad form and he beat Chisnall in another and we saw earlier that's no mean feat. I think Wright scores more consistently of these two and he looks too big for me at 5/4.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Wasn't intending on getting involved in the tournament but having one tonight. Denis Ovens to beat Andy Smith- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Price just looks a tad big on Ovens here who's played consistent darts over the past couple of days. He's beaten two decent opponents in Painter and Walsh, a comfortable 9-4 scoreline over both which should give him confidence going into tonights match. The Pie man easily got through his first couple of matches, but earlier only scraped past a youngster in Reece Robinson by a single leg. Unless he ups that performance he'll struggle to match Ovens all the way, and I'll back the wily Ovens to carry on his impressive form and take this one.

I only put £100 down myself as you never know what the effects of drink/painkillers will have on somebody' date=' but in hindsight I should have placed my wage packet on it![/quote'] Same as. I thought about covering 9-0,9-1 & 9-2 but Never even got round to looking at the odds!

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Ok guys,I was playing a poker tournie tonite and during break 2 english guys at my table getting sms and calls to back Nicholson to beat Taylor which they did and we're talking 500 quid. I get home 40 mins ago and see sky's highlights of last few legs and see Taylor hit a 5 when he need a 20. Darts for me is blacklisted,would love to hear other peoples thoughts

Ok guys' date='I was playing a poker tournie tonite and during break 2 english guys at my table getting sms and calls to back Nicholson to beat Taylor which they did and we're talking 500 quid. I get home 40 mins ago and see sky's highlights of last few legs and see Taylor hit a 5 when he need a 20. Darts for me is blacklisted,would love to hear other peoples thoughts[/quote'] what are you trying to say? taylor fixed the match? sure he doesnt need the cash

what are you trying to say? taylor fixed the match? sure he doesnt need the cash
I suppose so.I'm just a bit sic I didnt throw a few quid on Nicholson when they did.I even stopped my mate and told him there was no chance Taylor would lose.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 hi folks sorry for my absence for this event as you all know i am a darts officianado, anyway have to back NICHOLSON at 11/2 to win the event now all the regulars on here know my thoughts on the asset, the guyt for me is future world champ nad he showed again yesterday what he i s made of survived the two best in the world at the moment Taylor and Anderson roaring back at him after he built up a lead, and yeah that is maybe a sign of complacency, but i would argue 95% of the rest of the pros would have crumbled when seeing those to coming back at them but the one thing Nicholson does have in abundance is bottle and plenty of self confidence, this is now the second time he has beaten Taylor in a thriller, after the fantastic 2010 PC semi final, in that game they both hammered in over half a dozen three figure checkouts, and Taylor failed to intmidate the Geordie, he has Wade now iand i reckon he should do James and if he does there is no one left in the draw that should concern Paul, was interested to hear him say that the plyer he looks upt to most is John Part, and i have often thought Paul reminds of Part too. the three figure checkouts, the way he never gives in, the ability to pit at least one dart in a big treble when needed all qualitiesn of class players, Much as it must gall Kevshat! this lad oozes class. along with Wade, Lewis and Anderson he is going to be a big deal in trhe next 5 years.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Like two more in the quarters this afternoon. Shocked to see the Power out, thought he would take that final leg, had the darts as well :eek Denis Ovens to beat Mark Hylton- 4/5 Sportingbet- (4/10) Backing Ovens for the second successive match here as his good form continues to impress me. A semi finalist here last year and he's playing solid enough darts to repeat that result. He's already beaten Painter and Andy Smith to reach the quarters, which should give him confidence to go with his form that he is bringing in from getting to the final over in Austria in the players championthip. Hylton hasn't beaten any world beaters to get this far and Ovens will be a step up for him. Denis is one of the most consistent throwers in the game and any slip ups from Hylton, Ovens will be there to make him pay and in the end I see him coming through this one. Wes Newton to beat Dave Chisnall- 8/11 Sportingbet- (4/10) Suprised to see odds as high for Newton here, a guy who has improved beyond recognition and now sits at number 8 in the world. He quit his day job to focus on his darts and it looks to have payed off as he is a guy you wouldn't want to be drawn against and he can beat any guy on the circuit on his day. He hammered Barney yesterday evening and already put out Van Gerwen before that, who can be a tricky guy to face. Chisnall who has arrived from the BDO has looked good in parts but from watching him, can always throw in some indifferent legs from time to time. It's his first main tournament in the PDC and early on, if Newton hits some big scores, he is bound to be under pressure and some nerves could kick in. Hard to go against Newton though and in my eyes should win this one if he plays how he has done in the past year or so.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Different day hopefully a different direction of fortune. I'm with Fishy in a way which is probably worrying for him the way this weekend has gone for me. 1pt ew D.Ovens to win UK Open 14/1 Boylesports (1/3 1,2) I can't help feeling that Denis Ovens is a big price here. He was a semi finalist in this event last year and he did absolutely nothing wrong on the Sunday. He battered a pisspoor Newton on the day but did it with an over 100 average and then played good arrers against Taylor in the semi final but nobody was beating the great one on that day. He's kind of come into these quarter finals unnoticed. Like Fishy says he's beaten Painter and he's beaten the Pieman and beat both with the minimum of fuss and is really confirming his good form from Austria a few weeks ago where he made a Players Championship final only to get a job done on him by a rampant John Part. On the way to that final he beat Mark Hylton which gives me confidence in the quarter finals. The draw has the potential to really open up here with Wade playing Nicholson. Wade's the only regular major tournament winner left in this tournament so somebody is going to reach unchartered territory in this event now. You get the feeling the likes of Newton, Thornton, Webster and Chisnall could get caught in the headlights when it comes to winning a major. Nicholson, potentially the biggest danger to Ovens after Wade not only has to beat Wade but he's got the beating Taylor curse to cover too. Given Ovens' experience I don't see it happening with him. I think he's ready to win a big event and with the advantage of playing in the first quarter final giving him maximum rest time should be win ahead of the semi finals, I think the veteran Ovens could give us a real run for our money at the 14/1 chalked up.

Like two more in the quarters this afternoon. Shocked to see the Power out, thought he would take that final leg, had the darts as well :eek Denis Ovens to beat Mark Hylton- 4/5 Sportingbet- (4/10)- WIN Wes Newton to beat Dave Chisnall- 8/11 Sportingbet- (4/10)- WIN
Both got the job done, Newton continues to impress me but let's hope Ovens pulls through for Kev. Overall +9.43 for the competition now.

Re: Darts: UK Open 2011 Just based on the high scoring checkouts in the PL I'd say Wade is good value getting the highest checkout v Webby 1.8 @ VC Based on PL matches he would achieve this 64% of time. I fancy Wade to win this thing so should win most legs here as well.

Both got the job done' date=' Newton continues to impress me but let's hope Ovens pulls through for Kev. Overall +9.43 for the competition now.[/quote'] Cheers mate. Got the semi final draw I wanted. A repeat of their quarter final last year would be nice :lol. Good stuff from you this weekend :clap:clap.