Discipline

It's very rare to see any threads about this but I firmly believe that it's one of the top 3 things that will make you successful (the other 2 being able to read form/pick winners, and obtaining value). So, what's everyones view on this? Who suffers from ill discipline? Betting online has made it so so easy to become ill disciplined and you can often have an interest bet, just for something to do. Or bet on every race whilst sat in front of your laptop. The other thing is how often do you top up your betting accounts? Again, it's too easy 'just to put another £100' in your account. As it's online, it often doesn't feel like real money. Personally, these things have hampered me in the past and I've been guilty of chasing losses. However, I've learnt to control this now and am very pleased with how things are progressing. Interested in the views of others but, more importantly, how you propose to move forward and what you do to control or improve your discipline.:ok

Re: Discipline I'm quite pleased with myself on the discipline front. It was one of my big worries when i opened an internet account a year or so ago, that i would end up betting willy-nilly, especially as i'm at home all day watching the racing........:loon But i've found that i have no real compunction to bet regularly at all, probably average one or two a week. I've also not done a single 'multiple bet' since I opened the account. I only remember one occasion where i've chased, i.e. been really disappointed with a loser that i was sure was going to win and gone straight back on to put another bet in a later race in a fit of pique.........fortunately the second one won !.........but it would served me right if it had lost ! To be honest, I find I get the 'betting buzz' for free by doing the various competitions every day...........and it suprises me that i don't even get that 'grrrrr' feeling when I've put a good winner up in the comps, but haven't backed it. I haven't topped up my account since I opened it as I've been well in profit. Woo hoo !..................:tongue2

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.