football fixtures in grid format?

Re: football fixtures in grid format? oh yes, that's pipsqueek. perhaps i should explain a little more.. i want to import the fixture list from the net into excel every so often to make sure it is accurate (as dates change due to postponements and cup clashes etc) so i really need a grid that is updated so i can use it for reference.

Re: football fixtures in grid format?

oh yes' date=' that's pipsqueek.[/quote'] :rollin I've just got too much times on my hands sometimes... I was annoyed by not getting what "grid format" meant, so decided to make such a pipsqueek; according to your additional explanation, you probably won't need it, but if you don't find better solution, you may tweak this one: if you can get regular "table format" updated, the grid will update itself; here it is, right click and "Save As"; Excel 2003, 140 kB: www.gubbed.me/fair/excel_files/betting/Fixtures_Grid.xls There are three sheets; fixtures need to be entered in sheet "data"; I entered only two weeks of norwegian league, and it may be freely continued down; sheet "Grid", obviously, gives grid; sheet "intermediary" is there only because fixtures are not complete, so to avoid empty cells display as "0. January 1900"; once all the fixtures are complete, these two sheets will look exactly the same. Grid collects data untill row 2000, i.e., if there is more than 2000 matches (which doesn't happen, but just to let you know), formulas need to be updated, i.e., just range need to be updated. So, as I said, if you can achieve to keep fixtures in table format at sheet "data" updated, grid will be updated, too. Pay attention that all team names, in all three sheets, must be exactly the same, otherwise it won't work; I say this, because in these fixtures (taken from BetVirus) it appeared that Brann has had extra space when playing away (displaying as "Brann "), which, naturaly, didn't work. Also pay attention to cells format as data; if you simply copy/paste from site, it may change formats.

Re: football fixtures in grid format? great thanks for that mate. I think that may be the only way forward...... import a list of fixtures from a site into excel and then reformat automatically myself into a grid. does anyone know of a simple fixture list that imports cleanly into excel, ie without lots of messy ads that keep altering the layout? ideally id like the date on every row too rather than a heading for ten matches. not too picky am I?!