Monday 9 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Juventus v Chievo (19:45 BST) 1.33 5.31 12 102.17 %

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May

Event Lecce - Napoli
Selection Lecce
Strength 10/10
Date 08/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.25
Reasoning The end of season is arriving with high speed and many teams are getting their targets and start relaxing. Other teams are desperate and play all games like finals. This can be one of this examples. Napoli made a great season, they will play Champions League next season and despite they can reach the second place, they are not too much worried about it. Lecce, on the other side, is desperate, placed on relegation zone and with three games remaining, they need to get all the points they can. I think they will play with much more determination than Napoli today.

Event Lecce - Napoli
Selection Lecce
Strength 10/10
Date 08/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.25
Reasoning The end of season is arriving with high speed and many teams are getting their targets and start relaxing. Other teams are desperate and play all games like finals. This can be one of this examples. Napoli made a great season, they will play Champions League next season and despite they can reach the second place, they are not too much worried about it. Lecce, on the other side, is desperate, placed on relegation zone and with three games remaining, they need to get all the points they can. I think they will play with much more determination than Napoli today.
Without wanting to criticize you...your posts havent got any good reasoning The point of them should be to "convince" someone to follow your bet...saying that you think this will win is not good enough

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May A.S. ROMA host AC Milan tomorrow at Stadio Olimpico, kick off at 20:45. Roma coach Vincenzo Montella will be facing the Rosonerri without Daniel De Rossi and Simone Perotta who have both been handed a 3-match ban. On the other hand Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be coming back against Roma on Saturday. Pato, who was injured will be coming back as well but might have to sit on the bench alongside Antonio Cassano and Filippo Inzaghi who has been out since November 2010.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May A bit later than usual, but here are my selections: Genoa vs. Sampdoria I'm a bit annoyed that I missed the 2.75 on offer earlier in the week because I've had the feeling for Genoa ever since seeing the fixture but didn't get round to looking deeper until now. This match is a city derby and as usual is pretty fierce. The mayor of Genoa has given a message to the city stating that it would be better for the city as a whole if Samp stay up, but it wont affect Genoa as a team. They've been bobbing around in mid-table for a long time gaining results here and there but they should be bang up for this. Sending your city rivals down is something not often afforded to you and anyway, they are the better team. Genoa not in bad form recently. Losses against Juve and Napoli come either side of beating Lecce and Brescia at home who were both relegation battlers. They play 4-4-2 and may miss their captain Rossi. Dainelli and Kaladze have been a decent pair at CB but nothing special and they are prone to conceding a few goals. Futher forward Milanetto is an important player in the CM. He makes things tick for them and is their starting point. I've never really understood Rossi as a LM but he does a job and Rafinha has been good in patches this season on the right. Palacio and Floro Flores can be a real handful up front. They also have Destro and Paloschi on the bench- two young and fairly talented players. It more or less seems that one of Samp/Lecce will go down with Brescia and Bari. Crucially they obtained a last minute point against Brescia in a 3-3 draw. I didn't watch the match but to concede 3 against Brescia seems odd. Then again for Samp to score three themselves in mental too, so it must have been a strange game all-round. Da Costa is listed as the expected GK. It seems like a horrible time to change your 'keeper so Curci must have knock or something. A pretty usual midfield of Mannini-Tissone-Palombo-Laczko is decent and rather a bit like Genoa's actually. It's a bit lacking in any creativity centrally and I don't rate Tissone at all but he'll run for 90 minutes I suppose.The experiment continues up front and Biabiany and Pozzi look to be getting the nod. On paper it seems decent enough but neither is a player you'd want to rely on right now. Hard to see how Samp will approach this. A point would be taken I'm sure but I just don't know if they can get it. Cavasin seems to have destroyed the one thing they were decent at - defending. I think Genoa will be bang up for helping send them down and they are the better team. I'm on them. Genoa win - 2.60 - 6 points - Bet365

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May Annoyingly I lost the two write-ups so I'll have re-do them. Roma vs. Milan Roma come in needing the points badly for the race to 4th place. Beat Bari last week 3-2 which was much harder than it should be but they showed great spirit - especially Er Pupone. DDR and Perrotta are missing, who will be replaced by Brighi and Simplicio. DDR has been a shadow of himself all season so no great miss, and Perrotta is a jack of all trades. Should still be 4-2-3-1 with Taddei, Vucinic and Totti taking the other roles. I wouldn't be surprised to see it become a 4-3-3 if needed to deal with Milan's midfield. Milan have their mean D in place and with MvB are a real solid unit. Gattuso and Dorf should take the other roles with Pirlo and Ambrosini possible off the bench. A point will secure the title and I think they'll have that in mind to be honest. They have failed to dispatch chances in the absence of Ibra, but he hasn't been himself for a while. Pato is the key player and we may see him from the bench. Roma will have the greater impetus but Milan are a real unit these days. Could well dominate the midfield and I can see Roma having to really scrap for chances. Ibra could come back and shatter the Roma D but I don't see it happening for some reason. Under 2.5 goals - 2.00 - 4 points - Bet365 Inter vs. Fiorentina Could be an interesting match this. Neither has much to play for as their positions are relatively settled. Inter are strangely touted to adopt a 4-4-2 with Maicon and Zanetti on the right and Chivu and Nagatomo on the left. I guess this would be to counter La Viola's wide threat but it seems a little unnecessary to me. It also leaves them weak going forward. Motta would somehow be expected to provide from the CM. Eto'o would have to be on his grind up top to create chances, which is possible, but the situation is obviously problematic. 4-3-1-2 could be deployed as usual with Kharja in the hole but I don't think Leo trusts him, and rightly to be honest. I have a general rule to look to oppose Inter without Sneijder and Fiorentina could cause issues for them. La Viola spanked Udinese 5-2 last weekend with an offensive display based on great wing play. Cerci and Vargas tore holes in the D being served by D'agostino in his preferred deep role. They aren't mugs defensively either and will certainly be an obstacle in this match. They could be contained by the double wing defenders of Inter in a 4-4-2 but would obviously benefit in the lack of offensive threat posed to them as a result. One on one I'd fancy Vargas and Cerci to do some real damage down those wings and Gila is a poacher of course. the way Lucio and Rannochia have been playing, he'll be licking his lips at the thought of finding the gaps in the area. In sum, I don't like Inter in this to be honest, certainly not at that price. La Viola will be feeling the best they have all season and I think they'll get at them here. Fiorentina +0.75 - 2.00 - 3 points Fiorentina win - 5.00 - 0.5 points. Both Bet365 Here's hoping for a 2-0 Roma win...:tongue2

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May I just don't understand these odds. I do agree that Milan can still win the title even if they fail tonight while Roma simply can't afford not to win if they have any intention to play in the Champions League next season, but, that doesn't has any relevance on the pitch. For me, there's no question that Milan are the best team in the league. Home or road, they are the best. And assuming that they will enter the pitch "thinking" that nothing bad happens if they don't win tonight, is a very wrong option if you ask me. The market seems to like Roma more and odds keep rising on Milan. Close to +0.25 or even level ball, but this can't be accurate if based on their strenght. The Romans have had and better times during the season, for exampe against Chievo recently when they simply played quality football, but unfortunatelly, that isn't a very solid trend and the bad times prevail. They still have to work on their defence while Vucinic and his mates should hit the target more often. Adding that Perrotta and De Rossi - two important Roma players - are both banned, while Milan welcome back Ibra and Pato, I just think the visitors deserve a favorite statute tonight. Milan to win tonight & Milan to win the title in Italy. Milan (0) @ 2.16 188bet

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May Udinese-Lazio: figures and curios Out of 35 matches played in Serie A 2010/2011, Udinese has won 18 so far: it is their second best performance in history in the Italian championship. The Friulians’ best-ever record is of 19 wins, achieved in 1997/1998. Guidolin's squad has scored 61 goals out of 35 days, just a step away from their record (62 goals, 1997/1998). Lazio's last draw in an official match dates back to February, 6th, when they drew 1-1 against Chievo. In the successive 11 days, Lazio achieved 6 wins and suffered 5 defeats. In case he takes the field, Christian Brocchi would reach 100 presences with Lazio’s shirt. His current 99 are divided as follows: 87 in Serie A, 8 in Coppa Italia, 3 in the European Cups and one in other tournaments. His official debut with Lazio dates back to August, 31st, 2008 (Cagliari-Lazio, 1-4).

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May ´

Event Cagliari - Cesena
Selection Cesena
Strength 10/10
Date 08/05/2011
Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 2.54
Reasoning It is time to Cesena wake up and fight for the maintenance. They are two points over the relegation zone with three games remaining. Their future is in their hands but continue like that, thye must to win today. Last week they lost against Inter but they were leading the score and they balanced the game against the giant. They were pretty well and they go for this game to win. Cagliari is secure on the table and has nothing to fight for. They are coming from two defeats and they will miss the injured Nene and Francesco Pisano, and Andrea Cossu suspended. Cesena has the full fit squad.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May Italian Soccer 2010-2011 18W-7L-9P +11.20 units (72.00%) Inter -134 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Even with the league wrapped up with AC Milan winning I still expect they wont lay it down. Inter has won 9 of the last 10 of these matchups

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May Inter milan to beat Fiorentina 4/6 paddy power Inter look to try and cement 2nd spot in serie a they've got a really strong home record of only loosing one at home all season drawing 3 and winning 13 on the other hand fiorentina have only managed 3 victorys on the road this seasonFiroentina don't really have anything to play for now inter will expect a victory here and stay 2nd in the serie a :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May Uh Oh...Matrix-Rannochia partnership with Chivu at LB. I think things could get a bit messy for Inter. Looks like they have gone with the usual formation with Coutinho in the hole. Quite a weak line-up in my opinion. Come on La Viola!

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May INTER: Julio Cesar 1, 13 Maicon, 15 Ranocchia, 23 Materazzi, 26 Chivu, 4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 14 Kharja; 29 Coutinho, Pazzini 7, 9 Eto'o. FIORENTINA: 84 Boruc, 29 De Silvestri, 5 Gamberini, 14 Natali, 23 Pasqual, 85 Behrami, 21 D'Agostino, 18 Montolivo; 24 Cerci, 11 Gilardino, Vargas 6. Materazzi for Lucio, Chivu for Nagatomo, Coutinho for Sneijder..Clearly weakened..It will be interesting to see Inter today when Milan is celebrating the scudetto already, Inter playing for 2nd place..Fiorentina is on a good run, only one loss in the last 10 games..Beat Udinese 5-2 in the last game Fiorentina +0.5 2.14 @ Pinnacle (5pts) :hope

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May Sampdoria are more close to Serie B than ever with only one point and one position clear the relegation zone. Also taking into account that they will play Palermo and Roma in the last two rounds, the only good result tonight would be a win and pick up the three points. Genoa seemingly play for nothing and they might look an easy mark for super-motivated Sampa, but let's not forget that both teams are from the same city and both play on the same stadium. Home match for both, while Genoa fans will simply love to see Sampdoria relegated. With nothing but pride left at the stake this season, Genoa will probably play their last match of the season with something at the stake - beating Sampdoria and "help" them relegate. As for strenght....well, Genoa have been one of the most solid home teams in the Serie A, while we can't really say the same thing about their city-rivals, who've been irregular and pathetic at times, or otherwise they wouldn't be in this situation. Omar Milanetto, Dario Dainelli and Rodrigo Palacio are back from suspension for Genoa. Both teams in full strenght. Bet: Genoa (0) @ 1.88 IBC

Italian Soccer 2010-2011 18W-7L-9P +11.20 units (72.00%) Inter -134 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Even with the league wrapped up with AC Milan winning I still expect they wont lay it down. Inter has won 9 of the last 10 of these matchups
:cow

Genoa win - 2.60 - 6 points - WIN
The match turned into a free-for-all in the second half with zero structure to the match. Both struggled to keep the ball for more than 5 seconds. Genoa were poor, but Samp barely threatened and then fcuking Eduardo added another calamity to his collection this season. Thankfully, out of nowhere, Boselli provided a moment of class to carry the win.
Roma vs. Milan Under 2.5 goals - 2.00 - 4 points - WIN Fiorentina +0.75 - 2.00 - 3 points - LOSS Fiorentina win - 5.00 - 0.5 points - LOSS
Bit disappointed with this because Inter were there for the taking. Fiorentina's poor defending cost them dearly and their midfield wasn't able to assert itself to build more threatening chances. A missed opp I feel. Around +10 points for the weekend which is very nice indeed after a couple of low profit weeks.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May ultravires, What do you think about the Juve v Chievo match? Odds would suggest an easy win for Juve here, but Chievo IMO are no pushovers and will make it hard for Juve. Have travelled recently to places like San Siro and Rome and been quite competitive...although losing both matches. Traditionally Chievo appear to play quite well against Juve, rarely seem to get beat up and often game ends with Juve 1-0 win. Maybe some value in that?

Re: Italy - Serie A - 7-9 May I'd probably just stay away to be honest. Juventus are back in the race for 4th place with a win tonight and with Chievo being safe it's hard to know how they will play. They've lost 4 of their last 5 on the road. Having said that Juventus are awfully short and have fell to lower opponents countless times this season. They have only won by a 2 goal margin twice since the turn of the year. The Asian line is set at 1,1.5 (2.15 for Chievo on the plus). It's a tempting line, but I'm going to leave it alone. Maybe some small stakes on 1-0 and 2-0 Juventus - nothing big at all because I just can't trust this Juve.

I'd probably just stay away to be honest. Juventus are back in the race for 4th place with a win tonight and with Chievo being safe it's hard to know how they will play. They've lost 4 of their last 5 on the road. Having said that Juventus are awfully short and have fell to lower opponents countless times this season. They have only won by a 2 goal margin twice since the turn of the year. The Asian line is set at 1' date='1.5 (2.15 for Chievo on the plus). It's a tempting line, but I'm going to leave it alone. Maybe some small stakes on 1-0 and 2-0 Juventus - nothing big at all because I just can't trust this Juve.[/quote'] I trust in the italian Serie A instead. Are there matches in the end of the league, in which one team needs a victory for international qualification or to avoid of getting relegated, these teams mostly get that victory, if the the clubs are not rivals (like yesterday Genua vs. samdoria). A good example is the match Lecce vs Napoli from yesterday. Napoli was 2nd place and already safe in CL for next season. Lecce was on Relegation place 18. They won 2:1, Napoli was playing super weak. So in my eyes,,same procedure today. Juve needs three points. they will win that game (hopefully just with 0ne goal difference).

I trust in the italian Serie A instead. Are there matches in the end of the league, in which one team needs a victory for international qualification or to avoid of getting relegated, these teams mostly get that victory, if the the clubs are not rivals (like yesterday Genua vs. samdoria). A good example is the match Lecce vs Napoli from yesterday. Napoli was 2nd place and already safe in CL for next season. Lecce was on Relegation place 18. They won 2:1, Napoli was playing super weak. So in my eyes,,same procedure today. Juve needs three points. they will win that game (hopefully just with 0ne goal difference).
lol this is why i don't bet on Juve anymore..they were leading 2-0 with ease and with it 2 mins they concede 2 goals and FT 2-2 seria a...got to love it:puke

It really is quite incredible. I don't think I've seen such a strong example of a jekyl and hyde team in respect of performances against the big and small clubs. It's mental.
they have some quality players aswell...maybe its more behind the scenes:$