** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 +12.17 for me and I'm going with one this afternoon. 4pts Bangalore vs Kings XI - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill These two sides have some real big hitters in their ranks and this line looks a little low on a Bangalore wicket which we've seen over the last 2 and a half months is superb for batting and on a ground which is far from the biggest going around. The likes of Gayle, Gilchrist, de Villiers and Hussey are extreme hitters of a cricket balls then throw in the likes of Dilshan, Kohli, Marsh, Valthaty and even players like Zaheer and Praveen Kumar and there's a lot of hitting potential. These two attacks are good in name but both have had spells of leather chasing in this tournament so far. This line has been covered in the last two at Bangalore and I expect the hat trick to be completed this afternoon.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

+12.17 for me and I'm going with one this afternoon. 4pts Bangalore vs Kings XI - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill These two sides have some real big hitters in their ranks and this line looks a little low on a Bangalore wicket which we've seen over the last 2 and a half months is superb for batting and on a ground which is far from the biggest going around. The likes of Gayle, Gilchrist, de Villiers and Hussey are extreme hitters of a cricket balls then throw in the likes of Dilshan, Kohli, Marsh, Valthaty and even players like Zaheer and Praveen Kumar and there's a lot of hitting potential. These two attacks are good in name but both have had spells of leather chasing in this tournament so far. This line has been covered in the last two at Bangalore and I expect the hat trick to be completed this afternoon.
Really like this bet, totally agree and the boundaries arent the biggest, same bet at paddy power.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Good work guys. Gayle is a fxcking beast. Tomorrows first game should be a cracker. Can't pick a winner out of the two; neither a confident 1st six over bet. Slyly feel Over 9.5 will be achieved but I'll swerve. Going with two. - 1pt Top Chennai Batsman: Suresh Raina @ 9/2 [Coral] Generous price on Raina to top score from Coral tomorrow especially in light of his recent form. His last three innings have been 61, a top-scoring 59 and 34*. He started slowly in IPL4 but has picked up the pace recently and has been one of Chennai's best players in recent weeks. He is the IPL's all time top run scorer and trust me he's not there out of coincidence. Top player of spin and at #3 he should have plenty of time to anchor the innings. Haven't ventured into the Top Bat markets so far but at this price he's worth a dabble definitely. - 1pt ew Top Kolkata Batsman: Manoj Tiwary @ 13/2 [Coral] Again another generous price from Coral for Tiwary who, like Raina, has been in impressive form in recent weeks. His last six innings have gone 1, 33, 34 and a top-scoring 61, a top scoring 46 and 30*. Due to the unpredictable nature of Eoin Morgan at the top of the order and the recent bad form of Jaques Kallis, Tiwary has been in earlier than usual lately and he's taking his chance almost every time. Very solid player and a sly big-hitter too. He's well in excess of 200 runs so far in IPL4 and I can't understand why Coral have priced him so nicely. He can be found at 5/1 at several other bookmakers yet Coral have him at 13/2 with the payout on any place in the top 3 which he's done in 5 of his last 6 matches. At #4 tomorrow, he should get a nice amount of time in and providing he doesn't uncharacteristically flop like he did two days ago then he should at least place tomorrow, if not top score.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 And a couple for the second match too. - 3pts Sachin Tendulkar (-1.5runs) vs Virender Sehwag @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] I was inching very close to taking Sehwag under 30 performance points @ EVS via Bet365 but I saw this and thought it's worth more of a bite. Sehwag is effectively a 1-man team in Delhi. If he goes early then they're fxcked and to be honest there's not much of a better bowling attack than the Mumbai one to keep him under wraps. Malinga, Harbhajan and Munaf Patel should be more than adept to keep him tied down and we saw the other day that despite him ending with a trail-blazing hundred much to my demise, he should've been out long before he eventually departed, twice. Sachin is a lot more reliable, he's practically held the Orange Cap since the beginning of the tournament and already has a century to his name at the Wankhede in this tournament. He also scored an unbeaten 50 against this Delhi bowling attack towards the beginning of the tournament and I think he has the beating of his international opening partner tomorrow. - 4pts Player Performance: Munaf Patel: 26&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] Munaf Patel won't bat tomorrow so this is a wicket and a catch and I think it's well within his reach. He hasn't gone lower than this in his last three games and I don't think the trend will stop tomorrow. He is a very handy bowler who often bowls tight lines that cause frustration to batsmen or genuine edges. He has taken at least one wicket in his last five matches and he is always in the game somewhere in the field. He took an absolute blinder to capture Yuvraj at 3rd mam the other day and in the first six overs he's usually at somewhere like mid-wicket which is never too far away from the action. It may not even come down to that though. I can see a lot of Delhi wickets falling tomorrow and he should get 4 overs in which should mean him getting at least one. I was so close to taking him at this line last match but didn't risk it, he ended up with a wicket and a catch. Match before: two wickets. Match before that: Two wickets. Not missing out again. - 3pts Sixes Matchbet: Mumbai @ 23/20 [bet365] Another market that depends largely on Sehwag. If Sehwag comes off then this is down the drain but I've already mentioned before that Mumbai have the talent in their bowling to tie even the best batsmen down. There are not going to be many sixes off Malinga, Harbhajan and Munaf at all. That's 12 overs gone already. Even Ali Murtaza has proven to be quite economical of late which again, restricts the DLF potential for the Daredevils. Looking at Mumbai though and Sachin, Rayudu, Sharma, Symonds and Pollard can all do damage. Pollard got a little time in the middle the other day too which helps and to be honest, even the erratic Jacobs can hurt sides when he wants to. Suman came into the side the other day and hit 36 off something like 15 balls to add to this. The Delhi bowling attack isn't the most watertight. Pathan, Hopes and Agarkar can all be targeted and I think Mumbai are worth a small play here at a fairly respectable price.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

LOSS - 1pt Top Chennai Batsman: Suresh Raina @ 9/2 [Coral] PLACE - 1pt ew Top Kolkata Batsman: Manoj Tiwary @ 13/2 [Coral] WIN - 3pts Sachin Tendulkar (-1.5runs) vs Virender Sehwag @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] WIN - 4pts Player Performance: Munaf Patel: 26&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] WIN - 3pts Sixes Matchbet: Mumbai @ 23/20 [bet365]
+9.41 after a clean sweep in the second game. The pressure told on Raina early on and Tiwary's search for top bat was ended early. Makes up for yesterday's unfortunate events. Onto tomorrow then and I'm going with one. - 4pts Player Performance: Virat Kohli 29&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] Big fan of Virat Kohli. He seemingly came out of nowhere and has quickly affirmed himself as one of the best batsmen around. I'm not usually a fan of backing a player in the player performance market who can only make his points with the bat but in Kohli, you have a fair chance. His last six innings read scores of: 27, 67, 56, 30*, 35 and 71. Those alone tell you what kind of form he's in and the kind of consistency he brings to the Bangalore side at #3. Top, top batsman with a mature head on his shoulders. What secretly helps this out too is the fact that he's a top fielder. He took two catches against Kolkata a few weeks back and Vettori always has him somewhere important. In the beginning he's either at point or cover and at the death he's always at deep mid-wicket or long on. I don't think he'll need a catch tomorrow to clear these overs but a cheap 10pts is always on offer. 29 runs is minor for him though. Overs for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Kohli just brang up his 29th performance point so that's +3.32 for the 1st match. Gayle's hitting at the beginning of their innings was something else. 37 runs off an over is a complete madness :loon Really fancy Kings to beat Pune tonight at EVS but I'm just going to swerve it altogether and not be greedy. Back tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Glad I stayed away from the second game. Sitting at -4.79 the tournament. Two winners tomorrow and I will return to profit for the tournament for the first time since the 1st match. Going in with two: - 3pts Rajasthan Royals (vs. Chennai Super Kings) @ 7/5 [sportingbet] Chennai have lost four out of five matches away from home. Infact, the only match they've won away from home came against Pune which is nothing to shout about at all. Rajasthan on the contrary, have won all but one match at their home ground in Jaipur so it doesn't really take rocket science to see why I've sided with them here. They're a side that isn't blessed with buckets of talent but under Warne, they have a sense of unity in their side which is what many other sides in the competition don't. Warne announced his retirement from all forms of cricket this week too and the sentimental factor that comes with all that only aids the home side. Last week Chennai turned over this team by 8 wickets at the Chidambaram but here in Jaipur it will be a different matter. It should turn a lot more to favour the pretty seam heavy attack that Rajasthan own. Warne, Trivedi, Amit Singh and Johan Botha have enough in their armoury to tie down the stuttering Chennai line up and I think at this price they're worth a small bite. - 4pts Rahul Dravid (-0.5 runs) vs. Murali Vijay @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Murali Vijay has been incredibly out of sorts in recent weeks for the Super Kings. His last five innings read 5, 5, 31, 31. He has not looked like the player he used to be in recent editions of this tournament when he was one of the most sought after players and there have been calls for him to be dropped. Rahul Dravid on the other hand has looked as imperious as ever lately; especially in his last knock against this very side last week. Recent scores of 66, 18, 5, 44 and 8 don't really paint the most glowing picture ever but I think that he has the beating of his Indian counterpart tomorrow. The pitch at Jaipur should turn a bit more and we all know Warne likes to open up with some pace off the ball. Murali Vijay's last four dismissals have ALL been due to spin and Johan Botha trapped him plum infront a mere five days ago. Dravid has enough class to handle anything bowled at him so I'll play he covers this handicap tomorrow and that Vijay has another stinker.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 RR vs CSK Player performance Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings - Twenty20 - A Menaria 24 & over @5/6 bet365. Think this lads a decent cricketer, has ability with the ball, will get assistance on this pitch and he does strike the ball well, reminds me of a younger Yuvraj Singh, think the line is a little low, so will take my chance.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 +15.50 overall for me. Going with one today. 3pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Chennai Super Kings 7/5 Sportingbet I like Rajasthan this afternoon. They know they really have to win this to keep realistic hopes of making the post season alive and with Warne announcing his retirement the other day I'm sure his players will want to send him off with another IPL win so this would be a big game for them. They have a sensational record at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium. They haven't lost many there in IPL history and it's only a well drilled Kolkata side who have won there this season as well. Rajasthan have won the other four matches there. Chennai in contrast have only won one away game which was at stranded at the bottom Pune which isn't a huge form boost. Royals have won both Indian IPL home matches against Chennai and when they played in 2008 Chennai never even made 110. I appreciate Chennai beat Rajasthan recently but that was in Chennai. Conditions here are much different and I don't see how Warne's men are 7/5 here. With that in mind I'll take the hosts to keep up their impressive record in this stadium this afternoon.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 I knew from the moment that Murali Vijay was dropped on 4 runs that that bet was going to be a loser. And it was. -7.00 for the day. One in tomorrow's first match. - 4pts Sixes Matchbet: Pune Warriors @ 11/10 [bluesq] I genuinely think tomorrow's match is a coin toss. Bottom two teams in the league. Horrible records. Key players not producing. Questionable captains, the list goes on! I can't really pick anything with confidence and that's reflected in the mahority of markets priced at 10/11 on both sides. This one I like though. In Ryder, Pandey, Uthappa and Yuvraj, you have four players that can genuinely clear boundaries on 98% of pitches worldwide. Their record in this tournament speaks for itself too. They hit 7 DLF's against the Mumbai Indians (which is pretty impressive), 6 against Bangalore, 6 against the Super Kings. They only hit 2 against the Kings XI last week, but at the same time they only conceded one so they still won the matchbet. Going back to earlier in the tournament its more of the same. Deccan don't hit that many. Yes they (or should I say Duminy) hit 4 against Delhi last match, but everyone knows he should've been out long before he got anywhere near a half century. I don't know why it took so long for Pune to realise that their batting order wasn't right. Ryder, Pandey, Uthappa and Singh is the correct top 4 and providing there's a decent foundation set, there will be maximums. Deccan have a good bowling line up but some naturally aggressive players against a misfiring Ojha, Mishra and Dan Christian's dobblers spell trouble for me. Pune to take this one in my eyes.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Mumbai play Kings in Match #2 tomorrow and to be honest, Mumbai look unstoppable right now. Sportingbet haven't got the handicap lines up just yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting involved when they do. Similarly, I want to get involved on the Munaf Patel player performance bet again but I'll sleep on that one and see if it's calling me in the morning. - 5pts Sixes Matchbet: Mumbai Indians @ 10/11 [stan James] I don't even need to say to explain in that much depth but i'll do it in six words. Sachin. Rayudu. Sharma. Symonds. Pollard. There's not many other teams that can provide that kind of six potential in the world. They've hit at least five in four of their last six matches and I only see more of the same tomorrow. In Malinga, Munaf, Harbhajan as well their won't be that many conceded. Kings XI have been mis-firing alot lately. They have only hit five sixes in their last four matches. Their firepower comes at the top of the order in Gilchrist, Valthaty and Marsh and they're not going to exactly be having a party first up against the bowling on offer from Mumbai. This same line is as low as 1.61 with Bet365, Skybet and Boyles. The danger here is that Kings bat first and get skittled out very cheaply. Sachin prods along to the total, ensuring that he'll wear that Orange Cap and doesn't play too adventurously. It has happened before but despite that, the 1.91 offer is a price that definitely represents value in the medium chance that the above won't happen; I'll play with a confident-ish stake.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 I suppose with the IPL you have to expect drastic collapses like that but never expected it to be Mumbai. Pune duly delivered the maximums but still the day ends -0.60. Annoyingly Munaf went and took five wickets which would've restored made the day a profitable one had I pulled the trigger on that. Looking ahead to tomorrows match then and I think it's one to steer clear from. Everyone would immediately think Bangalore to win but I can't get on them at odds of 8/15. Dilshan has left already and with so much hindering on Gayle I can't really pick anything with confidence. If Gayle goes early then it ****s Bangalore to win, overs on the sixes and highest 1st 6 overs. Can't play on that kinda unpredictabilty so no bet for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Been quiet for a few days. Back for tomorrow's double header. -12.79 for the tournament. - 4pts Total Sixes: Over 9.5 @ 5/6 [skyBet] I'm very skeptical about Chris Gayle. I am almost certain he's gonna have a game where he gets out for under 10 real soon and it'll be interesting to see how Bangalore fare when that happens. I hate playing on something where he one player is quite pivotal in the outcome of the result but I have to admit I'm quite pleased to be on the overs here. I've been on overs once in the six-game Gayle revolution. That turned out to be the only match he's played so far where he didn't hit more than one ffs. You have to look at the facts here though and one has to say that he has hit THIRTY sixes in his 6-game spell. That's just f*cked. If he gets 6 overs in today this is half cleared. Small boundaries here at Bangalore too and with Kohli, De Villiers, Pathan, Kallis, Tiwary and more on show. I think this is well within reach. - 6pts Virat Kohli (-1.5runs) vs. Eoin Morgan @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Massive fan of Virat Kohli as already said in this thread. He's a top, top player and he has been massively consistent so far this tournament. He's fourth in the Top Runscorer list right now with an average of 55 yet a top score of 71. That shows you how consistent he's been with the 40 and 50 run innings he's been chipping in with. If Gayle goes early, you can count on him to anchor the innings whereas if Gayle is going mad you already know Kohli will be getting himself in at the other end doing his own thing. I like this handicap against Morgan too. I still think Morgan is slowly finding his feet in this competition and if I'm going to be truthful I don't think that he knows or Kolkata know the best place for him in their line up. Happy to be on the Bangalore #3 on this one in home conditions.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Two for the 2nd game and it's a case of lightning striking twice within a few weeks of each other. - 6pts Sixes Matchbet: Mumbai Indians @ 11/10 [bluesq] It seems like every match that Deccan play, I oppose them in some way with sixes. It seems like every match Mumbai play, I back them in some way with sixes. When these two played two weeks ago. I got on Mumbai, at the same price, with the same bookmaker. It was a winner with Mumbai running out comfortable 5-1 winners. I can only see the same again I have no idea how they are odds against to win this. Mad potential in the middle order against a side who don't hit that many sixes. Bet356 have the right idea with this at 1.66 over there. The 2.10 on offer here has to be taken. Mumbai don't collapse too often, you wont see them all out for under 100 probably ever again. Deccan on the other hand are trash. Expect the Mumbai bowlers to give them a hard time tomorrow and their LONG ass batting line up to clear the ropes on more than the odd occasion. - 4pts Player Performance: Munaf Patel 22&Over @ 5/6 [bet365] Repeating what I said last time I got on this. Munaf Patel has taken at least one wicket in his last six matches. Infact very recently, he took a five-for. That's some impressive shit in any match let alone a Twenty20. He is also one of the best fielders in the competition so a catch is never too far away. I expect him to take two wickets too. I can see a few Deccan wickets falling tomorrow, Munaf is good enough to take two of them. Mumbai should win this and affirm their status as the #1 team around. Patel to clear 22 for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 -5.00 yesterday after Mumbai caved in again and Patel uncharacteristically did nothing. Going with one ahead of the second match today. - 4pts Total Sixes: Under 10.5 @ 5/6 [WillHill] I've looked at all of the matches played at Kochi in the beginning of the tournament and found that this line has only been cleared once. Infact that was the first match that was played here and it was mainly due to AB De Villiers going mad and hitting five of the twelve sixes seen on that day. Since then, there have never been eleven sixes. The Nehru stadium has never really been a featherbed to bat on. THe last five innings first-innings scores here have seen scores of 156, 157, 131, 129 and 161. I see Jayawardene and Dravid doing a lot of the batting here so that should help things along a bit. Players like Mccullum/Watson/Taylor have the ability to cover half of this line by themselves but to be honest, they have been quite shit in recent weeks. There's enough talent in the bowling attacks of each side to keep things a bit tight here especially Rajasthan so I'll play on the fact that this will be another low scoring game, with not too many maximums.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Jesus Christ I thought I had a chance when Kochi needed only 97 to win and I had 7 sixes to play with. Of course though today was the 2nd time in two weeks a big-hitter has got out on a no-ball and gone on to fxck me over when being on unders. Annoying.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Been quiet for a few days but I fancy one ahead of Chennai's home match with Kochi tomorrow. - 6pts Total Sixes: Over 7.5 @ 5/6 [WillHill] I saw this line and thought this was a touch low. Definitely feel that eight sixes is achievable tomorrow with some decent hitters of the ball on show in a stadium that has been a decent track to bat on so far. Vijay, Raina, Badrinath, Dhoni and Albie Morkel are all prevelant hitters of the white cherry for this Chennai side. Brendan Mcculum likewise is a mammoth hitter as we all know. He's been pissing me off lately though, he's been doing some Usain Bolt shit down the track to some 145kmph bowlers in recent games and has been getting out way too early making him look like a complete twat in the process. In the absence of Jayawardene, he should step his game up and stay in for 10 overs. If he does that then this will look good. If he doesn't though, Kochi still pack DLF potential in Patel, Hodge, Jadeja and Owais Shah so I will play on overs here. Barring a complete 1st innings collapse, then this should be all good; especially if Chennai bat first.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Today went pretty much as planned so +5.00 for the day. -16.79 for the tournament. - 4pts Sixes Matchbet: Pune Warriors @ 11/8 [boyles] This price is just ridiculous. I've said it before in this thread that I think Pune are probably the most reliable team when it comes to hitting sixes and to have them at this price against probably the worst team to hit them means it just must be taken. First and foremost, the ground here in Mumbai is easily clearable. There have been at least 10 sixes here in every one of the last five to be played on this ground. Kolkata on the other hand are just not really firing in the DLF department this year. I did some digging and I have found that in their 12 matches so far, they've only scored 33 sixes in total. Simple maths tells you that that's not that many per game; 2.75 to be exact. When you put that into perspective, Chris Gayle has hit 32 alone since he joined Bangalore! Manoj Tiwary and Yusuf Pathan have hit 23 of those 33 meaning the rest have only contributed 10 maximums in 12 games. That's just trash. Compare that with Pune now and you have a side who have hit a total number of 59 sixes so far at just under 5 per game on average. Jesse Ryder, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey and Yuvraj Singh are four NATURAL hitters of the ball. There is not a single boundary in the world that is long enough for any of them and if one of them come off tomorrow this is all wrapped up. Add Ganguly to the mix and well it only make things better. The problem is with Pune that they often suffer from HORRIBLE batting collapses. They've been four wickets down at fifty runs several times this tournament which is a worry. Having said that though, they still pack DLF potential in low-scoring innings at this ground. Last match out against Deccan, they only scored 136, yet hit seven sixes here. Mumbai strangled them to 139, yet they scored seven again. Six came when they scored 141 against Delhi. They're strong at home with the sixes and I think when you factor in all the above and their opponents, they should not be this price to win this. Kolkata have never hit seven sixes in any of their twelve innings so far AND they haven't played in over a week. There is always the threat of Yusuf going bonkers but I'll chance my arm here and play that Pune deliver again and the generosity that Boyles have offered here pays off.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Probably the best bowling performance from Kolkata I've ever seen. Cannot envisage Pune restricting them so much that there is not a single six so can effectively rule this one out at half time. :\

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 -20.79 for the tournament. One good day would turn everything around. * utters a small prayer for tomorrow to be that day * One for the first match. - 6pts Total Sixes: Over 11.5 @ 5/6 [WillHill] Tomorrows match is going to be played at Dharamasala which is just happens to be one of the smallest stadiums in the whole of India. There have been two matches here so far and they have amassed 31 DLF's off the willow. They were recent too. Two games ago, 170 played 141 and there were still 12. I haven't even mentioned the way the ball was flying off Adam Gilchrist's bat a few days ago as he finally found his range. The Royal Challengers only hit 121, losing wickets at regular intervals and they hit 4 with even guys at #10 clearing the ropes. There are some semi big-hitters in each side too, especially with Kings. Gilchrist, Valthaty, Marsh, Hussey, Sohal, Dhawan are all capable of ensuring this comes in. Deccan have been very good at strangling opponents with their bowling recently which is a worry but despite this I think there are good opportunities for big hitting tomorrow with a plethora of spinners and medium pacers. One-bounce fours turn into maximums here so I'm glad to be on overs for tomorrows opener.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 I think there is mileage in Pune to beat Deccan tomorrow at 19/20 but I'll pass on that one to be safe. Going with two: - 4pts Total Pune Sixes: Over 4.5 @ 5/6 [Ladbrokes] Pune don't fail on the sixes too often. Yes they flopped last time out but as I mentioned in that match, I've never seen Kolkata bowl like that before. Delhi Daredevils don't have the quality in their line up that Kolkata possess so I think we can dismiss that as a minor blip. Ryder, Uthappa, Yuvraj, Pandey and Ganguly can clear most boundaries in the world more often than not so against a Delhi side without a potent bowler in their ranks, I think they can do it. Delhi Darevils have conceded at least four sixes in each of their last four matches too which bodes well for this. Pune hit maximums when batting first as well as chasing so I will play that they hit five tomorrow. - 3pts Player Performance: Robin Uthappa 31&Over 5/6 [WillHill] Been a fan of Uthappa for a long time now and I think this is on the generous side from Bet365. 31 points for a Top4 batsman and a wicket-keeper is easily within reach for Uthappa. In each of Pune's last 6 games, he has either taken a catch or got himself a stumping. Or both! With two pacemen opening the bowling a catch/edge is always on the cards. Likewise with at least 8 overs of spin on offer, a stumping is close too. Despite that though 31 is capable with the wand. If Pune finally see sense and leave Callum Ferguson on the bench, Uthappa will be in at #3 which is more than enough time for him to get these runs. His form with the willow has been patchy lately but he has too much quality to be away from a big innings soon.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Deccan proved once again that they're bowling unit was a very strong one and also proved why I opposed them for so long in the sixes. How many other teams will score 198 but only hit four sixes in one of the smallest grounds in India ffs. Will be back after this Degale fight for tomorrows epic double header.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Stuttering progress. -6.00 for the day. Completely avoiding the first game between RCB and CSK. Both teams are assured of qualification, there's rain about and alot of this match pins on Gayle. I am not willing to chance anything there. Going in with two more orthadox picks for the second game in what is a must win game for both parties: - 4pts Kolkata Knight Riders (vs. Mumbai Indians) @ 11/8 [WillHill] At one point in this tournament, it looked like Mumbai were going to walk this IPL as they were literally obliterating anyone who came in their path. Their top order were firing, Tendulkar held the Orange Cap for an age and Malinga was destroying every stump in sight. Those days are long gone though and the air of invincibility they were slowly building has all but abated. Their bowling is still pretty watertight which they can take as a big positive. It's just that their batting line-up (which features ridiculous amount of talent) has just gone to shit. Their last three innings read sorry scores of 133, 125 and 87 which has consequently lead to three straight defeats. I don't think coming to Eden Gardens (which is a notoriously difficult track to bat on) against a well-balanced Kolkata side is what they need right now ESPECIALLY after they produced a brilliant bowling performance last time out against the Warriors. Mumbai haven't found a solid opening partnership yet and Tendulkar bats way too slowly. I think getting Gambhir opening with Kallis is a perfect move for KKR. Tiwary and Yusuf should get more time at the crease as a result and the handy all-rounders of Shakib and Tendo are more than capable of causing damage late on. I think the Mumbai guys are in for a tough one tomorrow and I am going with my outright pick KKR for the win at a good price. If Mumbai bat first too I will also be looking to hit any kind of unders on their innings score. If the market opens up at anything like 140.5, unders would be a good way to go. Obviously we shall see what happens at the toss tomorrow. - 4pts Total Sixes: Under 8.5 @ 5/6 [WillHill] Tough track to bat on. Stuttering batting form from Mumbai and a conservative side in Kolkata just screams unders to me. If you excuse the one time Gayle went crazy here, this ground has never seen 9 sixes. The 1st Innings scores here this season read, 114, 119, 171, 131, 162, 83. The two high scores you see there have been from KKR themselves which mean the rest (all pretty modest totals) have all been from the away side. KKR know how to bowl here and when they get it right, they're untouchable. In the scores of 171 and 162, four and three sixes were scored respectively. They're just not a team conclusive to six hitting and this is not a ground conclusive to that either. Yes we have the players here that can do it but we also having top bowling sides too and if you weigh everything up, unders is where the smart money will go. So I'll play.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Good odds for KKR, especially considering MI have lost their last 3 games (2 of them quite convincingly). Also, if Bangalore win the first game, KKR will have everything to play for as winning will most likely get them a top 2 finish based on NRR, whereas it will be almost impossible for MI to make up the .5 NRR needed to finish second.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Yeah mate I was quite surprised to see WillHill offer 2.38. They've now cut them to 2.25 which is also what they are generally across most bookies. With Bangalore winning this game pretty convincingly too it looks good for KKR to finish in the Top 2 should they beat Mumbai. Should be a cracker.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 KKR have played 14 matches this season in the IPL and have NEVER hit seven sixes in an innings. 175 will take some chasing at Eden Gardens though so should fingers crossed KKR keep it tight to ensure profit for the day.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Can anyone tell me why Kolkata are still 1.70 to win? MI need almost 11 an over! EDIT - just as I typed this Tendulkar goes and price goes to 1.30...:lol No idea why people don't fancy KKR but looks like some good money to be made. They should be favourites for the title at the moment.