** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 7pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Pune Warriors @ 13/10 Bet365 Been a shocker for me so far but really like the look of this. Some reasons have already been mentioned above so won't go too overboard with reasoning. Kings 11 have a fairly solid team though and previous experience in this competition. They don't have the big name player but have a pretty well balanced side in both the bowling and batting departments. In Chawla, Kumar. and Karthik they have some decent Indian players too which is again a benefit. We are due an upset in the tournament and hopefully today will be it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Today was a fxcking travesty. Both Delhi Daredevils and Kings Punjab came out on some suicide shit with their batting today and there's never going to be many winners when the first innings is just a complete flop. -10.00 for the day which is annoying after a good start. Tomorrow going in with the following: - 5pts Player Performance Yusuf Pathan 37&Over @ 5/6 (via Bet365) Three genuine scoring methods for the big man and thats why I'm having a go. He will more than likely bowl three overs minimum tomorrow which will give him a good chance of snagging a wicket. What I like about him bowling is that he's not really that good at it. If he opens the bowling again like he did the other day then I think it increases his chances of him taking one. Dhawan is naturally attacking and despite Jaggi being more conservative, it only takes one miscued shot for him to be back sitting on the boundary. On top his bowling, there is the fielding. Now he should've had two catches the other day but someone managed to put down two absolute dollies. He is usually a good fielder so I expect him to be in the ring more often than not which again, helps a fair bit. Do I need to elaborate on his batting??! Not really. Destructive at the quietest of times and CAN, if he wants to change a match with a few swing of the arms. So far Bet365 have been very stingy and clever on their Performance lines. I'm hoping I catch them out on this one.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Awful start for me so far, -18pts to date. 6pts Deccan to beat KKR at 13/10 with B365 Going against the grain here in a pick which is again likely to go against me! KKR are stacked with talent with the batting - Kallis, Morgan, Pathan, and Gambhir all helping form a live attack. The concern with them however is the batting order - from last game it was evident that they were not sure how to play it with regards to Gambhir and Yusuf. An even bigger concern is the bowling attack which is formed of Indian domestic players and Kallis! Balaji, Bhatia, Ladda, Abdulla, Pathan, and Kallis bowled overs last time. Deccan on the other hand have an attack of Steyn, Mishra, Ojha, Sharma, and Christian - a significant improvement on that of KKR's. You just feel that the bowling will always give them a chance to win - just down to whether Sanga, Duminy, Christian etc can deliver with the bat.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 A quick inplay bet. 4pts - Next man out: Bisla v (Kallis) - 8/11 Bet365 This is a no brainer for me. Against Steyn and Ishant, I can't see an inexperienced Bisla lasting too long so you'd fancy him to be first man out especially when the other batsman is Kallis.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Fxcked over today by a moment of complete stupidity from Ryan ten Doeschate. Yusuf is bowling and he forces Chipli into going for the big one. He completely mistimes it and it sails straight down Bhatia's throat at long-on. Tendo though thinks it's wise to run from way-far and beyond at short mid-off to try and take the catch. He doesn't get there in time, runs straight into Bhatia on the boundary who's just waiting for the ball to nestle in his hands, knocks himself out in the process and the fxcking catch goes down. Ridiculous. Pleased Kolkata won in the end but I'm raging at how Pathan never snagged a wicket there. -6.00 for the day.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 One for tomorrow. - 6pts Highest 1st 6 Overs: Delhi Daredevils @ 10/11 (via BlueSq) I watched how Rajasthan Royals went about their batting the other day and I saw that with Dravid opening they will not win many 1st 6 over bets. His opening partner Paunikar again isn't the most electrifying player of all time either. They come up against Delhi Darevils tomorrow who will start up top with Sehwag, Warner and Finch. Three of arguably the most destructive batsmen in world cricket. The Daredevils managed to beat the Mumbai Indians in this market the other day (who open with Davy Jacobs and Tendulkar) and thats with Sehwag playing out a maiden from Malinga! Morkel looked very impressive the other day and the young Ashok Dinda conceded 7 runs in 12 balls. This bet just makes sense and when you think the Delhi batsmen will more than likely face bowling first up from Oram and Amit Singh it makes it slightly more appealing. Providing they don't do anything stupid and lose wickets cheaply, this should sail in. I thought I was dreaming when I saw Blue Square do this at 1.91 especially when other bookies have this as low as 1.66 so I had to jump on it quickly. Can't really look past the Daredevils walking this one so I'll play fairly confidently despite my recent IPL form.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 10pts Highest 1st 6 overs - Delhi Daredevils @10/11 with Bluesq As above really - thanks for the heads up. Fantastic odds on what was a play I was considering anyway. Reasoning has already been mentioned really - Delhi's strength is well up the order and getting off to a fast start with naturally aggressive players. RR appear to be more cautious in their approach and will look to set it up for the likes of Ross Taylor and Pathan lower down the order. Delhi lost their first game but won the first 6 over bet, where as RR won their first game but lost the 6 over match bet. I think this gives an indication as to the approach of both sides and how they look to structure their innings. I think that this should be priced closer to 1/2 so at these odds I am happy to make it a max play.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Good luck Mo82. Hopefully Taylor doesn't get going against you. One for me. 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Delhi Daredevils 10/11 Blue Square I don't particularly rate this Delhi side. Their batting runs out really quickly and their bowling attack isn't a lot better either. Unless they pick James Hopes then the real quality batting runs out after Finch at 3/4 and the bowling is very attackable. Warne's done it again with Rajasthan for me. They haven't spent shitloads after their off season troubles but he's signed cleverly with his internationals and he's getting the best out of the Indian players, especially Trivedi who I thought was superb on Saturday. His use of Botha with bat and ball was a move only Warne could make and an added bonus is that his leggies are coming out nicely. Oram's a doubt with injury but that will only bring Tait in which isn't the worst replacement. If the Royals can get a couple of early wickets that will be the key to them making it two wins from two and that's exactly what I foresee happening.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011

Good luck Mo82. Hopefully Taylor doesn't get going against you. One for me. 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Delhi Daredevils 10/11 Blue Square I don't particularly rate this Delhi side. Their batting runs out really quickly and their bowling attack isn't a lot better either. Unless they pick James Hopes then the real quality batting runs out after Finch at 3/4 and the bowling is very attackable. Warne's done it again with Rajasthan for me. They haven't spent shitloads after their off season troubles but he's signed cleverly with his internationals and he's getting the best out of the Indian players, especially Trivedi who I thought was superb on Saturday. His use of Botha with bat and ball was a move only Warne could make and an added bonus is that his leggies are coming out nicely. Oram's a doubt with injury but that will only bring Tait in which isn't the worst replacement. If the Royals can get a couple of early wickets that will be the key to them making it two wins from two and that's exactly what I foresee happening.
Has something happened? All bookies odds have slipped, widely avaialable at 11/10 now? Any reason or just better value (Positive spin!)? I'm guessing someone has been ruled out? Sick/injured?

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Yeah weird Perry. 2.50+ on the exchanges. CRICINFO

Hello there! Welcome to Rajasthan v Delhi. Warne: "We are a tough team to beat here in Jaipur. We know what to do here. It looks an excellent wicket." Sehwag: "The first game was tough. We are looking to come back here. We bowled and fielded well in the last game; hopefully we can bat better this time. I am used to facing all these fast bowlers (Tait or Malinga), hopefully the others will also soon start doing well." Sehwag has won the toss and says he will bat first. " I want runs on board. If you see 140 150 is wining score in this IPL. It will take time to gel .. hopefully in three-four games we shall get going really well as a team." Warne: "When Tait gets it right, he is the best in business. My form is not too bad. I haven't been fit since I was 12! Hopefully i will get better and better." Delhi have made one change: Nadeem in for Umesh Yadav. Rajasthan have made 2 changes: Tait and Ajinkiya Rahane in for Jacob Oram (injured) and Stuart Binny.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 No idea why RR drifted before the toss but it's certainly nothing to do with team news looking at the two sides. They'll have drifted since the toss given that they lost it but DD made a pigs ear of batting first on Sunday so let's hope they do it again. RR chased down a decent total the other day so it's not as though they can't chase. I'm still happy to be on the RR's.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Also a bet I'll be doing but only posting it now because Delhi bat first but first ball to be over 1.5, especially with Sehwag/Warner opening, @11/4 on Bet365, just for 2U's at 6/10 strength, as I said it's a late post but Delhi only won the toss recently...

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Flicked on the TV just now and the first thing I see is that massive six from Taylor to win. Hit up cricinfo and checked the teams respective first six over scores... wow. Played Kev for being on Rajasthan.

One bet for me tomorrow so far, Delhi D's to score the most 6's @evens on Bet365, I think a team with Sehwag and Warner can win this bet quite easily, I'll go with (3U's) with a strength of 9/10...
Typical :), Taylor hits a six of the last ball and the bet is a push :\...

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Good call on RR kev! My shocker continues so far with Delhi first 6 overs losing. Onwards and upwards though - easy way to make some money - fade my picks atm! 6pts Mumbai to beat Bangalore @8/11 with Totesport Mumbai are simply the best team in the competition and are blessed with talent throughout the whole side. I am turning to them here to break my losing run on this tournament and I feel confident that they will do so. They have hitters through the whole order - Sachin, Jacobs, Sharma, Symonds, and Pollard to name a few. In a short over format like this it only takes one or 2 players to play well and you are in with a big chance. More impressive however is their bowling attack. Malinga is the best limited overs bowler in the world, Bhaji and Murtaza are very decent spin options, and Pollard/Munaf are both international quality bowlers. They have variety as well as quality which is again a big plus in this format. Bangalore rely heavily on De Villiers imo, and whilst he is absolute class I am happy to take him on. Mumbai have a better team in all areas, and I am hoping that this will show on the field also. 2pts Murtaza most economical bowler @5/1 with Stan James (vs Malinga, Khan, Nannes, Vettori, and Harbhajan) This is more so a play due to the value in the odds. I am always keen to take a spinner in this market as very often they squeeze the run rate in this format. Malinga, Khan, Nannes, and Bhaji are all likely to bowl in the first 6 overs hence me writing them off in this market. This is often the time when teams look to go hard and get ahead of the game. They are all also likely to bowl at the end of the innings, when again teams will look to go big. That leaves me Vettori and Murtaza. Both will hopefully bowl their quota during the middle overs, and with Mumbai's superior batting I will take the chance that they score better off Vettori than Bangalore do off of Murtaza. At the odds it is definitely worth a play imo.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Nice call Kev. One for the next game. 3pts - Daniel Vettori 29pts & over - 5/6 Bet365 Vettori is an outstanding bowler in this format so this line looks a bit low to me. He'll bowl his 4 overs so he's always in with a chance of picking wickets. Additionally he's handy with the bat should he be required and safe in the field. A wicket and catch would bring this in so I'm happy to be on the overs.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 5pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Chennai Superkings at 3.3 with Betfair There isn't much reasoning to this tbh, but no side should be starting odds this big in a t20 game. Kings have won the toss and Harris is back into the side. They looked awful last time out with the batting folding cheaply. However the advantage of chasing a total is that the players will know exactly what their roles are and how to play. They have a few players who are more than capable of swinging the bat. More importantly however, they appear to have a bowling attack which can keep them competitive despite Chennai's super batting lineup. Kumar, Harris, McLaren, Bhatt, and Chawla - 4 of whom have international experience. Pick up a few early wickets and this could end up looking a big price.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Not getting on anything today. Chennai should win comfortably but I can't even start to think of backing a team at 4/9 in a T20 match. Just watching ahead of todays match though and the news that all the Test-Playing Sri Lankan participants in the tournament will be released before May 5th is very interesting. Should hurt some teams quite a bit and the loss of Malinga to Mumbai is a big blow. Won't affect Kolkata though which I'm not complaining about one bit. :dude Good luck infamous.

5pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Chennai Superkings at 3.3 with Betfair There isn't much reasoning to this tbh, but no side should be starting odds this big in a t20 game. Kings have won the toss and Harris is back into the side. They looked awful last time out with the batting folding cheaply. However the advantage of chasing a total is that the players will know exactly what their roles are and how to play. They have a few players who are more than capable of swinging the bat. More importantly however, they appear to have a bowling attack which can keep them competitive despite Chennai's super batting lineup. Kumar, Harris, McLaren, Bhatt, and Chawla - 4 of whom have international experience. Pick up a few early wickets and this could end up looking a big price.
Terrific shout mate :clap:clap:clap.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 Thanks mate! Needed that one - been a tough tournament for me early on. Backed them at HT aswell at 7.8 which was a result also. Mohali always been a runs ground - market didn't seem to appreciate it though.

6 points KKR to beat CSK at 6/5 with Bet365
5pts Mumbai most 6s vs Delhi at 5/4 with B365
7pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Pune Warriors @ 13/10 Bet365
6pts Deccan to beat KKR at 13/10 with B365
10pts Highest 1st 6 overs - Delhi Daredevils @10/11 with Bluesq
6pts Mumbai to beat Bangalore @8/11 with Totesport 2pts Murtaza most economical bowler @5/1 with Stan James (vs Malinga, Khan, Nannes, Vettori, and Harbhajan)
5pts Kings XI Punjab to beat Chennai Superkings at 3.3 with Betfair
LOSS LOSS LOSS LOSS LOSS WIN VOID WIN Last few bets take me to -18.18 points for the tournament. Was looking at -34 at one stage. One for the next game, been thinking about it for a while and have now decided to go for it. 7pts Kochi to beat Pune at 2.52 with Betfair Kochi have won the toss and decided to bat first. This will probably suit the set up of both teams on the whole. They appear pretty evenly matched on paper. Kochi's batting is pretty strong - they have Pativ Patel in at 7, which shows some real depth considering he has opened for other sides before. In the batting lineup they have plenty of players with international experience as well as proven records in this format of the game. Bowling wise RP Singh, Sreesanth, and Vinay Kumar will form the pace attack. The spin duo should be Murali and Jadeja. If Kochi can put runs on the board, I fancy these 2 to squeeze Pune out of the game and build some real run rate pressure for the chase. Pune have some quality batsmen as well in Yuvi, Smith, Uthappa, and Ryder. I worry about their bowling though. Parnell can be very wayward, and I don't fancy Yuvi/Ryder much in this format. This puts a lot of pressure on Thomas first up, and the relatively unknown Wagh. Kartik is a decent spin option but again is pretty easy to milk when up against class. Kochi's middle order contains some brilliant players of spin with Jayawardene, Hodge, and Jadeja. If they negotiate the new ball/get off to a flyer I feel that Pune will always be chasing the game. At the odds Kochi have to be the play between 2 relatively evenly matched sides.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 I'm looking at these odds and I can't help but feel Deccan are mad value for the win tomorrow at 2.70. I mean no team should be those odds in a Twenty20 match especially when playing against a Bangalore side who got wrapped last time they played. Their batting is holding me back though so I'm just going to avoid that altogether. I need to catch a break and I'm going to look at AB to do it. - 5pts Performance Points AB De Villiers 40&Over @ 5/6 (via Bet365) Definitely feel that this is within reach for the South African. In his two innings already this tournament, he's scored 38 and 54 and being the wicket-keeper he has plenty of opportunities to score behind the stumps. Zaheer and Dirk Nannes will probably wield the new ball for the Challengers tomorrow and that should give him some opportunities for catches early up. They then have a plethora of spinners including Vettori which should be good for stumping opportunites and then we have his top batting ability. 79 points in Match 1. 38 in match too. Above 40 in match three would be lovely.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 We're at the innings break with Deccan having just made 175. I like one in play bet. 5pts - Next Man Out: Mayank Agarwal v (Dilshan) - 8/11 Bet365 Agarwal is a young Indian batsmen who has a bit of a reputation of being in the Sehwag mould. I've seen a bit of him and he is a loose kind of batsman and can be wreckless at times. He also doesn't have the greatest of techniques which Malinga exploited with one ball in the previous RCB game. Against the likes of Ishant and particularly Steyn, you can't afford to be too loose. Dilshan found a bit of form last match so I fancy the young Indian to be the first man back in the pavillion for RCB.

We're at the innings break with Deccan having just made 175. I like one in play bet. 5pts - Next Man Out: Mayank Agarwal v (Dilshan) - 8/11 Bet365 Agarwal is a young Indian batsmen who has a bit of a reputation of being in the Sehwag mould. I've seen a bit of him and he is a loose kind of batsman and can be wreckless at times. He also doesn't have the greatest of techniques which Malinga exploited with one ball in the previous RCB game. Against the likes of Ishant and particularly Steyn, you can't afford to be too loose. Dilshan found a bit of form last match so I fancy the young Indian to be the first man back in the pavillion for RCB.
LOSS Having a terrible run at the moment.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League 2011 You and me both mate, I mean when does AB de Villiers ever get a duck ffs? I even said Deccan were value for the win at 2.70 too. One ahead of tomorrows matches and it's going to come in the second game. Let's see if my luck can turn. - 4pts Performance Points: K. Pollard Under 38 @ 5/6 (via Bet365) Risky going against Pollard when he has three genuine scoring methods, however there is a method to my madness. Mumbai have been very impressive with their batting so far. They're top order has been in such good nick that Pollard who comes in at number 5 hasn't even had a chance to bat yet. Jacobs and Tendulkar have been solid as ever so far and I've been very impressed with Rayudu at number three. Sharma is in at four and Andrew Symonds should be back tomorrow after shaking off his injury which should see him in at number 5. That pushes Pollard down to 6 where I'm thinking he won't get a great deal of time to swing his arms. His bowling is very ordinary too. Yes he took two wickets in the last match, but let's be serious, he won't be doing that very often and I doubt he will do that tomorrow. There is always the chance that he will be promoted up the order to pinch hit which is a possibility but I'm playing on the fact that the Mumbai guys at the top of the order continue their impressive form and prevent him from doing so. If he doesn't take a wicket, like he didn't in the first match then I think this is pretty safe. As I said, he hasn't had any time in the middle since the West Indies got knocked out of the World Cup and even in the world cup he wasn't in the GREATEST form ever with the willow. I think this line is slightly inflated due to the wickets last time out so I will play under with caution.