Hannon to Boycott Windsor!

Mr Bowles wont like this:wall

By Racing Post staff 4:27PM 24 MAR 2011 RICHARD HANNON will boycott Windsor racecourse, where he is regularly top trainer, unless the Arena Leisure-owned track complies with the Horsemen's Group's proposed race tariffs. Hannon was responding to Thursday's Racing Post story that revealed Sheikh Mohammed's racing operations would avoid races that do not meet the tariffs. Hannon's decision to swerve below-tariff meetings means he will not run his horses at Windsor's Monday night meetings, beginning with the season's first fixture on April 4. Hannon said: "I am not one to get involved in racing politics, but the time has come to make a stand and I fully agree with the Godolphin team that radical action is required. "It costs on average between £16,000-£17,000 a year for an owner to have a horse in training, and with these cuts the powers-that-be are simply driving them out of the sport. "Windsor is one of my favourite tracks and I don't miss many Monday nights there, but unless my owners insist on me entering their horse I will be opting out of the first meeting there and, if things don't change, we could continue to be absentees." Speaking to his website, Hannon added: "Windsor has been a lucky course for us and I have not taken this decision lightly, but we are getting the rough end of the stick and sometimes you have to say 'enough is enough'."