EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March I have been looking at opposing Spain in some shape or form. Aside from what has been said above, another possible factor is fatigue. Barca obviously provide key players to this Spain team, and I can't get the idea that all these games are going to catch up on this team eventually. Against Getafe, Barca were cruising 2-0, but when Getafe got one back, Barca were left holding on and looked a bit dead on their feet to me. Similar comments were made for the Arsenal first leg, althought I did not entirely agree with that at the time. Anyways add this to the heavy pitch, and I can see Spain not controlling the game from start to finish. Also onside is the possibility that Spain are cruising by HT and take their foot off the gas - this is the world and european champions after all (hence small stakes) 1.5 pts - 2nd half double chance - Draw or Lithuania @5/4 (Corals) 0.5 pts - Team to score last - Lithuania @15/4 (B365) 0.25 pt - 2nd Half Result - Lithuania @9/1 (VC) GL all

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Serbia faced quite a big squad problems at the weekend, vs.N.Ireland, and the situation is even worse ahead of today's match against Estonia as both Stankovic (Inter Milan) and Krasic (Juventus) are ruled out through suspension, while Subotic (Borussia Dortmund) will miss the match due to injury that got worse after the match against N.Ireland. Estonia will surely be fired up for this one, especially after a very decent stuffs against Bulgaria(2:2) last month and a big 2:0 win over Uruguay last week, but still the class lies with Serbia here and despite all those huge squad problems, coach Petrovic will be able to field a very solid line-up for tonight's match! Probable lineup: Serbia: Brkic (Vojvodina) - Tomovic (Lecce), Ivanovic (Chelsea), Vidic (Man Utd), Kolarov (Man City) - Tosic (CSKA Moscow), Milijas (Wolverhampton), Petrovic (Partizan), Ninkovic (Dynamo Kiev), Jovanovic (Liverpool) - Pantelic (Olympiakos) There are also still plenty of options on the bench, like Zigic (Birmingham City), Sulejmani (Ajax), Obradovic (Zaragoza), Bisevac (Valenciennes),...,so even if a number of players will be on the sidelines, Serbia will have a side capable of performing and winning this one.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March

The one bet that jumps out to me at the moment is Belgium -1.75 @1.88 with betfair. I rate this young Belgian team very highly and believe that they are improving with each game they play. They beat Austria 2-0 away from home on Friday and I'd expect them to follow that up with a comfortable home win against Azerbaijan. I can't see anything less than a two goal win and I'm happy to take a half win if that happens. I think it'll be 3 or 4 though.
With you all the way here capt. Totally agree, rapidly improving home side against serial losers.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Israel - Georgia Under 2 goals AH Bet365@2.10 This tie looks like a low-scoring affair to me. Crucial game for both of the sides, both of them coming after imprtant wins so their team spirit and motivation are up to the max. Nobody considered Israel and Georgia as a real threat for Croatia and Greece in the competition for the first two positions but 5 rounds have passed and todays opponents still breath down the favorites' necks, Georgia being barely 1 point beneath the 2nd Croatia and Israel 2pts beneath Croatia. Israel will probably try to put Georgia on pressure and get the home win but the visitors proved themselves as a tough team recording 5 games without being defeated (2wins, 3draws). The most important thing is that none of these games produced more than two goals: Greece 1-1 Georgia Georgia 0-0 Israel Georgia 1-0 Malta Latvia 1-1 Georgia Georgia 1-0 Croatia As you can see barely 2 out of 5 games produced 2 goals and the others went under 2. Note that the clash between these two teams in Georgia resulted in to a goalless draw. Hosts, supported by their home crowd will try to win this match and climb up to the the 2nd position but they also will be cautious not to lose which would be the end of their dreams to qualify. Georgia's main concern in this game will be not to lose so I expect closed and tight game. Bookies know that too and the Under 2.5 line is quite low so I will take a different approach with the asian handicap at much better price.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Czech Republic - Liechenstein under 3.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Interesting how the Czechs back up after leading Spain 1-0 and then going down 2-1, where the game was much closer than expected. How much that game takes out of them will decide how easily they win this game. The visitors did not play on the weekend and will be fresh for this, but there is an obvious class difference here. The Czechs should win this but they may become complacent and not put it in, early in the game, as they are expected to win this. They did beat them 2-0 in Liechenstein, with two early goals, and did not go on with it. So they may take it easy here, while Liechenstein will more than likely sit back and try to contain them for as long as possible. The home side should win this, but liking the possibility that it may not be as easy as they think it will be Sweden - Moldova under 2.5 @ 2.31 pinnacle Another mismatch between the Swees who should win this, while Moldova are unlikely to do so. The Swedes have the players, headed by Ibrahimovic who can score goals but they are up against a team of no-names who play together as a team, and have been a tough opponent in these qualifiers. They beat Finland 2-0 and lost only 1-0 to Holland in their two home games, while they lost 2-1 at Hungary and beat San marino 2-0 on the road. So they have been competitive and have not been beaten by big scores, so like them to go to Sweden and make it tough for the home side, whol should not have too many problems defending in this game, but may have some difficulty breaking them down. Israel - Georgia over 2.5 @ 2.21 pinnacle Both teams here are looking for the win to get them up with the leaders, and expect them to play an open game. Israel have gone over in their last 3 qualifiers, with just 1 win in these games, but they are a good side at home, and will fancy their chances of a win. Georgia are coming off a massive upset win over Croatia, and with that kind of confidence they will be liking their chances of winning here. Though they tend to defend well, this is a game that they will see they are capable of winning, so expect them to be much more open and going for the win. This should give Israel hope of breaking them down, and with both teams likely to play a more attacking game, then can see this game havign some goals in it Turkey - Austria under 2.5 @ 2.09 pinnacle Turkey are having problems producing the form that saw them do well in the last European Championships, and with them not scoring in their last 2 qualifiers, them their strikers are having problems in finding the back of the net. Austria were well beaten 2-0 at home to Belgium on the weekend, so believe they will bounce back here with a better performance. While they have been scoring in their previous games prior to the weekend, they may focus more on their defence here, as they had problems in stopping the Belgians on the weekend, and know that they cannot be so open at the back as they were on the weekend. Romania - Luxembourg under 2.5 @ 2.49 pinnacle While Romania are the obvious favourites for this game, there are some internal problems in this team, which may cause them some problems in this game, especially as they are up against a team with no big name players. Though they do not have the quality that Romania has, they work well as a unit, and have achieved some good results, losing 1-0 in Albania, drawing 0-0 at home with Belarus, only losing 2-0 in France and losing 2-0 at home to France, so they are a team that does not get easily beaten. While Romania lost 2-1 at Bosnia-Hercegovina on the weekend, they had lost 2-0 in France, drawn 0-0 in Belarus and drew 1-1 at home to Albania, so their games have also tended to be low scoring in these qualifiers. Estonia - Serbia over 2.5 @ 2.39 pinnacle Estonia upset the Serbs with a 3-1 win in Belgrade last year while they also went over in their games with Italy (lost 2-1 at home) and Faroe Islands (won 2-1 at home). They did lose 1-0 at home to Slovenia but have scored twice recent friendlies with Uruguay and Bulgaria, and having achieved that upset win over the Serbs, will be confident of making it a double. As for Serbia, they struggled to overcome Northern Ireland where they eventually won 2-1 but not before their defence had to work hard to keep them out. With Italy likely to progress through, both teams are vying for second spot, and know a win over the other will go a long way to achieving that goal. Like this game to have some goals in it Belgium - Azerbaijan under 2.5 @ 2.27 pinnacle Belgium were impressive in their 2-0 away win over Austria, but they have some injury concerns with Lukaku possibly out, while Kompany is suspended. They have a good side with some good young players coming through and expect them to have some problems in breaking down an Azerbaijan side that has let goals in so far in these qualifiers. They have scored just 2 goals in their 4 qualifiers, and belive they will play it tight here so as not to receive another hiding like they did in Germany. Belgium will be happy with a win here, and can see them doing enough to get that win, but doubt that they will score quite a few goals here

Belgium - Azerbaijan under 2.5 @ 2.27 pinnacle Belgium were impressive in their 2-0 away win over Austria, but they have some injury concerns with Lukaku possibly out, while Kompany is suspended. They have a good side with some good young players coming through and expect them to have some problems in breaking down an Azerbaijan side that has let goals in so far in these qualifiers. They have scored just 2 goals in their 4 qualifiers, and belive they will play it tight here so as not to receive another hiding like they did in Germany. Belgium will be happy with a win here, and can see them doing enough to get that win, but doubt that they will score quite a few goals here
Will be happy if we avoid losing by 3+ goals, but it is very unlikely IMO.

Belgium - Azerbaijan under 2.5 @ 2.27 pinnacle Belgium were impressive in their 2-0 away win over Austria, but they have some injury concerns with Lukaku possibly out, while Kompany is suspended. They have a good side with some good young players coming through and expect them to have some problems in breaking down an Azerbaijan side that has let goals in so far in these qualifiers. They have scored just 2 goals in their 4 qualifiers, and belive they will play it tight here so as not to receive another hiding like they did in Germany. Belgium will be happy with a win here, and can see them doing enough to get that win, but doubt that they will score quite a few goals here
Don't know tbh , Berti Vogts said at interview that they will not play with 10 men in defence but can we believe him ? lol We played quite ok in Austria , as a team like we did against Russia but we have to admit that Austria was really poor on Friday. Tonite ofc we have still Fellaini, Alderweireld, Vermaelen, Legear, Ogunjimi , Lukaku out and our best defender Kompany is suspended ; he will replaced by Lombaerts. The line up is not known , maybe some changes, it could be : Mignolet, Ciman, Van Buyten, Lombaerts, Vertonghen, Simons, Defour, Witsel, Chadli, Dembele, Vossen. or Mignolet, Ciman, Van Buyten, Lombaerts, Vertonghen, Simons, Witsel, Hazard, Chadli, Dembele, De Sutter.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March 6065.jpg The Favorite Team of the day is TURKIYE. Turkiye has to win to continue and will win in front of 50000 Hot Fans. Austria has no chance against Turkiye. Turkiye has played only 1 match at Home and Won. 6102.jpg

The one bet that jumps out to me at the moment is Belgium -1.75 @1.88 with betfair. I rate this young Belgian team very highly and believe that they are improving with each game they play. They beat Austria 2-0 away from home on Friday and I'd expect them to follow that up with a comfortable home win against Azerbaijan. I can't see anything less than a two goal win and I'm happy to take a half win if that happens. I think it'll be 3 or 4 though.
Having done some research on the match between Belgium vs Azerbaijan and having read up on the posts in regards to the match there is not much that I can say that would just be repeating what has been covered. I am with Mustafa, captaincool and others on this match and for the outcome to be in favor of Belgium by a minimum of 2 goals. 4pts Belgium -1.75AH @ 2.02 ladbrokes :hope

I completely agree with slizorn and Mustafa about the Czech Republic vs Lietchtenstein game. Bet365 already offered AH' date= Lietchtenstein+3 @2.10 which looks like a gift to me and I gladly took it. Only Spain managed to beat this handicap and I can't see Czech doing that.
Okay, after much deliberation I too am this very same bet. Pity I took this long to make up my mind, the odds have dropped. 3pts Lietchtenstein +3.0 AH @ 1.85 bet365 :hope

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March TURKEY-AUSTRIA OVER 2.5 turkeys last two games were against azerbaijan lost 1-0 and they were hot/ fav den played germany wich thay lost 3-0 and before that they won against belgium 3-2 so you can see they can score at home with a very noisy crowed on the other hand austria last game was with belgium away wich that game finished 4-4 so with a noisey turkish home crowed and austrians attackers i can see same goals in this game

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Sport : Football (Euro 2012 Qualifying) Event : Turkey - Austria Date : 29-03-2011 Market : Full Time Result Selection : Turkey Bookmarker / Price : LadBrokes @ 1.53 Tip Comments : Turkiye has to win to continue in front of 50000 Hot Fans. Turkiye has played only 1 match at Home and beat Belgium 3-2 Estimated Profit : % 53

Czech Rep. – Liechtenstein Betfair has Liechtenstein @ 100 :loon I have never seen even amateur teams like San Marino or Andorra priced so high. If I am correct Liechtenstein has more professional/full time footballers than San Marino and Andorra and they also have some surprise results. Liechtenstein played really well against Scotland and were unlucky not to get a point. When referee adds 7 minutes to the normal time it is always questionable. Few years ago they shocked the world when they drew 2-2 against Portugal and IMO they are capable of producing a surprise here. Liechtenstein rarely loses by a big margin these days (4-0 against Spain is an exception). Czech Rep. are the favorites to take the 2nd place in the group and I can’t see them losing this one, but price @ 1.02 is a joke. So will take the following bets with small stakes. Both to Score @ 3.40 William Hill Draw @ 17.00 Bet365 Draw 1-1 @ 41.00 Bet365 Draw 2-2 @ 81.00 Bet365
Too optimistic :lol Well it was worth a shot at these odds.

I completely agree with slizorn and Mustafa about the Czech Republic vs Lietchtenstein game. Bet365 already offered AH' date= Lietchtenstein+3 @2.10 which looks like a gift to me and I gladly took it. Only Spain managed to beat this handicap and I can't see Czech doing that.
Cheers to slizorn and Mustafa and everybody who followed :nana

Okay, after much deliberation I too am this very same bet. Pity I took this long to make up my mind, the odds have dropped. 3pts Lietchtenstein +3.0 AH @ 1.85 bet365 :hope
:beer Bet comes in, final score 2-0 in favor of Czech Republic. Gratz to all on some form of handicap :clap

Cheers to slizorn and Mustafa and everybody who followed :nana
Mustafa won nothing in this game :lol Just was too tempted with the score draw outcome. Congrats to all the winners :ok

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Well done to all who had that Lietchtenstein AH . Us Punters should look out for that more, 1/50 for the home win was a joke and this tends to happen quite a bit. In the WC qualifiers last time round on the last set of group matches Portugal were 1/100 to beat Malta, ridiculous price , but with prices like this it also means there will be great prices on the handicap for the opposing team. Portugal did win the match but with the same score as today 2-0 , so let's all watch out for the next time this happens:tongue2

Well done to all who had that Lietchtenstein AH . Us Punters should look out for that more' date=' 1/50 for the home win was a joke and this tends to happen quite a bit. In the WC qualifiers last time round on the last set of group matches Portugal were 1/100 to beat Malta, ridiculous price , but with prices like this it also means there will be great prices on the handicap for the opposing team. Portugal did win the match but with the same score as today 2-0 , so let's all watch out for the next time this happens:tongue2[/quote'] Good point. I will learn this lesson and instead of taking draws and correct scores will strongly consider handicap bets.

Well done to all who had that Lietchtenstein AH . Us Punters should look out for that more' date=' 1/50 for the home win was a joke and this tends to happen quite a bit. In the WC qualifiers last time round on the last set of group matches Portugal were 1/100 to beat Malta, ridiculous price , but with prices like this it also means there will be great prices on the handicap for the opposing team. Portugal did win the match but with the same score as today 2-0 , so let's all watch out for the next time this happens:tongue2[/quote'] Good post, I think the bookies struggle to get the line right in a lot of these games.

Good post' date=' I think the bookies struggle to get the line right a lot of the time in a lot of these games.[/quote'] The only time I wouldn't touch these handicaps is in any game involving San Marino, unless they will be priced @ 500.00 or something :)

Anyone thinks Romania - Luxembourg will end 1-1. Most of the time if goals are scored one after another there are no more goals. Draw is only @ 3.50-3.60 so not tempted that much.
Don't think so. Romania need the win, otherwise realistically their chances of qualifying are over. Fans are pissed off with the manager and team, they are going to throw everything forward at Luxembourg if it is still 1-1 after 75-80 minutes. Most likely they will either score or Luxembourg will on the break. Luxembourg are playing quite well, I would rather back them @ 15 than the draw personally.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Zlatan missed penalty and it finished 2-1. Looks like there are no weak teams left in Europe anymore. Backing outsiders on a handicap is a good option. Let's keep it in mind till summer :)

Israel - Georgia Under 2 goals AH Bet365@2.10 This tie looks like a low-scoring affair to me. Crucial game for both of the sides, both of them coming after imprtant wins so their team spirit and motivation are up to the max. Nobody considered Israel and Georgia as a real threat for Croatia and Greece in the competition for the first two positions but 5 rounds have passed and todays opponents still breath down the favorites' necks, Georgia being barely 1 point beneath the 2nd Croatia and Israel 2pts beneath Croatia. Israel will probably try to put Georgia on pressure and get the home win but the visitors proved themselves as a tough team recording 5 games without being defeated (2wins, 3draws). The most important thing is that none of these games produced more than two goals: Greece 1-1 Georgia Georgia 0-0 Israel Georgia 1-0 Malta Latvia 1-1 Georgia Georgia 1-0 Croatia As you can see barely 2 out of 5 games produced 2 goals and the others went under 2. Note that the clash between these two teams in Georgia resulted in to a goalless draw. Hosts, supported by their home crowd will try to win this match and climb up to the the 2nd position but they also will be cautious not to lose which would be the end of their dreams to qualify. Georgia's main concern in this game will be not to lose so I expect closed and tight game. Bookies know that too and the Under 2.5 line is quite low so I will take a different approach with the asian handicap at much better price.
This one went in too. I got to love International games. 2 out of 2 so far.