** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts- Premier league week 5

Thursday 10 March 2011Player 1DrawPlayer 2BPP
maximize.gifJenkins, T v Webster, M (19:00 GMT) 3.7 5.6 1.8 100.44 %
maximize.gifTaylor, P v Anderson, G (19:40 GMT) 2.25 5.2 2.7 100.71 %
maximize.gifWade, J v Van Barneveld, R (20:20 GMT) 2.46 5 2.5 100.65 %
maximize.gifWhitlock, S v Lewis, A (21:00 GMT) 2.38 5 2.52 101.70 %
Getting in early with this one this week because i can only see the price getting smaller so im going for.. TAYLOR V ANDERSON DRAW 4/1 LADBROKES:hope I know there has been no draws in the first 4 weeks but these 2 are playing at the top of there game and either one could win this but i just see real value in the 4/1 for the draw because there is a good possibility that there will be no breaks in this game and even if phil or gary break there is a good possibility that the other will break back right gonna throw this in the mix, betting is say taylor 5/4 anderson 6/4 lets say one does get a break up, that means that the other player would have to break back twice for the 5/4 or 6/4 to come up where as they would only need 1 break to get the draw at 4/1 and over this shorter format i just see real value in the 4/1

Re: Darts- Premier league week 5 3 pts on Raymond Van Barneveld 2.37 at skybet I know Barney took a beating last week, but he was still throwing decent darts. Apart from week 2, Wade has being averaging around 90 per 3 darts and with Barney averaging around 95, I think this price is good value. 3pts Jenkins v Webster highest checkout under 122.5 5/6 paddypower The average match high checkout is 118 and this season and last year's PL 41 out of 72 matches have had lower than 122.5 checkout. So just randomly this seems ok. Over the same period Jenkins has only had over 122.5 twice in 18 matches and is really struggling. Webster is the one most likely to get this score as has had 100+ finishes every week this season, but I don't think he alone stops this being value

Re: Darts- Premier league week 5 Taylor v Anderson Taylor to win: 2.75pts @ 13/10 Skybet Taylor to win 8-1: 0.25pts @ 40/1 Boylesports I know Anderson tops the league. I know Anderson has a 100% record. I know Anderson has been throwing well, and finishing better than normally. But this is Taylor he plays tonight, over a format that Taylor has dominated since the Premier League started. Taylor's really kicked on from his opening day defeat when suffering from flu, and would probably have whitewashed Barney last week were it not for the break. I think he will be looking at tonight's match as the chance to really ram home just who is still the boss in this sport, in this league. And 40/1 for him to take 3 breaks looks like a little bit of a tease of value to me. Whitlock v Lewis Lewis most 180s: 3pts @ Evs William Hill How often do you get the chance to back Lewis in this market at anything other than odds-on!! He was well below his usual 180s standard last week, hitting just 2 against Webby, and there's always the consideration as to which Lewis will turn up - but that can be factored into the price at these odds. Even a below par Lewis can knock in 4 or 5 maximums over the course of a potential 14 legs, which this tie has that potential. A 'form' Lewis, however, can have rattled home half a dozen after just 5 or 6 legs. At Evens I think this is good value for Lewis to come out on top maximum-wise tonight. Total 6pts staked

Re: Darts- Premier league week 5 P.Taylor v G.Anderson - G.Anderson @ 6/4 Betfred 3 points Anderson has played four and won four, he is throwing very well at present and is probably the most consistent around of late. Of course Taylor has dominated this sport for so long and is No.1 but I definetly think that Anderson will really test him here, its not often you see Taylor at odds against to win a match but I think that just shows how much repesect Anderson is getting here and I reckon he'll take this match.

Re: Darts- Premier league week 5 3 for me tonight. 4pts R.Barneveld to beat J.Wade (DNB) 10/11 Skybet I like Barney tonight. I've mentioned as various times in the last 4-5 weeks that I don't think Wade is at ease with his game and I maintain that is still the case. Barney got walloped last week but he didn't play that badly. He just missed doubles which you can't afford to do against Taylor but it was the kind of doubles that he only misses against Taylor annoyingly. Wade hasn't been scoring all that well or finishing too well. He's only topped a 91 average once while Barney has only been below it once. There's no doubt Barney is playing the better darts at the minute so I'll take him without the draw. 4pts A.Lewis vs S.Whitlock - 8 or more 180's 5/6 Sportingbet These two are two of the heavy scorers in the league and there's only been once in the four weeks so far that they haven't covered this between them. That was last week where Lewis was unexplicably awful. You would struggle to believe he can be so bad on the 60 tonight. Whitlock has fired in the maximums in recent weeks as his game looks to have improved to the level it is normally at. It's hard to see this not going 13 or 14 legs and the power that these two score at I expect that to be plenty of time to get 8 180's. 3pts Over 26.5 180's 4/5 Boylesports This line has been covered in two of the four weeks so far with 32 and 30 in the first two weeks. There were 25 in week 3 which included a really rotten performance from Jenkins and last week was just a freak week with the closest game being 8-3. I think the matches will be a lot closer tonight and with this line covered in the last two visits to the MEN I'll hit the overs again tonight.

Re: Darts- Premier league week 5 2 bets for me tonight: 3pts Anderson/Taylor & Whitlock/Lewis both over 12.5 legs @ 1.47/1 888.com I really fancy both these games to be really tight. Anderson/Taylor should be a titanic battle and i think we should see a much improved lewis last weeks embarassing performance against a resurgent whitlock. 3pts Whitlock/Lewis over 7.5 180's @ 10/11 888.com Both players are averaging over 4 180's per game. Whitlock has been very consistent on the treble 20 with 5,4,4 and 4 180's in his 1st four matches. Lewis has been a bit up and down and last week hit only 2 180's in a 8-2 defeat by webster. I think we'll see a much better performance tonight from lewis and i think 13 legs here will see this bet a winner. Best of luck all :hope

Re: Darts- Premier league week 5

2 bets for me tonight: 3pts Anderson/Taylor & Whitlock/Lewis both over 12.5 legs @ 1.47/1 888.com I really fancy both these games to be really tight. Anderson/Taylor should be a titanic battle and i think we should see a much improved lewis last weeks embarassing performance against a resurgent whitlock. 3pts Whitlock/Lewis over 7.5 180's @ 10/11 888.com Both players are averaging over 4 180's per game. Whitlock has been very consistent on the treble 20 with 5,4,4 and 4 180's in his 1st four matches. Lewis has been a bit up and down and last week hit only 2 180's in a 8-2 defeat by webster. I think we'll see a much better performance tonight from lewis and i think 13 legs here will see this bet a winner. Best of luck all :hope
-6pts for the evening and now +1.33pts overall. I thought lewis would play well tonight but i didn't envisage him spanking whitlock 8-2 and fecking up both my bets. :wall

Taylor v Anderson Taylor to win: 2.75pts @ 13/10 Skybet Taylor to win 8-1: 0.25pts @ 40/1 Boylesports I know Anderson tops the league. I know Anderson has a 100% record. I know Anderson has been throwing well, and finishing better than normally. But this is Taylor he plays tonight, over a format that Taylor has dominated since the Premier League started. Taylor's really kicked on from his opening day defeat when suffering from flu, and would probably have whitewashed Barney last week were it not for the break. I think he will be looking at tonight's match as the chance to really ram home just who is still the boss in this sport, in this league. And 40/1 for him to take 3 breaks looks like a little bit of a tease of value to me. Whitlock v Lewis Lewis most 180s: 3pts @ Evs William Hill How often do you get the chance to back Lewis in this market at anything other than odds-on!! He was well below his usual 180s standard last week, hitting just 2 against Webby, and there's always the consideration as to which Lewis will turn up - but that can be factored into the price at these odds. Even a below par Lewis can knock in 4 or 5 maximums over the course of a potential 14 legs, which this tie has that potential. A 'form' Lewis, however, can have rattled home half a dozen after just 5 or 6 legs. At Evens I think this is good value for Lewis to come out on top maximum-wise tonight. Total 6pts staked
Good night samba. Well done mate. :clap

3 pts on Raymond Van Barneveld 2.37 at skybet I know Barney took a beating last week, but he was still throwing decent darts. Apart from week 2, Wade has being averaging around 90 per 3 darts and with Barney averaging around 95, I think this price is good value. 3pts Jenkins v Webster highest checkout under 122.5 5/6 paddypower The average match high checkout is 118 and this season and last year's PL 41 out of 72 matches have had lower than 122.5 checkout. So just randomly this seems ok. Over the same period Jenkins has only had over 122.5 twice in 18 matches and is really struggling. Webster is the one most likely to get this score as has had 100+ finishes every week this season, but I don't think he alone stops this being value
Both in for a 6.1 pt win:nana

Thursday 10 March 2011Player 1DrawPlayer 2BPP
maximize.gifJenkins, T v Webster, M (19:00 GMT) 3.7 5.6 1.8 100.44 %
maximize.gifTaylor, P v Anderson, G (19:40 GMT) 2.25 5.2 2.7 100.71 %
maximize.gifWade, J v Van Barneveld, R (20:20 GMT) 2.46 5 2.5 100.65 %
maximize.gifWhitlock, S v Lewis, A (21:00 GMT) 2.38 5 2.52 101.70 %
Getting in early with this one this week because i can only see the price getting smaller so im going for.. TAYLOR V ANDERSON DRAW 4/1 LADBROKES:hope I know there has been no draws in the first 4 weeks but these 2 are playing at the top of there game and either one could win this but i just see real value in the 4/1 for the draw because there is a good possibility that there will be no breaks in this game and even if phil or gary break there is a good possibility that the other will break back right gonna throw this in the mix, betting is say taylor 5/4 anderson 6/4 lets say one does get a break up, that means that the other player would have to break back twice for the 5/4 or 6/4 to come up where as they would only need 1 break to get the draw at 4/1 and over this shorter format i just see real value in the 4/1
ah well hit the bar last night:wall taylor just knows when to hit the 180s:cry but thanks to gloryhunter and samba i backed barney to win and lewis most 180s so still made a profit, not all bad:clap