** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

In Running Betting

I know this probabaly wont count as a system,(cant think of n e where else to put it) but this is something i have beeen having a go at for a few weeks now, making a little bit of money, but i want to maybe start something with this, laying/backing certain events on betfair to see how it does, obviously selections will be at my discretion. But just wanted to see what everyone thinks about it or has tried anything similar before? Thanks in advance :ok Saul

Re: In Running Betting At the moment I am experementing with three types of Back / Lay in running. 1) Lay the non favourite...then if needs be back it out at higher odds. 2) Lay the draw, then when someone scores, back the draw at higher odds. 3) Lay the Unqouted Score, then back it up at higher odds. System 1 for me was the more profitable...Since starting this kind of system, the favourites always won or draw, thus making a successful bet. System 2 was a disaster, since if the non favourite scores first, the back draw drifts down instead of going up as expected thus you won't be able to do the free bet. System 3, just experementing with it, but when you think there won't be scores like 4-0 etc, the back odds drifts up very fast..thus easy to create the free bet. Already tried it 4 times with success. This is like the Lay 0-0, which is my favourite bet! Any other ideas are welcome...I want to learn more...! :D

Re: In Running Betting Saul, or anyone else, you can post a system involving in-running. You have a system when you take a systematic approach to your betting. When dealing with in-running it will be a Strategy. Simply be clear about the strategy you apply so it can be reproduced by others in a simular manner. Obviously you cannot post the actual bets before the event. Simply post before the event the match you intend to bet on and the strategy you are going to use. Take it from there. You can post an in-running system to share and learn something... or you can post after the event, lying, just to show off and get attention... don't worry, we'll soon spot the difference ;)

Re: In Running Betting cheers Data, I have made some rules up very quickly which i may change/add new rules as i go along, this is not going to have alot of strict rules, but will have obviously basic rules that i intend to stick to. I will mainly be betting on H/T result, Next Goal, F/T Result Over/Under 2.5 goals, ALL will be in running, ALL Betfair, Back OR Lay I am going to paper trial this system on the PL for 50 Bets, starting with a 100 units, i am goin to stake 1 unit per bet, may carry this on to 100 bets if i choose to. BTW, does anybody know if the winnings calculated on the Betfair calculator are AFTER the commision has been charged or before? Thanks Saul :ok

Re: In Running Betting

does anybody know if the winnings calculated on the Betfair calculator are AFTER the commision has been charged or before?
Carefull here, it depends where you look. When you place a BACK bet then on the right side you get : your odds , your stake , your profit. Where you enter the odds and stake and see the profit. This is BEFORE commision. Does not matter if the bet is matched or waiting to be matched. When you place a LAY bet the you get : Backer's odds, Backer's stake, and a choice between liability and payout. Obviously should the bet win you will not pay commission on liability or payout but on the Backer's stake. Since you type that in yourself it is BEFORE commission. When you look at the market itself then under the market title there is the option to "View P&L" and there you can configure the display to be before or AFTER commission. It is displayed for matched bets and while you are entering a bet (future position). It does not take into account bets waiting to be matched. Good luck :ok Try to spot the moments where your action is determined by human emotions rather than disciplined strategy. Thats where i always lose the big ones.