** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sounding's Goals Galore

soundingstylish

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sounding's Goals Galore

Very nice' date=' did you roll over the profit from the goals galore fixture week before? ;) :D[/quote'] I did, I also had Portsmouth to win and Lowe to score for Bury as singles so it was the best weekend yet since I started! Having a little go tonight though, no rollovers until I feel confident enough :)

I did, I also had Portsmouth to win and Lowe to score for Bury as singles so it was the best weekend yet since I started! Having a little go tonight though, no rollovers until I feel confident enough :)
Excellent stuff! :ok Did you get about an £80 return or something? I know what you mean about confidence. The calculations I did initially had me wanting to roll over 4 times for £1,100, but it's not as easy as I thought. So I think rolling over two or three times makes the most sense. Last week Blackpool let me down. I should have paid more attention to the fact that Charlie Adam wasn't playing; I also could have done with DJ Campbell not being sent off.

Its in' date=' my touch is returning :ok[/quote'] Well played. I followed you on this one because I liked the look of Tranmere; I had no idea about the other so was very happy when Rotherham came in! :ok This result put my pot up for 3 more attempts at a double up, so I will start from scratch again this weekend. Cheers for that! :)

Feeling adventurous and having a go on a cheeky treble. The German fixture looks like a dead cert to me :ok Mönchengladbach v Hoffenheim, Charlton v Tranmere, Peterborough v Exeter @ 29/10 - 888Sport
Absolute disaster this week. I am so glad my other bets saved the day! Apologies to any of you that followed

Re: Sounding's Goals Galore Hey I just decided to dip my toe into Goals Galore! However I'm a relative novice when it comes to betting, was wondering if you could explain the doubles bet on BetFred.com Will choose the following games for an accumulator bet 60/1: St Mirren vs Aberdeen (match A) Birmingham vs Bolton (match B) Coventry vs Hull (match C) Watford vs Sheff Utd (match D) Rotherham vs Bury (match E) Stoke vs West Ham (match F) Man City vs Reading (match G) As I understand it if I bet a £1 stake on the accumulator, I can rake in about £60 profit. If I put a £1 stake on doubles for 7 games, there are twenty-one possible selections. (A+B, A+C, A+D, A+E, A+F, A+G, B+C, B+D, B+E, B+F, B+G, C+D and so on..) so £1 x 21 = £21 bet with total est. returns of £68.04 according to BetFred. What I don't understand is do I win that £68.04 if only two of the above matches end with both teams scoring? Or do all the matches have to end with both teams scoring? Sorry if I offend anyone but I've been trying to figure this out for the last day or two and it's just bugging me now!!! Thanks, Juri

What I don't understand is do I win that £68.04 if only two of the above matches end with both teams scoring? Or do all the matches have to end with both teams scoring?
Betfred are saying that if all your matches come in, you will win £68.04. If only two come in, you'll be lucky to see £5.

Re: Sounding's Goals Galore Fred pay off each match at 1.8. So any double is 1.8*1.8 - times your stake per double. So a £1 successful double will return £3.24. So if you cover all the 21 possible doubles with £1 and only two are correct you will get £3.24 back - ie a loss of £17.76. If all 7 are correct then for your £21 stake you will get back £68.04. However you will be tortured by the fact you managed to find 7 successful selections and make such a miserable profit. £1285 returned if you had popped the £21 on the acca! My advice would be to pick your best 4 and cover in trebles and a fourfold. That way if one wrong you still make a small profit. ************ Having said all that I've found spotting both teams to score very difficult at the moment - I suppose it's the time of the season when goals go low. I am going to try Burnley v Millwall - one or both DONT score at Paddy Power's 1/1.

Re: Sounding's Goals Galore Thanks guys, and good luck soundingstylish, both 0-0 at half time so far though! I only did the accumulator, £1 returns £60 profit on 7 matches, although I altered which matches I chose to those in my previous post

I am going to try Burnley v Millwall - one or both DONT score at Paddy Power's 1/1.
Burnley0Millwall3FT
Robinson 52 , 71 Townsend 87
Attend: 14,589 Half-time: 0-0
Three goals - but none of them for Burnley. Maybe can take advantage of the miserable March weather and back teams to not score. Look at the hi-score hotshots which failed today, matches at Leeds, Peterboro, Northampton, Crewe.

• 3 weeks later...