Flat Racing - 13th Jan

2:00 Southwell WINNING DRAW 2pts EW - 8/1 (Bet365) Winning Draw looks to have a big chance on his fifth career outing here at Southwell. Is on a mark of 60 (-3 for claimer) after a poor run lto, but it was over an untried 6f and by all accounts he probably needed the run. His first two starts were full of promise given his prices of 100/1 and 33/1 respectively, and he duly went in third time out over this course and distance. A few horses in behind have gone on to rated 60+ and with only four runs to his name Winning Draw is likely to improve himself. Trainer form is a worry but to be fair, only two of his last 14 runners over the last few weeks have started at single figure prices. Paul Pickard takes the ride and claims three lbs. He rides Southwell most and shows an impressive level stakes profit there.

Re: Flat Racing - 13th Jan Not too keen on tomorrow's Southwell card .........there's a couple of really short priced favourites that i couldn't back but wouldn't want to oppose This is the one I've gone for in BBotD......... Southwell 3.00 - The Lock Master - win at 7/1 BOG with Bet365 This horse has chased home the highly impressive Dubai Hills on his last 2 outings at respectful distances of 13 lengths and 8 lengths - but he's getting closer ! Take that hotpot out and he could be coming here looking for a hat trick He clearly acts on the track and should be suited by stepping back to 8 furlongs today. In both those races against Dubai, over 7F, he ran on to take second place late in the race Now it could be that the other horses had burned themselves out trying to keep up with Dubai - the Nacarat Syndrome ? - but my impression from watching those races was that the pace was normal until Dubai whooshed away in the straight and the others just ran their normal race and didn't chase after him The lock master's only win came at 8 furlongs on the AW at dundalk and he's now on a 4 lb lower mark. His 2 speed figs behind Dubai are both better than any of the last 2 figs of any of the other horses. Basically he's been running faster than them even tho' he's been thrashed by many lengths. Quick round up of the others......... Ace of spies - a mile will test his stamina, prob won't stay Bentley - career best needed after 87 career runs, unlikely Exopuntia - looks held now after wins in lower grade French Art - not sure to act track, wins on poly and g/f turf Ubenkor - looks held, keeps going up for placed runs Lakeman - the danger ! In good nick, acts on the track I posted it early 'cos i thought 7/1 looked too good to miss - it was 8/1 when I started typing and it's 6/1 now.........I reckon it will be shorter still tomorrow !........... Might have a look at a couple of the other races tomorrow..........:unsure

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.