Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy I'm coming round to the idea of Dunguib for this. The argument is that a better ride would have seen him go closer than 3rd last year, and even so, wasnt beaten far by Menorah. Its still wide open but 12/1 wont last long i'd imagine.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Really is a shame even although I thought he would find it tougher this year he is the reigning champion. It's taken so much away from the race and no doubt whatever wins it we'll have people saying but if Binocular had run. I'm still hopeful that Hurricane Fly will win but the fact Binocular has gone it could actually go against him. I was expecting him to run a very similar race to last year and inject a lot of pace into the race after the 3rd last which hopefully, from my point of viewe, would catch menoraha out as he has that tendeancy to have to be pushed along from some way out. There has to be less chance of that now with Binocular gone and if I was Rubyhe'd be the last horse I want to be going head to head with him from the last. Still a great race in prospect though lets hope there are no more shocks

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy

I'm coming round to the idea of Dunguib for this. The argument is that a better ride would have seen him go closer than 3rd last year' date= and even so, wasnt beaten far by Menorah. Its still wide open but 12/1 wont last long i'd imagine.
seems ok on he trends for me and apart from Peddlars cross, dunguib is the only other one i fancy. 9/1 doesnt look good value now though does it! my worry is that the race normally has a horse used to the championship races and Dunguib still looks a tad under experienced!

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy The Supreme Novice Hurdle so rarely provides the winner of the Champion that I just cant have any of the horses that ran in it (Menorah, Dunguib, Oscar Whisky from last year). Starting to come round to Peddlers now

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Hurricane Fly 3pt win - 5/1 (antepost) Khyber Kim 2pt win - 20/1 (antepost) Big fan of Fly, who I think will go close tomorrow. And Khyber Kim is overpriced still. On paper he is the one they all have to beat on last year's form. Punjabi and Binocular the recent example how a horse comes for a 2nd crack at the race and wins it.

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy I'm on overturn 1pt E/W @40/1 paddy power He ran a really impressive race in a Christmas hurdle in Kempton a few months ago finishing second behind binocular. Form of late hasn't really been up to scratch but i have a feeling this will be shock of the festival. :hope

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy 15:20 Cheltenham Peddlers Cross gets my vote in the Champion Hurdle race here today. Donald McCain's 6 year old is still unbeaten having won 7 races from 7 starts. It was clear he had some class about him before heading to the festival last year but I was blown away by his performance in last year's Neptune Hurdle where he ran out a 1 and a half length winner. Wins at Aintree and Newbury since means he now has two grade 2 wins and two grade 1 wins to his name. He finished over 7 lengths ahead of Binocular who finished 3rd that day and he was strongly fancied for this race having won it last year but has now pulled out due to injury. Was last on track at Kelso which seemed to be a prep run for him in a class 2 race, possibly to blow off any cobwebs but he won like a 1/6 shot should win, running out an 11 length winner. Overturn is clearly entered into the race as a tactical choice and this should play further into the hands of my selection today as this way it ensures the race will be run to suit him. 2pt win Peddlers Cross @ 9/2 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy 3.20 Hurricane Fly for me in this one, Unstoppable in Ireland and even though he has never ridden in england he will still be a huge danger to Menorah and holds a 88% strike rate over this trip, Peddlers Cross record says it all and this could be his day again, big task but is strong enough to take this, Oscar Whisky who got defeated here last year by Menorah could easily reverse that form after improving on his last two runs and looks a decent e/w option. Advice back Hurricane Fly 13 Point E/W @ 7/2 (Stanjames) Peddlers Cross 10 Point Win @ 19/4 (Sportingbet) Oscar Whisky 5 Point E/W @ 9/1 (Stanjames) Danger Khyber Kim

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy

3.20 Hurricane Fly for me in this one' date= Unstoppable in Ireland and even though he has never ridden in england he will still be a huge danger to Menorah and holds a 88% strike rate over this trip, Peddlers Cross record says it all and this could be his day again, big task but is strong enough to take this, Oscar Whisky who got defeated here last year by Menorah could easily reverse that form after improving on his last two runs and looks a decent e/w option. Advice back Hurricane Fly 13 Point E/W @ 7/2 (Stanjames) Peddlers Cross 10 Point Win @ 19/4 (Sportingbet) Oscar Whisky 5 Point E/W @ 9/1 (Stanjames) Danger Khyber Kim

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy My computer doesn't seem to be working. Could someone go to the first page and show me the first reply on this topic. I'd like to see who put the winner up first. I'm not quite sure who it was. Thanks. Bloody computer.:@

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy I wasn't a member then. If i was i would have put up my first bet that i placed in April !:tongue2.....joking aside well in mate. I, and i imagine you, needed that like nothing else.:clap

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy I'll watch the race again as i type this. Yes i had my biggest bet of the festival on him(i'm not a big punter). I feel as if it's justice after Binocular pulled out to deny me a chance of a 4 timer. From recollection i just remember keeping my eye on HF. I noticed how well he was travelling. The low and behold the battle was on with Peddlers. When they jumped the last i was worried, because in my mind i thought there might be another hurdle to jump. Yes, the replay is just confirming my thoughts. PC is some battler. He may not have travelled with the class of HF, but my god he never gave in. If he can jump you'd want to know what his aim is. Oscar Whiskey also ran in to a place which i thought was good. He was my second pick.

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Absloutely delighted the race turned out exactly like I thought it would. Obviously if Binocular has been there he may have outrun Pedddlar's Cross on the run to the last but the way Peddlar's Cross came down the hill it would have taken a very special horse to go with him let alone pass him. On reflection I think we just saw that very special horse in Hurricane Fly.:clap Time wasn't as fast as you might expect but the pace change at the top of the hill is what beats horses and this year it was as elecrtric as ever.

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Watching the race again and Overturn was cut up badly turning for home when still right next to Menorah, ran a cracker. Dunguib travelled well for a long way, was nudged along before being hampered but I think he just doesn't have the two mile gears. Also really think he'd benefit from a top jockey. Also needs to settle better, pulled a bit early on. Clerk's Choice also travelled well for a long way but ultimately lacks that bit of class. Stayed on nicely though and is worthy of his 150s rating. Thousand Stars showed how good the Irish form is by finishing fourth staying on strongly. Oscar Whisky will make an immense chaser. All this talk of horses going to Aintree. Binocular, Hurricane Fly, Quevega, Peddlers. Can't wait already. :loon

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Don't really have a lot of ammo though do they? Watching the race again Ruby had to ask HF to quicken at the point where you would expect Binocular to have made his move and he picked up reaaly well then came back on the bridle and then after the last quickened again. Takes a very special Horse to be able to do that. The main two things that put punters off HF were his sire and he had never been to Cheltenham. With those out of the way and his ability proven I doubt if many would fancy Binocluar to beat him now.

Re: Tues 3.20 : Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy Fly is extending on the line and went from half a length to almost 2 lengths at the finish. I think there's much left in the tank. When Binocular makes his move I expect Fly to be following him on the bridle and I really really hope they meet next year with Binocular winning all his trials and looking better than ever. :hope