Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase 2009 winner Imperial Commander may have set an interesting guide for future Ryanair Chases having won the Paddy Power Chase at The Open in November, 2008. Previous course form is very important with such winners of the race like Fondmort was winning his fourth race at Cheltenham when victorious in 2006. Our Vic, successful in 2008, was winning for the third time at the course. In the 6 runnings of the race the biggest priced winner has been 14/1, Albertas Run came home at that price in 2010.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase What a tough race from an AP perspective. Especially if Mullins sends both JY Vole and Golden Silver. On top of that Sizing Europe and Punchestown could also go there along with Poquelin, Albertas Run and Tranquil Sea. I think i will bide my time because it's looking potentially hot. Sizing Europe could be interesting.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase I've just taken Kalahari King ew at 20-1 (bet365) for this race. The race was featured in the weekender and they explained that half the field are likely to run in other races. Ferdy has said KK will go up in trip and run in the Ryanair, it's better going left handed and his horses are spot on by March. It won't beat Master Minded today but a half decent effort could see it clipped in for this race.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase

I've just taken Kalahari King ew at 20-1 (bet365) for this race. The race was featured in the weekender and they explained that half the field are likely to run in other races. Ferdy has said KK will go up in trip and run in the Ryanair' date=' it's better going left handed and his horses are spot on by March. It won't beat Master Minded today but a half decent effort could see it clipped in for this race.[/quote'] this is what i was talking about in the ATR thread on wrong distances, the horse could not possibly win today despit having won over 2m 1st time up last year, this is a 2m4f+ horse now. Still think Somersby is also.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase KALAHARI KING I'd just posted the same thing too guys on another thread... I'm a little bit late today lads, I had a very small e/w bet (only one today) on one of my favourites, Kalahari King. I've obviously (on here many times) been following Ferdy/Graham Lee for years and the sire Kahyasi (my 1988 derby winner when i was a mere 18y/o). It was no more than a "kick myself if it happens to win" effort. I went to Stenhousemuir today to watch the mighty diamonds get beat in a lacklustre 'bad day at the office' but I managed to find a Coral in Larbert to watch the final 2f of the race and it was no shock to see KK out of the picture. Until I got home and saw the replay, I didn't see the incident where KK was badly hampered, so the run isn't looking as bad as I first feared. 2 things from the race. KK doesn't really want so much cut in the ground, so conditions not quite ideal. Also, Ferdy has said that the class 2milers go off to quick for KK who's a bit on the small side too. He wants to get him out over 2.5m this spring and targetting the Ryanair. Watching back over this race KK wasn't travelling too badly but Ferdy reckons it will suit KK as they won't go off so fast in the Ryanair. Watching how well KK got back into things in the closing stages, he looks like he's in good shape, and though I'm a couple of quid down today, I think a nice antepost e/w punt on the Ryanair is the order of the day.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase Agree with all that diamond. I hadn't backed it on today's race but was watching keenly and it got hampered that much it nearly ran out. For me it showed it needs a step up with how well it finished. Not checked antepost prices since but felt 20-1 was too big. Long Run was fav for Ryanair midweek, surely will go Gold Cup route. I can see KK being half that 20-1 by race day.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase I sent an e-mail to the trainer of Weird Al asking him how the horse was. Anyway obviously i got no reply. There was by coincidence an article on the SportingLife site today where the trainer states that the festival is still the target if he comes out well of his re-appearance in middle/late February. Anyway i've taken a small bet on 40s incase they send him to the Ryanair. He usually travels nicely and jumps very well. It's all a bit frustrating so i'm not parting with any more money until things become a bit clearer.

• 2 weeks later...

Not checked antepost prices since but felt 20-1 was too big. I can see KK being half that 20-1 by race day.
Now 10-1 for Kalahari King. Stable out of form, no winners in last 2 weeks (unless they've had one today) but that's often the case. Dodgy Ferdy will pop up at Cheltenham with an unfancied 50-1 winner. I expect KK to be 100% by March and stand a great chance of winning.

Now 10-1 for Kalahari King. Stable out of form' date=' no winners in last 2 weeks (unless they've had one today) but that's often the case. Dodgy Ferdy will pop up at Cheltenham with an unfancied 50-1 winner. I expect KK to be 100% by March and stand a great chance of winning.[/quote'] has taken him a while to get going this term and surprised if he doesnt have 1 lined up value on KK gone now its down to 10's, should be a great race this one. KK still has to convince me that its a cheltenham type

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase [Now 10-1 for Kalahari King. Stable out of form, no winners in last 2 weeks (unless they've had one today) but that's often the case. Dodgy Ferdy will pop up at Cheltenham with an unfancied 50-1 winner. I expect KK to be 100% by March and stand a great chance of winning.] ======= Yeah you've got to respect any of his runners he sends down there,,as they have been specifically trained for that day all year[winner 2day Divers]..But really how this man gets away with his blatant cheating-twisting,,,god only knows or the devil

Yeah you've got to respect any of his runners he sends down there' date=',as they have been specifically trained for that day all year[winner 2day Divers']..But really how this man gets away with his blatant cheating-twisting,,,god only knows or the devil
he has done it for years though, it is well known never to back a murphy horse 1st time up

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase Kalahari King makes his long-awaited seasonal reappearance at Doncaster tomorrow 2010..Though Kalahari King is the classiest performer in the race, his fitness is an obvious concern after a 287-day lay-off. So that blows this comment---"it is well known never to back a murphy horse 1st time up"==as he skated up

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase Kalahari King was no match for the front two in the Victor Chandler on Saturday 22nd january but he would definitely have been third but for nearly being carried off the course by Petit Robin when that one fell. He stayed on really well up the straight and the extended trip of the RyanAir is just what he needs. He always shows his best form from February onwards and his record at the Cheltenham Festival is fantastic with a 4th in the Supreme Novice Hurdle, 2nd in the Arkle and a 3rd in the Champion Chase. I reckon it’s going to be really hard to keep this one out of the frame

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase RYANAIR CHASE 2011 TRENDS The Ryanair Chase is one of the newer races at the festival. It was first run in 2005 as a grade 2 chase over 2M 5F for horses whose best trip fell between the Champion Chase and Gold Cup distances. It became a grade 1 chase in 2008 and has grown stronger each year. Below we take a look at the trends for the past 6 years: Age (Win-Place-Runners) 6yo: 1-1-4 7yo: 0-3-8 8yo: 1-3-12 9yo: 2-4-21 10yo: 2-1-11 11yo+: 0-0-8 No strong trends on the age of the winner in this race. Bred Irish bred: 4-5-36 French bred: 2-7-19 Other: 0-0-2 British bred: 0-0-6 Recent/Past Form 5 of 6 winners finished in first 3 last time (exception 6th in King George) 5 of 6 winners achieved an RPR of 154+ on their last chase start 6 of 6 winners had won at Cheltenham (4 over the trip) 6 of 6 winners had won a graded race 5 of 6 winners had won a graded chase at Cheltenham (exception was placed) 6 of 6 winners had 2 to 4 runs that season 5 of 6 winners had won or been placed in the Paddy Power or AP McCoy Gold Cups 6 of 6 winners were officially rated 152+ Other race Defending Ryanair winner (Albertas Run): P (0-0-1) Highest placed finisher from last year to return: 161P5 (2-0-5) Victorchandler.com Handicap Chase winner (Tartak): 18 (1-0-2) Paddy Power Gold Cup winner (Little Josh): 919 (1-0-3) Clonmel Oil Chase winner (Tranquil Sea): 32 (0-2-2) Vote AP Gold Cup winner (Poquelin): F2 (0-1-2) Charlie Hall Chase winner (Nacarat): 24 (0-1-2) Ascot Chase winner: 942 (0-1-3) Melling Chase winner (Albertas Run): 625 (0-1-3) Peterborough Chase winner (Tartak): 535664 (0-1-6) 4 of 6 winners ran in that season's Paddy Power Gold Cup, finishing 24F1 (1 exception Our Vic won the race 3 years previous) 3 of 6 winners ran in that season's Boylesports Gold Cup, finishing 3B2 2 of 6 winners ran in the Aintree Bowl, finishing 33 2 of 6 winners ran in the Ascot Chase, finishing 32 Since the race became a grade 1 in 2008, all 3 winners had run in the King George, finishing 266 Trainers Paul Nicholls (2-2-9) has gained 2 wins and 2 places from 9 runners in this race. Nicky Henderson (1-1-7) trained Fondmort to win it and finish 2nd. Jonjo O’Neill (1-0-1) & Nigel Twiston-Davies (1-0-1) trained the last 2 winners. Irish trained runners (0-4-16) don’t have a great record in this one. Price 5 of 6 winners were priced 6/1 or below & came from first 3 in betting Albertas Run at 14/1 was the first double-figure priced winner of this. Favourites (1-3-7) don’t have a great record having gained just 1 win with a joint favourite, showing level stakes loss of 3.83. Summary: Based on the trends from the past 10 years you are looking for a horse: · Placed on last 2 runs and/or ran in the King George · Achieved RPR of 154+ on last chase run · Won a graded chase at Cheltenham · 2 to 4 runs since October · Officially rated 152+ · Won or been placed in Vote AP or Paddy Power Gold Cups · Trained by Paul Nicholls · First 3 in the betting (6/1 or below)

• 2 weeks later...

riverside theatre my thought @8 -1 888 sport
why is that mate, reasoning required please otherwise post will have to be deleted. Personally i think its better on a flat track i.e Ascot, Kempton and hopefully Aintree, i would leave it for Aintree personally

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase I am really struggling with this race this year I have a rough idea of the other main races but this one seems open to me this year usually between OR 152 - 165 ran well recently and a stayer with Chelt form - Noland is the one that seems to be jumping out at me age 10 is ok and class horse in right ratings bracket ran this side of christmas won AON Chase over 3 miles - 25/1 william hill also he is an old classy horse- could be an ok e/w

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase I think Mowgli is going to be rich after this race. If ever a race was taylormade for a horse it's Kalahari King. Must be avery quiet forum this as Riverside theatre as we know is anon runner. Alberta's would be my idea of the biggest danger to Ferdie's fellow.

Re: Thurs 2.40 : Ryanair Chase Thursday 2:40 Cheltenham: Rubi Light 1pt e/w 33/1 William Hill NRNB Rubi Light is lightly raced and does not have Cheltenham experience. However, at a big price he might just be worth chancing. His last run gives plenty of hope. Rubi Light beat Roberto Goldback by ten legths at Gowran Park. Checking back on Roberto Goldback's form he was not beaten far by Tranquil Sea and JY Vole in the John Durkin which is a Grade One chase. It may be reading too much in to one line of form, especially as the going when Rubi Light beat Roberto Goldback was heavy. To add weight to his case, his trainer Robbie Hennessy said that Rubi Light was a little short of work and had not been well when Rubi Light put up a creditable effort behind Golden Silver on his previous start, and that horse is an excellent yard stick. With so few miles on the clock and plenty of potential Rubi Light could go well.

Tartak would be interesting here. Mind' date=' has drifted to 75 on exchanges. Is entered soon elsewhere, so anyone know if he will go for the Ryanair race?[/quote'] I have been on tom George website today and to me looks like the ryan air goto entries section and all confirmed entries are red unconfirmed blue and 2:40 is red. I hope so I got 148/1 and 140/1 on 31/1/11