** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Starting Over With Cash Poker - 5nl > 10nl

Rebel

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 2nl Hi mate, I'm in a similar boat to you when you started this.....looking to start at really low limit cash and freeroll tournys to build a bankroll. Could you explain the HUD to me. I've seen a few of the better players on here use them but i don't know what it is/does and where to get it from. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 2nl Been a while since I updated this challenge so here is a quick update. Since the last update I have tried a few different things, 2 NL 6 max, short stacking the 5nl FR game, to no great effect. So mid to late September I sat about playing with 100bb on 2nl FR again. I am please to say that since the start of October I have had only 2 loosing days, I was playing tired and after dropping a few buy-ins I just quit for the day. And one thing I have noticed is that after say 5 or 6pm there are a hell of a lot more players that will call down your made hands. Here is the October Graph for 2nl up to 12-10-11 2nloct2011.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us As a result of this good run I am no longer showing a loss at 2nl (very small profit) Graph for 2nl so far for 2011 2nl2011.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us From tomorrow I am going to take a 2 buy-in shot at 5nl, I know I am only showing a tiny profit at 2nl but I currently have 32ish buy-in for 5nl in the BR I set aside for this challenge and if i have to drop down to 2nl again if the shot does not work out, then hopefully the profit for 2nl will grow.Also i am hoping to have a more comfortable BR for 5nl by the time the next lot of milestone hands start on pokerstars. That and I would very much like to correct this graph for 5nl. 5nl Graph for 2011(& lifetime) 5nl2011.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us :hope

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 2nl>>5nl Won about 8 buy-ins at 5nl, but over the 70 Billionth hand promotion lost them and dropped back to 2nl where i lost another 8-9 buy-in by trying to play on 20 tables. So after a break yesterday i went back to normal today but at 2nl a won 5.5 buy-in's back. Ill stay a 2nl until i have 40 buy-ins for 5nl so ill be more comfortable taking another shot at 5nl. I also was surprise to see one of the on-line pro's (chipstar1) seated at one of the 2nl tables - guess it was for a training video PokerStars Game #70070100979: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2011/11/05 16:11:19 WET [2011/11/05 12:11:19 ET] Table 'Athalia IV' 9-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: Matayn83 ($2 in chips) Seat 4: chipstar1 ($5.28 in chips) Seat 5: Rebel Fitz ($2.09 in chips) Seat 6: PandaCloud ($2.06 in chips) Seat 7: kalaivan ($0.86 in chips) Seat 8: Panic_butt0n ($5.09 in chips) Seat 9: moerci1606 ($1.44 in chips) chipstar1: posts small blind $0.01 Rebel Fitz: posts big blind $0.02 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Rebel Fitz [Js 9c] PandaCloud: folds kalaivan: folds Panic_butt0n: folds moerci1606: folds Matayn83: folds chipstar1: raises $0.04 to $0.06 Rebel Fitz: raises $0.12 to $0.18 chipstar1: folds Uncalled bet ($0.12) returned to Rebel Fitz Rebel Fitz collected $0.12 from pot Rebel Fitz: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $0.12 | Rake $0 Seat 1: Matayn83 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: chipstar1 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 5: Rebel Fitz (big blind) collected ($0.12) Seat 6: PandaCloud folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: kalaivan folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: Panic_butt0n folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: moerci1606 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

• 1 month later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 2nl>5nl>2nl Right, been grinding away on and off at 2 nl after the dip from the previous milestone promotion, and finally built my bankroll that I set side for this up to a 44 buy-in roll for 5nl, so I am going to take a 4 buy-in shot at 5nl if the 4 buy-in shot goes south ill drop back to 2nl until I get back to 44 buy-ins. 2nl record since 01-10-11 2nloct2011.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us 2nl record lifetime 2nllife.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us So on to 5nl

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 2nl>5nl>2nl>5nl Quick update on the 5nl, things have not started out too well, running about 6 buy-in under EV, and took a nose dive while i tried to play the same as i did in 2nl, just was not working for me. I was close to getting a VIP Stellar Reward(not there yet) to i said i would tighten up and play this level until it is cleared and then drop back to 2nl. By playing this way today i managed to stop the rot and start to turn it around a bit, + 4 buy-ins for today. Hope it continues. Was checking out a few players on PTR and looked up myself (still crap 44, was 52 once), but found this about my 2nl play, not sure if it means anything but i am happy with it. 2nlreport.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - >2nl Right i have made enough back to take a 4 buy-in shot at 5nl again, Currently have 44 buy-ins for 5nl, this time i really have to drop down a level if(when) i loose the buy-in shots. Stats, as you now need a ImageShack account to host content and i dont have one +$103.94 - All Levels - 286,568 hands - Since 01-10-11 +$227.42 - 2nl - 205,819 hands - Since 01-10-11 -$120.52 - 5nl - 80,671 hands - Since 01-10-11 -$2.96 - 25nl - 78 hands - Since - 01-10-11 +$26.25 - All Levels - 74,024 hands - This Year +$103.55 - 2nl -60,701 hands - This Year -$74.34 - 5nl - 13,245 hands - This Year -$2.96 - 25nl - 78 hands -This Year Note does not include 5,314 hands played at 2nl on the 02-02-2012 due to a pokerstars update resulting in all hands play been recorded as a loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - >5nl Thankfully the run at 5nl has worked out so far(+22 buyins), still making a good few mistakes but over all up. I know i am not setting the world alight but it is a hell of a big improvement from where i was. but still loads to learn. Graph do not include hands played on the 2/2/12 for reasons listed in the above post Feb Graph feb12.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Feb 5nl feb5nl.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Feb 2nl feb2nl.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us 2012 2012n.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Since 01-10-10 oct2011k.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us With Zoom coming out probably this month i am unsure where to play as i never played rush so i have no idea what to expect. but if there is no hud may stick to the regular tables.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - >5nl Please to say i have won 45 buy-ins at 5nl, running about EV, only just under 2BB/100 not great but i still have stuff to work on. Graph of this shot at 5nl 5nlsincefeb.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Life time at 5nl 5nllifetime.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us So time for a crack at 10nl and to correct this graph at 10nl. Ill probably buy in for 50BB at first to wet my feet. Will start on Monday or Tuesday as it the St Patricks Weekend and i am Irish. 10nllifetime.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us See Zoom was released today might have a play around on that at 2nl to see what it is like. Might start playing Tournments again too, we will see.

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 5nl > 10nl Won 10 buy-ins at 5nl to give me a 5 buy-in shot again at 10nl, wont buy in for 50bb this time because i am not comfortable with play short shacked on ring games. Will probably give 10nl a go later. Also downloaded the the new PT4 public beta test, loving the HUD will defo be paying for the upgrade from PT3 when it is released. only problem at the mo is it crashes ever once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 10nl >5nl Bit of a frustrating month was March, has a nice win rate at 5nl but the rest was terrible. Took 2 shots at 10nl, both failed. Zoom was a nightmare. Yesterday i came with-in 1/5 of a buy to take another shot a 10nl or 5nl Zoom before dropping 5 buy-ins in a blink of an eye trying to force the issue. Anyway currently 3 buy-ins away from taking another shot at some thing. Here are the graphs. March mar2012.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us March 5nl mar5nl.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us March 10nl:eyes mar10nl.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us March Zoom:@ marzoom.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us The balance of March was made up of 2nl while i was setting up my HUD. 2012 2012pc.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Since 01-10-11 011011mar12.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us I have not kept track of rack back during this time, wise i did but if i was to guess it would add a couple hundred more. Pokertracker 4 is good but needs more of my laptops resources to run, as a result i have had to drop 2 tables to stop my laptop from lagging.

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 5nl > 10nl Converted my FPP's into 33T$ earlier today, 1st Tourney ITM - we will see how i go in the odd tourney PokerStars Tournament #566010427, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD 2809 players Total Prize Pool: $14045.00 USD Tournament started 2012/04/01 18:00:00 WET [2012/04/01 13:00:00 ET] Dear Rebel Fitz, You finished the tournament in 180th place. A USD 14.04 award has been credited to your Real Money account. You earned 67.95 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/leader-board/

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 5nl > 10nl Been mixing 10nl tables in with 5nl and slowly adding move 10nl and playing less 5nl not full 10nl yet but anyway to the reason for this update. Today i can finally show a profit over my lifetime of playing cash to the total sum of $14.09.:loon Piss away a lot when i first started playing. Record at 10nl were i did most of the damage in the beginning still does not look good at all, currently 27 buy-in in the hole there but aim to rectify that. Current lifetime Graph lifetimea.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us Messing around with my computer setting at the moment, so i am going to drop back to 2nl to stress my laptop to test how far i can push her.

Re: Starting Over With Cash Poker - 5nl > 10nl 3rd $5.50 tourney, 2nd cash, $T16.50 left PokerStars Tournament #568010422, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD 1921 players Total Prize Pool: $9605.00 USD Tournament started 2012/04/10 18:00:00 WET [2012/04/10 13:00:00 ET] Dear Rebel Fitz, You finished the tournament in 108th place. A USD 14.40 award has been credited to your Real Money account.