** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cards and Corners

captaincool

I'm going to be picking out games across Europe and placing bets on both the cards and corners markets, usually in doubles. I'll largely be focusing on English and Spanish matches, for the most part the live sky ones. This will be done using real money at Bet365. Bet 1: Osasuna v Barcelona Over 5.5 cards & Over 10 corners (asian) - £10 @3.2

Re: Cards and Corners The Barca game never managed to cross either the corner or cards line, but the Real Madrid one was done after about an hour. Total Staked: £20 Total Returned: £32.85 :ok edit - just realised that doesn't tally up with the odds quoted, not sure what I did, but the returns are right, screenshots can be provided if needed.

Re: Cards and Corners The thing about corners is they are influenced by the way the game is going. Usually when a team is losing, they attack and are more likely to get corners - that's why Bet 365 change their in-play team corner odds when a team goes behind. It's hard to predict the number of corners in a game, although some teams who play with a lot of pace and width do tend to get a lot of corners.

Re: Cards and Corners The positive thing for corner backers in this game though is that both teams are liable to force corners, whoever is in front. West Brom attack with pace down both flanks and Newcastle force corners by lobbing the ball in for the big daft basstard in the middle to head against defenders.

Re: Cards and Corners

With 9 corners in 50 minutes' date=' I don't think we'll have to wait for the last ten minutes for those. The bookings is looking a bit dodgy though.[/quote'] Final Score: West Brom 3 Newcastle 1 Corners: 7-3 Cards: 0-5 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9236015.stm I saw a little bit of the second half. West Brom looked the better of two attacking teams, and deserved the win from what I saw. After West Brom took the lead, they didn't 'sit back' but continued to attack, winning more corners in the process. From what I saw, Newcastle struggled to get the ball in the second half ... and if you haven't got the ball you won't get many corners ;) I do bet on corners myself - so I'm interested in this strategy :ok

Re: Cards and Corners Gutted with that, it looked great after about an hour, but my instincts were right. Bet 4 - Sunderland v West Ham Under 11.5 corners & Over 4 cards (asian) £10 @3.45 Expect Sunderland to rout West Ham, so hopefully some Hammers will lose the plot. Surprised to see the corners line so high, so have to go under.