Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Basel - Cluj
Selection over 2,5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 1.78
Reasoning Swiss teams are quite overish , Basel is not different 29 overs in last 40 games!At home Basel got 5 times over 3,5 goals in last 7 games!Basel got only 1 clean sheet in last 10 home games. actually basel conceeded 12 goals in last 6 home games.Thorsten Fink got a cup game lately and tried to save fresh his starts - Frei and Huggel.Basel managed to take 3 points from their visit in Rome (1:3) but was not so focused at home and Rome won after just a couple of shoots on target.St Jakob-Park will be full and the hosts will face one of the good suprises this season - Cluj. I dont know how the team is playing in the domestic league , but Cluj is playing quite offensive in CL lately.They are playing with 3 offensive players and created many troubles in Rome and Munich, loosing with 2:1 and 3:2.Cluj got 20 overs in last 32 official games.Last round Cluj was losing against Bayern but didnt stop to attack and thats why lost with 0:4.For this game the owner said that there will be big prizes for eventual win over Basel and the players will be quite motivated to take something.Cluj had scored a single goal in all of their last 7 away games in all competitions. I expect two motivated sides , hungry for the 3 points .My pick is that we will see goal festival tonight at St Jakob-Park

Event Ajax - Real M
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.25
Reasoning Ajax is in poor form lately winning only once in their last 5 games and it was for the Dutch cup against poor team at home.They lost 3 times and drawed once.Actually in their last 3 league games they got 3 straight games without scoring a single goal.I dont know where is the problem , but Ajax is far away from their best days.Emanuelson and Oleguer will miss the game,while Suarez is set to be fit and will start. Real is playing perfect this season and Maurinho said that he wants to win this game , to continue his great Europe run and to win confidense for weekend`s el clasico.Khedira,Carvalho and Higuain will miss the game due to slight injuries but Cr.Ronaldo , Benzema , Di Maria and Ozil seems dangerous enough for shaky Ajax defense,which got only 8 clean sheets in last 30 games! The away team is in better form + better quality in individuals , so away win is must bet with such odds.

port Football (Euro Cups)
Event Braga - Arsenal
Selection over 2,5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.90
Reasoning Arsenal seems very unstable lately.They missed good opportunity to attack the leaders position in England after Chelsea`s mistaskes and after leading on Tottenham 2:0 after first half , but then losing the game 2:3!Arsenal without Vermaalen and without strong keeper will got many problems against strong motivated Braga.Almunia, Vermaelen, Diaby, Ramsey are out for Arsenal .Arshavin hadnt score a single goal in 11 games and thats a little bit strange for him.Actually Arsenal got 20 overs in last 28 games.Arsenal hadnt scored a single goal only against Chelsea in last 11 official games. Braga is not doing it well lately losing 3 straight games in the domestic league against not so good opponents.Braga conceed 7 goals in these 3 games and i am quite sure Braga defense will got much more problems against fast Arsenal attackers.Actually Braga got 23 overs in last 35 games!But one thing can inspire Braga ,they won in Serbia and with eventual win today they can fight for next stage.They already showed that are fighters and if Arsenal dont take them serious they can hit them.Braga won at home against Celtic.Sevilla and Partizan.Braga hadnt score a single goal in only 1 game - against Shakhtar in front of home crowd in their last 23 home games in all competitions. I expect agressive and open game from both sides , taking the fact of the poor defense performance lately,my pick is that the teams will try to score more than to conceed. eventual starting line up for Arsenal: Flaps Eboue-Djourou-Squillaci-Gibbs Song-Wilshere Theo-Cesc-Rosicky Chamakh Bench: Wojo, Sagna, Koscielny, Denilson, Bendtner, Vela, Nasri

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November some of you guys are backing shakhtar. i suggest not to Partizan last 4 games - 4 wins goal diff. 15-3 yes, they played domestic games against weaker teams, but they destroyed them. And Partizan was unlucky in their last CL game against Braga. Although Shakhtar have won 4 of their last games, with goal diff. 8:2, this game wont be easy as it seems. And the are playing without Mkhitaryan, who has been in great form recently Plus the Partizan Stadium is packed with passion fans, who can make big difference I would even recommend Partizan, with minimum stakes.

Event Basel - Cluj
Selection over 2' date='5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2010
Reasoning Swiss teams are quite overish , Basel is not different 29 overs in last 40 games!At home Basel got 5 times over 3,5 goals in last 7 games!Basel got only 1 clean sheet in last 10 home games. actually basel conceeded 12 goals in last 6 home games.Thorsten Fink got a cup game lately and tried to save fresh his starts - Frei and Huggel.Basel managed to take 3 points from their visit in Rome (1:3) but was not so focused at home and Rome won after just a couple of shoots on target.St Jakob-Park will be full and the hosts will face one of the good suprises this season - Cluj. I dont know how the team is playing in the domestic league , but Cluj is playing quite offensive in CL lately.They are playing with 3 offensive players and created many troubles in Rome and Munich, loosing with 2:1 and 3:2.Cluj got 20 overs in last 32 official games.Last round Cluj was losing against Bayern but didnt stop to attack and thats why lost with 0:4.For this game the owner said that there will be big prizes for eventual win over Basel and the players will be quite motivated to take something.Cluj had scored a single goal in all of their last 7 away games in all competitions. I expect two motivated sides , hungry for the 3 points .My pick is that we will see goal festival tonight at St Jakob-Park
All 4 of Basel's and Cluj's games in the Champions league have gone over 2.5 goals. Also both these team's games have been averaging above 3.5 goals. If anything this game shouts that there will be a lot of goals.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Marca (sometimes reliable, sometimes not) has Real ling up: ------------------------Casillas------------------------------- ----Arbeloa------Ramos-----------Marcelo-----------Albiol----- ------------------Xabi-------------Lass----------------------- -----------Leon------------Oezil-----------Ronaldo------------ -------------------------Benzema----------------------------- Has them resting Pepe and Di Maria which isn't a disaster to me, the main guys Alonso, Oezil, Ronaldo are still there, its a side that looks balanced and will be attacking..sticking with Real.

Spartak Moscow v Marseille Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 (Bet365) As mentioned, this is one of Spartak's last games this year before the Christmas break and certainly against their biggest opposition. They will want to make a statement about their Champion's league intentions and have a pretty much full strength squad to play with. On the other hand, we know what Marseille are capable of, especially following the 7-0 demolition of MSK Zilina (obviously a different class compared to Spartak). Therefore I can see no other result than over 2.5 goals.
:lol

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Afternoon everyone, I have gone for two bets today. Event: Spartak Moscow vs Marseille Selection: Both teams to score Strength: 5/10 Reason: Spartak have not been playing so well at home recently, they lost 3-1 to their rivals, CSKA, on the weeked and at home. However, they will look to win this and win the group. Alex will be missing again and both Ivanov and Pavshivlyuk are struggling with injuries. They have a 50/50 chance of recovering for the match.This should open up play and create more goals. Marseille should have no problem with scoring, having come off their 7-0 away win against Zilina and having a nearly fully fit squad. Both teams will go for this but Marseille will want it more because their next game is against Chelsea. Bet: Both teams to score @1.88 with Betfair Next. Event: Sporting Braga vs Arsenal Selection: Arsenal -0.5,-1AH Strength: 7/10 Reason: Well, this one may be more clear cut. Arsenal were robbed on the weekend and deservedly so. They acted very naively in the second half and Fabregas threw his toys out of the pram. However, Arsenal seem to play very well after losing a poor game. When they lost at home to West Brom 3-2, they went and beat Partizan away 3-1, completely outclassing belgrade. Arsenal have been very impressive on the road this season, losing just 2 games against Chelsea and Shakhtar.If that is not enough reasoning then maybe this will swing you into my line of thinking: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/9217880.stm Bet: Arsenal -0.5,-1AH @ 2.12 with Betfair

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Roma v Bayern Munich 1 Point Bayern Munich win @ 3/1 (Skybet) These teams have met 3 times previously, Bayern won all 3 of them. Bayern sit pretty on top winning 4 from 4 games. Roma have kept only two clean sheets in their last 21 Champions League matches. Even though Bayern are safe, i fancy them to seal another win... Chelsea v Zilina 1 Point Chelsea Half-Time/Full-Time @ 4/7 (Paddypower) These teams have met 3 times, Chelsea won all 3 comfortably. Zilina have worst defence in CL, conceding 15 goals thus far. Chelsea have only lost 1 of their last 24 home games in CL. Zilina have not scored in their last 3 CL games. Should be a comfortable Chelsea win, regardless of starting 11. Ajax v Real Madrid 1 Point Ajax win @ 11/4 (Bwin) Ajax have played 4 home games against Spanish sides in CL, and have never lost in any of the 4. The have played Real 3 times in Netherlands , winning twice and drawing the other. I feel Ajax were 9/4 shots, so 11/4 is value to me. Real have already qualified so Ajax will need the points. Auxerre v AC Milan 1 Point Auxerre win @ 27/11 (Unibet) Milans only visit to Auxerre in CL, they lost 3-1. Auxerre have lost only two of their last 18 European home games. Milan have one solitary win in their last nine Champions League matches. Should be a good tussle this one but im counting on Auxerre's impressive home form to hold up. Partizan Belgrade v Shakhtar Donetsk 1 Point Partizan Belgrade win @ 9/2 (VC) Shakhtar have played here once, and lost that game 1-0. Shakhtar have never advanced beyond the group stage in five previous attempts. On paper, yes Shakhtar should probably get a result here but i market Partizan up @ 3/1 so the available 9/2 is value for me.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November I agree with everyone backing Arsenal, anything above 1.9 is good value. Just to add that Bendtner will defnitely be starting this game, so I'd go for an Arsenal lineup of... ---------Fabianski----------- Sagna Koscielny Djourou Gibbs ------Wilshere Denilson------ --------Fabregas------------ ---Walcott-------Rosicky ---------Bendtner-----------

Event Basel - Cluj
Selection over 2' date='5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2010
All 4 of Basel's and Cluj's games in the Champions league have gone over 2.5 goals. Also both these team's games have been averaging above 3.5 goals. If anything this game shouts that there will be a lot of goals.
Will follow you on this one in a double with below bet. Ajax - Real Madrid I think I might have found a good bet here. Real does really well in scoring corners. In their 6 away games in La Liga they lost on corners only once, while in the remaining 5 games they won on corners by at least 3 corners. In Champions League this season they won on corners in all 4 games. Against Milan at home they won only by 2 corners while in the 3 other games they won by a bigger margin. Basel - Cluj, Over 2.5 Goals & Real Madrid -1 Corner @ 3.42 William Hill

Will follow you on this one in a double with below bet. Ajax - Real Madrid I think I might have found a good bet here. Real does really well in scoring corners. In their 6 away games in La Liga they lost on corners only once, while in the remaining 5 games they won on corners by at least 3 corners. In Champions League this season they won on corners in all 4 games. Against Milan at home they won only by 2 corners while in the 3 other games they won by a bigger margin. Basel - Cluj, Over 2.5 Goals & Real Madrid -1 Corner @ 3.42 William Hill
Agreed, It is indeed a good pick. If I recall correctly, Real Madrid have won all their corner match bets, in other words have always had more corners than their opponents in their Champions League games thus far.

Agreed, It is indeed a good pick. If I recall correctly, Real Madrid have won all their corner match bets, in other words have always had more corners than their opponents in their Champions League games thus far.
That's correct, and they cleared -1 Corner handicap in all 4 games in Champions League.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November I really like the look of Chelsea to win to nil tonight. They've scored 12 goals in 4 CL games, conceding only 2 and are up against a side who have absolutely nothing to play for and have only managed to score one goal in the group stage so far. Stamford Bridge is as tough a place as any to get goals and considering that the chelsea win is 1/7, odds of 8/11 for them to win to nil seems very generous. Chelsea to win to nil @ 8/11. Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Right a couple of biggish priced bets for me tonight: Rosicky anytime scorer @ 4/1 - 2pts - StanJames Wilshire anytime scorer @ 9/2 - 2pts - StanJames Both start for Arsenal tonight and if Arsenal click like I expect them to tonight then there could be a few goals flying in. Rosicky gets a rare start and for someone that is playing that high up the pitch its a big price for anytime scorer imo. Wilshire also looks a big price to me, obvious talent but yet to really start hitting in the goals, could be his chance tonight and likely to play the full 90. Chelsea -1 Handicap at halftime @ 9/5 - 5pts - StanJames As most people know by now Zilina really arn't cut out for this competition and it doesnt get much harder than an away trip to Stamford Bridge. Chelsea hit a bit of a slump lately but their performance against Birmingham wasn't actually that bad, a combination of bad luck and great keeping saw them fail to score. Tonight however I feel we may see a backlash, and with a bit of youth coming in mixed with experience I fancy Chelsea to walk this 4 or 5 nil. Zilina so far in this competition at half time. Zilina 0 - 3 Chelsea Moscow 1 - 0 Zilina Marseille 0 - 0 Zilina Zilina 0 - 4 Marseille The price looks big to me considering those scorelines. Chelsea -2 Handicap @ 6/5 Also looks a big price to me considering the gap in quality, even with a second string Chelsea side.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Braga vs. Arsenal @ 1.90 :@ Partizan Belgrade vs. Shakhtar @ 1.72 :eyes Roma vs. Bayern Munich @ 1.95 :eyes Shakhtar was more comfortable than I envisaged. Thought Roma was dead and buried at Half Time!! Arsenal game was crazy, how Vela didn't get a penalty I'll never know. 5pts staked 7.36pts returned. Could have been worse. Well done to any winners tonight :clap

Roma v Bayern Munich 1 Point Bayern Munich win @ 3/1 (Skybet) These teams have met 3 times previously, Bayern won all 3 of them. Bayern sit pretty on top winning 4 from 4 games. Roma have kept only two clean sheets in their last 21 Champions League matches. Even though Bayern are safe, i fancy them to seal another win... Chelsea v Zilina 1 Point Chelsea Half-Time/Full-Time @ 4/7 (Paddypower) These teams have met 3 times, Chelsea won all 3 comfortably. Zilina have worst defence in CL, conceding 15 goals thus far. Chelsea have only lost 1 of their last 24 home games in CL. Zilina have not scored in their last 3 CL games. Should be a comfortable Chelsea win, regardless of starting 11. Ajax v Real Madrid 1 Point Ajax win @ 11/4 (Bwin) Ajax have played 4 home games against Spanish sides in CL, and have never lost in any of the 4. The have played Real 3 times in Netherlands , winning twice and drawing the other. I feel Ajax were 9/4 shots, so 11/4 is value to me. Real have already qualified so Ajax will need the points. Auxerre v AC Milan 1 Point Auxerre win @ 27/11 (Unibet) Milans only visit to Auxerre in CL, they lost 3-1. Auxerre have lost only two of their last 18 European home games. Milan have one solitary win in their last nine Champions League matches. Should be a good tussle this one but im counting on Auxerre's impressive home form to hold up. Partizan Belgrade v Shakhtar Donetsk 1 Point Partizan Belgrade win @ 9/2 (VC) Shakhtar have played here once, and lost that game 1-0. Shakhtar have never advanced beyond the group stage in five previous attempts. On paper, yes Shakhtar should probably get a result here but i market Partizan up @ 3/1 so the available 9/2 is value for me.
Unlucky with them son :wall

Actually I too think there is great value in Roma's odds.I'm from Rome and know the team quite well and they usually win these matches(against Valencia 2-1,chelsea3-1,real madrid 2-1).I am confident they will not want to risk a thing going to play cluj without being qualified and they will surely put max effort into tomorrows match. Pizzaro will be back and so will be de rossi along with Riise which have rested on saturday.Menez is on fire and Totti will start from the bench leaving Borriello and Vucinic up front,which is IMO an advantage. On the orher hand Bayern is without schweinsteiger robben olic van bommel badsturber their fundamental back spine more or less,and I am not even that sure Ribery will play as I think they will not like to risk him.I must say I don't like Van Gall's press conference and it makes me laught.He says Rome will be on defensive style as all italian teams,I actually think that Bayern plays terrible football and he maybe should remember how convinced he was of winning against Inter last year and how he miserabbly lost or about the fact that after half an hour in old trafford they were losing 3-0 and if Rafael haden't been silly they wouldn't have ever gone through. For what I said I like Rome.
Hasen't been at all the match I was expecting but in the end Rome won still

LOSS X 2 on Arsenal. Apologies on those fellas. Ref denied us a stonewall pen on 78 minutes which would have opened the game for my -1 bet but in the end we concede 2 on the counter.....:@
Thats football I'm afraid, win some lose some..what can you do?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Basel - Cluj Over 2,75 Goals - lost Ajax FH - 0,5 AH - lost Ajax - Real FH Over 1,5 Goals - won Ajax - Real Over 4,5 Cards - won Roma Home Win - won Roma - Bayern Over 3 Goals - won Not bad here, England was also good overall on my singles, but bad Heinz - combos ( Midweek Bets ) ruined a great night ...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Roma @ 1.92 :D Nice fightback when it looked lost Arsenal @ 1.87 :wall. Bad bad decision by the referee not to give the penalty. Score that, and changes the game. Braga then scores soon after and that is that. Ruins the treble. Shaktar Donetsk @ 1.74 :D Easy winners. Even at home, Partizan showed how poor they are in the CL.

Basel - Cluj Over 2' date=75 Goals - lost Ajax FH - 0,5 AH - lost Ajax - Real FH Over 1,5 Goals - won Ajax - Real Over 4,5 Cards - won Roma Home Win - won Roma - Bayern Over 3 Goals - won Not bad here, England was also good overall on my singles, but bad Heinz - combos ( Midweek Bets ) ruined a great night ...
Nicely done :ok