UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November

Jase82

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November

Roma need a win tomorrow against Bayern who have already qualified. Bayern will be without several first team regulars and may elect to blood several youngsters in what is a nothing game to them. They have too many pressing issues in the Bundesliga to worry about breaking too much sweat over tomorrow's match. On top of that, Bayern's away record domestically has been abysmal so far this term, by contrast Roma have been excellent on their own turf of late. At odds of 1.93 for backing Roma (Betfair) I'm suggesting this to be a great value bet. Thoughts?
Actually I too think there is great value in Roma's odds.I'm from Rome and know the team quite well and they usually win these matches(against Valencia 2-1,chelsea3-1,real madrid 2-1).I am confident they will not want to risk a thing going to play cluj without being qualified and they will surely put max effort into tomorrows match. Pizzaro will be back and so will be de rossi along with Riise which have rested on saturday.Menez is on fire and Totti will start from the bench leaving Borriello and Vucinic up front,which is IMO an advantage. On the orher hand Bayern is without schweinsteiger robben olic van bommel badsturber their fundamental back spine more or less,and I am not even that sure Ribery will play as I think they will not like to risk him.I must say I don't like Van Gall's press conference and it makes me laught.He says Rome will be on defensive style as all italian teams,I actually think that Bayern plays terrible football and he maybe should remember how convinced he was of winning against Inter last year and how he miserabbly lost or about the fact that after half an hour in old trafford they were losing 3-0 and if Rafael haden't been silly they wouldn't have ever gone through. For what I said I like Rome.

Actually I too think there is great value in Roma's odds.I'm from Rome and know the team quite well and they usually win these matches(against Valencia 2-1,chelsea3-1,real madrid 2-1).I am confident they will not want to risk a thing going to play cluj without being qualified and they will surely put max effort into tomorrows match. Pizzaro will be back and so will be de rossi along with Riise which have rested on saturday.Menez is on fire and Totti will start from the bench leaving Borriello and Vucinic up front,which is IMO an advantage. On the orher hand Bayern is without schweinsteiger robben olic van bommel badsturber their fundamental back spine more or less,and I am not even that sure Ribery will play as I think they will not like to risk him.I must say I don't like Van Gall's press conference and it makes me laught.He says Rome will be on defensive style as all italian teams,I actually think that Bayern plays terrible football and he maybe should remember how convinced he was of winning against Inter last year and how he miserabbly lost or about the fact that after half an hour in old trafford they were losing 3-0 and if Rafael haden't been silly they wouldn't have ever gone through. For what I said I like Rome.
Also don't forget that B.Munich has already qualified from the group.

I think the under in Ajax-Real is a value bet.Ajax has problems to score,as you can se they have it in their League,too.Suarez is in a very bad form.Real will probably rest some players for the game against Barca next monday.Higuain is out and maybe Ronaldo gets a break,too,then the under is very good to play in my eyes.Maybe the result will be 0-0 or 0-1- Therefore under 2,5 2,10 4pts Stan James GL
I quite agree with you. really see it as a low scoring game. Might even consider Under 1.5 Goals @ 4.00 William Hill or even make double correct score bets. 0-0 @ 13.00 also William Hill looks good to me. Even though Mourinho hasn't lost a game so far, there were several 0-0 draws against average teams, and since a win will ensure them the 1st place in the group I wouldn't rule out a boring 0-0 draw, because teams score against Real mostly when they are 3-4 goals up and get relaxed, otherwise it is very hard to score against this Real Madrid.

I quite agree with you. really see it as a low scoring game. Might even consider Under 1.5 Goals @ 4.00 William Hill or even make double correct score bets. 0-0 @ 13.00 also William Hill looks good to me. Even though Mourinho hasn't lost a game so far, there were several 0-0 draws against average teams, and since a win will ensure them the 1st place in the group I wouldn't rule out a boring 0-0 draw, because teams score against Real mostly when they are 3-4 goals up and get relaxed, otherwise it is very hard to score against this Real Madrid.
yes,and when Real plays really defensive,then they are almost unbeatable in their defense.I like the missing of Higuain and hope Ronaldo will be rested for Barca.Maybe Özil and Di Maria will also be rested or at play maximum 45 minutes at least. Ajax isn´t that good like last year right now.They have problems to score and Suarez is in a very bad form. so under has very much value:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Sporting Braga - Arsenal Pick: Arsenal @ 1.97 5Dimes Stake: 10/10 Units I like the look of Arsenal midweek in the CL at odds of 1.97 against Sporting Braga. My opinion is taking into consideration that Arsene Wenger may not choose his normal starting XI and rest a few players for the weekend. I think Wenger will put a lot emphasis into a good performance and victory to lift spirits after a demoralizing loss to Tottenham. The Braga game should prove an excellent platform to do so with squad players eager to impress. That being said Arsenal are bringing a strong squad to Braga with the notable absentees being: Walcott, Van Persie, Diaby, & Vermaelen. Another reason I'm backing an Arsenal victory is that I believe they match up well to Braga stylistically. Braga play a similar open football game to Arsenal but lack the same technical ability. This type of game can only help Arsenal's chances and I expect them to have a good amount of scoring opportunities. Remember Arsenal thrashed Braga 6-0 in the reverse of this fixture so I am surprised the market hasn't made them stronger favourites. While Arsenal have lost some form as of late domestically, Braga have been faring far worse in the Portuguese league. They currently occupy 10th position and have lost their last 2 games. Arsenal to show their gulf in class @ 1.97 5Dimes Good luck :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Suarez has just been banned for 2 games by Ajax for trying to BITE one of the PSV players near the end of the weekends game :lol..although it doesn't affect the Madrid game it isn't likely to help his mindset, its also likely to be increased up to about 5 games by the Dutch FA going on previous experience..don't want to go on about Suarez too much as we are prob building him up into something he's not, its about Madrid for me as I said in the earlier preview and I think they will come out on top.

Suarez has just been banned for 2 games by Ajax for trying to BITE one of the PSV players near the end of the weekends game :lol..although it doesn't affect the Madrid game it isn't likely to help his mindset' date=' its also likely to be increased up to about 5 games by the Dutch FA going on previous experience..don't want to go on about Suarez too much as we are prob building him up into something he's not, its about Madrid for me as I said in the earlier preview and I think they will come out on top.[/quote'] Real needs to be carefull of Hamdaoui who scored 11 goals in dutch league.Sulejmani scored once and Mido is without a goal in the league.So these two players shouldn´t be very dangerous.I think Mourinho can live with a draw.But 1-0 would be nice too for him.However there won´t be much goals

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November can u guys tell me what u think about arsenal... they got in form,fabregas will play again, but Arsenal will be without: Almunia, Manuel Diaby, Abou Frimpong, Emmanuel Ramsey, Aaron Vermaelen, Thomas Wilshere, Jack (Doubtful) Arsenal rages in Group H: http://kurier.at/sport/sporttabellen/content/showtabelle.asp?design=KURIER&LID=381&SID=1995 Arsenal to win @ 1.96 at pinacle, but there must be something wrong or? I think i go for a Arsenal to win DNB, better to make sure...I do not see Braga winning here, a Draw is the maximum, but DNB sucks, u just get a 1.30 or so,so it's not worth a try i guess...both teams to score @ 1.72 365 seems reasonable.. 3/10 someone got info on braga? and i go for a Cluj win DNB with 4.1 @ 365 with 2/10...i do not see basel that strong, they got problems and cluj is motivated to win...we'll see,i think cluj didnt play that bad in the last games (except against bayern away)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November As I said earlier I'll be taking Arsenal tomorrow away to Braga. Arsenal to beat Braga @ 1.962 (Pinny:5pts) Arsenal -1 @ 12/5 (Paddy Power:2pts) I seriously don't think Braga is a tougher game tham many PL away games and we are priced in the 1.5-1.7 region against some tough sides in England so I see value in this one. Braga like to get the ball down and play and we should be far superior in this respect tomorrow....also seen that they have lost a few games in a row domestically so we could be playing them at the right time. We've brought a strong side out there, Wenger knows we need to win to stay on top as we are level with Shakhtar and he wants to top the group. Arshavin and Van Persie are rested, Clichy has a knock but I still expect something like this tomorrow..... -------------- Fabianski -- Sagna - Squillaci - Koscielny - Gibbs ----------- Song - Wilshere --------------- Fabregas Walcott------------------- Rosicky ---------Bendtner or Chamakh. Maybe Nasri on the bench as he looked beat on Saturday. I am slightly worried about our defence and we are liable to concede a goal but I feel our midfield and attack can get us 2 or 3 goals tomorrow. GL!

As I said earlier I'll be taking Arsenal tomorrow away to Braga. Arsenal to beat Braga @ 1.962 (Pinny:5pts) Arsenal -1 @ 12/5 (Paddy Power:2pts) I seriously don't think Braga is a tougher game tham many PL away games and we are priced in the 1.5-1.7 region against some tough sides in England so I see value in this one. Braga like to get the ball down and play and we should be far superior in this respect tomorrow....also seen that they have lost a few games in a row domestically so we could be playing them at the right time. We've brought a strong side out there, Wenger knows we need to win to stay on top as we are level with Shakhtar and he wants to top the group. Arshavin and Van Persie are rested, Clichy has a knock but I still expect something like this tomorrow..... -------------- Fabianski -- Sagna - Squillaci - Koscielny - Gibbs ----------- Song - Wilshere --------------- Fabregas Walcott------------------- Rosicky ---------Bendtner or Chamakh. Maybe Nasri on the bench as he looked beat on Saturday. I am slightly worried about our defence and we are liable to concede a goal but I feel our midfield and attack can get us 2 or 3 goals tomorrow. GL!
I won't take much convincing on taking the plunge on Arsenal, be very surprised to see Cesc start after Wenger's comments on his continuing hamstring problems, would be an unneeded risk.. If he doesn't start it is obviously not as appealing a bet but Braga are not so hot currently as stated..as you say at the price its worth a punt.

Roma need a win tomorrow against Bayern who have already qualified. Bayern will be without several first team regulars and may elect to blood several youngsters in what is a nothing game to them. They have too many pressing issues in the Bundesliga to worry about breaking too much sweat over tomorrow's match. On top of that, Bayern's away record domestically has been abysmal so far this term, by contrast Roma have been excellent on their own turf of late. At odds of 1.93 for backing Roma (Betfair) I'm suggesting this to be a great value bet. Thoughts?
I agree 100% on this. Bayern have won 4 out of 4 in the Champions League and have secured Qualification. On top of this, their goal difference is that superior to the others that even if they lost their last two games, they may even finish top. Bayern dont NEED to perform in this. Yes a point will be nice to ease their worries but it's far from paramount. Roma on the other hand know that a win tomorow will be massive to them to improve their chances of qualifying and I'm sure Ranieri doesn't want to have to go AWAY to Cluj in a must win game on Matchday 6 and have to find a result. You guys were talking about motivation earlier, Roma have loads, Bayern have little. Bayern are also without Arjen Robben, Holger Badstuber, Miroslav Klose and Ivica Olić and Mark Van Bommel, whilst Demichelis is just coming back from an injury. Roma are boosted by the return of De Rossi and are coming off the back of a good win at home on the weekend. Roma to win @ 1.90 is me all over. - 6pts. The only other match I am willing to have a fairly confident bet on tomorow is the Partizan Belgrade/Shaktar Donetsk game. Partizan are bottom of the group with 0 points and have no chances of qualifying. What are they playing for? Pride? Psshh Come on now! Shakthar have 9 points along with Arsenal and could potentially clinch top spot with Arsenal playing a tricky away game in Braga at the same time. Their manager has come out highligthing their intentions with a win and Shakthar have a formiddable record in their league having Played 16 and Won 14, Drawing 1 and Losing 1. I think a better Shakthar side will have enough about them to see off a Partizan side who are playing for nothing. Shakthar Win @ 1.66 - 4pts Finally I'm going to follow the others on here and stick a few units on Arsenal. The reasoning is pretty much self explanatory and has already been said. They're motivation is pretty similar to Shakhtar and they should see off Braga who are having some trouble in their League. My only concern is their defence which looks abit shaky but I don't think Braga have the quality to break through that easy. Arsenal to win @ 1.66 I'll have 4 units on. The games featuring Real Madrid, AC Milan, Chelsea, Cluj + Spartak are straight no bet for me. There are way to many variables to really bet on confidently in any of those and will be staying away for sure. Good luck all. :hope

...and when Real plays really defensive' date='then they are almost unbeatable in their defense.[/quote'] I am sorry for being a bit negative again here, but the statement above is close to nonsense. In which particular game was Real this season playing defensively? Any game when Real came out on the pitch for anything but a win? A game when they clearly came out fighting for a point/draw? Maybe, just maybe the game away to AC Milan could be rated as more tight, but those who watched it fully know well that by HT Real could have been at least 2-0 up... Two things: 1/all great teams on top of star forwards do have great defenders and midfielders, they have to defend well, otherwise they won't be on the list of the great teams, and 2/ a great way to defend easier and well is by keeping the opponents busy at their end, in other words the more often and dangerous Real attack, the less work for Real defenders. Are you saying that tomorrow Real are going out to defend? Against a team they had 36 ( repeat, thirty six ) shots on and off target in the first game in Madrid? Against a team that plays clearly open football? Regardless of who is rested, JM has a mile long list of players that want to impress/improve, and mind you, these players are both defenders and forwards.... When was the last time you saw Real with a closed defensive formation?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 14-14-3 -1.78 units (50.00%) A considerably shitty European performance so far Spartak pick -117 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes It seems this might be the square pick right now. OM is way too inconsistent for me to really back them. As mentioned, the RPL is coming to a close right now, this will be Spartak's last game. I think the weather might affect OM as well. In Moscow its already snowing, while Marseilles still has pretty mild weather. This might have some kind of affect on them. Real Madrid pick -158 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes I will take them in a pick em no problem. Maybe this is a slight trap game for Real Madrid considering the Barcelona game this weekend. Will still take my chances with these odds and considering Ajax has only won 1 of there last 5. Worst case scenario I see a push

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November I just took 2 bets with small to medium stakes, bet365. First Half Ajax - 0,5 AH @ 3,35 First Half Over 1,5 Goals @ 2,60 Both bets are against the logic of this game, and against the general odds. The way I see it, Jol is good enough to pass a clear message to players - everything is in their hands, with two little mountains to climb ;). The result in France does matter, but only if Ajax take at least a point here. Jol has also been beaten by JM enough times to know, that the Special One is king of keeping the first half in away games low scoring and tidy when it matters. With both these things in mind Jol has to go risky, as early as possible. He has got good attacking options, the Arena will be packed and volcano-noisy, Real will start with a few non-regulars and it might take a bit of the game to adapt. With a bit of luck Ajax can score first early, so as a cover I added the goal line too. The thing with this game is that I just couldn't find anything tempting - the 1X2 and the AH lines are well-set. I looked at the option of Ajax winning either half - nah, only 1,80. I also added Over 4,5 cards with medium stake - the line looks high for a CL game, but with Ajax recent disciplinary record and a couple of Real players who ''take no prisoners'' vs fast forwards I reckon it stands out well. Medium stakes @ 2,10. GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November I don't understand why odds on Arsenal are so high, they are level with Shaktar and both of them are just 3 points in front of braga.I think Arsenal will want to secure first place and seal the qualification tonight.Wenger must also respond to the terrible performance in the 2nd half of the north london derby.I would like to hear something more from somebody close to the team who could give us some information about motivation and how bad they want this win.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Basel - Cluj The game could easily become the highest scoring one tonight. Cluj lost heavily to Munich at home, but in both away games in the group they proved they can score. Both teams need a win to keep the chances alive, although no matter who wins tonight won't have an easy one in the last round - Basel is away to Bayern, Cluj at home with Roma. If Roma take at least a point tonight from the Germans, the task of the Romanians won't be any easier than Basel in Munich. A draw here tonight is good to no one, 3 points are needed and THEN calculate. I am surprised to see Cluj so high, but that is another story. A good attacking home team at home to a good counter-attacking one. Over 2,75 Goals, bet365 @ 1,875 Strange to me is the fact that the Over 2,5 Goals here is priced at 1,65, while Both to score is at 1,66. I will have a combo with this Goal/Goal included, possibly with Roma, Ajax and/or Braga or Partizan...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Roma- Bayern = 1 (1.90) bet365 Roma location 2 ° 6 points Bayern position 1, 12 points Preview: Roma: unavailable: Taddei; fall Daniele De Rossi, Juan, Adriano and David Pizarro. Bayern: injured Mark van Bommel, Arjen Robben, Ivica Olic, Holger Badstuber, Miroslav Klose; Pending: Bastian Schweinsteiger. Given the absence of an international player in Bayern and Bayern as the same has already qualified for the next phase, Roma needs to win the match to avoid the answer to the last qualifying match away to Cluj. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Basel -Cluj=over (1.65) bet365 Basel 3 rd place 3 points Cluj 4 th place 3 points Preview: Basel: injured: Chipperfield, Zoua, Streller, Kusunga. Cluj: injured: Muresan, Kone. Basel has a score of l3-w1-d0 7 goals conceded 8 goals scored while a score of Cluj-w1-d0 l3 goals scored 5 goals conceded 10. Having regard to the defenses of both teams very happy and prolific attack I think this is a game full of goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Roma - Bayern Another game where I see goals. Basel scored 5 vs Roma, Cluj also scored here. Roma in the meantime improved in Serie A, but I am not sure that form is fully acceptable for analysis in CL. Roma needs to win, in order to go out to Romania playing for a draw ( if Cluj wins tonight ), the Basel scenario with the Swiss winning and then taking 3 points in Munich is more unlikely...A more attacking approach is needed from hosts, but they are not playing just another team. Bayern are a force, relaxed and top of the group. I expect them to score, so I will go for Roma - 0,5 AH @ 1,95 - 8 units Over 3 Goals @ 2,30 - 6,5 units

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Ajax-Real = both teams to score (1.57) / over (1.72) bet365 Ajax 3 rd place 4 points Real position 1, 10 points Preview: Ajax: in doubt: Emanuelson, Oleguer; absent: Jozefzoon, Sno. Real: injured: Carvalho, Higuain, Khedira. Ajax has a score of w1-d1-l2 4 goals conceded six goals scored while Real has a score of w3-d1-l0 2 goals scored 7 goals conceded. Since the Real just a point to qualify for the next phase while the Ajax must win to hope I still think that this is a very open game with many goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November I don´t know anything about Braga,but Arsenal will be without van Persie,Arshavin,Almunia,Ramsey and Diaby.Fabregas won´t play because he has harmstring problems.despite that,Arsenal is too good enough for Braga and they will win the match. Arsenal 1,91 4pts Ladbrokes :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Bayern will be without Olic,Schweinsteiger,Badstuber,Klose,van Bommel and Robben.They all play normally and Bayern is already qualified for the next round.In the league they have problems away from home,only havng won one match.Despite that they will play againsta Frankfurt on saturday and they can cost Bayern much problems.Bayern won´t play 100 % and maybe some players get a break and will not play.Rumenigge wants a few player to get a break,because they are already qualified.Van Gaal wants to play with the best team he has got,but even this team is not good enough for Roma in Rom.Ribery has a conflict with the coach,because he said Ribery didn´t play his best in a friendly. Don´t expect Bayern to be hungry. Roma 1 1,90 4 pts gamebookers GL:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Might be repeating what others have said, but looks like there are 3 very good bets on for tonight Roma @ 1.92 pinnacle Bayern have pretty much sown up top spot in this group barring two heavy defeats, so doubt that they will have much motivation here to win this game. They are missing players of the like of Van Bommel, Robben, Klose and Olic who are all injured while Schweinsteiger is suspended for this game. Roma on the other hand, need to win this game and will be looking to get maintain second spot in the group with a win here. They have some good form coming into this game, with wins in 4 of their last 5 games in the Serie A, so like them to continue this roll they are on, in front of their own fans, and get the 3 points for the win Arsenal @ 1.87 pinnacle Looks like both Fabregas and Arshavin will not feature in this game due to injury concerns, so whiles they miss their best players, there is still plenty of depth here to see them win this game. Expect Walcott, who has not played much as he has been coming off the bench of late, to use this opportunity to get back in the first 11, while Narsi has been in very good form for them this year, and Chamakh has showed good poaching instincts inside the box. Arsenal will look to bounce back from their disappointment of allowing Spurs to come back and beat them, and with a win here, they will lock up top spot in this group. Braga need a win in order to go equal points with Arsenal, so they will attack from the start. This will play into Arsenal's hands as there are surely going to be plenty of space in behind Braga's defence that Walcott and Nasri can exploit. Arsenal did beat them 6-0 at home in the first round, and though Braga will be looking for a better performance, Arsenal showed the class differentce between the two sides then Shaktar Donetsk @ 1.74 pinnacle Partizan have just 1 goal in their 4 games and have yet to get a point, as they have looked outclassed in their games. Though they lead their domestic competition, they have not been able to translate this into points in the CL, and doubt that they can match Shaktar Donetsk who with a win, and a Braga loss, will ensure they progress into the next round. They have played well in their domestic competition to lead comfortably by 12 points, and they will take much belief about their game, after coming from behind to beat Arsenal at home.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Braga- Arsenal =both teams to score (1.66) / over (1.80) bet365 Braga 3 rd place 6 points Arsenal 1, position 9 points Preview: Braga: injured Paulo, Quim. Arsenal: injured: Ramsey, Clichy, Thomas Vermaelen, Almunia, Diaby, Frimpong; Sleep: Arshavin, Van Persie. Braga has a score of w2-d0 l2-3 goals conceded 9 goals scored while Arsenal has a score of w3 d0-l1-15 goals scored 4 goals conceded. As the Braga to win to hope again in qualifying while Arsenal just one point for the next step I see a very open game with many goals. :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 23rd November Spartak Moscow v Marseille Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 (Bet365) As mentioned, this is one of Spartak's last games this year before the Christmas break and certainly against their biggest opposition. They will want to make a statement about their Champion's league intentions and have a pretty much full strength squad to play with. On the other hand, we know what Marseille are capable of, especially following the 7-0 demolition of MSK Zilina (obviously a different class compared to Spartak). Therefore I can see no other result than over 2.5 goals.