The Tingle Creek

Mabbs

For most people, the likely outcome of the Tingle Creek is a 1-2 finish for the two horses at the head of the market, Azertyuiop and Moscow Flyer, but is it as simple as that? Strictly on form you would have to say yes but the fact that both of them have been on the floor, particularly Moscow Flyer's record with mistakes, makes looking elsewhere appealing. Well Chief just got touched off last time but to my mind that was down to jockey error and nothing else. Armaturk battled really well to win that day but Timmy Murphy had a lot in the tank on Well Chief and gave the horse far too much to do, if he hadn't we would have seen another easy victory and the horse going into this race still unbeaten over fences at a much shorter price than he is. He still has a bit to find with the front two and would probably prove more of a challenge to them next year but with the Pipe stable in such great form, he is definitely the value in the race and looks a good e/w bet at around the 7/1 mark. The other horse in the race worth having a small investment on is Cenkos. Nicholls always has him spot on for this and I can remember two years ago him winning here in amazing style making a very strong field look like mere handicappers. Cenkos isn't quite the force of old but I don't think he's far off and thanks to connections putting him over hurdles on a number of occasions when he clearly isn't suited to them means we are again getting a bigger price than we should. 20/1 is an insult and must be played as a saver at worst. 1pt e/w Well Chief, 1/4pt e/w Cenkos. Click here for The Best Bets Of The Day