Finnish SM-league and Mestis - November

Sport Ice Hockey
Event TPS - Pelicans
Selection Pelicans over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.70
Reasoning TPS still (deservedly) holding down the anchor in the league after collecting just seven points from 19 games played. They have the leagues worst offense at only 26goals scored and more notably the lagues easily worst defense at 83 goals allowed (that's 4.37goals allowed per game). TPS has improve a little and they also sacked their coach. From last three home games they've got two wins, although both were after regulation time. Lahti also sacked their coach recently and have played very good of late. Though it must be said that the excellent results were on home ice against tough teams Lukko (5-1) and Jokerit (6-0). On road Pelicans has lost seven games in a row although scoring three goals or more in four of those games. Both of the teams showing improvement but you have to rate Pelicans' form much higher after those two impressive home wins. They haven't struggled in scoring so far on road and against piss poor TPS defense I see Pelicans scoring a punch again. The odds aren't that amazing but it's hard to see TPS getting their defense in order against an offensive in-form team like Pelicans. That said should be a fairly safe bet.

Re: Finnish SM-league and Mestis - November

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kärpät - HPK
Selection HPK over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.20
Reasoning Kärpät snapped a three game losing streak in their last game on road against Jokerit (1-5) and suddenly they are huge favourites to win tonights matchup. The fact is that they haven't been that impressive and Jokerit is sturggling right now. Kärpät's home form stands at six won (one after regulation) and four lost. They've averaged 2.5 goals allowed during those games. HPK has been farily good on road although dropping the last three away games. Noted they were against tough opponents JYP, Blues and Kalpa (there is two best defensive home team's of the league). HPK has averaged 2.6 goals per away game and they have the lagues third best offense with 62goals scored in 19games. HPK has done fairly well visiting against Kärpät in the past few seasons and they had a good game this year although losing 4-3. The second meeting this year was at HPK's and that one ended also for the home team 3-2. Kärpät defense is moderate at best and their level of game varies too much inside a match and you can expect huge defensive lapses again. Their goalie Koivisto doesn't help the case either as he likes to go around the boards to play the puck, often giftwrapping the opposing teams a goal. HPK has the offense to produce from scoring chances and they should get a plenty tonight. Great odds for the away team to score atleast three goals, in my opinion Kärpät is overrated after last rounds good performance.

Re: Finnish SM-league and Mestis - November TPS 5-0 Pelicans (Shots on goal 27-31) Kärpät 3-1 HPK (Shots on goal 15-33) ----------- 0/2 :unsure No idea what happened with Pelicans, the worst team in the league gets the first regulation time win with style. Watched the Kärpät-HPK game and there I was sickeningly unlucky. HPK clearly the better side on ice and with plenty of chances, one of the most weirdest scores I've seen compared to the gameplay.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Lukko - Kärpät
Selection over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.10
Reasoning Lukko has been struggling of late although winning six of last ten games played. A total of three games have ended in a draw after regulation and they've lost three after 60mins of play. Although racking up an impressive 38 goals during those ten games they've been limited just to two goals in regulation during last three games. On home ice four of last five games have gone over the 5.5goals limit (acutally there has been atleast seven goals scored in all four games). Kärpät has picked up their form a bit winning two latest games outscoring their opponents 8-2. In the latest game though they were more than lucky to get the 3-1 win over HPK as the visiting team were all over them. Kärpät defense still seems shaky and oh boy, the goalie Koivisto is all so eager to get himself in trouble when the opportunity araises to play the puck. Although the forms suggest there won't be loads of goals I'm thinking just the opposite. Kärpät's great defensive numbers from the last two games are an illusion and Lukko has one of the best offensive lineups and powerplay in the league. Also Kärpät has seem alot better offensively after picking up some re-inforcements and Lukko's tends to slack off in the defensive duties especially on home ice. Great prive on over 5.5 goals.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kalpa - Ilves
Selection over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.10
Reasoning Kalpa has been performing so-so losing five games of last ten played. Their offense has picked of the pace scoring atleast three goals in seven of last ten games played but at the same time their defense has allowed atleast three goals in six of last ten games played. On home ice they've been good of late winning three of last four games scoring atleast five goals in all wins. Ilves continues to rack up impressive amounts of goals like in the latest games against Jokerit which ended 5-6 after regulation. As the score suggests the problems are in the defensive end and they tend to allow many goals although facing low amounts of shots. This has been the case especially on road where they've allowed 36goals in just nine games (averaging 4.0goals per game). Kalpa is usually a very tight team defensively especially on home ice but they seem to have forgotten their identity and are producing goalfests. Ilves is a very opportunitistic team and can often hang on although allowing many goals making them a tough opponent to beat. Should be goals coming tonight.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HIFK - Tappara
Selection HIFK (-1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.00
Reasoning HIFK is the second best home in team in the league so far winning all nine games on home ice (two after regulation). They've scored an impressive 44goals during those games mean while allowing just 15 goals. All seven regulation time wins have been with atleast a two goal difference. Tappara is one of the worst visitors in the league with six loses from eight road games (two after regulation). Their recent form is also dismal as they've lost eight of last nine games, snapping that streak losing streak in their latest with a tight 4-2 victory over Pelicans whom tend to crouch on road. During last ten games they've scored the least goals in the league with 22 goals scored and allowed the most with 36goals allowed. Definetely not a good combination. Maybe the most dominant and definetely the most offensive home team of the league against a poor visitor in a dismal form. Should be a cake walk for HIFK.

Sport Ice hockey
Event Jyp Jyväskylä - Assat Pori
Selection Jyp Jyväskylä -2.5 goals (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.40
Reasoning Finnish hockey, Jyp is the team that start domination after Karpat that after letting go the best players few years ago, became just a middle team, Jyp is great at home, beating everything is meeting, last year was at 2 points from last place after a incredible bad start, after win the league with no problem, now beet almost in every match, I don't give Assat any chance for a small lose at least. My tip: 5-1. Good luck!

Sport Ice hockey
Event Jyp Jyväskylä - Assat Pori
Selection Jyp Jyväskylä -2.5 goals (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.40
Reasoning Finnish hockey, Jyp is the team that start domination after Karpat that after letting go the best players few years ago, became just a middle team, Jyp is great at home, beating everything is meeting, last year was at 2 points from last place after a incredible bad start, after win the league with no problem, now beet almost in every match, I don't give Assat any chance for a small lose at least. My tip: 5-1. Good luck!
3-0, with empty net goal 59.23 sec, but is a win :)

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Hokki - KooKoo
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 05/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.72
Reasoning Hokki has one of the worst offenses and defenses in the league coming off to tonight. They've scored 43 goals (averaging 2.39 goals per game) and allowed 65 goals (averaging 3.61 goals per game) in 18 games played. They own the worst away record in the league collecting just three points from nine games but on home ice they have been feisty: five wins from nine games scoring 31goals and allowing 31 goals (that's an average of 6.89goals scored in each Hokki home game). KooKoo has been doing much better and they are infact 4th in the league mainly thanks to their home form. Their away record ain't that bad really with four wins from eight games but they seem to play very passively on road. KooKoo has scored 20 goals and allowed 22 goals in those eight road games (averaging 5.25 goals per game). This bet is based mainly on Hokki's home form. They don't seem to get their defensive end in order be it a road or home game but in home rink they certainly have the offensive efforts to keep them in games. KooKoo on the other hand is the team with more quality and it's hard to see them not capitalising on Hokki's expected defensive lapses. Low odds but in my opinion the line should be covered quite easily.

It was the only game to finish under 5.5 goals. You must have walked under a few ladders today mate.
Indeed, just checked the scores and the game ended in a 1-0 home win. And yeah, noticed that every other game was pretty much a goalfest (not that it matters). I'm somewhat concidering myself unlucky here too, dunno was it such a good bet but certainly couldn't expect anything like a one goal game. I guess shit happens :dude

Sport Ice Hockey
Event TPS - Kärpät
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.15
Reasoning TPS is coming off their first regulation time win of the season as they beat Pelicans 5-0 in the last round. The score is very big that the game itself wasn't nothing that impressive, goalie and defense happened to have first great night of the season with an opportunistic finishing. Still they've improved on their form and have won three games out of last four home games (though two were after regulation). Still the problem is their defense and goaltending. They've allowed 41 goals in just 11 home games and although scoring well with 29goals during those same games, it's just not enough to keep them afloat. Kärpät had their first road win a couple of rounds ago when they won 1-5 against Jokerit. The streak stopped in their next road game as they are coming off a humiliating 4-0 loss against Lukko. They've scored only 12 goals in eight away games while in the same games defense has been so-so allowing 22 goals. I really don't no whats the problem they've been having on road, they have the players to be a success on offensive side which they actually have been at home. TPS has showed us that they can score goals and with some key offensive players returning from injury they've been better. Certainly they are performing with spirit on home ice and tonights opponents defense and shaky goalie should credit them with chances. Kärpät is coming to visit after an outing where they were blanked. I believe the away team is going to come on hard to show a point and against the leagues worst defense they should get plenty of scoring chances, home teams goalies don't help their case and would be a little miracle if there is an another great outing from a TPS goalie. So I see goals in this match and Pinnacle offers a nice price, why not take a bite.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Pelicans - JYP
Selection Over 5.0 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.04
Reasoning Home team Pelicans showing some very mindboggling form. On road they have lost the last four games getting outscored 17-2 and at home they've won the last two games outscoring opponents 11-1. Weird to say atleast, I guess they don't have the mental capacity to play on road but can they get their act together yet again to tonight home game? League leader JYP has won eight straight game in regulation outscoring their opponents 25-7, impressive indeed. On road they've been a little more careless in terms of goals allowed but still easily leagues best defense on road also. They've scored atleast four goals in three of last four away games. With Pelicans showing us the true meaning of a rollercoaster-like playing it's hard to see them not melting down (atleast defensively) against the league leaders tonight. On the other hand the home side has showed great scoring form at home of late and JYP has been vulnerable on road. JYP should win this but there is something weird going on with Pelicans and I see them scoring atleast a couple tallies tonight. So I'm betting there will be goals and Pinnacles offer with the line set on even five goals looks good to me.

Re: Finnish SM-league and Mestis - November 0/2 :unsure What an awful bet on Pelicans-JYP game. Gave way too much credit for Pelicans' last two home games. Really should've broken even with the TPS-Kärpät game but fell a goal short. The little miracle that I was talking about in my reasoning game true and Kärpät with only on goal although having 41 shots on goal :wall

Sport Ice Hockey
Event D-Kiekko - Sport
Selection D-Kiekko (-1.0) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.16
Reasoning D-Kiekko has turned things around from a lowly start and they are coming to tonights game with a eight game winning streak. A total of six games of those were won by atleast two goals. They've won their last four home games outscoring their opponents 14-5. As the Finnish first league SM-league is in a break with the Karjala Cup coming up I expect D-Kiekko to get re-inforcements from their ¨host¨team JYP (the league leader in SM-league). Sport has been the best home in the league so far but on road it's been an another story. They've lost eight of nine games played on road (two after regulation) getting outscored 14-30. Four of those games have been lost with atleast two goal difference. They've lost four of last six played overall. D-Kiekko has been flyin' high lately and I expect them to have a pretty easy outing tonight against lowly visiting team like Sport. Home advantage should be concidered huge as Sport seems to be a whole different team playing away than on home ice. I'll be taking my chances with -1.0 HC which offers some protection in form of a push if the home team happens to win only by one during regulation.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event TuTo - Kiekko-Vantaa
Selection Under 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 10/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.42
Reasoning TuTo is in the midst of a three game losing streak where they allowed a total of 16goals in regulation (atleast four goals during regulation in each game). Their home record is dismal at seven games lost from ten played. In those ten home games they've scored 33 goals and allowed 42. Only two games have stayed under the 5.5goals limit. Kiekko-Vantaa snapped a two game slump with a 3-2 OT win against SaPKo in their latest game. They haven't had much success on road losing six games from eight played. They've scored only 15goals and allowed 28goals in those eight road games. Four of those games have gone under the 5.5 goals limit. The bookies are expecting a high scoring game and with TuTo's home form why not. Still Both of the teams have had problems scoring and Kiekko-Vantaa tends to play pretty passively on road while TuTo is expected to tighten things up after a dismal road trip. These teams met twice this season both times while Kiekko-Vantaa was hosting. The hosts took both games: 3-2 and 3-0. Wouldn't be too surprised if this one was a low scoring game aswell and the odds are high enough to have a bite.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event LeKi - HeKi
Selection HeKi
Strength 10/10
Date 10/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.75
Reasoning LeKi has improved their play of late winning four games of last five played. In those games they've outscored their opponents 19-15. As you can see their defense is still far from good. LeKi has won six games out of nine home games so far (one after regulation) scoring 30goals and allowing 26 goals. HeKi snapped a three game losing streak with a 4-2 win over Finland 20. In that three games streak they were outscored 19-7, allowing nine and six goals in the last two games (note that they were against tough opponents D-Team and Sport). HeKi has done okey on road so far managing to keep most of the games tight if not winning them: they've win three out of nine road games and lost six (two after regulation). During those nine games they've scored 28goals and allowed 32. While LeKi's form has improved some their game is still far from perfect, they are especially vulnerable at the defensive end. On the other hand HeKi had a horrible two games and already bounced back with a win. HeKi hasn't been pushed around on road so far and they took the seasons first meeting 6-2. Not such a big home advantage and certainly the difference between teams ain't that big as the odds suggest. Wouldn't be too surprised if the visitors would pull of a minor upset tonight.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Jokerit - Saipa
Selection Saipa (+1.5) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.89
Reasoning Jokerit hasn't faired well so far in the season. They've lost ten games of 19 played (four after regulation) scoring 54 goals and allowing 60 goals. They've managed four regulation time wins from eight home games and all but of of those were decided by a one goal difference. Saipa has faired well on road so far losing four games in regulation from 10 played. While away they've played passively which has suited them well; 17 goals scored and only 20 goals allowed in those ten road games. Only two games were lost by more than one goal difference. These teams met once this season and Jokerit took the points with a 0-3 final score. Jokerit should be concidered a favourite to win this match no doubt but they have been far from impressive and Saipa has been a tough road team to beat. Once again I think Saipa has a good chance to hang on and make this one a tight affair making the price for +1.5 hc nice enough to take a bite.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event JYP - HIFK
Selection Over 4.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.83
Reasoning The league leader JYP is in a ten game winning streak where they've outscored their opponents 30-9. On home ice they are unbeaten winning all ten games (one after regulation) scoring 31 goals and allowing only six. HIFK has been doing well also as they've won 14 of 20 matches played, though much thanks to their perfect home record. On road things have been tougher as they've lost six of nine games (two after regulation) scoring only 20 goals and allowing 28. This pick is based mainly on HIFK's playing style. They are far from dominating on road and one should expect JYP to score a punch tonight. On the other hand while JYP's defense has been nothing short of superb you can't ignore the fact that HIFK has one of the best offenses in the league and it wouldn't suprise me if they'd score a few aswell. Still this might be once again a slow scoring affair like the seasons first meeting when JYP lost on road 2-0 but in my opinion the line is to low to pass.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kärpät - Tappara
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.12
Reasoning Kärpät has been of the most dissapointing teams in the league so far but they've faired okey on home ice. There they've won seven games out of 11 played and more notably their offense has produced scoring 35 goals while allowing 26. Tappara is also in the bottom end of the league trailing Kärpät by just two points. On road Tappara hasn't have much success winning only twice in ten games. The defense has been a problem as they've allowed 36 goals while scoring 25 goals in those ten road games. Kärpät playes offensively on home ice and they should be able to take advantage of shaky Tappara defense. On the other hand the visitors aren't that bad offensively and Kärpät's defense melts in most games giftwrapping goals for the opponents (including goalie Koivisto). Should be goals tonight and with odds rising over evens I'll bite gladly.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Ilves - TPS
Selection Ilves
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.86
Reasoning Ilves has played well on home ice winning seven out of ten games (three after regulation) while outscoring opponents 36-28. Shaky defense and goaltending has been a problem from time to time but their offense has kept them afloat in most cases. TPS got things turned around after chancing the coach and getting some keyplayers back. Still their succees of late has been on home ice and their away record speaks for itself: Nine games lost in regulation of nine played while being outscored 42-12. These teams met once this season and Ilves took the points with a 1-3 score. TPS's somewhat good form is due to their home wins and the two road games in the midst of five home games were both lost with ease: 9-2 and 8-2. Hard to see TPS getting any points from this match as Ilves is anything but a pushover. In my opinion the bookies are giving to much credit to TPS' home wins of late.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HPK - Pelicans
Selection HPK
Strength 10/10
Date 16/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.85
Reasoning Shaky defense has been HPK's biggest issue to date but on home ice they've been able to hold off opponents pretty well. They've won six games from ten played at home outscoring their opponents 39-28. Pelicans has been one of the best defensive teams at home but on road it's pretty much the opposite. They've lost all but one road game from 12 played (four after regulation) while being outscored 48-25. Pelicans hasn't scored a goal in their last three games. Should be pretty straight forward. The better team with the home advantage against a poor visiting team going through an awful offensive slump. HPK took the points in the seasons first meeting which ended 2-4.

Congratulations on going 3-2 on todays games Finlandia. :clap I followed you on your first 3 picks so I went 2-1, cheers! :beer Looks like the Ilves - TPS game didn't quite go to plan though. 0 - 7 :loon Will look out for your picks in the future, thanks. :ok
Thanks mate :) Quite happy with the bets except the Ilves game, didn't see that coming but I guess TPS is really getting their act together. Onwards and upwards (hopefully) I suppose :tongue2

Sport Ice Hockey
Event �ssät - Ilves
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 18/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.85
Reasoning Ässät has been maybe the biggest surprise in the league so far as they are 2nd after playing 22 games. On home ice they've won nine out of 11 games played (three after regulation) outscoring their opponents 36-22. Ilves hasn't faired so well and they are 9th in the league so far, mostly due to their bad defense and shaky goaltending. That has been the case especially on road as they've allowed 45 goals in 11 away games though also scoring a nice amount of 31 goals. Ilves has allowed atleast four goals in all of their last six games including their latest outing when they lost 0-7 against bottom team TPS. These teams have already met twice this season. The first meeting was the same fixture and Ässät took a 4-2 win. That was followed by a 3-2ot win by Ilves. Ässät has been a force on home ice scoring 3.27 goals per match and they are favoured to take all the points in this one. Though you can't ignore the fact that Ilves has usually been able to rack up some tallies themselves and might be able to hold on. Still the visitors defense has been awful and the break didn't seem to do them any good. Against a great Ässät offense tonight Ilves is probably in for an another long night. The odds for home win are a bit short for my taste but as I reckon the visitors will get on the board tonight aswell it's very possbile that there will be no shortage of goals and I'll opt for the o5.5.

Re: Finnish SM-league and Mestis - November 17:30 Tappara - TPS Turku 2 2.90 Ekipa TPS Turku je aktuelan sampion u finska. Rezultati koje su prikazali bile su katastrofalne imaju samo 16 bodova. Al zadnje utakmice daju znaci na zivot osobeno zadnja kad demolirale Ilves u gosti sa cak 0-7. Nemaju konacno probleme sa sastav i mislim da tappara je pravi tim da nastave svoja serija i vrati se onamo gde im je mjesto na tabela. TPS Turko is last year champion in Finland. The latest results were catasthropic with only 16 points.But last few games give boost to TPS which demolished Ilves on road 0-7.They don't have any problems with line up and i think Tappara is the right team to beat and continue their form and go back on the higher table spot which they deserve 17:30 SaiPa - Karpat 2 2.35 Za domacini ovo je katastrofalna sezona nalazi se na pretposledno mjesto na tabela i prikazuje dosta losa igra. Od gostima puno se ocekivalo ova sezona al ni oni nisu sjajne. Imaju samo 3 boda vise od danasnji protivnik al mislim da ovaj odmor im je dobrodosao da konsoludiraju svoje redove jer imaju potencijal za mnogo vise od to sta prijazuje. Tu ne bi tipovao na pobjeda gostima da nije fakt domacini imaju cak 8 povredena igraca za danasnja utakmica. Bez 8 igraca mislim da ce im biti tesko danas i ocekujem karpat da zabjelezi pobjeda. For hosts this is a disastrous season they're on second-last place on the table and show a lot of bad plays. There was a lot of expectations from the guests this season but even they are not great. They have only 3 points more than today's opponent but I think this rest is welcomed for them to regroup and improve their ranks, because they have the potential for much more than they are showing.Normally i wouldn't bet on away victory, but host are without 8 players and today will be tough for them. I Expect away win copied from blog :hope

Re: Finnish SM-league and Mestis - November from futsi blog :D missing / defenders: Daniel Sondell and Simon Backman forwards: Tero Koskiranta,Petri Koskinen,Anssi Löfman,Carlo Grunn,Elmeri Kaksonen and Joni Yli-torkko and their best scorer Scott Barney got sacked because of drunk driving.Tonight also their important Canadian forward Dale Mctavish is banned.