LOTD - 10th of October

I'm damn good at picking losers so I'm going to start laying more often! 2:00 Goodwood - Zelos Diktator - 1pt Lay Taking a bit of a chance here as he's likely to be the favourite but at 5/2 he's far too short to be involved with, he hasn't won on the flat for 6 starts and never won a handicap, I reckon 5/1 would be a closer reflection on his chance. Despite finishing 2nd on his last 3 runs he's running off a career high mark of 58, he's upped in trip to 2 miles for the first time, he should stay as he has raced over further over hurdles but never on the flat. He has a tendency to run around under pressure and with Richard Hughes on board having to do 11st 2lbs up again the NH jockeys I think he'll have a tough job out-battling them over 2 mile. Zelos Diktator does enjoy the soft ground but has a tough task on his hands to win this, there are many dangers also. Mohanad would be my pick of the rest and he's a superior hurdler to my selection and could well have his number on the flat, despite being a maiden on the flat after 12 runs he has come 2nd on his last 3 starts, upped to 2m for the first time could mean he'll have a very good chance on ground he'll love. I'm laying the Moore horse and I expect he could be good value for the lay at a current price of 3.5.

Re: LOTD - 10th of October 210 Ffos Las: Clarach This one was well fancied on his debut for Tim Vaughan but pulled like a train and finished weakly, he's not convinced me at all and is obviously a short price because of the connections and the modest contest. All in all i'd be disappointed if there isnt something in here that can beat the selection.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.