Wrong played I think, so I would like opinions

starshine

I have won this hand, but than with thinking I think I have played it very bad preflop, as I was only very lucky with a flop to win it. Still my prob with poker is this betting and raising, and I am still try to learn how to play pairs preflop. So now with looking at it I think this "raceraise" was wrong and I should have just called his first reraise. Weird that even when I went all in than I had the feeling to run into Aces and still did and wondered why I am doing lol. So I would like to hear what others do with pairs in such situation, just call a reraise or reraise again like I did PokerStars Spiel #50529942249: Turnier #333010137, $30+$3 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 03.10.2010 9:33:15 MEZ [03.10.2010 3:33:15 ET] Tisch '333010137 11' 9-max Platz #1 ist der Dealer Platz 1: Ivory Trader (3590 in Chips) Platz 2: JackoM666 (7900 in Chips) Platz 3: yo-argentino (14070 in Chips) Platz 4: brntornge (6005 in Chips) Platz 5: isa112231 (5420 in Chips) Platz 6: APokerJoker2 (11881 in Chips) Platz 7: plstarshine (4880 in Chips) Platz 8: Show_gun69 (3057 in Chips) Platz 9: holdemjoe666 (4070 in Chips) JackoM666: setzt Small Blind: 25 yo-argentino: setzt Big Blind: 50 *** HOLE CARDS *** plstarshine bekommt: [Kh Kd] brntornge: passt isa112231: geht mit 50 APokerJoker2: passt plstarshine: erhöht 100 auf 150 Show_gun69: geht mit 150 holdemjoe666: erhöht 450 auf 600 Ivory Trader: passt JackoM666: passt yo-argentino: passt isa112231: passt plstarshine: erhöht 450 auf 1050 Show_gun69: passt holdemjoe666: erhöht 1350 auf 2400 plstarshine: erhöht 2480 auf 4880 und ist All-in holdemjoe666: geht mit 1670 und ist All-in Der nicht gecallte Einsatz (810) ging zurück an plstarshine *** FLOP *** [Qd 6d Kc] *** TURN *** [Qd 6d Kc] [7s] *** RIVER *** [Qd 6d Kc 7s] [Qc] *** SHOWDOWN *** plstarshine: zeigt [Kh Kd] (Full House, Könige und Damen) holdemjoe666: zeigt [Ad As] (Zwei Paare, Asse und Damen) plstarshine gewinnt 8415 aus dem Pot holdemjoe666 hat das Turnier auf Platz 114. beendet *** ZUSAMMENFASSUNG *** Pot gesamt: 8415 | Rake: 0

Re: Wrong played I think, so I would like opinions You got it all in pre flop with Kings - that's great and I dont think you can ever be disappointed to get it all in pre flop against Kings (though I did flirt with the idea that I could fold Kings pre flop in Rush Cash when a rock solid regular broadcasts pretty clearly that he has aces - though I never did actually do it). If I were to be uber critical, my observations would be: - I think the initial raise to 3xBB was too small given a limper before you and pretty deep stacks - I think the min reraise of 450 to 1050 was waaay too transparent - you're telling your opponent pretty clearly - "I have Aces or Kings - I've got a big hand and I want to draw you in, I dont want to scare you off" - this means that anyone with an underpair is totally priced in and correct to call you. They know that if they hit trips, you'll pay them off. (so they have large implied odds on top of the 4-1 express odds you're immediately giving them) - you're not giving your opponent the opportunity to make a mistake in their play.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Wrong played I think, so I would like opinions I think GAF hits the nail on the head tbh, not saying this is the correct way to play it but i would have made it 4x the BB and the small min-raise you make should be 3x his bet. But if I did that id probably lose the customer and never get him to call haha.