UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October

Tuesday 19.10.10 Roma-Basilea In 9 match seasonal Totti has not scored a goal, either for the difficulties the team had up to now want to form a state of exception not the captain's red and yellow. Tonight is a crucial match for Roma on the path to qualification to the knockout stage of Champions League will need to make the home turn, also because in the remaining three group matches will be to make 2 away and the home match against Bayern Monaco. After Saturday's match against Genoa coach Ranieri praised highly the performance of Totti, trying to smooth out even the small controversy arose between the two earlier in the season. Rome boasts two previous home win against Basilea (season 2005/06 and 2009/10) and on both occasions Totti has scored a goal. A memory I also remember a Uefa Cup match against Zurigo for about ten years' ago, won by Roma to the 'Olympic' own with a goal from Totti, confirming that the matches against Swiss teams seem to wear well. With this background I think Totti tonight will mark his first goal of the season against an opponent not irresistible. Totti to score anytime, 3/10 stakes, odds 2.10, bet365
I watched the Ranieri interview, he called Totti's performance ''stratosferico''. Everyone is expecting him to start scoring soon, he does the free kicks and the penalties too, and does them well...With similar reasoning I had Suarez and Schweinsteiger and added Remy who seems to be high-flying recently. Not my kind of bets, very low stakes, E/W FGS : Totti @ 5,50 / Suarez @ 4,00 / Schweinsteiger @ 12,00 and Remy @ 6,00 - singles with 0,35 units and doubles with 0,1 units. Outside of these guys I had 1 unit each on Welliton @ 2,40 and Borriello @ 2,10 anytime - the Roman player is awake now and I am hoping for a good season in front of him, while with Wellinton it is just that I would hate to see a dull 0-0 in Moscow and he seems to be the main danger from the hosts. GL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Ajax VS Auxerre PICK: 1 1.65 7/10 -Ajax in front of their own fans should do the job here if want to keep with real and milan thay play nice atacking football with Suarez and El Hamdaoui up front to score goals.In league thay are doing good job sitting on 2nd place with 6W 2D 1L.Today is there real chanse to grab clear win and 3 points.Auxerre in france league thay are on the 17 spot with 1W 5D 1L thay need to focus on next 2 fixtures againts psg and nice to try and draw if thay want to keep position above relegation zone in the long running season so thet will slow players minds here at today match desperatly tring to defend againts offencive ajax style. Auxerre missings: Jelen, Licata, Al.Traoré, Langil, Y.Sanogo, A.Le Tallec Arsenal VS Shakhtar PICK: G.G 1.95 4/10 -Arsenal's weekness is at the back with Squilacci, Djurou and Fabianski...Vermealen, Koscielny and Sagna are all OUT, so that's 3 out of 4 regulars out in defensive positions.Offensivelly the gunners are always strong and I expect them to score on or two at least...overs and both to score seem to both be good options and likely to occur...I rate this Shakhtar team very highly, lot's of quality in all positions.another angle to this match is the return of on old Arsenal boy to Emirates Stadium (though the key guy to watch on Shakhtar will be number 20 Douglas Costa). P.S Rummor: Real vs Milan PICK: X 3.6 3/10 2-3 Goals 1.95 4/10 G.G 1.8 5/10 -The fixture could and draw 1-1 bwin to set it same sponsor + the draw would give them edge above Ajax Table: (1st Real = 6) (2nd Milan = 4) (3rd Ajax = 1) (4th Auxerre = 0) :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October The important absences confirmed by both parties, the strength of the respective departments of defense and the attention that both will not achieve a negative result which could cause problems for the rest of the tournament lead me to these choices for Spartak - Chelsea: NO GOL @ 1.80 UNDER 0.5 1°HALF @ 2.62 Bet365 stake 2/10 e 1/10

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October I can't see Eduardo having an impact tonight, he is a shadow of the player he was before the injury. He must have some horrible memories of the English premier league and I don't think he will be looking forward to playing against Arsenal at the Emirates. He's scored 3 in 9 in Ukrain which is fairly average but he and Shakhtar will have to step it up tonight to beat Arsenal at home. Squillaci has been reasonably solid and Fabianski has slowly been improving. Djourou I haven't seen much and Clichy hasn't really been filling me with confidence of late but I don't expect them to be pushed that hard this evening. Sagna being out is an easy enough decision with Eboué being a very similar replacement at right back. Cesc could be back which is huge for Arsenal, bench or not and Walcott looks like he might start after being benched at the weekend. He will add pace up front and act as an outlet on the counter when Shakhtar push everyone forward. Bendtner is also an option tonight if Chamakh is struggling. Comfortable Arsenal win for me tonight so I'm jumping on the -1.5 and over 2.5 goals quoted above.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Tuesday 19.10.10 Ajax-Auxerre Ajax after losing in Madrid at home and drew with Milan should definitely take advantage of the double confrontation against' Auxerre (in conjunction with the dual match between Spanish and Italian) to keep alive any hopes of qualification to the knockout stages of the Champions League. Ajax in the league in second place in the standings and is fresh from success in the league against NAC 3-0. For this match, the team usually the owner, will be also the 'outer defensive left Anita and midfielder De Jong, replaced by Sulejmani (with the consequent retreat of Emanuelson on the defensive line) and Lindgren. The offensive potential of the Dutch team is first 'policy, backed up by two guns as Suarez and El Hamdaoui, the Moroccan striker bought from AZ Alkmaar with the team that has produced 43 goals in his last two seasons and has so far already made 7 goals in 9 games, plus one marked at Milan in the 'last match of the Champions League. Auxerre is in Champions League play this fairly lucky because last season he obtained the qualification to the preliminary' final day by winning the field of Sochaux and the concomitant defeat of Lille in Lorient. In preliminary succeeded in 'undertaking to eliminate the Zenit, winning 2-0 at home in a match that the Russians closed in nine players after two expulsions suffered. In the first two matches, the French team lost to Milan (0-2) and at home against Real Madrid (0-1), and in the league is not doing well because the crabs team of Mr. Fernandez takes place in the standings on 17 won with 8 points in 9 games. For this match are to be reported several defections, midfielders Langila (8 appearances) and Traore (2 appearances, 1 goal) and forwards Le Tallec (6 appearances, 1 goal) and Jelen (6 appearances, 1 goal). Given the 'current form when the two teams, and the different international experience, I think the' Ajax could win this match and still have hopes of qualification. I also think that El Hamdaoui can be followed to its unique moment of the form (6 goals scored in the last six official matches of 'Ajax) and exploit the uncertainties of the French defense, scoring a goal to help the victory of his team. Ajax AH (-0.75), 5/10 stakes, odds 1.875, bet365 El Hamdaoui to score anytime, 3/10 stakes, odds 2.25, bet365

P.S Rummor: Real vs Milan PICK: X 3.6 3/10 2-3 Goals 1.95 4/10 G.G 1.8 5/10 -The fixture could and draw 1-1 bwin to set it same sponsor + the draw would give them edge above Ajax Table: (1st Real = 6) (2nd Milan = 4) (3rd Ajax = 1) (4th Auxerre = 0) :hope:hope:hope
Disagree. Draw is a likely outcome with these two, so are the other picks you mentioned. But how is 1 point each ( and arguably another one later in Milano ) going to give them an edge over Ajax? I think 3 points each from the respective home games will give them a better edge... Unless the bwin conspiracy goes further - ''let's share the points between the boys now, we will decide what happens in Milano later, keeping an eye on Ajax''...IF that is the case, then why not setting it (?) as an away win tonight, 0-2 for instance. This way AC Milan is certainly having the edge over Ajax, Real are still safe as there is a game in Milano to be played, which also could be set by the same sponsor, Ajax are screwed...And above all the bookies get their pockets full! Away win, hosts don't score, and the edge over Ajax is there, with another game to set in hand? Hmmmm....

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Today I'm taking five UCL underdogs on the handicap in games in which the public is 90% on the favorites: Auxerre, Shakhtar and Basel +1, and Cluj and Zilina +1.5. Last fall in Champions League's last four rounds of group play, there were 13 games in which the public was 90% on one side...the underdogs covered the handicap in 10 of them. Inter 2-2 Kyiv; Barca 1-2 Rubin Kazan; Juve 1-0 Haifa (as a 1.5 favorite); ManU 3-3 CSKA Moscow; Sevilla 1-1 Stuttgart...need I go on? There's always talk in here about teams needing to win (as if the opponent doesn't), teams doing the business in front of their home crowd (as if the crowd is more important than the matchup), etc, etc, etc. Well I'm not falling for it anymore. In group play, no team plays to win all six games, and the minnows rise up and take points from the big fish.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Hello everyone, One bet for me so far on the early kick off Champions league game tonight.. Spartak Moscow v Chelsea - No Goal Before 33 minutes @ 1.83 (Bet365) I like the look of this bet tonight. Chelsea come into the game off the back of a decent 0-0 draw away in the EPL to Aston Villa on Saturday. In that game their main man Didier Drogba was missing through illness and he has failed to make the long journy to Russia for this encounter aswell. In my opinion the London side do not carry anywhere near as much attacking instinct without Drogba as they do when he is in the side. Even when he is playing but a bit off form he still offers a massive physical and determined presence which none of their other attackers seem to replace when he is missing. There are also concerns over numerous other Chelsea players for tonights game with coach Ancelotti waiting until after a training session on the artificial pitch, to see how his players feel and react to playing on said surface before he announces his starting eleven. Rumours have it that Ashley Cole may not be risked along with Michael Essien. Lampard and Alex are already missing for the away side for definite along with Drogba. The home side are a solid enough outfit. I normally watch the early kick off's in the CL and managed to watch Spartak win comfortably at home to Zelina earlier in the competition. They are a solid unit who like to play with a bit of possession and through Aiden McGeady whom I know well from his days as a Celtic player they have an outlet to hit teams on the wings and on the break, he has started his career in Russia fairly well recieving many plaudits from the home fans. I can see both teams being a bit wary to start with here and not many risks being taken in the first half, therefore I like the idea that I win if no goals are scored in the first 33 minutes at fairly decent odds. I may be back with another pick in-play but for the moment this is my bet of the night :hope Goodluck everyone :beer

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Hello everybody, I'm going in other way for the match beetwen AJAX and AUXERRE. Auxerre this year played 4 CL games against Zenit St Petersburg, Madrid and Milan. They played very well especially the back five (very tough defence and good goalkeeper). They lost their 2 games away: against Zenit they lost 1-0 with a early goal but they manage to do not take an another against Milan they lost 2-0 but Auxerre played very well I think these 3 teams are 1 class above AJAX (players and european experience) and i don't see how AJAX can win this match. OK Ajax are good on his league but it's Champions League, they will face a team with very very good defence and very good counter attack skill. Jelen and LeTallec will not play this game but Pedretti will play (he is very good to pass the ball quickly for the forward in counter attack) and Contout, Birsa and Oliech could take there chance in this type of counter attack. I think the odds on AJAX are too low and Auxerre can take at least 1 point on this game for the 3rd place. My bets: (PartyBets.fr) I choose one of them under 2.5 @ 1.72 (the more likely) Draw @ 3.42 Draw HT @ 2.08 Auxerre +1 @ 2 PS: I'm sorry for my poor english

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October ^ interesting call about the dogs in the champions league allthethings. I've been doing it a while in the championship and conference with some limited success. Lets see the strike rate tonight. Auxerre +0.75 @ 2.06 canbet Shakhtar Donetsk +0.75 @ 2.16 canbet CFR Cluj +1.5 @ 2.16 canbet Partizan Belgrade +0.5 @ 2.1 bet365 MSK Zilina +1.5 @ 2.07 bet365 AC Milan +1 @ 2.08 canbet Basel +0.75 @ 2.29 canbet Spartak Moscow +0.25 @ 2.19 canbet

Hello everyone, One bet for me so far on the early kick off Champions league game tonight.. Spartak Moscow v Chelsea - No Goal Before 33 minutes @ 1.83 (Bet365) I like the look of this bet tonight. Chelsea come into the game off the back of a decent 0-0 draw away in the EPL to Aston Villa on Saturday. In that game their main man Didier Drogba was missing through illness and he has failed to make the long journy to Russia for this encounter aswell. In my opinion the London side do not carry anywhere near as much attacking instinct without Drogba as they do when he is in the side. Even when he is playing but a bit off form he still offers a massive physical and determined presence which none of their other attackers seem to replace when he is missing. There are also concerns over numerous other Chelsea players for tonights game with coach Ancelotti waiting until after a training session on the artificial pitch, to see how his players feel and react to playing on said surface before he announces his starting eleven. Rumours have it that Ashley Cole may not be risked along with Michael Essien. Lampard and Alex are already missing for the away side for definite along with Drogba. The home side are a solid enough outfit. I normally watch the early kick off's in the CL and managed to watch Spartak win comfortably at home to Zelina earlier in the competition. They are a solid unit who like to play with a bit of possession and through Aiden McGeady whom I know well from his days as a Celtic player they have an outlet to hit teams on the wings and on the break, he has started his career in Russia fairly well recieving many plaudits from the home fans. I can see both teams being a bit wary to start with here and not many risks being taken in the first half, therefore I like the idea that I win if no goals are scored in the first 33 minutes at fairly decent odds. I may be back with another pick in-play but for the moment this is my bet of the night :hope Goodluck everyone :beer
Cole and Essien both start, Anelka, Malouda and Kalou are the strike force with Cole, Ivanovich, Terry and Ferrira in defence. Essien, Mikel and Zhirkov are the holding midfeilders. I'd still be fairly surprised at an early goal and am following my initial instincts.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Arsenal v Shakhtar- Arsenal win at 4/6 Both teams to score at 4/6 Expect arsenal have to do much for them but im sure shakhtar will give the a game down 2recent performances in europe in last last few years Real madird v Ac Milan- Under 2.5 goals 23/20 Think this match happened last year and their was plenty of goals, But a new man in charge and quite a few of their reason mathces have been low scoring and with the not giving away 2 many goals All bets wit william hill

^ interesting call about the dogs in the champions league allthethings. I've been doing it a while in the championship and conference with some limited success. Lets see the strike rate tonight. Auxerre +0.75 @ 2.06 canbet Shakhtar Donetsk +0.75 @ 2.16 canbet CFR Cluj +1.5 @ 2.16 canbet Partizan Belgrade +0.5 @ 2.1 bet365 MSK Zilina +1.5 @ 2.07 bet365 AC Milan +1 @ 2.08 canbet Basel +0.75 @ 2.29 canbet Spartak Moscow +0.25 @ 2.19 canbet
Just one thing, Pat...I haven't played all the dogs...just the dogs that are getting more than 90% of public bets.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Arsenal v Shakhtar Donetsk Over 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - StanJames. Good value on the overs tonight I feel. Arsenal are usually fairly dominant at home in the CL. They are also look as eveer quite weak defensively. I don't really feel Shakhtar should be such a big underdog here, and they are very capable of scoring here. Arsenal - 2.5 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.95 - BET365 v Shakhtar Donetsk. I personally feel this line is set too low, despite the fact Arsenal like to use possession football, I can see them having a tough time tonight, and needing to push forward a fair bit. If it was -4 as the line is usually, I probably would side with Shakhtar.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Real Madrid - 3 Asian Corner Handicap @ 1.9v AC Milan - BET365. I fancy Madrid to beat this handicap tonight. Simply because I think that Milan are probably a lot better than the straight win odds suggest. They only hit one corner away to Ajax in drawing, while Madrid managed eleven corners at home to the same opponent. A very simplistic way of looking at things, but I think Madrid will aturally be the dominant side here, and Mourinho is well aware of Milan's strengths and weaknesses. The result might not come easily, and a draw is very possible.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Hello everyone, we are taking four games for today: 1) Spartak Moscow - Chelsea -- Chelsea win @2,15 -- Stake 4/10 In this game we have Spartak, team who has a very important loss, his main midfielder. On the other hand we have Chelsea, team who gets back Lampard and Drogba. Last saturday, Chelsea draw agains Aston Villa inVilla Park, but they proved that they have a very solid team, and with this recoveries it´s difficult they don´t score. 2) Real Madrid - Milan -- Real Madrid win @1,60 -- Stake 7/10 We all know the new Jose Mourinho´s Real Madrid. They have a solid defense, with a really complete midfield, and with Cristiano Ronaldo. Milan is plenty of stars, like Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho, etc. but I think that Mourinho knows how to win this Milan, because all these stars are not prepared to have a defensive style, so I think Real Madrid will take the control of the game, and, soon or later, they will score. 3) Bayern-CFR Cluj ; Roma-Basel -- Bayern + Roma @1,95 -- Stake 5/10 In principal, they have to be easy victories for both teams. Bayern plays agains weak Romanian Cluj, they have no more option that winning today if they want to have their leadership consolidated. In the other game, we have Roma, that comes from several important victories against Inter and Genoa, playing fairly well and making of Totti the most important and decisive man. Good luck everyone ----------------------------------------------------------------------- [url=http://sportsbetsfromspain.blogspot.com/]

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October There is one bet for me in the 1st game and that is: Under 10 Asian Total Corners @ 1.80 bet365 10pts There have been under 10.5 corners for both of chelsea's champions league games and I expect this trend to continue. Furthermore their opponents have gone under 10.5 corners in their home fixture in the champions league. Will be betting on the under 10 total asian corners for more value, or rather better odds. GL all :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Arsenal -2 Corners h'cap 5/6 Bet365 All over this tonight, Arsenal have got a few problems at the back and although they should still beat the Ukrainians, they did win 0-3 in Braga so are clearly no mugs, Fabregas should return tonight, Arsenal's style of play could rack up a few corners especially if the visitors either hold out for a long time or snatch the opening goal themselves.

Today I'm taking five UCL underdogs on the handicap in games in which the public is 90% on the favorites: Auxerre' date= Shakhtar and Basel +1, and Cluj and Zilina +1.5. Last fall in Champions League's last four rounds of group play, there were 13 games in which the public was 90% on one side...the underdogs covered the handicap in 10 of them. Inter 2-2 Kyiv; Barca 1-2 Rubin Kazan; Juve 1-0 Haifa (as a 1.5 favorite); ManU 3-3 CSKA Moscow; Sevilla 1-1 Stuttgart...need I go on? There's always talk in here about teams needing to win (as if the opponent doesn't), teams doing the business in front of their home crowd (as if the crowd is more important than the matchup), etc, etc, etc. Well I'm not falling for it anymore. In group play, no team plays to win all six games, and the minnows rise up and take points from the big fish.
Though I like your view on wagering dogs, I really have to challenge you on one statement. How do you know that 90% of the public is on certain teams? Do you have a credible resource that suggests ALL money that is being wagered accumulates to 90% on those certain teams? Unless you can provide valid proof about this statement than it is just an "opinion"

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October I am going for over 2.5 goals in the Arsenal game. I think Arsenal have to much fire power and the freedom to score at will against Shakhtar but they also have the tendancy to let in stupid goals. Over 2.5 goals @ 1.72 laddies

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October £10 on Arsenal/Shakhtar on any unquoted (Betfair) returning £66 profit. Investment bet. Will lay if I feel I need to (hopefully with Arsenal having scored 2 goals at least). :ok

£10 on Arsenal/Shakhtar on any unquoted (Betfair) returning £66 profit. Investment bet. Will lay if I feel I need to (hopefully with Arsenal having scored 2 goals at least). :ok
:beer £133 in 2 games not bad at all!

A little bit of info on the Arsenal game. Arsenal v Shakthar Arsenal welcome back Captain Cesc tonight, and although he may only start on the bench, it will be a massive boost to the whole team. The team came through a difficult game against Birmingham, and although tainted by a nasty Wilshire tackle late on, the performance was impressive, and much sharper than that of the last few previous weeks. Fabregas is joined back in the squad by Gibbs, Bendtner and Walcott, all who will be looking to get a bit of game time tonight, as Arsenal slowly begin to bring their massive injury list down. Arsenal have only ever lost once at the Emirates in Europe, and have won 6 of there last 7 (the other being a 2-2 draw against Barca). We have also beaten the -1 handicap in every one of those 6 games, and beaten the -2 handicap in 3 of those. With Shakthar likely to play without any restraint, this should be a cracking, fast paced game with plenty of goals. Chamakh is starting to find his touch and his Champions League record at Bordeaux was impressive. Fabianski is growing in confidence in goal with every game and that has reflected in some better defensive performances. I think there's definately value in Arsenal tonight, both the straight win, the handicap and on the overs. Arsenal @ 4/6 - 7.5pts - VCbet Arsenal -1 @ 9/5 - 2pts - StanJames Over 2.5 @ 4/5 - 5pts - Various Over 3.5 @ 2/1 - 2pts - BoyleSports Over 4.5 @ 9/2 - 1pt - StanJames
:beer