maximize.gif Real Madrid v AC Milan (19:45 BST) 1.78 3.5 4.52 106.64 %
maximize.gif Spartak Moscow v Chelsea (19:45 BST) 4.27 3.5 1.85 106.04 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v FK Partizan (19:45 BST) 1.83 3.5 4.5 105.34 %

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Well perhaps it has something to do with injuries of Vucinic and De Rossi (although they both should be ready for match against Basel), and with information that Unicredit can't find a buyer for club because of Roma's negative result in Seria A :unsure

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Arsenal to beat Shakhtar Donetsk @ 8/11 (Bet365 : 6pts) Think this is a really good price tbh, was expecting us to be 1.5 region for this one.Donetsk are a good technical team and it will be good to see Eduardo coming back to the Emirates here but I think we'll be well able to overpower them at home. We have Walcott and Bendtner back in the squad today for Birmingham so they should be a little better in terms of fitness in a few days time...Fabregas should also be back according to Wenger. We've had some sloppy results in recent weeks and have some defensive injuries....but I still think this is a great price as we are at least a level above Shaktar. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Personally I wouldn't touch Real Madrid - Milan game, because both teams have strong and quality players in their squad and both are doing well at the moment. This game in my opinion can go either way, it can be plenty of goals or both teams may decide to play it safe and it may end 0-0. Initally wanted to pick anytime goalscorer because price on Higuain, Pato or Ibrahimovic is very good but based on my initial thoughts this one is clear no bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Spartak Moscow - Chelsea Russian teams normally play a better football at home at this time of the year because football season in Russia is almost over and players are in a better physical condition. Both teams won their first two games and neither is in a desperate need to win this one. Chelsea are missing some key players, including Lampard and Drogba, and without them I do not see them attacking a lot and scoring goals. Spartak, will miss their playmaker Alex, but still will attack having a home team advantage, but it will be hard for them to break well organised Chelsea defense, that did not concede a goal in the last 3 games Draw @ 3.20 William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Yes Spartak Moscow also have a plastic pitch which will be a huge factor. Chelsea dont fancy this one at all Ancelloti is already talking about taking it steady to avoid injuries. Great value here for Spartak. Chelsea are cruising in the group after 2 wins and a defeat will be far from the end of world with an easy home game aginst Zilina coming up.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October

Yes Spartak Moscow also have a plastic pitch which will be a huge factor. Chelsea dont fancy this one at all Ancelloti is already talking about taking it steady to avoid injuries. Great value here for Spartak. Chelsea are cruising in the group after 2 wins and a defeat will be far from the end of world with an easy home game aginst Zilina coming up.
Agree with that, but defeat here will reduce their chances of finishing top of the group, which means they will likely face a stronger team in the last 16, and I think that Chelsea will want to insure qualification early so they can concentrate on Premiere League till Fberuary. That's why I decided to go for a draw here.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Real Madrid and AC Mailand have enough quality,especially in front.Real has Higuain,Ronaldo,Özil and Di Maria.Milan has a number of well forwards.They have the likes of Pato,Ibrahimovic,Ronaldinho,Robinho and Inzaghi.Both defensives are good,the Real-defence ist very good,but both teams make mistakes and that´s why I´m very convinced from my pick.Milan had just one match away without receiving a goal in this season. Real Madrid-AC Mailand both teams to score yes @ 1,90 (7pts) GL:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October MY ONLY BET ON TUESDAY IS REAL MADRID. Very Good value at 1.64 at betfair and hcp -1 2.1. Reasons: 1. Play at home and play very well 2. They need to have a win against a big team in Europe and Milan is their chance 3. Mourinho knows Milan better than Allegri knows Real 4. Revenge Time for Real (lost on 21/10/09 2-3) and Jose will give this happiness to people 5.Real is in better form than Milan More to come see u and gl

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October this is a clash of the titans and both teams will play not to lose. its certain that jose mourinho will setup real madrid defensively. he has done it in every game so far in the champions league. they've managed to score few goals in the la liga recently but they will tighten up conservatively on the field. i do believe milan is now way better team than they were several months ago. several months ago they were very weak and any team could pick them off but now they have some top quality players in robinho, ibrahimovic and and ronaldinho who getting back at his former self. milan is no doubt a formidable team again. for me this is a low scoring draw

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October AJAX @ 4/6 (bet365) Ajax will see there double header with Auxerre as do or die...IF they can manage to pick up maximum points here then there games with Real/Milan could prove to be one of games for qualification. Its a must win game for them in terms of at least achieving 3rd place for a Europa league spot. MARSEILLE -1 @ 5/6 (bet365) Again a similar scenario here and Marseille will be looking for a good win here to keep them in touch in the group. 2 defeats from 2 for both these sides leave them trailing behind in this group but Marseille will know Chelsea cud do them a favour in beating Spartak and wont want to waste that by losing at home. I think they will surpass the -1 here easily. ARSENAL v SHAKHTAR - over 2.5 @ 4/5 (bet365) Arsenal in europe are a joy to watch, full of attacking threat and always score goals, and opponents Shakhtar arent shot shy either and will probly see this game as a "lets just go for it" knowing they are already in a good position to progress. I can see goals and wouldnt be suprised to see Eduardo on the scoresheet back at his former club.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Ajax - Auxerre Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,05 Great odds for a game with Ajax involved. Both teams will not hide or calculate, 3 points needed to keep in theory chances to advance. As much as I favour Ajax to win this one, French teams away in Europe are dangerous, and 1,66 for HW is low for me. The home game of Ajax vs AC Milan could have been Over long before the HT, Ajax are vulnerable at the back - anyone watching them vs the Italians ( and vs Utrecht ) must have seen. Very happy with these odds, bet365, medium to high stake it. If I am wrong about the French, then I still got the hosts to complete the Over on their own - won't be the first time Ajax score 3+ at the Arena. Arsenal - Shakthar Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,80 Some good reasoning above about this one, nothing to add except that the game looks exactly the same to me as the Ajax one. Could have waited for better odds on the in-play, but 1,80 is good as it is with Arsenal involved. In both games I see more reason to stake on the Over compared to the Roma game where it is @ 1,70 - I expect goals there too, but that is an in-play for me at least until it gets up to 2,00 - 2,10. If Roma score first they will try to ''kill'' it, going on counters for a second. Still not convinced about the Real game - with all that firepower on the pitch it could be another high-scoring one, yet it is JM in charge... GL all

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October I agree with the majority who have already posted and predicting goals in the Ajax and Arsenal games. Would not like to predict a winner on the Ajax game feel it could swing either way so would rather look to the goals market. Ajax v Auxerre over 3.5 goals 12/5 at willhill As mentioned we are at this stage of the competition were teams know that 3 points is absolutely essential. In the case of these two they will both be going all out for the win whether this will aid to possible group progression or Uefa Cup place of 3rd spot both will want to ensure they retain European football and the money it brings for as long as they can this season. League form goes out the window and a Auxerre win could turn around their whole season. This imo looks a certain all out attacking cup game. I think this could could finish anything like 2-2 or more. Ajax have already leaked goals against weaker opposition than Auxerre and Auxerre will be aware of this. Ajax are blessed with good fire power particulary Suarez and Auxerre have Jelen both should have chances to score in this one. Both are the type you'd trust if blessed with chance after chance in an open looking game :hope Arsenal v Shatker Donesk Over 3.5 goals 2/1 willhill Again plenty has been said and we have already seen the attacking flair of Arsenal in this tournament already especially at home with 6-0 thumping of Braga. Arsenal are the type of team that once they get going they just keep on going all out for the goals. With Fabregas coming back into contention he will want to get back to old habits in this game and really grab this one by the scruff to ease the frustration of watching from the sidelines of late. Can see this one being one of those games where he comes back with a bang. Can see Arsenal dictating this one but there is a couple of players they need to watch on old boy Eduardo and Douglas Costa who seems to have settled down nicely this season. Came on against Fulham last season and turned the game on it's head in that one. Be interesting to see how Shatker do here they can play with much freedom having won their first opening two games of this group. Placed this as a double odds 9.2/1 with willhill stakes 1/10 Not high stakes at the moment will have a look at both games in live play before deciding to lay out higher stakes as over 3.5 goals can be a bit risky. But weighing up the both games before kick off just can't see either game being dull or lacking goals :hope goodluck all :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Shakhtar to beat Arsenal. (risky but worth a try) I know i know some of you will think i am absolutely crazy, however you need to know a little about this team and their coach. Tomorrows game might surprise many. Tomorrows squad will completely focus on goals, with defense and midfield joining for the attacks. Costa and Eduardo Alves de Silva will be pushing for mad goals.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Vucinic and De Rossi both will not dress along with Menez, which is the same situation as the weekend against Genoa and Roma played very well - even Totti :lol Odds are 1.60 at Pinnacle which I think is fair. But I never bet for or against Roma - too unpredictable.

Well perhaps it has something to do with injuries of Vucinic and De Rossi (although they both should be ready for match against Basel)' date=' and with information that Unicredit can't find a buyer for club because of Roma's negative result in Seria A :unsure[/quote']

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October I think Ajax -0.75, 1.855 at Pinnacle is the best of the day. As mentioned, if they want to progress, a win is necessary and they should get it against Auxerre (17th in France), who may have already given up. Coach Pedretti, "Of course we're not equipped to perform well in the championship and Champions League. If the issue is to maintain focus in Ligue 1 and limit the damage in Europe, it is possible."

AJAX @ 4/6 (bet365) Ajax will see there double header with Auxerre as do or die...IF they can manage to pick up maximum points here then there games with Real/Milan could prove to be one of games for qualification. Its a must win game for them in terms of at least achieving 3rd place for a Europa league spot.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 11-10-2 -0.60 units (52.38%) Shakhtar Donestk +0.5 +123 to bet 1 unit Could be an overlook type situation for Arsenal. Arsenal is riddled with injuries as well which wont help. Shakhtar been solid on the road the last couple of years in UEFA games. They've only lost one game on the road since 2008 and they even beat Barcelona on the road at one point a couple of years ago. I think they have a chance to win, so I took the +0.5, but I think a draw is very likely Real Madrid -156 to win 1 unit Real Madrid is finally getting there offense going, while AC Milan has been damn nearly terrible on the road. Mourinho also knows this team and knows it well. I think Real Madrid will win easily.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October no wagers placed yet, but i must say. I've learned the hard way the past few years in regards to laying Arsenal victories at home in European competition versus opposition in a lower class. Even when circumstances meant Arsenal could draw or lose and still be in good position, even when there may have been injuries to the side, and even when the opposition came to Emirates in blazing form. So I'm very close to putting in a wager on Arsenal to win at the odds available across most books (-135ish). Often times Arsenal covered the -1.5 AH at ease as well. I also see this as an opportunity for the gunners to put a stranglehold on winning the group so they're future group games won't be too much of a burden as they continue to push forward in multiple competitions (being able to rest some players in the return fixture for example). GL

Personally I wouldn't touch Real Madrid - Milan game, because both teams have strong and quality players in their squad and both are doing well at the moment. This game in my opinion can go either way, it can be plenty of goals or both teams may decide to play it safe and it may end 0-0. Initally wanted to pick anytime goalscorer because price on Higuain, Pato or Ibrahimovic is very good but based on my initial thoughts this one is clear no bet.
Hi all, it’s my first add in this forum (this year) so I just want to say that you are doing quite a good job :ok

As per Real Madrid - Milan game I have the impression that games between these two giants are always “set”. Last years qualification stage you all remember what happened therefore I agree with you not touching this match, it can go either way.

I will not be surprised even if Milan wins this one even Real Madrid is way better performing team (my opinion)

Good luck everyone. :gimme

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October A couple of French sides are in action tonight and I'm going for one bet. I have to take Ajax -1AH against Auxerre tonight in the match in Amsterdam. Auxerre have been pretty poor this year domestically. They sit 17th in Ligue 1 and have only won once, away at whipping boys Arles. They lost at home to Bordeaux at the weekend and seem to be toiling in their attempts to hit the heights of last year. This season in the Champions League, they've been plucky, but have been punished by AC Milan and Real Madrid at key moments. At the l'Abbe Deschamps, I'd expect them to be a tough nut to crack, but I can't see them coming away from the Dutch capital with anything here. They are decimated in attack. Main strikers Ireneusz Jelen and Anthony Le Tallec are missing along with winger Steven Langil and defender Jean-Pascal Mignot. Dennis Oliech will play up top on his own and although he has pace (they'll look to counter-attack), he's not a Champions League striker. I look at their midfielders and only Benoit Pedretti looks comfortable at this level. Kamel Chafni, Delvin Ndinga and Valter Birsa aren't up to it at this level and with Ajax expected to attack from the off, I can't see them offering protection to their defence. Ajax have got the players to take chances. Luis Suarez is an obvious threat but I've been impressed with Mounir El-Hamdaoui this season, and he will cause Adama Coulibaly and Stephane Grichting issues. In midfield, they have a bit more in defence and in attack with Rasmus Lindgren, Demy de Zeeuw and Eyong Enoh, and their defence and goalkeeper appear settled and strong, although they have conceded on league duty. I saw the posts talking about overs and looking at Ajax's 'frailties' at the back, but Auxerre haven't got the armoury to give this one a right good go. They may well nick one, but Ajax are capable of scoring for fun against this sort of opposition at home. There is, IMO, a bit of a class difference here with Auxerre's absentees, and with Ajax knowing a win is imperative if they want to have a say in the last 16 shout, they will go for the win here. I can see them getting it by a couple of goals. In the other match involving a French side, Marseille take on Zilina tonight at the Stade Velodrome and both teams know they must win if they harbour any ambitions of qualifying after two losses. On paper, Marseille have a stronger side, but I'm unwilling to back them on the -1.5 handicap. Even though Didier Deschamps has a full-strength team to choose from, OM have been struggling this year. Stephane M'Bia returns to the defence for this one but he's had an on-off relationship with Deschamps of late, and his performances have been less than impressive. Lucho Gonzalez hasn't really had a huge impact on matches this season, while Loic Remy, Brandao, Andre-Pierre Gignac and Mathieu Valbuena haven't clicked in the final third. Goals have been their problem and Zilina are a stuffy, athletic side who will look to counter-attack. Chelsea and Spartak both broke Pavel Hapal's side down fairly easily but OM aren't creating a great deal domestically. They laboured against Nancy at the weekend, winning 1-0 at home, and the pressure is on them to perform here. Considering the handicap is -1.5AH, the price of 1.877 is far too short - I'd be looking for something in the 2.00s, and ideally, on a -1.25AH. Marseille will probably win this but handicap, at that price, is a no-value bet for me. Selection: - Ajax -1AH (vs Auxerre) @ 2.12 with Pinnacle (5/10) :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 20th October One double for me: Ajax - Auxerre Ajax -0.25 Genoa - Grosseto (tomorrow) Genoa odds 1.95 @ Bet365 10/10 For Ajax I'm following the tip from Atko and the others. Genoa - Grosseto on Italy cup, is more a bet against Grosseto. Too many matches in a short time, like six in two weeks, not once a good game away from home this season, priorities like surviving in Serie B, bad morale at the present.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Spartak Moscow - Chelsea under 2.5 @ 1.74 pinnacle Spartak have yet to concede in winning both of their CL games so far this season and will fancy their chances of a result here. They have the added advantage of playing on an artificial pitch which will mean that Chelsea will find it hard to adjust in the first half to the difference in the bounce of the ball. However, Spartak have lost a good attacking player in Alex, and especially up against a very good Chelsea defence, then they will find it very difficult to create chances here. As for Chelsea, they too are missing influential players like Drogba and Lampard, and as seen in their 0-0 draw with Aston Villa, they lacked some creativity without them. With both teams on 6 points, can see both sides happy with a point here, so a low scoring game looks likely Roma - Basel over 2.5 @ 1.66 pinnacle Roma may be without DeRossi and Vucinic but do have two quality players up front in Borriello and Totti, and like them to score against a Basel side that has lost both of their games to Bayern Munich and CFR Cluj by the same scoreline of 2-1. Basel will have nothing to fear and expect them to play an open game given that they need the 3 points if they are to have any chance of progressing to the next round. Roma are not a team that has a solid defence, having beaten Cluj 2-1 at home but losing 2-0 on the road to Bayern, so can see both teams scoring here, with Roma the more likely of the two teams to get third goal and send it over Bayern Munich -1.5 @ 1.85 pinnacle Cluj went to Rome and tried to play it tight where eventually went down 2-1, and expect them to play a similar style where they will look to get a point from this game. However they are struggling in their domestic league and have some important players out for this game. They face a hot striker in Gomez who scored a hat trick on the weekend while the zippy Olic is also looking to poach one too. Having already beaten Roma 2-0 at home, Bayern face an inferior and out of form side compared to them, and like the home team to win this one well and pretty much guarantee passage into the next round Ajax - Auxerre under 2.5 @ 1.93 pinnacle Tough group for these two teams considering they are up against some big clubs in Real Madrid and Milan, but they have not been embarrassed in their performances. Ajax lost 2-0 at Madrid while drawing 1-1 with Milan at home, while Auxerre lost 2-0 at Milan and then lost 1-0 at home to Real. With just one goal scored between them, both teams have struggled to score, and with neither side looking to lose this game, doubt that they will be open in their approach to the game. Can see either side score a goal and then look to close it down, so would not be surprised to see a low scoring game here Real Madrid - Milan under 2.5 @ 2.14 pinnacle Both teams are favored to go through to the next round and would not be surprised that they cancel each other out here. Plenty of respect between both clubs and the talent each have, and with both teams having very good defences, where they have only allowed 1 goal between them, while they both have scored 2-0 home wins, can see this being a low scoring game. Mourinho is renowned for playing it defensive even though he has very good players who like to attack (just like at Chelsea and Inter Milan), and doubt that he will play it open if they get a goal in front. Both sides have quality in their defence as well as in attack, and expect the defensive midfielders like Gattuso and Alonso to be more cautious about getting too forward considering that attacking potential of both sides to hit on the counter Arsenal - Shaktar Donetsk over 2.5 @ 1.74 pinnacle Both sides like to play an attacking brand of football, and expect this to be no different as they both have two wins and will be looking to get a win here. Arsenal are likely to get the ingenuity of Fabregas back, as well as the speedy Walcott which makes them even more likely to create and score goals, while they are still without some of their main defenders in Koscielny, Sagna and Vermaelen, their replacements were exposed in the first half against Birmingham. Can see both teams scoring here, while Arsenal have the quality to go on from here and get at least another one

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Milan is the value bet of the day. If you see Milan to win at Madrid are the same price or better as Shaktar Donestk to win Arsenal you should be able to see my point whether or not you really consider the Italians a possibility to win. AC Milan are 11/2 with Sporting Bet which is a blinding price for me. A slip up on their second game of the season, but since then they have been playing very well and have the ability to trouble any defence with the options in attack. They give up chances too, but they were even weaker in this respect last year and won 3-2 in Madrid. Of course there is the Mourinho factor, but being honest apart from this weekend they have hardly dazzled La Liga so far and it will take time for Mourinho to get the best out of a great group. Even still just in terms of the value, I doubt you will get 11/2 on Milan many times through out the year, so that is the bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October A little bit of info on the Arsenal game. Arsenal v Shakthar Arsenal welcome back Captain Cesc tonight, and although he may only start on the bench, it will be a massive boost to the whole team. The team came through a difficult game against Birmingham, and although tainted by a nasty Wilshire tackle late on, the performance was impressive, and much sharper than that of the last few previous weeks. Fabregas is joined back in the squad by Gibbs, Bendtner and Walcott, all who will be looking to get a bit of game time tonight, as Arsenal slowly begin to bring their massive injury list down. Arsenal have only ever lost once at the Emirates in Europe, and have won 6 of there last 7 (the other being a 2-2 draw against Barca). We have also beaten the -1 handicap in every one of those 6 games, and beaten the -2 handicap in 3 of those. With Shakthar likely to play without any restraint, this should be a cracking, fast paced game with plenty of goals. Chamakh is starting to find his touch and his Champions League record at Bordeaux was impressive. Fabianski is growing in confidence in goal with every game and that has reflected in some better defensive performances. I think there's definately value in Arsenal tonight, both the straight win, the handicap and on the overs. Arsenal @ 4/6 - 7.5pts - VCbet Arsenal -1 @ 9/5 - 2pts - StanJames Over 2.5 @ 4/5 - 5pts - Various Over 3.5 @ 2/1 - 2pts - BoyleSports Over 4.5 @ 9/2 - 1pt - StanJames

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Arsenal v Shakhtar Donestsk - Arsenal @ 4/6 general Should have got on this last night with Arsenal a massive 1.78 on Betfair at one point :@ I'm a big fan of Shakhtar Donestsk, they have won both games in the group so far and beating Braga in Portugal was a very impressive result. They are a side with a lot of Brazilians and a very good technical side. However, I just feel Arsenal at home in Europe are too good for most sides and they are a level about Shakhtar. With Fabregas and Walcott back in contention I think Arsenal should have too much for the visitors in what promises to be a very exciting game. Sporting Braga v Partizan Belgrade - Braga @ 1.85 William Hill This looks a very big price here. Braga are a very strong home side and the game they lost against Shakhtar was the first they had lost in over a year. This looks like the battle for third place with both these sides having lost their first two games but I think Braga look the stronger side and with their excellent home form in Europe and domestically over the last few years they should have too much for the visitors.

Milan is the value bet of the day. If you see Milan to win at Madrid are the same price or better as Shaktar Donestk to win Arsenal you should be able to see my point whether or not you really consider the Italians a possibility to win. AC Milan are 11/2 with Sporting Bet which is a blinding price for me. A slip up on their second game of the season, but since then they have been playing very well and have the ability to trouble any defence with the options in attack. They give up chances too, but they were even weaker in this respect last year and won 3-2 in Madrid. Of course there is the Mourinho factor, but being honest apart from this weekend they have hardly dazzled La Liga so far and it will take time for Mourinho to get the best out of a great group. Even still just in terms of the value, I doubt you will get 11/2 on Milan many times through out the year, so that is the bet.
I agree with that. I do not understand why Milan is so underrated here. Both teams have quality players and in my opinion are equal here. Also, this season Real Madrid did not play any team as strong as Milan. Moreover, Milan plays better football in Champions League and I was thinking about staying away from this one, but at this price I will back Milan. Milan @ 5.50 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Tuesday 19.10.10 Roma-Basilea In 9 match seasonal Totti has not scored a goal, either for the difficulties the team had up to now want to form a state of exception not the captain's red and yellow. Tonight is a crucial match for Roma on the path to qualification to the knockout stage of Champions League will need to make the home turn, also because in the remaining three group matches will be to make 2 away and the home match against Bayern Monaco. After Saturday's match against Genoa coach Ranieri praised highly the performance of Totti, trying to smooth out even the small controversy arose between the two earlier in the season. Rome boasts two previous home win against Basilea (season 2005/06 and 2009/10) and on both occasions Totti has scored a goal. A memory I also remember a Uefa Cup match against Zurigo for about ten years' ago, won by Roma to the 'Olympic' own with a goal from Totti, confirming that the matches against Swiss teams seem to wear well. With this background I think Totti tonight will mark his first goal of the season against an opponent not irresistible. Totti to score anytime, 3/10 stakes, odds 2.10, bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 19th October Spartak Moscow v Chelsea A difficult trip for Chelsea, who travel to Russia without Alex, Lampard and most improtantly Drogba. We saw against Villa how much of a difference that can make, and they looked toothless up front. However, Chelsea are still extremely strong defensively. They've only conceded 2 goals in the league in 8 games, and with Essien and Mikel in front of an incredibly experienced back four, they are so difficult to break down. Moscow's home record may be a little worse than some would think. They have only won twice at home since millenium, and those were against poor teams. Kiev have already gone to Moscow and won 4-1. I think a combination of a solid defence, and Ancelotti's tactics will see Chelsea come away with a tight win. Chelsea to win with a clean sheet @ 5/2 - 3pts - StanJames