** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

"One Man, his paper and his laptop" My Betting Diary

Evertonboy

Firstly, I apologise if this is posted in the wrong thread, it just seems the most suitable. Secondly, I know members aren't keen on other members posting their bets after the results are known but intend this to be nothing more than an (hopefully) interesting read and an insight into how I operate. Any bets posted are in no way meant as tips they are my own personal selections after my own research. Any bets posted after the result known are not meant to be boastful and I can assure you that all bets are 100% genuine. Before we begin, a little about me. I am a 22 year old betting shop manager. I began betting the way I do now half way through last season with positive results. You will join my story on Saturday 25th September 2010....

Re: "One Man, his paper and his laptop" My Betting Diary Saturday 25th September 2010 I awoke this morning in a positive mood- it was the start of my weekend off and a day down the boozer with the lads lay ahead. My mood quickly changed tho after a punishing gym session with a friend left my legs in tatters. The mornings hard work was quickly erased as we settled down in the local for Man City and Chelsea. I had 1.5 pts on Chelsea 1-0 and 2-0 out of interest as I feel the bookies got the odds bang on for this game to warrant sufficient investment. A dull game was made worse after the 3pt loss in total. I was not to be discouraged tho and felt that Notts Forest where to big to be missed at 2.3 to pick up their first home win of the season against a Swansea side who struggle on their travels. I went in all guns blazing with 12pts on Forest. Similarly, I felt obliged to back Coventry at 2.1 to beat the then bottom of the league Preston. Again 12pts was wagered. With the bets in place, I sat back and simultaneosly watched Soccer Saturday and Liverpool vs Sunderland, albeit, the latter with italian commentary. After some persuading, the bar staff finally turned off the italian commentary an switched the commentary to soccer Saturday just in time for Forest to take lead. The joy was short lived however as I learned Coventry had fell behind. The fortunes of my 2 teams continued in opposite directions as Forest went on to win 3-0 whilst Coventry went down 2-1. Notts Forest victory ensured a 15.6pt return which wiped out the losses from Chelsea and Coventry and left me with 0.6pt profit. But hey, profits profit. After scanning betfair (thank god for betfair mobile) I decided that Valencia at a shade over evens where value to pick up an away win at Sporting Gijon. 14pts was sufficient enough. A text came through of my brother, an avid rugby fan, that Kevin Sinfield may represent a decent bet for first try In the televised play off game between Leeds and Wigan as he's available at 25s and playing out of position at scrum half- whatever that means. Like most betters, I told anyone who would listen about this little nugget of info without actually backing him myself. Imagine my horror as the commentator announced that Sinfield converted his own try. Why oh why didn't I back him?? As I drowned my sorrows over the missed wager I was rejuvenated to find out that Valencia held a 2-0 lead inside 10 minutes. 80 minutes later the Valencia score was confirmed to ensure I finished the day with a 15 point profit. I couldn't help but think that whilst a 15 point profit is good, a 50 point profit from a Sinfield wager wouldn't half of boosted the resources....

Re: "One Man, his paper and his laptop" My Betting Diary

I know members aren't keen on other members posting their bets after the results are known
Not keen, not keen... it is not accepted at all, period. Your only option is the Glory Hunters forum under the condition that you must be prepared to provide a screen shot of any bet not posted before the event when requested to do so by a mod. (You could also start blog)

Re: "One Man, his paper and his laptop" My Betting Diary Sunday 26th September As I woke in my trading office- or my bedroom as it is otherwise known, I was relatively fresh after yesterdays exploits. After a short walk to the shop for my Sunday copy of the Racing Post, I settled down in my office ready to price up the very kick off between Bolton and Man Utd. After consulting betfair it seemed that once again their was no value. I decided not to have a wager in this game and instead turned my attention to the foreign football on offer in my RFO. After extensive research, 14pts was wagered on both Sampdoria and Elfsborg who where at home to a bottom of the table Udinese and away at bottom of the table Brommapojkama respectively. With these bets in place I priced up Wolves v Aston Villa. The only value to be found was over a few correct scores, so I dutched 7pts over Aston Villa 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1.* After Stewart Downing had gave Villa the lead I was quietly confident that I'd be collecting after 90 minutes. A 2nd Villa goal would have calmed the nerves knowing that should there be a 3rd goal, I'd still be on for winning. A Wolves equaliser lead to a nervey ending but Emile Heskey came to My rescue. How many of you can say that? The elation of Heskeys late winner was followed by dismay after I learned that Elfsborg had lead, then fell behind before drawing with*Brommapojkama and after Sampdoria had a dour 0-0 draw with Udinese I was looking at an 18pt loss on the day so far.* Not one to be disheartend, I got back in the saddle and had 13pts on Espanyol to beat Osasuna. With the home side 1-0 up and the away team down to 10 men at half time my confidence was restored. With 3 more televised games I got to work on pricing them out, hoping to capitalise on any mistake s the bookies made. Once again there was little to no value. Espanyol held on to give me a slight profit on the day. With this I invested 7pts on Seville to win 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1,3pts over Athletico Madrid to win 1-0, 2-0 and 3 points over iaquinta and acquafresca to score the first goal in Juventus vs Cagliari. What happened next left me livid on 2 counts. The first , whilst innocently checking the scores to see what was going on around the footballing world, I stumbled across Hercules 2-0 Seville. Firstly I asked myself, why isn't this on sky- when I checked it was only the 2nd half being shown. If I knew this, I wouldn't have placed a bet. Secondly, the fact that they where 2-0 down meant I no longer had an intrest when sky finally got round to showing the 2nd half.* Anyway, after a few minutes contemplating what had just happened, I decided to move on and settle down for Juventus. Krasnics early goal ended all interest in that game I quickly switched to Atletico Madrid v Zaragoza. With Madrid leading 1-0 I was heading for a small profit on the day. I did not anticipate the trouble that lay ahead. The referee gave what can only be described as a ludicrous back pass decision and I was resigned to losing my money. After a flurry of yellow cards and shambolic attempt at a free kick I breathed a sigh of relief. Moments later the game descended into chaos as Atletico where reduced to 10 men after another ludicrous refereeing decision (come back Stuart Atwell. All is forgiven). After a nailbiting finale Atletico held on to there 1-0 and meant that I finished the day in profit. 2 days in profit, can't complain. But after backing 3 sides who where playing bottom of the league I can only dream what could have been. What should of been. Not forgetting of course the Sinfield fiasco.... Oh well the weekends over, and it's back to reality tomorrow. A nice earl start is just what the doctor ordered. Not.

Re: "One Man, his paper and his laptop" My Betting Diary Monday 27th September Somehow, I managed to drag myself out of bed for. The prospect of a 12 hour shift on a Monday is not something I would wish upon my worst enemy. After setting the shop up and completing the weekly paperwork, *I settled down with a nice brew and the shop copy of the racing post. All that was missin was a "do no disturb" sign for the door. Luckily enough, today was one of the quoted mornings. I was however disappointed that Kevin Pulliens article was emitted from today's post. His articles always make for an enjoyable, informative read. I then turned to my RFO to see if any games today represent any value. Several games from Finland to Sweden to Norway where brought to my attention. Upon closer inspection it was a game from the Blue Square Premier that warranted my interest. I felt York where a good bet at 2.26 to dispose of Darlington who have drawn 5 of there 6 away games against lower opposition. Yorks home record over last season and so far this has been impressive so I wagered 17pts on the home win. Being surrounded by horse and dog racing all day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year means that I don't really take an interest in it. Maybe Cheltenham and a few of the more prestigious meetings I may get involved. But your class 6 all weather racing from Kempton Park is not for me.* Periodically throughout the day, I checked to see how the odds of York where fairing, they peaked at 2.34 before settling down at around 2.3. After the madness of the afternoon racing has been and gone, a relatively trouble free day is nearly over. with just a few hours remaining, it's time to settle down for the soaps (it's ok this no night racing malarky) before the frantic score checking begins....

Re: "One Man, his paper and his laptop" My Betting Diary Monday 27th September continued As the evening progressed, Emmerdale had been and gone and Coronation Street was in full flow as kick off time approached. I was cautiously optimistic that York would see off Darlington and boost the betting bank. As the first of Coronation Streets to episodes concluded I franticly checked the scores before Eastenders kicked in. 0-0 at the 15 minute Mark. I glanced over the scores from from earlier in the evening in Scandinavia I was relieved to see that a couple of teams I had interest had failed to win. As the 9.30 finish time approached, York had still not managed to fond a breakthrough and it was still 0-0 as I set off for home. I arrived home and the 0-0 finish was confirmed meaning a 17pt loss on the day. A 2nd 0-0 in 2 days left me frustrated. I logged onto the Paddy Power and found no mention of there 0-0 money back specials they used to do- so I was glad I'd used Betfair and not missed out on 31pts worth of refunds over the past 2 days. I settled for the night after Watching the exploits of Will, Simon, Jay, Neil, Tara and a "blowjob giving American landmark" with renewed hope as the RFO will be in the shops before work In the morning as I prepare to take it to the old enemy with the full set of football league fixtures and the champions league to look forward to tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...