** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals Well, one thing postive has come out of tonights game for me at least... ...Pies can't win the GF. Dogs defensive game tonight...sorry game plan at least, was actually pretty good... ...going in without Morris was always going to hurt big time personel-wise... ...but Collingwood's kicking is now well, established I guess. It's the norm for them to struggle... ...but for them lots of negatives I would have thought (besides inability to kick a goal.) Leon Davis must surely now be embarrassed to pull on an AFL guersey. Terrible. Hard to believe watching (actually it's not, given the 'media's' dead set moronicness (word? lol!)...but every time he went near it the anticipation was huge!!...Did not get one mention how absolute shit he was. Just awful. Not one positive about him. ...and I'm guessing Didak may well be injured, because tbh I've never really thought this about him before, but he did everything in his power tonight to avoid contact. Amazingly soft game that will again go un-noticed...or at least un-mentioned due to a couple of good goals late. Seriously, got ONE single kick all night within 2 metres of a Bulldog...was a handball he smothered and he threw it on the boot as if he was about to be shot. They can't possibly carry these two in to a final against St. K or Geelong... ...and, while I'm at it...[more of a knock against (oh god...) "expert commentators"...I know, I know, there are no such thing...]...but "the key to stopping COllingwood, is stopping their half backline"!!!??? Oh no...no... Two massively over-rated players are Maxwell and O'Brien. Maxwell's a bit Didak really...loves it on his own...but not two minutes after giving (a 1/2 fit) Higgins a mouthful, he's backed into a pack, heard the footsteps bigtime...head down, limp fist in the air...missed the ball...seriously don't know a non-Collingwood supporter that rates him. O'Brien is in the same boat...looks a bit flash running off players, but doesn't like to go when it's his turn. The two of them looked a million dollars tonight playing on Higgins and Johnson...oh, and for toughness sake I particularly liked O'Brien (legitimately) sheppard Hall, but then feel the need to give him a spray afterwards...like it's the toughest thing he's ever done? Good work Harry. :eyes Anyway...absolutely happy to lay the Pies from here. First time all year they've been beaten in tackles...a little bit surprised they had 156-132 contested...but the game the whole way went the way of the Dog's kicking efficiency. No other team the Pies will face from here will go at 62% overall, so I guess that makes it happy days... :lol Oh yeah...Freo. Funnily enough, despite butchering the ball the majority of the day...forward efficiency of 1.75...just about right on the Hawks travelling average. ;) Honestly, as gooch said as well...one of the stupidest lines of the year. :beer

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals Wow taza rlthat is a huge call don't want to delve into it too much as I was at the game pies totally screwed the dogs structures most boring 1 sided match I've ever seen too say the pies can't win the granny after tonights performance IMHO is absolute lunacy, Maxwell is a god damn superstar, didak ad Davis were soft but Maxwell was the general and led to dogs low score, I can't really understand your comments after such a convincig win..

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals Your comments are quite naive, you don't get n Buckley one of the greatest Evers number and be the captain of the biggest club in Australia if your soft. Tht my friend is pretty disrespectful, commentators are spot on collingwoods back 6 best in the league , at least our full backs don't rape like Scarlett and Taylor it's fairnplay, cats losing to saints wouldn't even be surprised if freo gives them a god damn work over.

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals :rollinHey, it's finals time goochy :D! Peoples are going to want to get things off their chest :lol! P.s. is there a rule at this forum about posting when intoxicated :lol? And you've gotta be honest, it was a funny one when the superstar did the crane as he heard those footsteps. Will be kinda embarrassing seeing him hold the premiership cup aloft as the whole world's just thinking about that crane :eek.

Leon Davis must surely now be embarrassed to pull on an AFL guersey. Terrible. Hard to believe watching (actually it's not, given the 'media's' dead set moronicness (word? lol!)...but every time he went near it the anticipation was huge!!...Did not get one mention how absolute shit he was. Just awful. Not one positive about him.
Well, I'm not prepared to say that! I clearly saw him patting Dane Swan on the back as they walked down the race after the game, which I thought was a worthwhile contribution. Excuses aside, possibly the two most insipid efforts I've ever seen from teams in finals, and chinks to get exposed in finals. I'll throw up two names: Brown & Harbrow. It's something that's been sacred to clubs for over a hundred years and for every reason!

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals

seriously don't know a non-Collingwood supporter that rates him.
:eyes Can't wait to see a replay...will tell you the exact time of the game he poops himself. Not that I can understand the second post...but I'm guessing I can stop reading at about the time you start telling us commentators know what they are talking about... :lol Too good for an injury riddled...and suddenly shit disposing Doggies (about time Gilbee isn't playing any more too just quietly... :@ ), but can't win against quality teams going in at least 1 player (and 3 or 4 hearts ;)) short. PS. I do apologise for disrespecting Nathan 'The Notorious Hardman' Buckley.

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals Why does everyone use injuries lol ? Cooney yes big loss, Morris weighs less than me not sure what use he would be playing on Dawes or cloke you would just have them 1 out in the square , look at their bs injuries gees griffen was hurt bad, , doggies are downhill skiers, and they faced alot of pressure that they couldn't deal with. Rocket quoted Higgins and Johnno were both fit but just played subpar game. if you think collingwood can't beat Geelong and saints obv you have missed the past 12 rounds. Collingwood flogged both of them. After last night you would form the opinion doggies won the flag not pies or Geelong as they were absolutely terrible and pathetic against st kilda .... As you are pointing out the flaws of the pies team Taza i think it is actually quite scary Collingwood won by 11goals, if kicked straight would of been 17-18 goals and their is a heap of room for improvement. medhurst will come back in for davis but imho that was the best collingwood has played all year, re watched the game and still hold the same view saying skipper maxwell is soft is a poor act. And harry didnt seem to scared of Barry.. he is either real dumb or fearless, if your so confidence lay your house on collingwood for the grandfinal, and i hope for your sake it wins. anyway i will be previewing syd game now.

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals Sportingbet Sydney 1-39 @ $2.20 7/10 I really like this odds, Ideally if the match was at the SCG i fear sydney would win by 39 or more but ANZ will play into Carltons favour as Swans have lost past 6 their i believe but against sides like COllingwood Geelong.. you get the picture. Sydney started the year with a flourish however injuries really stalled their season. However of late their has been a resurgence with Swans ranked #1 contested footy, tackles and many other important stats in the past 4 rounds. Jack is really driving that midfield and the side are playing with lots of belief for kirky and roosy. Carlton on the other hand have had a really up and down year, the loss of Kreuser hurts big time and i believe mumford will be able to really set the midfielders up and Betts, Yarran, and Gartlett have a very tough time against most probably smith, Kennelly, macelski or shaw who additionally provide terrific run of the halfback line. Carlton were competitive last week and i am sure they will be competitive again, however i fear the travel factor will hurt them today and i think experienced heads of goodes, kirky, bolton will really bode well for this hungry swans side eager for some finals success. Sydney should be too strong and win by 3-4 goals!:hope

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals

Why does everyone use injuries lol ? Cooney yes big loss, Morris weighs less than me not sure what use he would be playing on Dawes or cloke you would just have them 1 out in the square , look at their bs injuries gees griffen was hurt bad, , doggies are downhill skiers, and they faced alot of pressure that they couldn't deal with. Rocket quoted Higgins and Johnno were both fit but just played subpar game. if you think collingwood can't beat Geelong and saints obv you have missed the past 12 rounds. Collingwood flogged both of them. After last night you would form the opinion doggies won the flag not pies or Geelong as they were absolutely terrible and pathetic against st kilda .... As you are pointing out the flaws of the pies team Taza i think it is actually quite scary Collingwood won by 11goals, if kicked straight would of been 17-18 goals and their is a heap of room for improvement. medhurst will come back in for davis but imho that was the best collingwood has played all year, re watched the game and still hold the same view saying skipper maxwell is soft is a poor act. And harry didnt seem to scared of Barry.. he is either real dumb or fearless, if your so confidence lay your house on collingwood for the grandfinal, and i hope for your sake it wins. anyway i will be previewing syd game now.
What do you reckon Ash...as good as the "modern game" is, it's a shame that these guys growing up will never actually get to know real courage on a football field. With wide-open game plans and more and more over-umpiring there is less and less likelyhood of blokes like Troy Selwood actually playing the game... It's going to be easier for me to tell you what isn't courages, gooch. 1) Standing on your own for 95% of the game, running freely toward contests all day and putting a fist to the ball does not require courage. Going backwards into unknown on-coming traffic absolutely is the hard thing to do in our game...amazing how Maxwell does one with so much confidence and yet the other with his chin on his chest and a wobbly arm waiving in the breeze for the other... ...2) (and, as I mentioned earlier, which is what the Maxwell 'act' look so much worse)...Yelling at your opponent when he is on the ground is not tough. Something that's been creeping in over the year imo. Firrito has done it a few times (once to a seriously injured Saint)...Goddard is bad for it...now the two Collingwood backmen... ...O'Brien got Hall with a perfectly legit (don't want anyone to get that bit wrong!) sheppard that Hall didn't ever see coming. Well done. It' what the game is about... ...so why feel the need to tell him all about it?? I don't understand. Of course he "isn't scared" of Hall, they're on a football field with 15 cameras and Hall on his last chance. :eyes It's not 'tough' at all to beat your chest when the other guy is on the ground and has no way to respond. (esp. late in the 3rd when the game was over). The test for his "fearlessness" will be in the coming weeks when it's his turn to go where angels (and over-rated Captains) fear to tread, not by bundling over a big guy renowned for his short fuse. ;) The 'most solid backline' in the AFL is a lot like the Hawks of 2008...rely heavily on strangling opposition I50's to a) limit oppertunities (obviously), but also to limit effectiveness which allows Maxwell to be able to zone off... ...however I reckon it's extremely interesting to note that on just 5 occassions this year have they allowed a shot at more than 2.05 entires...twice v. St. Kilda and once v. Geelong (and not even in the game Geelong won). Good, well structured forward lines are far more suited to making this defense accountable, and it will show. Dogs chose to play an extra midfielerd to try to stifle Coll I50's given their absolute lack of tall defenders...Geelong/St. Kilda will not. ...also, as I already mentioned, no team that Collingwood will face from here will have a disposal efficiency of 62%!! Interesting again that in games v. teams that finished in the top 5, that Collingwood had a higher % of disposal effectiveness that the Bulldogs on all 3 meetings this year... ...yet are just 1-4 in 5 other games...only once having 72% or better, and all 5 allowing better than 71%...3/5 better than 75%. Point being that this game was as much a true reflection of a top 4 final than the Hawthorn/Freo game in Launceston was. ;) [if you don't know that Morris is in the most important 5 (conservatively) players for the WB you really shouldn't be commenting on their list... ...I doubt very much indeed that we'll see Medhurst again this year... ...and yes, watching the game is was clear to everyone that both Higgins and Johnson are 100%! :lol (Particularly classy of the majority of the crowd to 'boo' Johnson every time he went near it too...:eyes)...(and Griffen's injury is bs...and Williams is 100% while we're at it ...) ] EDIT: 30:17 into the 2nd quarter...Having a sneaky peek at what's coming and then waving the proverbial white arm in the general vicinity of the ball is a legitimate option, but I'm pretty sure Brian Lake, Scarlett and Harry Taylor all would have marked it. Just sayin... And, good to see the Johnson is travelling so well that he's had a press conference to announce he can't wait to take on the Swans next week...

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals It did appear Collingwood may have been under instruction to get in their face at every opportunity but I must add that in the little bit of footy I played I always felt the type of bloke who looked back at you to check his handy-work after a collision or would give you a mouthfull while you're on the ground was a bit of a weakey - more to the point, they invariably were. The guy who cleaned you up then just got on with it was the one who left you thinking the next contest would also be hard.

Re: AFL Weeks 1 Of Finals I dont understand why that means collingwood cant win the premiership? The whole standing on your own thinggoddard, Gilbert, and Fisher.. with Blake and Dawson as key defenders , i mean really?? just really?? If you want to watch someone that rubs it in face, watch nick riewoldt after he takes a mark against scott thompson. Most cowardly acts ive ever seen and ended up getting to 50ms, why not bring those up?? No offense but sometimes these stats are severely overrated. The most important ones being Tackles, and inside 50s imo and im pretty sure collingwoods differential in these categories is nearly the highest in the league. As i mentioned with Fremantle last week which was spot on, it is hard to Stop a YOUNG side full of confidence, the runners that carry the ball will break the lines espec against the cats. I could only imagine the score if Scarlett (skinny little runt) who always hold same with taylor.. get their Freekicks paid against when the ball comes in quickly to Cloke and Dawes, if you tell me they dont need a 3rd man up then wow. Dawes vs scarlett- mismatch Cloke vs Taylor- mismatch these guys are very very big boys and the ability to rotate brown their is huge. I think you misread my comment about Morris. i believe he is a terrific player and 5 most consistent players but i believe he would be useless on a guy like dawes for the above reasons i have mentioned and would still need a third man up. To say maxwell is overrated is a joke, i hardly know anyone that even thinks he can play.. but collingwood are on the top of the ladder for a reason and are on the verge of a premiership for a reason.. i guess some of these guys can sort of play after all