Fleet's Football 2010/11

Right, we're ready. The system is the staking plan on the trebles - £10 bets, bank half, stake half upon a win, revert to £10 when losing. I'm sure the regulars amongst you are used to it by now. Selection method is a combination of my excel program & an alternative piece of software (new for this season) - it's come a long way from the method a few seasons ago. Don't know how this will pan out but this season I am betting for fun. Although trebles will always be 3 homes, some new rules for this season;

• Trebles will allow matches above 1/1 if I have no other viable options based on ratings.
  • Friday night matches will be avoided unless I have no alternatives.

I intend to use just Premiership, Championship, Football League & Blue Sq Prem for these.

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Hi mate, your system is the one I really look for. What sort of info inputs do you use for each part of system if you don't mind me asking? doesn't have to be too precise but I understand if its under wraps. Best of luck anyhow bud.

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Like the old manual method, it is based on league tables & current form. Both the excel program & the other software are based on similar things, although the other software is suggesting some strange things in places - hence I am combining the two to hopefully get some results. No pressure, as I am presuming to lose £25 every weekend. :lol First bets: £10 treble: BETFRED Ipswich 5/6 Bournemouth 13/10 Oldham4/5 £10 staked in an attempt to return £75.90 Current bank: -£10 Higher than what we're used to, but had to take the highest rated above evens to make a treble. The glory bets: 7-fold: BETFRED Ipswich 5/6 Oldham 4/5 Bournemouth 13/10 Forest Green 1/1 QPR 11/8 Cardiff 11/8 Luton 4/5 £8.80 staked in an attempt to return £1356.30 Lucky 31's (HT 1 FT X) & (HT 2 FT X) Leicester vs Reading Dagenham vs Tranmere Morecambe vs Gillingham Northampton vs Wycombe Oxford vs Accrington 10p stakes on the lucky 31's = £6.20. Current Glory Bank: -£15

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Yeah we had some good seasons, then I started doing all sorts of weird & wonderful things, putting pressure on myself, especially after a few bad weekends. Well this season I am just going to go with the flow. If I lose then so be it! I simply don't have the time to manually rate matches the way I used in those days. Mind you, if there was a way to take the last 6 matches and give points based on scorelines in excel automatically, I'd be there in a shot. Just I don't have those skills to be honest.

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Well already, future weeks will be slightly different. The 7-fold bet will revert to homes only (never liked away betting anyway.) I won't post an alternative bet now as the bet above is already staked. I would like to thank muppet for his hard work in automating it for me. :ok :cheers :ok (And for making it easy enough for me to edit for European leagues :lol) I am also going to ditch the lucky 31s, as I intend to play "penny bingo" with the entire fixture list for those. Refer to the post I have made in evilchris' gloryhunt thread for what I intend to do privately.

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 cheers mate, bit of a hobby of mine. People have helped me so much with corner scrapers so its good to give back now and then. Sent you another version this morning, a bit more user friendly so let me know what you think....! It actually doesn't need to have 6 games in the tank. I am tempted to follow the highest rated teams myself today! What do you reckon?

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 I originally would have said that it's too early in the season for it to to be 100% accurate, but then again, it's given the premiership like this: 21 Chelsea Stoke 18 Man United West Ham 16 Tottenham Wigan 5 Blackpool Fulham 5 Aston Villa Everton 3 Wolves Newcastle 1 Bolton Birmingham -6 Liverpool West Brom -8 Blackburn Arsenal -14 Sunderland Man City meaning the top 3 are as expected, albeit far too short a price! Can't wait to see the rest...... have sent you a query via hotmail too.

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11

Like the old manual method, it is based on league tables & current form. Both the excel program & the other software are based on similar things, although the other software is suggesting some strange things in places - hence I am combining the two to hopefully get some results. No pressure, as I am presuming to lose £25 every weekend. :lol First bets: £10 treble: BETFRED Ipswich 5/6 2-0 :clap Bournemouth 13/10 3-3 :wall Oldham 4/5 0-0 :wall £10 staked in an attempt to return £75.90 Current bank: -£10 :sad Higher than what we're used to, but had to take the highest rated above evens to make a treble. The glory bets: 7-fold: BETFRED Ipswich 5/6 :clap Oldham 4/5 :wall Bournemouth 13/10 :wall Forest Green 1/1 :wall QPR 11/8 :wall Cardiff 11/8 :clap Luton 4/5 :$ £8.80 staked in an attempt to return £1356.30
Annoyed with Oldham more than anything, but seeing as Bournemouth threw away a 3 nil lead, including letting in 2 goals in 90mins +, we weren't winning anyway. Still, never that great at the start of the season, and next week will see the Michael Wray adjustments take effect. Luton getting stuffed shows why I never liked backing fancied away sides, and Tottenham showed why short-priced teams get excluded. Onwards & upwards.....

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Just for interest purposes, the "old method" would have come up with this: 2 teams were in the odds range, meaning highest rated above would have been combined. 32 Aberdeen Kilmarnock 32 Chelsea Stoke 25 Man United West Ham 24 Bournemouth Notts County 24 Ipswich Bristol City 23 Oldham Yeovil 22 Inverness C Hamilton 22 Mansfield Cambridge 21 Raith Rvs Morton 19 East Fife Dumbarton 19 Forest Green Bath City 16 Ayr Peterhead 16 Histon Kettering Town 15 Rangers St Johnstone 15 Tottenham Wigan Can't wait for the rest of the season now. Don't forget, none of these ratings didn't includ a current form of 6 games, as no team has played that many yet. As the season develops, the ratings will start to go above 30 (the ideal treble selections), with a greater number above 15 (the 7-fold contenders). And now the calculation method have been dramatically sped up, this will be my preferred method for the season. We're back where it all began. Let's hope it pays.....

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Now we also have the capability to rate (very quickly) the top divisions in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Turkey & Greece every week. Muppet has suggested a "Europe wide treble" in the hope of snatching 3 teams rated 30+ most weeks..... I must admit I like my UK treble. So the UK treble stays as bank 1. I propose to merge the non-league & scots (at least half of which is non-league level anyway) into bank 2. That would leave the 8 European leagues for bank 3. The glory bets can be from ALL ratings. But anybody else's thoughts are most welcome.

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 The top 3 (non-league) are way too short for me. The treble was posted days ago - not changing or adding to it, as it gives me more time to ponder. I have come up with one idea though, but it will need a new thread. Have emailed you a copy of what it will be using :)

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Regardless of today's outcome, this thread will end & a revised system will commence next week. Both Fleet's Football & Fleet's Football Insurance will be implemented in tandem, with a revised staking method. And yes, it will look totally revamped. It has been decided that there will be THREE treble banks running, and all stakes will be listed in points rather than £'s. This leaves anybody who follows free to stake to their own values. There will also be some more adventurous "glory bets". Best to nail the methods before the season form starts to bed in, eh? :ok

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 a quick comparison of monkey's ratings shows you have his top 6 picks in your top 7! you have to be using similar data!

Carlisle

v

Swindon

BACK

Oldham

v

Bristol R

Chesterfield

v

Lincoln

Aldershot

v

Northampton

Crawley

v

Fleetwood

Mansfield

v

Tamworth

Carlisle

Swindon

Mansfield

Tamworth

Oldham

Bristol Rvs

Chesterfield

Lincoln

Aldershot

Northampton

Shrewsbury

Rotherham

Crawley Town

Fleetwood Town

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Shame the bets themselves were pants though eh? lol Still, early in the season. Interestingly, as I maintained was normal elsewhere, NONE of the 30+ ratings lost: 47 Alfreton Town Vauxhall Motors W 43 AFC Telford United Blyth Spartans D 37 Chelmsford City Dorchester Town W 32 Carlisle Swindon D 32 Chesham United Tiverton Town W

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11 Wow. I've been looking around for advice and tips on footy bets and I've just stumbled upon this. I'm new to the whole betting scene, I've had no luck whatsoever but I'll sure be checking this forum alot now! If you don't mind of course, I'd like to stick around :)

Re: Fleet's Football 2010/11

Wow. I've been looking around for advice and tips on footy bets and I've just stumbled upon this. I'm new to the whole betting scene' date=' I've had no luck whatsoever but I'll sure be checking this forum alot now! If you don't mind of course, I'd like to stick around :)[/quote'] :welcome matey. Stick around join in the forum its a good place with some cracking threads and tips. Be sure to check out General chat also. :ok