** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

A few words from a rookie...

Hi there folks, I hope I'm not disrupting anything by posting up on this forum? I've very new to football betting but since I do watch a lot of games I thought "why not put a couple of quid on it this season". And being an MI/Stats analyst for a living, I couldn't do things by half! So having read the Premier Football Betting Handbook (by Matt Finnigan and Pete Norsted?) I was quite interested in a lot of the tips and concepts they read about. Problem is, that a lot of it, while good ideas, I haven't yet found a system that works for me, and don't know where to start! Now, I'm not looking for a quick win here, I'm just looking to find a couple of pointers and almost come up with a standard weekend bet "template" that I can tweak as I become more experienced. That all said, it's great to find somewhere where I can chat with like minded people (I didn't really trust any of the "strategies" I read on the betfair forum!). Kind regards, Andy

Re: A few words from a rookie... Hi thanks mate, I got a similar response on another thread which alluded to developing my own system and then sharing with others. That's something I'm happy to do! I found some systems here: http://www.greatgamblingsystems.com/content/footballfixedodds_winning_permutations.htm I guess it would be knowing what games to apply them too. I'll have a look. Andy