Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August

3.30 Yarmouth Harry Patch WIN 6/4 Bet 365 Like the look of this one today in the class 3 race. Unbeaten as a two year old and wa sonly raced once aged 3 coming 3rd on the AW. Ran really well behind Poet's Place on sole start after long delay and that form looks good. There was give in the ground that day so should like the cut. Looking at the form, Poet's Place has finished second to Jonny Mudball in a class 2 off this mark and in the same grade 5 and a half lengths off Castles in the Air at Ascot, although Imperial Guest was ahead of PP that day. Having said that Harry Patch is ligghtly raced and likely to improve for the run here and should make a bold bid.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August 215 Sed: 94 Cailin Na Ri, 88 Call Me Mulligan, 87 Grand Zouki Preview; Two novice races at Sedgefield and the ground remains on the firm side which is a bit surprising, anyway the first is a nice competative event with a fair bit of form on display. Sahrati will be fav after rattling up a hattrick of wins, the double penalty wont make it easy but is on the upgrade. I like Cailin Na Ri's chances back here where she put in her best performance on this type of ground. The mares allowance takes off the penalty and recieves a stone from Sahrati. Grand Zouki and Call Me Mulligan have ability and the Swinbanks have a debutant which will be interesting if backed. Bet: 215 Seg: Cailin Na Ri 1pt (9/2 PP bog)

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August Archies Wish - Sedgefield 3:45 Has absolutely no form whatsoever but there seems to be a lot of e/w money going on this in the market today and all the firms have slashed their prices about it (25/1 into 14/1) so it suggests to me the horse must have trained well on the 82 days it has been off and its having its first run in a chase today so is interesting. E/W @ 18/1 (Betfred) BOG

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August 14:30 Yarmouth Shesells Seashells can land this fairly weak looking handicap. The filly is lightly raced having only had four runs to date, two of which have come over this course and distance. Broke her maiden tag at the second time of asking over this course and distance where she got up well to win by a neck in a 15 runner race. Disappointed on her handicap debut over 2 furlongs further at Windsor before running again over course and distance LTO. Was 3rd that day off a mark of 70. Dropped 1lb for this race and although the soft ground is an unknown, I believe she has a chance of winning this. Hayley Turner takes the ride and the combo of Bell and Turner have a fantastic strike rate at this course so far in 2010 with 6 winners and 2 places from 11 runners which is a 54% win strike rate. 1pt win Shesells Seashells @ 4/1 (WillHill - BOG)

Best bet of the day 24th Aug 2.30 Yarmouth Shesells Seashells improved rapidly to win second start in a course and distance maiden on good ground, failed on fast ground and longer trip but return back to best when back here over CD on good ground, so he looks the sort that should appreciate the softer going and also dropped a 1lb in the handicap for latest effort. 1pt win shesells seashells 4/1vc

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August 6:50 Cmon You Irons - Put this up on Friday 13th August and won at 16/1.That win came at Kempton on the all weather in a class 6 over 6 furlongs.Drops to 5 furlongs 218 yards tonight although it isn't a lot shorter than 6 furlong and up in class but does love the soft ground.Jockey Ian Brennan is in good form after winning two races on Sunday at Musselburgh and claims 5lb.This is my bet of the day. 1 pt Win bet @ 4/1 William Hill

Re: Best bet of the day 24th Aug 2:30 Yarmouth - Astrodonna - 1pt @ 9/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Been following this one for a while without backing her but I'm going to start now. Always gives her running around here having won once and placed twice from six efforts, I would ignore the last run as it was over 1m 1f is too far for her. She has been fairly inconsistent this season, hasn't registered a place yet but her penultimate start here which was over C&D gave me an indication that she was coming back to the sort of form that we seen from her in '09. She only managed 5th but hit 5/4 in running and looked the likely winner to me, she's 4lbs lower than that race and now 4lbs lower than her C&D success of last year in which she was an easy 4 length winner and has the same claimer on board that is on today. Ashley Morgan takes off a further 5lbs and that means she'll only be carrying 8st 11lbs which is certainly a help. Should be the guts of 12/1 and that would be a nice price and worthy of a small each way bet for me.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August 6.20 Leicester: Prince of Dreams 1pt win @ 12/1 Skybet Pretty big price for this horse with a depleted field here. Best effort to date was on debut on soft ground when 2nd to a decent Andrew Balding horse so ground conditions no problem. Having said that the horse doesn't look obviously thrown in at the weights but with Harry Bentley good for his 7lbs claim, the featherweight this horse is carrying may make the difference on handicap debut.

Re: Best bet of the day 24th Aug 5:00 Yarmouth - Little Scotland This 3yo's last race was in listed company nine days ago. At 66/1 on that day, there wasn't much hope of a win. Has also raced in a Group 2 as a 2yo (33/1) and won next time out in a cl4 3yo maiden. The race today is also cl4, with the same jockey as lto. Win @ sp

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August 3:30 Yarmouth Spitfire 1pt win - 9/1 (Skybet) Spitfire is back to a mark he has won off in the past, and also put in some good efforts on this mark last year. Won readily in heavy ground when on a mark of 84, and has won on good to soft ground, so the soft ground he faces today won't be an issue, whereas there are a few question marks on the other runners. All of his wins have also been over this trip, including a win at this track a few years back.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August

Archies Wish - Sedgefield 3:45 Has absolutely no form whatsoever but there seems to be a lot of e/w money going on this in the market today and all the firms have slashed their prices about it (25/1 into 14/1) so it suggests to me the horse must have trained well on the 82 days it has been off and its having its first run in a chase today so is interesting. E/W @ 18/1 (Betfred) BOG
Great shout! :clap:clap:clap

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August Kemp 8.10 - Saute - win at 11/4 BOG with Stan James Comfortable winner over this CD last time in a similar standard race to this Lightly raced, should be able to follow up under a penalty Has some decent speed figs for this class and has been consistant lately with a couple of 2nd places before his win Was bigger odds when I started typing.........:@.............but on the plus side that means there's some money for him and he might go off as favourite by race time.

Re: Best Bet of The Day Tuesday 24th August 20:40 Brick Red Lightly raced 3 year old having a 1st and 2nd out of 5 runs. 1st run this year was a fortnight ago finishing 8/9 in class 3 but probably needed the run. Dropping back to a class 4 and back to the polytrack with record of 1/1. To me is overpriced at 14/1 V/C and shall go 0.5 EW