** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Scotty's Bank Builder- Part 2

ScottyXS

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Scotty's New Bank Builder Feel it's time for an update (this will be done in 4 parts, 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100) Number of bets: 25 Average lay odds: 120.83 / 1 Average back odds: 1.00835 Total P/L at this stage: +£42.28 Average P/L per bet: +£1.69 [url=http://www.edock.tv/epson-t015401-ink-cartridge-black-for-epson-stylus-photo-2000p.html]

Re: Scotty's New Bank Builder Update 3. Number of bets: 75 Average lay odds: 123 / 1 Average back odds: 1.00820 Total P/L at this stage: +£118.60 (+£36.17) Average P/L per bet: +£1.58 (-£0.07) (Numbers in brackets indicate difference between bets 1-50)

Re: Scotty's New Bank Builder Final update. Number of bets: 100 Average lay odds: 130.58 / 1 Average back odds: 1.00772 Total P/L at this stage: +£161.83 (+£43.23) Average P/L per bet: +£1.62 (+£0.04) (Numbers in brackets indicate difference between bets 1-75)

Re: Scotty's New Bank Builder

Hi Scotty - when you say you will martingale on multiples how does that work?
Rebel asked this before.
whre are you laying these multiples Scotty?
Betfair Rebel. Only thing is I'm not doing them as a "Multiples" bets on Betfair - as the odds are God awful, the markup they are making is ridiculous. So instead am using singles and multiplying the odds of both selections together to get what would equate to their multiples odds. I.e. Laying Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic and Hearts 0 - Dundee Utd 1 as 1 multiples bet, this would give the double odds as say 150 on BF multiples. But instead I'm taking both bets separately, Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic (let's say odds are 10) and Hearts 0 - Dundee Utd 1 (let's say odds are 12). Combined odds are 10x12 = 120. It comes down to essentially Martingaling both selections (and going all in should I lose the first bet), but as that is what essentially laying a multiple is I'm happy to do that at the moment. The downsides ofcourse are that games cannot be on at the same time, and also have to be wary about the commission betfair is whacking off, as obviously there is a huge gulf between losing 10p on commission and losing £2 on commission and still trying to ensure a profit!
Also on weekends where the fixture list is huge do you put in 6 game multis laying the 3-3's , 2-3s etc?
Nope, I never use Betfair multi's due to their shockingly bad value! When I lay these scorelines (3-3's and the like), it is usually one after the other at different times. Come to say that, I haven't layed anything other than a scorecast result in a good wee while now! Here's a practical example-
Bet 68(a): Lay~ Central Coast 1 - Melbourne Victory 2 £16.90 @ 14/1 crossfingers.gif
Bet 68(a): LOST final score Central Coast 1 - Melbourne Victory 2 Means new balance to bet: £236.70 Banked: £53.27
:puke
Bet 68(b): Lay~ Qatar 1 - Korea DPR (North) 2 £236.70 @ 14/1 crossfingers.gif
Bet 68(b): WON final scoreQatar 0 - Korea DPR (North) 1 Won: £17.29 loon.gif Means new balance to bet: £253.80 Banked: £53.46
:cow:cow:cow At the end of the day martingaling is all that multi's are doing, and I would rather use the odds on the singles market than on Betfair's multi's markets.