** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Salisbury - Thursday 12th August

Salisbury

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
2:30 PM RSM Tenon Maiden Auction Stakes 6f 212yds 14 (0)
3:05 PM Mary Wort Memorial Maiden Stakes 6f 212yds 9 (0)
3:40 PM European Breeders' Fund Fillies' Handicap 1m 4f 11 (0)
4:15 PM totesport.com Sovereign Stakes (Group 3) 1m 10 (0)
4:50 PM Bill Garnett Memorial Fillies' Handicap 6f 9 (0)
5:20 PM Pat Boakes Memorial Handicap 1m 6f 21yds 14 (0)

Re: Salisbury - Thursday 12th August 3.40 Salisbury Another really trappy handicap and again many unexposed runners and rapid improvers but again the prices are swaying me to a 10/1 shot Shy for the Millman yard, she won in really good gritty style over CD last time out up another 3lb but looks to be going the right way now and amy still be capable of more, and was a good 2nd off a 2lb higher mark last year and shouldnt mind the good ground neither with that sound 2nd coming on G/S! 0.5pt e/w shy 10/1 hills

Re: Salisbury - Thursday 12th August 15:40 Salisbury Calatrava Cape has improved well since stepping up to this trip in 2010. She won on her reappearance at Newmarket over the distance when tackling this trip for the first time. Won by over 3 lengths off a mark of 69 that day and then followed up with a close 2nd place over the same course and distance LTO off a mark of 75. Only went down a neck to a horse that has went on to win again since so that piece of form is working out well. Raised 4lbs for that effort but should definately have a chance in this race as she is still improving having only had 7 runs to date. Ted Durcan gets on well with her having 2 places and a win when on board. 0.5pt win Calatrava Cape @ 5/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Salisbury - Thursday 12th August 4:15 Salisbury Poet's Voice 0.5pts EW - 25/1 (Bet365) Think I have to get involved at this price. My selection has only been seen twice this season. Firstly in the French 2000 Guineas, perfectly entitled to need the run and finished a decent 8th, ten lengths off the winner. Went out on soft ground next time out and didn't run well, but that was the first time he'd encountered soft ground, so I'm not too put off by that. Shaped with a lot of promise last season when running consistently well in decent contests. One thing to note about Godolphin is that their second strings do sometimes spring surprises at good prices. Last year's St Ledger is still fresh in my mind after backing Kite Wood! All in all, Poet's Voice is still open to improvement, and could well come on a lot for his last two efforts. The price is well worth the risk.

Re: Salisbury - Thursday 12th August DONNA ELVIRA 3.40 Salisbury. 0.5 points each way. Consistent type and gets into this off an attractive looking mark of 78. The trip and ground's fine, and although she appears to lack that little bit of quality, she should still be more than capable of being involved in the finish of this race. Open to finding a little improvement too, so at around the 14/1 mark would be a bet for me. I'll take the 14/1 with Mr Joe Coral.