Lay Of The Day - 6th August

15:10 Ling - Faithful Duchess 1pt lay Not sure she warrants favourtism, she's not done as much racing as most of these and is entitled to improvement but there is a few experienced horses here who are well handicapped if reproducing their old form. I expect this one to go close but it could be a case of finding another one or two to good.

Re: Lay Of The Day - 6th August 220 Worcester: Roznic This one is being backed this morning and to be fair you can see why, disappointed over a trip too short last time and has AP booked, the trainer has put him in light in this claimer but the 12 yo isnt getting any better and maybe the handicap mark is high anyway. The race will be ran at a fast pace with Marodima in the field and could get the selection off the bridle early on. One or two others in Heir To Be and Deep Reflection also have chances so at 2/1-5/2 its a lay for me.

Re: Lay Of The Day - 6th August CHABAL - NEWMARKET 7-50 Again dont think this horse should be favourite. I think Wigmore Hall should be favourite. Chabal has a lot to prove after a very poor run in the Dante and Cotton Mill at a big price might improve also. At this very short price im willing to take it on as i fancy Wigmore Hall. 1 Point Lay. :drums

Re: Lay Of The Day - 6th August MYCENEAN PRINCE 4.20 Worcester. 1 point lay. Did well to win last time, but up 10lb for that and it was his first win on his 65th attempt. Good chance on the form to get his 2nd win, but hardly straight forward and McCoy will need to be at his best I think to be winning this. Not a strong race, but several appear that little bit better weighted and so I'll take the chance that at least 1 of them can hit form today. Was looking at the place market, but it's a bit topsy turvy at the moment and so I'll stick with the win lay at around 6/4.

Re: Lay Of The Day - 6th August 6.10 Newmarket: Knox Overstreet 1pt win lay A Big run must be expected as the money appears to be down on this Tom Dascombe trained horse. However, irrespective, in a field of this size with so many unexposed horses and those with form look stronger than this horse IMO, this horse has to go down as a lay at current 6/4. Would need to show a bit more form before I was backing it at that price irrespective of tonight's outcome.

Re: Lay Of The Day - 6th August Muss 8.10 - Forevers Girl - win lay Ran a good race last time when 2nd at Thirsk But that was over 6 furlongs and all her wins have been on the slowish track at Wolves, so i think this quick 5 furlongs will be too sharp for her. Looks well handicapped on turf though, a stone below her AW mark, so one to watch out for when the conditions are right