Best bet of the day 4th Aug

3.40 Pontefract Chilly Filly is another that looks a tad overpriced at 7/2, Johnston has 3 of the 7 runners in this handicap and this looks first string on jockey bookings and looks the most reliable and progressive, she won really well building on a promising run on first start for 454 days, has some useful form on ground with some cut in it, up 5lb but looks on the up and possibly able to defy that. 1pt win chilly filly 7/2 pp

Re: Best bet of the day 4th Aug 3:30 Brighton - Licence To Till - 1pt WIN @ 9/2 (Bet365 - BOG) From the Mark Johnston yard, looks like one of his typical horses who win easily in a maiden then go into handicap company and run poorly until they go for a decent race and start to get good again. After he won his maiden by 8 lengths he went into a handicap off a mark of 83, ran poorly 4 races in a row, dropped to 78 and came third, was dropped another pound for that race and came second in a good race at Epsom when being collared late on, hit 1/20 in running and should of won but didn't handle the tough Epsom track that well and I reckon that cost him, although Brighton is an extremely tough course too I reckon he'll come on for that experience and prove his worth. Runs here off that mark again and looks to have a very solid chance. Kieran Fallon is on board for the first time and he should be an ideal ride for him. It's one of only two rides for him at Brighton before heading off for Kempton, he hasn't ridden here for 6 years so it's interesting to see him make the trip here. Johnston is in flying form over the last few weeks with winners left right and center and he won this race last year with My Gacho from a similar draw so hopefully he'll know what tactics to use to get this fellow to follow in his footsteps. He doesn't often venture to Brighton but has an impressive 23% strike rate and is usually amongst the winners enclosure when he comes here. It's only the second time he has horses here all year and this is the only one he sends out here. License To Till will be suited by the fast tempo likely to be set in this race and if he handles the track he has a seriously good chance, the ground should be ideal and the draw will be no hindrance at all. I expect him to win, but I'm going each way just to be safe at generous odds, wouldn't be surprised if he went off 5/2>3/1 which would more so reflect his chances here. All roads point to Johnston winning this race again and if he doesn't I'll be surprised.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.