AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide -1.5 @ 2.85 bet365 Like Adelaide to account for Wellington here, as you look through their side, they have a much better side than what Wellington has. In goals, Galekovic is probably the best keeper in the league, and he is well protected by Boogard and Cornthwaite in front of him. In midfield, Dodd and Pantelis provide plenty of speed and skill in order to get around the Wellington defence, while the creativity of Flores and clinical finishing of van Dijk suggests Adelaide have more firepower. Welington have Ifill returning which is a boost for them, while young Rojas has been in the spotlight of late and much is expected of him. Though they have solid players around them, they are a team that lack that incive play that is needed to turn the game, while Adelaide do have players who can do that. Also, even though Wellington did beat Adelaide recently, this game is much more important than that one, and with Adelaide likely to find a goal to take the lead, it will force Wellington to open up, and like Adelaide to hit them on the counter to score again

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season i was also thinking about adelaide win, but odds around 1,6 are just not worth the risk. ok, i know adelaide has been playing good all season long, wellington away wasn't so good, and it should be a home win, but no way at that odds. blackrow you made your point, and you have your reasoning for -1,5 but I'm not sure if the game will be so open to get that handicap. It's the playoffs, nobody wants to risk to much, and go behind very early in the game. i know it doesn't matter to much but if you look at last year's qualification finals both games ended in under. I'll have a small stake on under @1,90 bet365 you never know how the game will open, and it can go over easily, but I think that it won't happen here. For all other bets I think it's just best to wait for live betting to see how the game will go. so my bet for the game is Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix under 2,5 @1,90 bet365 good luck to you all. :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide Vs Wellington With paul Reid walking out on the club recently will definately be a spanner in their plans as he has been in good form.Adelaide are the favourites for this game but i think WELLINGTON will be up for this game.wellington has beaten them before recently & will definately be carrying that confidence into their game.Rojas has been outstanding for wellingtonlately & im confident wellington will be able to contain Adelaide today.Paul Ifill will also be fit to play which will be a boost for wellington.I expect wellington to try to contain Adelaide & hit them on the counter.Both teams will probably be tentative & be cautious & hopefully +0.5/1 @ $1.92 betinternet (Medium Stakes) Under 2.5 @ 1.90 betinternet (Medium stakes) Draw @ 3.75 (small stakes)

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season

Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix – Adelaide @ 1.57 I’ve been tossing and turning over this bet all week. I’m confident in the home win, but I’m not overly excited about the odds being offered. I was also having a look at unders in this fixture, as finals can be a very tight and cagey affair. But I’m hesitant to take the risk, I’ll have another look later today.* Anyway… my reasoning for jumping on the home side: Adelaide have been very strong at home this year, winning 7 of their past 10 home encounters. They have a couple of quality players who have been there and done it all before, especially Travis Dodd who will be looking to win that elusive trophy. They have the strike power in Van Dijk and Flores, who IMO have been 2 of the best players in the A-League this season. They also have a couple of excellent young guns in Ramsay and Leckie, who have more then proven their ability to perform at the top level. There is a small concern regarding Paul Reid, who walked out on the club yesterday and has refused to play in the finals. BUT they welcome back Cassio who can play in the midfield or defence, so they almost cancel each other out in a sense. I like Adelaide’s style of play and I think that will cause a few concerns for Wellington tonight. Especially late on in the game when Wellington are forced to push forward and go for the win… Adelaide will have too much pace down the wing and I fancy them to nail the Phoenix on the counter. I’m not a huge fan of Head to Head stats (Arsenal taught me a big lesson earlier this year in the EPL) but for those who are… this season the results have been: Adelaide 3 : 0 Wellington Wellington 2 : 1 Adelaide Adelaide 0 : 1 Wellington Good luck all :hope
:nana on the counter too!

i was also thinking about adelaide win, but odds around 1,6 are just not worth the risk. ok, i know adelaide has been playing good all season long, wellington away wasn't so good, and it should be a home win, but no way at that odds. blackrow you made your point, and you have your reasoning for -1,5 but I'm not sure if the game will be so open to get that handicap. It's the playoffs, nobody wants to risk to much, and go behind very early in the game. i know it doesn't matter to much but if you look at last year's qualification finals both games ended in under. I'll have a small stake on under @1,90 bet365 you never know how the game will open, and it can go over easily, but I think that it won't happen here. For all other bets I think it's just best to wait for live betting to see how the game will go. so my bet for the game is Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix under 2,5 @1,90 bet365 good luck to you all. :hope
:cheers:cheers the wind and the rain helped me a lot. had a bet on wellington live to score at 3,0. must say they where a bit better side in this one. adelaide was a bit lucky to win. although i didn't watch the last 20 min. didn't see the goal.:unsure i just couldn't find a good stream. al the one's i found where 10-15 min late???

Brisbane Roar v Central Coast Mariners I think this will be a very, very tight affair. Central Coast will be looking to lock things up at the back to ensure they don't throw away their home advantage, and obviously they'll be hoping to grab a goal at the very least. My concern is where that goal is going to come from. Matt Simon is obviously a proven goalscorer, but he is returning from injury and obviously his form will suffer because of that. None of their other strikers or midfielders have really set the league on fire, and I'm just struggling to work out where that goal may come from? I don't need to say too much about Brisbane. They've obviously been the benchmark in the league this season. They have some fantastic players across the park, in attack, midfield and of course defence. Their style of play will ensure chances are created, but I don't believe they'll be desperate and push too hard for that away goal, they will not want to be caught on the counter. I honestly think Brisbane would settle for a draw here, so I don't expect them to really crack on as much as we've seen this season. Having said that, it's hard to rule out at least one goal when Brisbane play. They have so much flair and ability that it's stupid to rule them out. I'm expecting both sides to be quite defensive and cautious. Neither side will want to give away stupid goals. Brisbane should get the win based on this season's form, but they'll have to work hard for it and there'll be no more then a goal or two in it. Brisbane DNB @ 1.73 Sportsbet Under 2.5 @ 1.62 Sportsbet Good luck all :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season I want to ask about AUS player L.DeVere(Brisbone Roar) He was transfered to Gyeongnam(Korea).. I can watch him play in K-league. Anyway, anyone who knows about his ability or play style ? and is it big blow of Brisbone? and he will play today match vsCC Coast? p.s If possible, I want to heard about I.Fyfe(Adelaide Utd) and van den Brink(GG Coast)

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Brisbane @ 2.40 centrebet Keeping this simple. Brisbane were the standout team this year, and their very good passing has shown that they can open up any team. Broich and McKay in particular have been outstanding this year, and like them to provide the edge in this game. While CC have improved, believe that they can be opened up at the, while with the possible loss of Simn up fornt, they lose that striker who can niggle and get in amongst the backs. Like the Brisbane class to prevail here

Brisbane Roar v Central Coast Mariners I think this will be a very, very tight affair. Central Coast will be looking to lock things up at the back to ensure they don't throw away their home advantage, and obviously they'll be hoping to grab a goal at the very least. My concern is where that goal is going to come from. Matt Simon is obviously a proven goalscorer, but he is returning from injury and obviously his form will suffer because of that. None of their other strikers or midfielders have really set the league on fire, and I'm just struggling to work out where that goal may come from? I don't need to say too much about Brisbane. They've obviously been the benchmark in the league this season. They have some fantastic players across the park, in attack, midfield and of course defence. Their style of play will ensure chances are created, but I don't believe they'll be desperate and push too hard for that away goal, they will not want to be caught on the counter. I honestly think Brisbane would settle for a draw here, so I don't expect them to really crack on as much as we've seen this season. Having said that, it's hard to rule out at least one goal when Brisbane play. They have so much flair and ability that it's stupid to rule them out. I'm expecting both sides to be quite defensive and cautious. Neither side will want to give away stupid goals. Brisbane should get the win based on this season's form, but they'll have to work hard for it and there'll be no more then a goal or two in it. Brisbane DNB @ 1.73 Sportsbet Under 2.5 @ 1.62 Sportsbet Good luck all :hope
That'll do me :nana

Blackcrow, is the Victory game sudden death or 2 legs ? thanks
2 legs mate. The winner of this moves straight to the final, while the loser gets a second bite at the cherry and will vs the winner of Adelaide v Gold Coast/Melbourne Victory. Sorry to answer for you Blackcrow.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne Victory @ 2.63 pinnacle Elimination semi final between Gold Coast and the Melbourne Victory as the winner meets Adelaide while the loser is out. Like the Victory here as they are coming into this game with 3 wins of their last 4 games, scoring 9 goals and allowing just one, while the GC have just one win and a draw in their last 4 games, scoring 2 goals and allowing 8 goals. The Victory have much more experience playing in finals football, and have more players of turning a game, with Thompson, Hernandez and Kruse all capable of some magic. The GC look a bit disorganised without Culina in midfield to run their team, and expect the Victory to be fired up after recent comments by the GC coach about their physical style of play, when in fact they do play a pretty attacking style.

Gold Coast United v Melbourne Victory – Melbourne @ 2.70 I’m all over Melbourne Victory at odds of 2.70! Great price IMO and I certainly can’t pass it up. Melbourne Victory are always a serious contender when it comes to finals and I believe they’ll be challenging again this year. They’ve made the finals despite losing a host of important players throughout the season, and luckily all of those players have returned at the perfect time (with the exception of their captain Kevin Muscat). A really important factor for me is that for the first time this season, Ernie Merrick will be able to field his strongest line-up, including players like Allsopp, Kruse, Thompson and Hernandez. If that doesn’t create a cause for concern, then I don’t know what will! So much attacking potential and plenty of proven goalscorers. I also think its important to remember that Ernie Merrick hasn’t made any wholesale changes over the past few seasons, he has kept the bulk of the side together for quite a while now which means most of them have finals experience, and know how to handle the pressure. I’m not entirely convinced by Gold Coast this year. They have chalked up a couple of great wins this season, but they haven’t set the world on fire and they don’t have that vital finals experience. They obviously have their own attacking threats in Smeltz and Djite (with the latter out injured and potentially coming back with pain killing injections), but their midfield has a gaping hole with Cullina being absent. He is a massive loss for them and I cant stress that enough. Again, I’m not a huge fan of the H2H stats, but for those who are… here are this seasons results. Gold Coast 0:1 Melbourne Victory Melbourne 0:1 Gold Coast Melbourne 2:0 Gold Coast Good luck all :hope
Really looking forward to this fixture!

Gold Coast United v Melbourne Victory – Melbourne @ 2.70 I’m all over Melbourne Victory at odds of 2.70! Great price IMO and I certainly can’t pass it up.
Gold Coast scored an injury time goal to win 1-0. I wasn't impressed with Melbourne at all today... and what a strange move by Merrick to leave Hernandez and Thompson out of the starting line-up? :@

Gold Coast scored an injury time goal to win 1-0. I wasn't impressed with Melbourne at all today... and what a strange move by Merrick to leave Hernandez and Thompson out of the starting line-up? :@
Yeah, expected both to start. One reason why they did not dominate, though they did have some very good chances to score

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Current Sportsbet odds on premiership Brisbane $1.38 Central Coast $4.50 Adelaide $10 Gold Coast $15 Can anyone see any value in Adelaide at these odds? For a majority of the season they were considered close to equal favourites with Brisbane. They play some quality football with a full strength squad and I can see no reason why they can't grab a result against the Coast sides and meet Brisbane in the grand final. Of course Brisbane are deservedly short favourites but I see Adelaide as a good layoff bet for those with money invested in Brisbane at the start of the season.

Re: AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season Brisbane Roar @ 1.62 Sportsbet Reasoning..... Hmmm well Brisbane have dominated the league all season and comfortably thumped Central Coast a week ago on their own patch. I fancy them to continue their dominance and win the second leg. Very lazy today. Can anyone honestly see a different outcome in this fixture? I doubt it.

Re: AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season Brisbane - Central Coast over 2.5 @ 1.91 pinnacle Expect Brisbane to progress after taking a 2-0 lead from the firs tleg, but while Brisbane won the game, the Central Coast were unlucky as they did hit the woodwork a few times, and on any other day, may have had a 2-2 draw in that game. So they will have to attack from the outset as they have little to lose here. Brisbane will play their normal game and attack as well, so expect this to be an open game. While Brisbane is, in my opinion the better side, the odds are not too flash for a win here, and there is a feeling that they did ride their luck in the first leg. This may be the game where their unbeaten streak ends if CC get some luck. Doubt that they will overturn a 2-0 deficit, but like the look of some goals in this game

Re: AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season ADELAIDE UNITED V GOLD COAST UNITED Double 1.83 B365 8pts 1 Over 9.0 @ 1.50 2 Under 3.5 @ 1.22 Reasoning: Living in Adelaide at the moment and went to the Adelaide vs Wellington game last week. I put a double of over 11 corners and over 2.5 goals. It was only a 1-0 game but there were around 14+ corners. If you would have watched the game you would have see that the game was played in almost cyclone conditions haha. So maybe this could be the reasoning for under however in did not effect the corners result. This week i feel there will be corners again. Adelaide play with a lot of pace and gold coast play very wide and have also quick players who like to hit the byline. Both teams seem to shoot a lot from all over the field and create corners. With better conditions today I believe both teams are very capable of 5 corners each. As for goals. This is a finals match and both teams will be very nervy and could take 20 minutes for the teams to settle. With the wellington game going Under and Gold coast going under against Victory I feel this game should go under 2.5. However both teams can score goals so I have chosen under 3.5 as 2-1 is a realistic score. But with the finals factor the game should go under 3.5. So creating the price of 1.83 for these two factors it looks like a healthy bet. Be nice to know what others think Come on the corners and keep away the goals :rollin Fingers crossed :hope

Re: AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

ADELAIDE UNITED V GOLD COAST UNITED Double 1.83 B365 8pts 1 Over 9.0 @ 1.50 2 Under 3.5 @ 1.22 Reasoning: Living in Adelaide at the moment and went to the Adelaide vs Wellington game last week. I put a double of over 11 corners and over 2.5 goals. It was only a 1-0 game but there were around 14+ corners. If you would have watched the game you would have see that the game was played in almost cyclone conditions haha. So maybe this could be the reasoning for under however in did not effect the corners result. This week i feel there will be corners again. Adelaide play with a lot of pace and gold coast play very wide and have also quick players who like to hit the byline. Both teams seem to shoot a lot from all over the field and create corners. With better conditions today I believe both teams are very capable of 5 corners each. As for goals. This is a finals match and both teams will be very nervy and could take 20 minutes for the teams to settle. With the wellington game going Under and Gold coast going under against Victory I feel this game should go under 2.5. However both teams can score goals so I have chosen under 3.5 as 2-1 is a realistic score. But with the finals factor the game should go under 3.5. So creating the price of 1.83 for these two factors it looks like a healthy bet. Be nice to know what others think Come on the corners and keep away the goals :rollin Fingers crossed :hope
I like the corners bet. Will follow. :ok

Re: AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

I like the corners bet. Will follow. :ok
Sorry man, got that one horribly wrong in the end. Was great at, half time it was only 1-0 with 4 corners. So i presumed with the home team down they should be creating a lot of pressure and mabye 1 goal. Final total was 8. :wall