Brazil Serie B July 28th 2010

Re: Brazil Serie B July 28th 2010 "Brazil Serie B" is a tough league to make predictions, 'cause the teams are not very reliable. Besides that, usually the odds are not generous enough, considering how often the underdog surprises the favourite. So, for tonight, I'm gonna take a double bet with low stake. Sport vs Duque de Caxias - Sport Santo Andre vs America RN - Over 2.5 Sport vs Duque de Caxias Before the begining of competition, Sport were one of the favourites to get promoted. After 10 rounds they're in 13th position, two points ahead relegation zone. But I think it's time for them to bounce back and start to chase promotion. Sport have a full fit squad for the game tonight. Sport welcome back Ciro (main attacker and topscorer) and Dutra (main defender). Duque de Caxias played 5 games on the road, 4 defeats and 1 win, scoring 4 goals and conceding 12. The team showed some improvements since World Cup time out, but the defense is still not solid enough. Sport have a better side, play at home and desperatly need the 3 points. I'm not gonna take them solo just because I don't like the odds. Santo Andre vs América RN Both teams will have a full fit squad. Santo Andre have a very different sqaud from Paulista Championship (when they were runners up), their main players, Branquinho and Bruno Cesar, were sold to Atlético PR and Corinthians respectively. 9 of 10 games of Santo Andre went over 2.5 in Serie B, they scored 19 and conceded 21, an average of 4 goals per game. América RN usually play better on the road and I expect them to score at least one goal tonight. Both teams are in the bottom of the table, so I expect an open game with a lot of chances for both sides.

Re: Brazil Serie B July 28th 2010

"Brazil Serie B" is a tough league to make predictions, 'cause the teams are not very reliable. Besides that, usually the odds are not generous enough, considering how often the underdog surprises the favourite. So, for tonight, I'm gonna take a double bet with low stake. Sport vs Duque de Caxias - Sport Santo Andre vs America RN - Over 2.5 Sport vs Duque de Caxias Before the begining of competition, Sport were one of the favourites to get promoted. After 10 rounds they're in 13th position, two points ahead relegation zone. But I think it's time for them to bounce back and start to chase promotion. Sport have a full fit squad for the game tonight. Sport welcome back Ciro (main attacker and topscorer) and Dutra (main defender). Duque de Caxias played 5 games on the road, 4 defeats and 1 win, scoring 4 goals and conceding 12. The team showed some improvements since World Cup time out, but the defense is still not solid enough. Sport have a better side, play at home and desperatly need the 3 points. I'm not gonna take them solo just because I don't like the odds. Santo Andre vs América RN Both teams will have a full fit squad. Santo Andre have a very different sqaud from Paulista Championship (when they were runners up), their main players, Branquinho and Bruno Cesar, were sold to Atlético PR and Corinthians respectively. 9 of 10 games of Santo Andre went over 2.5 in Serie B, they scored 19 and conceded 21, an average of 4 goals per game. América RN usually play better on the road and I expect them to score at least one goal tonight. Both teams are in the bottom of the table, so I expect an open game with a lot of chances for both sides.
Excellent comments. The only thing I'm not so sure about is América's offense. They have scored one goal since the WC break (3 games). On the other hand, all Santo André games at série B were over 1.5 goals and 9 out of 10 were over 2.5. Sport has been struggling recently, but I expect them to win and wouldn't be surprised if they did it by more than one goal, although Caxias has played better over the last few matches.

Re: Brazil Serie B July 28th 2010

Excellent comments. The only thing I'm not so sure about is América's offense. They have scored one goal since the WC break (3 games). On the other hand, all Santo André games at série B were over 1.5 goals and 9 out of 10 were over 2.5. Sport has been struggling recently, but I expect them to win and wouldn't be surprised if they did it by more than one goal, although Caxias has played better over the last few matches.
Sport's match was a joke. They had the lead (1-0), Duque de Caxias were down to 10 men, the referee didn't give a clear penalty at 44th minute, later, in second half, he invented a penalty to Duque de Caxias. Hard to beat the odds with those referees of Serie B. In Santo Andre's match I made a completley wrong call. The result should've been 0-0, ugly ugly game.